Post by EJ »

We were way too dumb go win that today.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

We were totally dudded in that game. I don’t believe the best team won today. For that reason as annoying and disappointing as that result is, it isn’t like we were beaten by a better team. I have no doubts we get them if we meet them in finals. I am concerned about BJ. His discipline is terrible and will cost us. I’m also worried about our wingers - Raps showed glimpses but Cotric was poor.

There were some positives there tonight- Wighton massive!
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

robtheraider wrote:
SubLime Green wrote: August 25, 2019, 5:59 pm Hard loss to take there. Played well enough to win easily but couldn't get over the line on the back of some of the worst refereeing I have ever seen.

A legitimate 12 point swing with the Wighton 'no try' suddenly reversing years of precedent for maintaining possession while grounding the ball and then Manly getting themselves back in the game with an intercept after being about 5-6 metres offside.

Sometimes when the NRL wants a result, there is not much you can do.
I think you have summed it up...there was a clear desire to have a "NRL" result...that is have a Sydney team win
I watched the channel nine coverage. Big mistake. Clearly wanted Manly to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I don’t blame the attitude.
I put the blame squarely on the ref and BJ.
What a dumb player. Brainless.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 25, 2019, 5:59 pm Pretty much a repeat of our first match. They were allowed to spoil all match long. Send someone to the bin in the first half when either team kept offending and that game is a lot more controlled.
If the game was refereed decently we would have taken the chocolates I am sure. Abominable performance from the referees.

Having said this, our record at home is pretty crap against the better sides and we are now in an absolute dogfight to hold onto 3rd spot, the Sharks next week is going to be very difficult.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Northern Raider wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:02 pm
yeh raiders wrote: August 25, 2019, 5:59 pm Can’t remember the last time I blamed a ref for a Raiders loss, but the Manly intercept try was inexcusable incompetence.
I will criticise refs but rarely blame them for a loss. Not this **** time. They **** us over in that game.
Yeah slide over, I’ll get in on this boat!
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Manly trainer did what the Roosters trainer repeatedly did. That stopping of the game for the Boyle 'injury' was blatant cheating. Just as the Roosters cheated with that tactic 2 weeks ago.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Azza wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:01 pm Very disappointing - the way that game was refereed and the stop start nature fell right into Manly's hands. If we play them again and actually have a decent flowing game we would beat them 100% confident, but we got drawn into their crap and still almost pulled it out of the fire.

Manly are rapidly becoming my second most disliked team after the Sharks for the spoiling style of football they play. But we need to be smart enough to overcome it.
I don't see it happening though. Both times we've played them the refs have hammered them with penalties early, but no sin bin.

Then the refs realise they need to level up the penalties so they can use spoiler tactics with far more leeway.

The secret is the bin but we're not a glamour club so it has to be blatant for that to occur.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote:
robtheraider wrote:
SubLime Green wrote: August 25, 2019, 5:59 pm Hard loss to take there. Played well enough to win easily but couldn't get over the line on the back of some of the worst refereeing I have ever seen.

A legitimate 12 point swing with the Wighton 'no try' suddenly reversing years of precedent for maintaining possession while grounding the ball and then Manly getting themselves back in the game with an intercept after being about 5-6 metres offside.

I think you have summed it up...there was a clear desire to have a "NRL" result...that is have a Sydney team win
I watched the channel nine coverage. Big mistake. Clearly wanted Manly to win

So much so, the first comment after the game was “that’s the result we expected”? ****

robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:02 pm Fair dinkum azza, that's the way the game is officiated these days.

We need to adapt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
sorry dubby...we were never going to win that GAME....it was a clear direction...
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I am furious off of that. Jack’s ‘no try’ has been given 100 times this year and their last try was off the back of the most non-penalty penalty all night.

Get ****. What a joke.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Wiki Special wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:04 pm The Manly trainer did what the Roosters trainer repeatedly did. That stopping of the game for the Boyle 'injury' was blatant cheating. Just as the Roosters cheated with that tactic 2 weeks ago.
Ricky needs to make this 100% crystal **** clear in the press conference. Call it out and put the pressure on so it does not happen again. Disgraceful tactic
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:04 pm
Azza wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:01 pm Very disappointing - the way that game was refereed and the stop start nature fell right into Manly's hands. If we play them again and actually have a decent flowing game we would beat them 100% confident, but we got drawn into their crap and still almost pulled it out of the fire.

Manly are rapidly becoming my second most disliked team after the Sharks for the spoiling style of football they play. But we need to be smart enough to overcome it.
I don't see it happening though. Both times we've played them the refs have hammered them with penalties early, but no sin bin.

Then the refs realise they need to level up the penalties so they can use spoiler tactics with far more leeway.

The secret is the bin but we're not a glamour club so it has to be blatant for that to occur.
The refs ruined that game of football IMO - it was a terrible game, but it fell right into Manly's hands.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

GAME?

is that like PAGE?
robtheraider wrote:
dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:02 pm Fair dinkum azza, that's the way the game is officiated these days.

We need to adapt.

sorry dubby...we were never going to win that GAME....it was a clear direction...

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

anyways we copped a few bad calls i reckon. I am not one for blaming the refs but why didn't they just take like a second to clear the onside off the intercept ? that was an 8 point difference.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

**** I’m mad at the reffing and BJ but can’t ignore the fact that if toots kicks that easy goal we go to golden point with those last few penalties in the last few minutes.

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Stopping play to let the guy who made the high tackle go off for an hia when we are full of momentum and on the break was astoundingly poor officiating, Manly absolutely worked the refs over all game
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Croker kicking undoes us once again. He slots over that relatively straight forward conversion and we have all the possession in last few mins. Received multiple pens and even game or Manly are forced to not give away a pen and opportunities aplenty would arise
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

pfftttt
Was always gonna happen... we simply dont beat manly. Anyone who thought we would win today needs a reality check, we have a winning record of 38% against them for gods sake....
We are still flat track bullies. In saying that though the refs really screwed us hard today, fancy Ashley Klown ruling no try on Jack Wightons obvious try.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

Danaman137 wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:06 pm **** I’m mad at the reffing and BJ but can’t ignore the fact that if toots kicks that easy goal we go to golden point with those last few penalties in the last few minutes.

Elephant in the room right there.

He’s still got the EDIT crap in his head sometimes.
Last edited by Timbo on August 25, 2019, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
robtheraider
David Grant

Post by robtheraider »

dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:06 pm GAME?

is that like PAGE?
robtheraider wrote:

We need to adapt.

my point was it wasn't a game....when the result is out of the players hands is ceases to be a game
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

Both of manlys tries come from unexcusable calls, a blatant offside Intercept and a offload that was called a strip. How can the NRL defend this? I'm lost for words.
Last edited by 89_90_94_?? on August 25, 2019, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Danaman137 wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:06 pm **** I’m mad at the reffing and BJ but can’t ignore the fact that if toots kicks that easy goal we go to golden point with those last few penalties in the last few minutes.

The refs never in a million years blow those penalties if the difference is 2
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

There were a lot of things that happened in that game that didn’t help but that loss is on our heads. We turned the ball over way too cheaply, way too many times. We weren’t patient in attack and didn’t build pressure.

We went away from everything that has been working for us and played incredibly dumb.

Our defence kept us in the game but we were terrible with the ball and the was the main difference.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Lucky wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:07 pm pfftttt
Was always gonna happen... we simply dont beat manly. Anyone who thought we would win today needs a reality check, we have a winning record of 38% against them for gods sake....
We are still flat track bullies. In saying that though the refs really screwed us hard today, fancy Ashley Klown ruling no try on Jack Wightons obvious try.
Rubbish! I am as happy to criticise the team as anyone when justified but we have won several backs to the wall games this year.

The officiating today really hurt us.
robtheraider
David Grant

Post by robtheraider »

kiwi raider wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:06 pm Stopping play to let the guy who made the high tackle go off for an hia when we are full of momentum and on the break was astoundingly poor officiating, Manly absolutely worked the refs over all game
it was almost a send off...….
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

pickles wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:09 pm There were a lot of things that happened in that game that didn’t help but that loss is on our heads. We turned the ball over way too cheaply, way too many times. We weren’t patient in attack and didn’t build pressure.

We went away from everything that has been working for us and played incredibly dumb.

Our defence kept us in the game but we were terrible with the ball and the was the main difference.
I don't disagree. In the last 10 minutes we started to show what we are capable of in attack, a lot more than Manly did - but by then it was too late. In my opinion we got sucked into Manly's niggle and it is still a glaring weakness for this team - happened against the Sharks in that big final in 2016.
Last edited by Azza on August 25, 2019, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The rough end of the pineapple...

No doubt.

Anyone who thinks the refs didn't play a part in that ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I think Leilua's presence tips our team footy IQ into the negative. Absolutely bone headed play.
Butters
Ricky Stuart

Post by Butters »

robtheraider wrote:

We're they offside for the intercept?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Raider47 wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:07 pm Croker kicking undoes us once again. He slots over that relatively straight forward conversion and we have all the possession in last few mins. Received multiple pens and even game or Manly are forced to not give away a pen and opportunities aplenty would arise
This kinda overlooks the 8 point try.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Lol okay
robtheraider wrote:
dubby wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:06 pm GAME?

is that like PAGE?
robtheraider wrote:

We need to adapt.

my point was it wasn't a game....when the result is out of the players hands is ceases to be a game

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Raider47 wrote: August 25, 2019, 6:07 pm Croker kicking undoes us once again. He slots over that relatively straight forward conversion and we have all the possession in last few mins. Received multiple pens and even game or Manly are forced to not give away a pen and opportunities aplenty would arise
There has to come a point where he either gets relieved from his duties or has the tee taken from him when the conversion is to the left of the posts. He has hit them horribly for the entire year from there.
Last edited by afgtnk on August 25, 2019, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

Well that game hasn’t dented my confidence in the team going deep into the finals.

Unfortunately the way it was referred just doesn’t suit our style of play and I can’t see it being referred that way come September.
Last edited by LastRaider on August 25, 2019, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nailed it. We just weren't good enough.

Lol. Won't lose another game this year.
pickles wrote:There were a lot of things that happened in that game that didn’t help but that loss is on our heads. We turned the ball over way too cheaply, way too many times. We weren’t patient in attack and didn’t build pressure.