8%

Total votes: 13

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by -PJ- »

And..

JTurbo scores a try on the back of a penalty against Whitehead which was dodgy as .,.,
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Raider47 wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:07 pm Croker kicking undoes us once again. He slots over that relatively straight forward conversion and we have all the possession in last few mins. Received multiple pens and even game or Manly are forced to not give away a pen and opportunities aplenty would arise
More likely Manly give away even more penalties but none of them get blown because we are within 2 and refs dont want to decide games (unless it's in the first 75 minutes).
Last edited by edwahu on August 25, 2019, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Was nice of the refs to use the momentum of the Raiders celebration of Deaf Australia to raise awareness of blindness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

According to the Niques you can't blame the officials.
-PJ- wrote:The rough end of the pineapple...

No doubt.

Anyone who thinks the refs didn't play a part in that ?
Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:15 pm According to the Niques you can't blame the officials.
-PJ- wrote:The rough end of the pineapple...

No doubt.

Anyone who thinks the refs didn't play a part in that ?
Fairynuff..

Ash Klein you are a gimp...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

TongueFTW wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:10 pm I think Leilua's presence tips our team footy IQ into the negative. Absolutely bone headed play.
Yeah I’m happy for other options to be explored!
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

afgtnk wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:13 pm
Raider47 wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:07 pm Croker kicking undoes us once again. He slots over that relatively straight forward conversion and we have all the possession in last few mins. Received multiple pens and even game or Manly are forced to not give away a pen and opportunities aplenty would arise
There has to come a point where he either gets relied from his duties or has the tee taken from him when the conversion is to the left of the posts. He has hit them horribly for the entire year from there
Considering he was the only player out there to even score points tonight I think maybe you're aiming worse than some of his kicks have been...

Wighton didn't even get the ball in that last set, must be Croker's fault too? The refs called every dropped Manly call a strip, must be Croker's fault too? Manly are allowed to call time off while we are racing up the field, but sure, it's all on that one kick...
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I don’t see us winning at Shark Park.
I had that down as a loss before this run in.
By the same token i dont see Souths or Manly winning both final games.
I guess were still a chance of 3rd, possibly 4th.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

ok now that i have got my whinging about the refs out the way

Sticky needs to do something about how Manly play us like a fiddle. Its getting quite laughable now.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Why are none of the commentators talking about some of those calls? We were dudded.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

LastRaider wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:13 pm Well that game hasn’t dented my confidence in the team going deep into the finals.

Unfortunately the way it was referred just doesn’t suit our style of play and I can’t see it being referred that way come September.
I feel the same. If we get a free - flowing style of game, we win. However, we needed to be smarter today - we got sucked in.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

BJ knee was not a penalty try players just act hurt like they do in crushers tackles now where players try and milk a penalty.
Raiders made a few silly errors BJs temper came out again AND I have to admit the refs did give Manly three soft penalties in a row.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

This press conference is going to be very interesting...

What tack will he take I wonder
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

We'll probably finish 4th, but we'll bail out pretty early.

Another storm or roosters premiership.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

Manly done the exact same thing to melbourne.

You would say they are fairly composed team

It's hard to overcome those dirty tactics
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I tell you one thing, we just have no attacking options on the right side with Sezer. Can’t wait to get Williams there for next year.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Billy Walker wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:16 pm
TongueFTW wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:10 pm I think Leilua's presence tips our team footy IQ into the negative. Absolutely bone headed play.
Yeah my reluctance for him to play again this year came to fruition in that game. Two times, he puts knees in the back. Why? What purpose does it serve the team? Just brain dead. I’m so furious at the referee today, but I’m ropable about BJ and his game today.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

BJ is. We've known that for years

Rads1984
Brett Mullins

Post by Rads1984 »

How is Sam Williams playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:14 pm Nailed it. We just weren't good enough.

Lol. Won't lose another game this year.
pickles wrote:There were a lot of things that happened in that game that didn’t help but that loss is on our heads. We turned the ball over way too cheaply, way too many times. We weren’t patient in attack and didn’t build pressure.

We went away from everything that has been working for us and played incredibly dumb.

Our defence kept us in the game but we were terrible with the ball and the was the main difference.
Bull we weren't good enough. They score an intercept try from a blatant offside. 2nd try comes after a drop ball incorrectly penalised. They other than that they couldn't crack is for the entire game. Don't give me this "not good enough" crap.
Last edited by Northern Raider on August 25, 2019, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenMachine wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:18 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:16 pm
Yeah my reluctance for him to play again this year came to fruition in that game. Two times, he puts knees in the back. Why? What purpose does it serve the team? Just brain dead. I’m so furious at the referee today, but I’m ropable about BJ and his game today.
Tarps was bonehead dumb last week but BJ is a far greater liability going into finals
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Lots of discussion about manly being offside for the intercept. Does anyone have any proof?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Can’t see anything other than Roosters v a Storm again...this loss will hurt the confidence and I won’t be surprised if we’re on the back end of an ugly result at Shark Park.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:18 pm We'll probably finish 4th, but we'll bail out pretty early.

Sadly, This is 100% gonna be the case... and if it is I wont be watching the grand final for the 1st time in 25 years
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Butters wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:20 pm Lots of discussion about manly being offside for the intercept. Does anyone have any proof?

Give us the correct video footage and we'll find the proof.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

If we were good enough, we'd win that game

Don't give me your bull. We weren't. We were stupid. We deserved to lose based on stupid things. Simples.
Northern Raider wrote:

pickles wrote:There were a lot of things that happened in that game that didn’t help but that loss is on our heads. We turned the ball over way too cheaply, way too many times. We weren’t patient in attack and didn’t build pressure.

We went away from everything that has been working for us and played incredibly dumb.

Our defence kept us in the game but we were terrible with the ball and the was the main difference.
Bull we weren't good enough. They score an intercept try from a blatant offside. 2nd try comes after a drop ball incorrectly penalised. They other than that they couldn't crack is for the entire game. Don't give me this "not good enough" crap.

Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

We were on the front foot and their trainer stops the game to have a player off for hia for no reason. The nrl is beyond bad.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:20 pm

Dubby doesnt have a **** clue what he's talking about
EDIT
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

it's in the rules afterall.
1992 wrote:We were on the front foot and their trainer stops the game to have a player off for hia for no reason. The nrl is beyond bad.

GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Lucky wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:21 pm
dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:18 pm We'll probably finish 4th, but we'll bail out pretty early.

Sadly, This is 100% gonna be the case... and if it is I wont be watching the grand final for the 1st time in 25 years
I purposely booked my flight to Singapore on the 7th in the hope of being at the GF watching the Raiders. I should have known better.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:22 pm If we were good enough, we'd win that game

Don't give me your bull. We weren't. We were stupid. We deserved to lose based on stupid things. Simples.
Northern Raider wrote:

Bollocks.

.. and can you please use quoting properly.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Both Manly games have been the most frustrating of the season
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Butters wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:20 pm Lots of discussion about manly being offside for the intercept. Does anyone have any proof?

He caught the pass from dummy half 9 meters from the goal line, he was a good 3 meters off side at least
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Northern Raider wrote:

Give us the correct video footage and we'll find the proof.
I'm not arguing. I'm just going to need it for work tomorrow.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Ultima wrote:
afgtnk wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:13 pm
There has to come a point where he either gets relied from his duties or has the tee taken from him when the conversion is to the left of the posts. He has hit them horribly for the entire year from there
Considering he was the only player out there to even score points tonight I think maybe you're aiming worse than some of his kicks have been...

Wighton didn't even get the ball in that last set, must be Croker's fault too? The refs called every dropped Manly call a strip, must be Croker's fault too? Manly are allowed to call time off while we are racing up the field, but sure, it's all on that one kick...
I personally think Crocker’s been great this year, but his kicking has been off and has let us down a number of times this season. It’s not the worst question to be asked.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.