5%

Total votes: 20

Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Re: 2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Cranky Old Man »

The Rickman wrote: August 20, 2019, 5:44 pm
Wiki Special wrote: August 20, 2019, 5:08 pm Best possible 17 considering Tapine is out.
Best possible 17 either way, IMO.
It is a very strong side right down to no 17, isn't it.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:'We're contenders and we're coming': Canberra Raiders sound wake-up call to NRL heavyweights

"We're contenders and we're coming." That's the message from Canberra after the Raiders beat a top-four NRL side for the first time this season, toppling competition leaders Melbourne last week.

"To win that game last week, hopefully we proved to everyone we're real contenders and we're coming," Dunamis Lui said.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/we-re-cont ... cd4493020a
Pipe down Dunamis

We've seen this story before, and it usually goes up in smoke cause of comments like this.

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Hopefully Rapana is fit
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Wiki Special wrote: August 20, 2019, 5:08 pm Best possible 17 considering Tapine is out.
Geez you've gone off Joey T haven't ya. Moment or madness the other night but has been playing reasonably well.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hazza wrote:
Geez you've gone off Joey T haven't ya. Moment or madness the other night but has been playing reasonably well.
A moment of madness that could cost us a grand final or even a grand final berth

Simply inexcusable behaviour in a scrum when WE had the feed!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yep, good team. Excited for this game
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Hear from Canberra Raiders Ryan Sutton and Dunamis Lui on Sunday's top four clash with the Manly Sea Eagles at Canberra Stadium on Sunday! WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/ty6H50vCUX2

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Tapine will be in our top 17 when fit but I can see why some would be getting frustrated with his lack of discipline.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Wiki Special wrote:
Tapine will be in our top 17 when fit but I can see why some would be getting frustrated with his lack of discipline.
I just think he needs a spell in Mounties to wake up to himself a bit.

Nobody is above the team in 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Harsh.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiki Special »

The Rickman wrote: August 20, 2019, 7:30 pm
Wiki Special wrote:

Hopefully Ricky sorts him out before it costs us a game. Form wise I think he has been great in the middle this year. But Hudson Young has performed admirably in his rookie season. After his game against Souths earlier this year I keep trying to find a way to have him in our 17. It is never instead of Tapine though when full strength.
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

-TW- wrote: August 20, 2019, 6:13 pm
greeneyed wrote:'We're contenders and we're coming': Canberra Raiders sound wake-up call to NRL heavyweights

"We're contenders and we're coming." That's the message from Canberra after the Raiders beat a top-four NRL side for the first time this season, toppling competition leaders Melbourne last week.

"To win that game last week, hopefully we proved to everyone we're real contenders and we're coming," Dunamis Lui said.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/we-re-cont ... cd4493020a
Pipe down Dunamis

We've seen this story before, and it usually goes up in smoke cause of comments like this.

We haven't had the 'make Canberra stadium a fortress again' story for a while...
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Yeah, I have to agree. Jack's binning was at the very least understandable - it wasn't really his fault, and he didn't mean to do it. But Tapine's was inexcusable, especially in the match as it was.

Now imagine it's the 70th minute in the GF and we're leading by four and Tarps does that, Holy shoot.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

Don’t get me wrong, I think at his best the guy belongs in our top 17, but nobody is above the team and he deserves a few weeks in Mounties for such stupid, stupid play

Hudson Young has had to suck it up and do his time, and I’m proud of him for it, why shouldn’t Tarps have to as well?

Anyway, it’s a moo point seeing as he’s injured, isn’t it?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Tapine is miles better than Young.

Right now, and most likely as a ceiling.

Young isn't Mother Teresa- he's struggled to stay on the park for discipline and suspensions himself and is also a noted penalty magnet. But he's red lining his game for far less impact than Tarps has. I'm not sure this argument makes sense.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

i dont know if i'd straight out drop Tapine. But i would absolutely use that team sheet stuff the NRL insists on to send a message

When he returns, he'd be 21 on my team sheet if i were the coach, and we'll see during the week how he's responding and how i felt about him when i had to cut the team down. I would very strongly consider sending him for a week to mounties though
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiki Special »

BadnMean wrote: August 20, 2019, 8:21 pm Tapine is miles better than Young.

Young isn't Mother Teresa- he's struggled to stay on the park for discipline and suspensions himself and is also a noted penalty magnet. But he's red lining his game for far less impact than Tarps has. I'm not sure this argument makes sense.
I'm not saying Tapine isn't better but I feel you are vastly underating Hudson Young. Defensively, in particular, he is already above average when discussing NRL forwards.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Wiki Special wrote:

Agree Rickman. For an International footballer that was a 'local pub player' reaction which let his team mates down. BJ in his first game back had himself under control. HorsPower has learned his lesson as well. Neither are Internationals like Tapine and the look on Sticky's face in the Presser when discussing it, said it all for me. It left us a man down and they scored while he was in the bin. It simply cannot happen again if we are to be serious contenders. We cannot afford for any one of our players to do a 'Cameron Munster' from the 2018 Grand Final.

Like Munster, it would cost the side the game.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote: August 19, 2019, 7:33 pm Jack Wighton and Aidan Sezer say attitude adjustment boosts Canberra Raiders' NRL tilt

Discipline? It's a lack thereof which has kept the Canberra Raiders on the sidelines while their rivals fight for the premiership. Composure? That's another thing five-eighth Jack Wighton says "we've never ever really had".

"We've turned it around and we're having that composure that we've never ever really had. A lot of credit to 'Chicken' [Sezer] and his talk," Wighton said. "That [Melbourne win] was a good one because we've lost so many of them so many times.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Nice to see Wighton give his halves partner some kudos for the way we are playing.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I’m sure Ricky will handle the situation with Tapine. I think he does have the capacity to try a bit too hard at times and I wonder if the fact that he was carrying an injury contributed to him losing it. Rib injuries are awful and having had a few I have no idea how you play in the NRL with one. Clearly the needle didn’t do much either.

He’s in our best 17 and we need him firing if we are going to push for a title. From my perspective we need to. When you have this good a chance you need to win it. Who knows what happens next year.

The way we back up that win against the storm is incredibly important. Manly are always tough and this game is critical for top 4 aspirations. We know what we need to do, we just need to get out there and do it in front of a big home crowd. The home fans deserve a big win!
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

PigRickman wrote: August 20, 2019, 8:27 pm i dont know if i'd straight out drop Tapine. But i would absolutely use that team sheet stuff the NRL insists on to send a message

When he returns, he'd be 21 on my team sheet if i were the coach, and we'll see during the week how he's responding and how i felt about him when i had to cut the team down. I would very strongly consider sending him for a week to mounties though
That was my initial thought. Mounties next week. The injury and what round we're in means he'll need to come back in immediately.
If Sutton performs well Taps might find himself on the bench. Our squad has certainly come a long way to be able to say that.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

Wiki Special wrote:

Yeah fair enough.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

Wiki Special wrote: August 20, 2019, 9:03 pm
BadnMean wrote: August 20, 2019, 8:21 pm Tapine is miles better than Young.

I'm not saying Tapine isn't better but I feel you are vastly underating Hudson Young. Defensively, in particular, he is already above average when discussing NRL forwards.
Got some ball skills don't worry. Haven't seen much of that in 1st grade yet but it's there.
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

Benji and James called Josh.P the best front rower in the game this year on nrl 360, not bad considering it's he's first year in the number 8. Most us already know this but it's good to see the big unit getting the recongnition.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Similar to the Storm, there is a reasonable drop off between their starting forwards to their bench forwards. If we can control their starting front row, I am confident that Horsburgh, Lui and Young can do a job off the bench over theirs. Fonua-Blake does long minutes in his first stint - it might be worth matching his minutes with Papalii’s, while swapping Soliola and Sutton for Horsburgh and Lui.

If we can control their running metres and offloads, Cherry Evans doesn’t really have the long kicking game to get them out of trouble. Defensively, a couple of weeks ago the Warriors were rushing up on their outside which put a lot of pressure on Jake Trbojevic and Cherry Evans. Jake is an amazing player but like all forwards his link play can be put under pressure with a rushing defence when he is trying to find his halves.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The Rickman wrote: August 20, 2019, 6:43 pm
Hazza wrote:
A moment of madness that could cost us a grand final or even a grand final berth

Simply inexcusable behaviour in a scrum when WE had the feed!
Agree it was inexcusable and if he were not injured, he should be dropped.
Notwithstanding, there is no way Joey T is not part of our best 17.
Every time he seems to be working his way into form, he either gets injured or suspended.
His footwork at the front line is immense and we need that variation in finals football.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

89_90_94_?? wrote: August 21, 2019, 7:49 am Benji and James called Josh.P the best front rower in the game this year on nrl 360, not bad considering it's he's first year in the number 8. Most us already know this but it's good to see the big unit getting the recongnition.
Deservedly so too.
There has not been a consistently better prop in 2019 than Josh so far IMO.
The two boppa's were up against this weekend go alright too...
Not to mention Jake T who is a gun.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I'd like to see both John Bateman's and Tom Trbojevic's win percentages of the season

Raiders lost 2 or 3 of their games while Bateman was injured and I'm pretty sure Tom's only lost
1 game this season including Origin
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

John Bateman is 12 of 15 this year, and 80 per cent win rate.

Tom Trbojevic is 9 or 10, a 90 per cent win rate.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

greeneyed wrote: August 21, 2019, 11:26 am John Bateman is 12 of 15 this year, and 80 per cent win rate.

Tom Trbojevic is 9 or 10, a 90 per cent win rate.
I thought Bateman has had 4 losses:

* Melbourne at home,
* Manly away,
* Eels away,
* Roosters at home.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You're right... I was looking at his record in the second row: http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/match ... 0tLS0tLS0=

This is the list: http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/match ... 0tLS0tLS0=
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

NRL com in its match preview stated that we had a strong record at home and gave us a 2 point win. I actually have less confidence in our home record than our away performances at the moment

I really hope we come good on the weekend.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

We've only had one bad loss at home to the cowboys where we didn't turn up

The others we've been in the fight.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

no I don't think we've had any bad losses at home other than the cowboys but I think we've been more outstanding away from home
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Im a jaded Raiders fan ofcourse, which is why I worry about these games where confidence starts creeping up. Seems this year a bit of adversity and courage under fire is what rallies the team.
A big home crowd, high confidence, talk of winning the premiership - cool it I say. Consider this game an ambush and maybe Ill be more comfortable.