5%

Total votes: 20

Azza
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 23 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews

Post by Azza »

PigRickman wrote: August 18, 2019, 10:03 pm
simo wrote: August 18, 2019, 9:58 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 18, 2019, 9:12 pm Manly's second phase play does concern me greatly. That'll be what does us if we lose imo.
Id imagine hodgson will have his eyes on pinching a fair few of these.
Yeah its a really good counter point. The roosters second phase worried me and the threat of our steals held it in check, and even then we got one when it mattered.

We've got them all over the park save for 1 and 7. Which kind of happen to be super important positions.
Will we win muppet?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Old School Green wrote: August 18, 2019, 10:20 pm I think we need to carry a back on the bench as insurance for finals games. At Manly earlier this year we basically went to sh1t when raps got injured and went off. Mid season game...not a huge concern if you can’t shake it off and you drop a game. In finals...different story.
Given all our middles have been increasing their minutes steadily, and Stuart knows he can do it with a 3 forward rotation, I think he’ll cover the back base and have Bailey on bench.
The biggest worry is a mid game injury to either hodgo or Sezer. If one of your 3 benchies isn’t Havili, we would struggle big time.
It’s a high stakes gamble to not have cover with Havili in finals. He who dares may very well win but if it goes awry hindsight will be a female dog!!
If we do go Simonsson on the bench over Havili long term- then plan B is probably "put Bateman there" for any injury. He's mobile and can tackle so targeting him in D is unlikely to give the opposition much joy. Getting him involved in the game more is, on balance, good. He can kick. He has a passing game. He has vision. He backs himself. What we'd lack in fluency we'd get some back in running game, pure aggression and unpredictability- he'll find a way to pose problems for sure and has the nerve and skill to achieve his ambitions.

We'd need Tapine to cover his edge. Sutton for one is more than capable of soaking up any extra minutes in the middle in such a scenario. He'd prefer it actually.
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

Billy Walker wrote: August 18, 2019, 2:54 pm
89_90_94_?? wrote: August 18, 2019, 7:26 am On form Simonsson gets the wing spot over Cotric. Not sure what has happened to Nick this year, he has not come on like we all expected him to. I still think he was lucky to get a start with NSW in game one. For some one with such a big frame, he does not seem to bend the line at all. I don't think he will lose he's position in the side, and hopefully he gets it together soon.
I tend to agree with this, but can’t see it happening. It would be a different story if Simmonsen was playing out of his skin at every chance. I suspect Cotric will get the nod this week but if he has a poor game against Manly I think pressure will be building. Raps looks busted on the other wing but is giving all his got. Cotric looks big and fresh and just isn’t impacting at the moment. Would love him to find form and put on a show this week!!
It's not that Nick is playing bad football, I just expected him to improve from he's excellent first 2 years. Maybe he's ankle isn't is 100% yet. In no way do i want him playing reserve grade. Hopefully I'm eating my owe words for the rest of the season.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dropping Cotric 3 weeks out from finals is the hottest of takes, even for GH standards

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

:lol: yeah it's a good'un.

anyway I'm not worried because pig Rickman says we won't lose another game
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

-TW- wrote:Dropping Cotric 3 weeks out from finals is the hottest of takes, even for GH standards

We can’t drop Cotric, he’s coming back from a 3 week layoff and on top of that he hasn’t played on the wing for a long time now. He needs to be playing to get that confidence back.

Tbh I can see Ricky even entertaining the idea of dropping him.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

-TW- wrote: August 18, 2019, 10:57 pm Dropping Cotric 3 weeks out from finals is the hottest of takes, even for GH standards

Like I mentioned twice, I don't think he will and I don't want him to get dropped, he just has not impressed me as much as i expected him to this year. He did set the bar very high with that gun rookie season. Hopefully he finds some form, as it has been missing all year IMO.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

89_90_94_?? wrote: August 18, 2019, 11:34 pm
-TW- wrote: August 18, 2019, 10:57 pm Dropping Cotric 3 weeks out from finals is the hottest of takes, even for GH standards

Like I mentioned twice, I don't think he will and I don't want him to get dropped, he just has not impressed me as much as i expected him to this year. He did set the bar very high with that gun rookie season. Hopefully he finds some form, as it has been missing all year IMO.
I agree he hasn't quite hit his top form continually. He's had a lot of disruption with injury, origin and suspension, positions chopping.

He did have some signs mid year his best was still there- some great runs and good games. Just no chance to get going since origin. He'll come good.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Azza wrote: August 18, 2019, 10:32 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 18, 2019, 9:12 pm Manly's second phase play does concern me greatly. That'll be what does us if we lose imo.
Yeah its a really good counter point. The roosters second phase worried me and the threat of our steals held it in check, and even then we got one when it mattered.

We've got them all over the park save for 1 and 7. Which kind of happen to be super important positions.
Will we win muppet?
Of course, we lost our last game of the season last week against the roosters :cool:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

PigRickman wrote: August 19, 2019, 8:17 am
Azza wrote: August 18, 2019, 10:32 pm

Will we win muppet?
Of course, we lost our last game of the season last week against the roosters :cool:
That was the week before! :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha yeah, but look who's proposing it though... I mean come on now
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote: August 18, 2019, 11:27 pm :lol: yeah it's a good'un.

We won't... pal
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:
Azza wrote: August 18, 2019, 11:27 pm Image yeah it's a good'un.

We won't... pal
Let's make a bet.

If we lose a game this year, you have to change your username for the duration of the off season (to be chosen by azza and myself, pending admin approval).

Likewise, if we go through undefeated you get to choose my username for the off season (pending admin approval)

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I hope Turnip Head is right and we don't lose another game.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: August 19, 2019, 10:31 am
The Rickman wrote:
Azza wrote: August 18, 2019, 11:27 pm Image yeah it's a good'un.

We won't... pal
Let's make a bet.

If we lose a game this year, you have to change your username for the duration of the off season (to be chosen by azza and myself, pending admin approval).

Likewise, if we go through undefeated you get to choose my username for the off season (pending admin approval)

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sorry mate, but apparently Admins don't do name-changes anymore... they're all too busy.
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

Will Bailey be able to play this week given Cameron Smith nearly ripped one of his ears clean off?
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Drandyt wrote:Will Bailey be able to play this week given Cameron Smith nearly ripped one of his ears clean off?
Smith is simply a Vincent Van Gogh fan who promotes the arts.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

1 cnk
2 cotric
3 croker
4 bj
5 rapa
6 wighton
7 sezer
8 papa
9 bae
10 sia
11 baeman
12 whitehead
13 sutton
14 simonson
15 lui
16 horsbra
17 young
Dont delete this GE
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

When is Team Day Tuesday this week?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar wrote:When is Team Day Tuesday this week?
It’s not a Team Day Tuesday, it is Teamlist Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: August 19, 2019, 4:27 pm

Righto then Captain Pedantic, what DAY is it??
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders and Huawei team up for world record attempt

Huawei Australia is proud to announce that we are partnering with our long-time friends at the Canberra Raiders and Deaf Australia – the deaf-led peak organisation representing deaf people in Australia – to attempt to break a World Record at the Raiders vs Manly Sea Eagles National Rugby League (NRL) game this coming Sunday in Canberra.

Prior to the special Charity Round game the Raiders match day staff will help to facilitate expected 20,000 strong crowd to do a coordinated signing of “We are Huawei Raiders” using Auslan sign-language – thereby breaking the existing World Record of 8,054 for the largest ever public usage of sign-language.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... d-attempt/

Raiders lock Joe Tapine will pay a $1150 fine after taking an early plea for a contrary conduct charge and is free to face Manly in Round 23: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/16/rou ... with-fine/
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

The Rickman wrote:
greeneyed wrote: August 19, 2019, 4:27 pm

Righto then Captain Pedantic, what DAY is it??
I imagine that one is on Tuesday.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Rest Cotric drop Tarps for this one, Tarps will be niggled by Manly and will be a liability, Simonsson is in better form than Nick IMO
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Kryptonite wrote:Rest Cotric drop Tarps for this one, Tarps will be niggled by Manly and will be a liability, Simonsson is in better form than Nick IMO
Cotric just missed 3 games, why rest him?
Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

bonehead wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:Rest Cotric drop Tarps for this one, Tarps will be niggled by Manly and will be a liability, Simonsson is in better form than Nick IMO
Cause it's this week's thing

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Rest Cotric :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jack Wighton and Aidan Sezer say attitude adjustment boosts Canberra Raiders' NRL tilt

Discipline? It's a lack thereof which has kept the Canberra Raiders on the sidelines while their rivals fight for the premiership. Composure? That's another thing five-eighth Jack Wighton says "we've never ever really had".

"We've turned it around and we're having that composure that we've never ever really had. A lot of credit to 'Chicken' [Sezer] and his talk," Wighton said. "That [Melbourne win] was a good one because we've lost so many of them so many times.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders surge towards their highest NRL crowds in 24 years

The Green Machine is speeding along the road to the finals and Aidan Sezer has called on fans to jump on board as the Canberra Raiders surge towards their best crowd figures in 24 years.

"I do believe, definitely, we have the best fan base in the competition. When we're winning games, they come out and support us tenfold. Hopefully we get a 20,000-plus crowd out there this week and put in a good performance against Manly."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

-TW- wrote: August 19, 2019, 7:21 pm
bonehead wrote:
Cause it's this week's thing

It's not this weeks thing, cotric has not found any form this year and we are 22 weeks in. You can blame it on injury and suspension, it does not change the fact that simonsson has looked better than him since coming into grade in 2019. Again I don't want cotric dropped, as i know he will turn it around soon. Please don't base your argument on what you believe to be the 'weekly GH thing'.... It makes you look simple.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

You calling for Cotric to be dropped is "simple"

89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

-TW- wrote: August 19, 2019, 8:14 pm You calling for Cotric to be dropped is "simple"

The argument I have made is that in 2019, Simonsson is the better winger, and as you have not said other wise I will take it you agree. I have said more than once I don't want Nick dropped, let's hope he bags a double on the weekend and kicks on.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

89_90_94_?? wrote:
-TW- wrote: August 19, 2019, 8:14 pm You calling for Cotric to be dropped is "simple"

The argument I have made is that in 2019, Simonsson is the better winger, and as you have not said other wise I will take it you agree. I have said more than once I don't want Nick dropped, let's hope he bags a double on the weekend and kicks on.
Cotric left Simonssen right

I'm happy with Cotric

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Plenty of good reasons to disagree, but it’s hardly a ridiculous notion that people need to be belittled for.
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

If you want to line up player vs player stats to prove who is having a better 2019 then I rest my case. I could find certain average middle forwards who have better stats that Josh.P this year, but i cbf, and it does not change the fact he's the best prop in the game right now. Good luck this week Nick and come on the raiders!!