Sea Eagles 13+
8%

Total votes: 13

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 9:16 am
gangrenous wrote: August 28, 2019, 8:56 am It’s really easy pigman. Define Offensive and Defensive by the try scorer. Then you’re only checking the onside where the scoring team takes possession in the play.

Simples.
So in this circumstance, Manly scored, so they are the offensive team and their offside is checked. So the No try is spun up and we get a penalty.
Great.

3 tackles later, we spin it wide and Bateman is tackled 5 yards short, but gets a quick play the ball, Beej and Rapana work a little two man game down the short side and Rapana dives for the corner. He knocks it on because the winger, who we can clearly see on replay was offside, knocks his arm as he tried to ground it

You alright with the video referee having to ignore that clear and obvious offside? You're ok with the knock on standing and handing the ball to Manly?
The manly winger in this circumstance is a defensive player and we're not allowed to check offside for a defensive player.

Also unintended consequence. Bomb goes up in the air, it's dropped by the Manly fullback, player from manly in an offside position attempts to regain the footy, touches it, but doesnt retain possession. Ball goes to the raiders, they try to score but knock on in ground. The ref missed the touch by Manly in an offside position, but he's defensively offside so now it's not in scope? Raiders get the ball back for the knock on, or maybe they dont if the ref ruled advantage taken, but no penalty

And maybe you are ok with it. I bet most NRL fans wont be though, especially when it costs them a footy game
They don’t need to change any of the things they do now in those situations. What they need to change is to give the option of allowing the bunker to check if a player was on side at an intercept, which leads to a try. It’s a very simple fix.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I agree with the assertion by many here that they SHOULD have checked for onside for an intercept, and they really always should in that circumstance, HOWEVER I do disagree with a few posters commenting that they check every single little thing on every other decision.

That's simply not true, there's often where the video ref only checks the grounding and has a decision before we even see the first replay. It's very, very common. The video ref generally checks what they're told to check.

I honestly think people just see what they want to believe and see conspiracy everywhere.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'll intentionally quote like this as long as people quote like that
The Rickman wrote:Hahahaha touche
Coastalraider wrote: August 28, 2019, 10:22 am Careful...
The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 10:15 am
Coastalraider wrote: August 28, 2019, 9:30 am
The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 8:40 am Sorry mate, it was 4am and I got my pig-rick-nicks mixed up :roflmao
Hahaha oh boy, that's a special type of quoting effort you've done there, too!

dubby would be proud
Your treading on dangerous ground...
Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: August 28, 2019, 10:47 am They don’t need to change any of the things they do now in those situations. What they need to change is to give the option of allowing the bunker to check if a player was on side at an intercept, which leads to a try. It’s a very simple fix.
yes, that does solve the intercept problem. And creates an inconsistency with other areas of the game.
An inconsistency that i dont believe you would accept at all. As i said, if that Manly try is ruled a no try and we are awarded a penalty, and 3 plays later an offside player stops a try and we have to hand the ball over, instead of getting a penalty, and the video referee cant rule on that, there is ZERO chance you accept that. ZERO.
None. Less than zero. You'd be furious at how 3 plays ago the video ref is allowed to get the call right and 3 plays later he now cant make an adjudication on that same rule and we're disadvantage by that.
And we're back here having the same discussion about how the rule needs to be changed to allow that the bunker to rule in that circumstance.
And you'd be right. That would be ridiculous. You either allow them to rule on it, or you dont.

It's what they call a slippery slope. You allow that to ruled on for intercepts and the next step is allow it to be ruled on for x, then y, and then its a to z, and we're exactly where i said, which is a the bunker now looking at offside for every decision to first determine if all defenders involved in the play were back with the official at the time the ruck clears
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

A fwiw i think if Stuart isn't going to inject Simonsson into the middle of the park when chasing the points against Manly in a non absolutely crucial game then he probably doesn't plan to at all. If that's the case I don't like the outside back on the bench if Leilua comes back in.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 10:15 am
Coastalraider wrote: August 28, 2019, 9:30 am
The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 8:40 am
Coastalraider wrote: Wait a minute... don’t bring me into this!
Sorry mate, it was 4am and I got my pig-rick-nicks mixed up :roflmao
Hahaha oh boy, that's a special type of quoting effort you've done there, too!

dubby would be proud
Shouldn't that say EDIT would be proud?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It really should just autocorrect to HWSNBN now, shouldn't it?
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

What?
The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 2:12 pm It really should just autocorrect to HWSNBN now, shouldn't it?
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Oh wait, I just HWSNBNed, didn't I?

**** it all....
afgtnk wrote: August 28, 2019, 2:17 pm What?
The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 2:12 pm It really should just autocorrect to HWSNBN now, shouldn't it?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

afgtnk wrote:What?
I think he's asking how your NBN coverage is?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Oh, not a patch on what I had in Canberra since moving to Sydney's East. **** Libs. And they have the gall to say Canberra doesn't have any attractions...

gergreg wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:05 pm

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:14 pm Oh, not a patch on what I had in Canberra since moving to Sydney's East. **** Libs. And they have the gall to say Canberra doesn't have any attractions...

gergreg wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:05 pm Boy it's getting really quite hard to even figure out where people are putting their quotes now, isn't it??

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Deal with it. There's worse quoting around.

It's at the bottom.

Deal with it.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:47 pm Deal with it. There's worse quoting around.

It's at the bottom.
Nickman wrote: I guess we all should just quote however we want then??

Deal with it.
Deal with it.

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 6:04 pm
dubby wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:47 pm Deal with it. There's worse quoting around.

It's at the bottom.
Nickman wrote: I guess we all should just quote however we want then??

Deal with it.
Deal with it.

Sorry, whats going on? Dubby, your quotes are coming up on the top on my Dell Computer - might want to check your settings.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nah it's the GH app. Defaults to the top.

Makes nickman crazy so I'll keep doing it.

afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

desufnoc os m'I
The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:23 pm
afgtnk wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:14 pm ...snoitcartta yna evah t'nseod arrebnaC yas ot llag eht evah yeht dnA .sbiL **** .tsaE s'yendyS ot gnivom ecnis arrebnaC ni dah I tahw no hctap a ton ,hO

gergreg wrote: August 28, 2019, 5:05 pm ??ti t'nsi ,won setouq rieht gnittup era elpoep erehw tuo erugif neve ot drah etiuq yllaer gnitteg s'ti yoB
The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 2:12 pm ?ti t'ndluohs ,won NBNSWH ot tcerrocotua tsuj dluohs yllaer tI
?si egarevoc NBN ruoy woh gniksa s'eh kniht I

klatapaT gnisu F075G-MS ym morf tneS
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:Nah it's the GH app. Defaults to the top.

Makes nickman crazy so I'll keep doing it.

Also appears to annoy the rest of the forum, including Fergus.

But you do you, pal. You do you
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

It only annoys you.

No one else cares.

So I'll keep doing it.

Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

I think we need a poll
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yeah a poll of people who take polls. That always works.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:It only annoys you.

No one else cares.

So I'll keep doing it.

Honestly, of all the things you say and do... THAT annoys me the least
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cut out the rubbish, personal in fighting, thanks. Every post I see from here that engages in it, gets deleted. There’s a warning every time. You know what happens then. I am completely out of patience.

Incorrect quoting... those posts get deleted too.

Everyone warned.