Post by Brew »

Good news!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
FROG
Brett Mullins

Re: Ricky Stuart re-signs as coach of the Canberra Raiders until end of 2023

Post by FROG »

Agree..both on field and off field performance has improved markedly since he has taken the reins.. you were right to be ecstatic when we signed him!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Finally focusing on defence got you a three year extension. Nice work Stick!
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Re: Canberra Raiders set to extend Ricky Stuart’s contract to end 2022

Post by raidersmalt »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 31, 2019, 1:49 pm Ricky Stuart will never be sacked by our club.

All we can hope for is that he gets results. Based on age, the core of this squad has about a 3-4 year window. Hopefully they are good enough.
If David Furner can get the sack, anyone can.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

raidersmalt wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 31, 2019, 1:49 pm Ricky Stuart will never be sacked by our club.

All we can hope for is that he gets results. Based on age, the core of this squad has about a 3-4 year window. Hopefully they are good enough.
If David Furner can get the sack, anyone can.
Exactly. I really don’t get where this “Ricky Stuart will never get sacked” belief comes from. I firmly believe if this year hadn’t been a success he would’ve been shown the door, whether convinced to stand down or not having his contract renewed.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I thought a 2 year extension was reasonable. Not so sure about 3 years as its a fair old stretch based on limited success to date. You just have to hope we can back up what we've achieved this year. If we miss the finals in 2020 and 2021 we'll have a coach contracted for another 2 years despite taking the team into the finals only twice in 8 years. Of course I doubt if RIcky or the club would hold each other to ransom over the contract. If it aint working out I'm confident an agreement would be met that would allow Ricky to be replaced as coach while he would move into another paid role within the club.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I think it's reasonable to suggest that if we miss the finals the next two years that Stuart will either hang up the boots or be pushed.

I think it's also a fairly good assumption that this current squad isn't going to fall into the same hole as the 2017/18 guys. They just seem hungrier now, better all-round attitude.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders re-sign Ricky Stuart as coach, setting club in strong stead to 'over-achieve'

On the eve of their first finals campaign in three seasons, the Canberra Raiders have received a massive boost with coach Ricky Stuart extending his deal with the club for another three years. Already contracted for 2020, the new deal means Stuart will coach Canberra for 10 seasons.

Read more: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-10/ ... h/11493858
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I actually don't think we'll regret this.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

I heard from somebody, supposedly in the know, that Furner and Stuart are receiving many enquiries from ‘name players’ interested in future opportunities at the Raiders. Interesting...
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Seems like there are a lot of “in the know” in Canberra!

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

sprintman wrote:I heard from somebody, supposedly in the know, that Furner and Stuart are receiving many enquiries from ‘name players’ interested in future opportunities at the Raiders. Interesting...
If you were a half decent prop or winger, you’re gonna get great service from Hodgson or our centres.

The reason so many average props have looked good at the Storm over the years has been Cameron Smith. Hodgson is only a rung below Smith in terms of putting his props between tacklers.

No surprise Boyd looks worse at Titans.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I loved the fact that if we hadnt made the finals Ricky would not have agreed to the extension, shows he has strong values for himself and the team
Vaccinated
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I support the Raiders so I wish him well. But, I reckon the Raiders Board have gone off early. As for Hawke saying the side 'over achieved' early in Sticky's stint, that's not even close when half the sides in the competition get to play finals football each year. His record is 2 finals series in 6 years as Raiders coach. This year the focus has rightly been on our defence and it has borne fruit. Up until the Warriors match we have not faded like the last few seasons. Hopefully the finals matches will see successful game plans produced and executed. We have another 4 years to watch how the side evolves.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Ricky Stuart re-signs as coach of the Canberra Raiders until end of 2023

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote:I loved the fact that if we hadnt made the finals Ricky would not have agreed to the extension, shows he has strong values for himself and the team
Hahaha that’s the stupidest line I’ve ever seen, there’s no way he’s getting an extension if we didn’t make the finals this year

No way at all

Jesus cat, I’ve got some prime swampland you might want to buy
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

The Rickman wrote:
cat wrote:I loved the fact that if we hadnt made the finals Ricky would not have agreed to the extension, shows he has strong values for himself and the team
Hahaha that’s the stupidest line I’ve ever seen, there’s no way he’s getting an extension if we didn’t make the finals this year

No way at all

Jesus cat, I’ve got some prime swampland you might want to buy
And of course It’s easier for Ricky to say that after we have made the finals...

In Ricky We Trust
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Not enough recognition or praise for the great man.

Win or lose next weekend, he must be thanked for the ride he's given us this year and the team he's built. The way he has helped to turn around the culture of this club, from the dark days of Jed Bogan and Sticky Fingers Ferguson sinking alcopops on a roof top, is nothing short of remarkable. We wouldn't be here without him.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yep, the display of actual coaching this year is as good as I remember seeing from any coach.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

afgtnk wrote: September 28, 2019, 2:00 pm Not enough recognition or praise for the great man.

Win or lose next weekend, he must be thanked for the ride he's given us this year and the team he's built. The way he has helped to turn around the culture of this club, from the dark days of Jed Bogan and Sticky Fingers Ferguson sinking alcopops on a roof top, is nothing short of remarkable. We wouldn't be here without him.
Finally - some common sense.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The moment last year's season finished, every thing the coach has done from that point has, IMO been absolutely spot on. Which is why Rickman and i were so confident coming into this year, i dont know how or why it happened, but he's a different coach this year, and he's a better coach... and yes, he's got a better team but a good coach simply puts the team and his team and players in a position to succeed, Stuart has put this team collectively and the players individually into great positions, with complimentary talent around them, to succeed.

He deserves all the priase he'll get and then some.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Absolutely. You’d have to imagine last year’s review was actually a bloody good one, because there’s been some stark differences in approach this year.

Full credit to Ricky in making the changes. He’s just done a fantastic job this year all round and I can’t see how he isn’t Dally M coach of the year.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I think a big turning point was actually last year when he decided to let Paulo and Boyd walk.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Paulo almost stayed, but in the end that massive offer was just too lucrative. Can't blame him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

edwahu wrote:I think a big turning point was actually last year when he decided to let Paulo and Boyd walk.
Austin as well

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk