2020 Canberra Raiders memberships

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: 2020 Canberra Raiders memberships

Post by -TW- »

Penrith and Newcastle have gone with O'Neill's which are considerably cheaper retail.

The Brumbies were selling jerseys for $99 last season

Wouldn't be surprised to see more sign with them

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders memberships stand at 9906: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders memberships break 10,000 barrier for 2020 season

Canberra Raiders memberships for 2020 have broken through the 10,000 mark, now standing at 10,493. That number is well up on the 6,749 members that had signed up at this time in 2018 - most likely due to the enthusiasm generated by the Green Machine's appearance in the 2019 Grand Final.

The Raiders have surpassed the 20,000 mark in the past two seasons and it appears the club is well on track to exceeding that mark again.

There are relatively few clubs which have released membership numbers, but at this stage, the Raiders are trailing five other clubs.

2020 membership race

Rabbitohs 25,094
Eels 19,370
Storm 15,020
Knights 12,164
Roosters 11,781
Raiders 10,493
Warriors 9,750
Sea Eagles 8,941
Cowboys 7,354

Become a Raiders member: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/

Raiders membership packages: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/packages/

Help the Raiders hit 11,000 members by end November: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... 0-members/

2020 Raiders membership benefits: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... confirmed/

The Canberra Raiders are reminding existing and new members that you have until December 3 to purchase your 2020 membership to guarantee Christmas Delivery: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... -delivery/

Data sources: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34223- ... p-tracker/ and club websites.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Membership pack arrived this week and the cap is Blue. Yes it has the green logo on the front, but in a crowd it is more Knights than Raiders. Needs more Green. The last 2 years have been good, I still really like 'We are Raiders' of 2018. Disappointing Don, Disappointing.
'Don't want no red, Don't want no BLUE, Don't want no White, or Orange too, There's just one colour, that will do, The fighting GREEN of the Green Machine'
BJ
Steve Walters

2020 Canberra Raiders memberships

Post by BJ »

Too right RedRaider. Even a big green stripe or 2 green harlequin panels would make it more Raiders like than the 2020 members cap.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I have to say I was asked by someone at the club, back in the middle this year... what colour would you like for the membership cap. I said, if I were you, I’d choose lime green EVERY year. The aim with the members cap should be to create a big splash of lime green in the crowd.

I also said... if I’m buying merchandise as something to wear on the street, I’m choosing predominantly navy blue. Blue is one of the club colours remember.

But I also said... you’re not selling the members pack as merchandise. The focus should be on the appearance of the crowd on match day.

Lesson for next year... and every year.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I suppose the question is what is the main purpose of the membership pack?
And only the marketing guys at the club can truly answer that in my opinion.

Is it as a sweetener for more people to sign up?- if so the cap colour doesn't really matter

Is it to create atmosphere and a visual impact at the game? If so it needed to be green.

Is it to "sell the brand" and bring more fans in? Then blue is possibly the way to go as more people will wear it away from the game- thus a walking talking billboard

All 3 are reasons for the pack but which one is the top reason?
Vaccinated
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I absolutely agree that a green cap makes sense for wearing at the game. It really makes an impact. However I'd definitely prefer to wear a blue cap in most other circumstances. Dunno why, just goes with more things.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm paying for the ticket, I couldn't give a **** about the crap that the send.

It mostly ends up in the bin, unless it has a pen or something useful

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You seriously don’t put a cap in the bin, surely.

I’ve got a collection of members caps going WAY back.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Why wouldn't people wear a green cap, or prefer to wear a blue one? Our team uses a unique colour and I for one love it. I really like all my raiders caps but especially the 2019 'all-green'.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: November 27, 2019, 9:26 pm I have to say I was asked by someone at the club, back in the middle this year... what colour would you like for the membership cap. I said, if I were you, I’d choose lime green EVERY year. The aim with the members cap should be to create a big splash of lime green in the crowd.

I also said... if I’m buying merchandise as something to wear on the street, I’m choosing predominantly navy blue. Blue is one of the club colours remember.

But I also said... you’re not selling the members pack as merchandise. The focus should be on the appearance of the crowd on match day.

Lesson for next year... and every year.
I have never once seen you in green in my life, it really strikes me as odd. In fact, when I look for you now, I'm always looking out for the guy in the blue shirt.

Do you just hate green?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Greeneyed?

More like Blackhearted.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

He really should change his name from greeneyed to blueshirt.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I always wear the green cap... except it is now navy blue for this year.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Maybe you should change your name to bluegreen then!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

i won't be a member this season. $75- for the away member doesn't look much value and damn straight I'm not spending $50- on a blue hat and a sticker for a non ticketed member

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You get a scarf too.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:You seriously don’t put a cap in the bin, surely.

I’ve got a collection of members caps going WAY back.
Nah, salvos bag when I do a clothes cull usually

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:You get a scarf too.
why in the world do I want yet another scarf????

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote: November 28, 2019, 5:21 pm
greeneyed wrote:You get a scarf too.
why in the world do I want yet another scarf????

It's a new, 2020 Canberra Raiders members scarf. With 2020 on it and all!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Remember Alf?

He’s back! In scarf form.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Ha! No problem!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Got my kit today. I actually like the navy cap. Decent quality, good fit and the colour is a nice change up from the thousand green caps I already have.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

My pack is sitting at the post office. I have to be arsed to go get it at some point.

I think I might wear the lime 2019 hat to games, and use the blue one as an everyday hat - for the occasions that I actually wear a hat.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm not a fan of the navy hat. It's going to look awful on game day. 2019 cap it is.

The scarf is also very navy, though at least quite green on one side. The bumper sticker is also navy. Can we give feedback? What's with all the navy? We're the bright green Raiders! That's our colour! I wear it with pride!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

I got my pack the other day, but received a loyalty patch for 3-5 years membership instead of the one for 1-+ years. I've been a member since 2007.

I still have most of the membership cards for those years. So, the membership officer asked if I could send her a photo of them. I'm still waiting to hear back.

In the meantime though, I realised I had almost all of the membership caps at the back of the closet. (2013 suffered an ugly accident and had to be thrown out. Stuffed if I know what happened to the cap for 2016). So, I've taken a photo of them and let me say, we have had some shockers.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders memberships for 2020 season breaking records

Canberra Raiders memberships for 2020 have broken through the 11,000 mark, now standing at 11,316. That has broken the record 10,358 members that had signed up in early December 2016 - for the 2017 season. It is also well ahead of the 7,488 members that had signed up at this time last year - and exceeds the 9,163 that had signed up in early December 2017. The club's charge to the 2019 Grand Final is doubtless one factor in the membership surge.

The Raiders have surpassed the 20,000 mark in the past two seasons and it appears the club is well on track to exceeding that mark again.

There are relatively few clubs which have released membership numbers, but at this stage, the Raiders are trailing five other clubs.

2020 membership race

Rabbitohs 25,368
Eels 20,021
Storm 15,020
Roosters 12,429
Knights 12,296
Raiders 11,316
Warriors 9,750
Sea Eagles 9,184
Cowboys 8,274

Become a Raiders member: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/

Raiders membership packages: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/packages/

2020 Raiders membership benefits: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... confirmed/

Data sources: TheGH.com.au and club websites
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

yurithe1 wrote:I got my pack the other day, but received a loyalty patch for 3-5 years membership instead of the one for 1-+ years. I've been a member since 2007.

I still have most of the membership cards for those years. So, the membership officer asked if I could send her a photo of them. I'm still waiting to hear back.

In the meantime though, I realised I had almost all of the membership caps at the back of the closet. (2013 suffered an ugly accident and had to be thrown out. Stuffed if I know what happened to the cap for 2016). So, I've taken a photo of them and let me say, we have had some shockers.
That happened to me when they changed systems a few years back. Had been a member for over 5 years at that stage and got a patch for 1-3.

Sent them an email and they fixed and resent it.

The one for 10+ looks good, have to find something to put it on now

yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

-TW- wrote: December 2, 2019, 12:44 pm
yurithe1 wrote:I got my pack the other day, but received a loyalty patch for 3-5 years membership instead of the one for 1-+ years. I've been a member since 2007.

That happened to me when they changed systems a few years back. Had been a member for over 5 years at that stage and got a patch for 1-3.

Sent them an email and they fixed and resent it.

The one for 10+ looks good, have to find something to put it on now

Personally, I wish they hadn't changed membership numbering systems; was quite proud of being member 4500.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I had a really low membership number, but that somehow got lost along the way. Like I used to be member 400 or something like that.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Having been a fan since 82 (or was it 83) but a member for only a few years, I don't really need a sew-on patch - especially for 3 years' membership. This is not cubs in the 1970s... nor do I own any Golden Breed product. That said, I don't wear caps anyway, except to keep my dreads hat in place. However, regardless, I reckon this years's scarf with the white on it is pretty cool - I'll wear that.
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Lui_Bon wrote: December 2, 2019, 9:53 pm Having been a fan since 82 (or was it 83) but a member for only a few years, I don't really need a sew-on patch - especially for 3 years' membership. This is not cubs in the 1970s... nor do I own any Golden Breed product. That said, I don't wear caps anyway, except to keep my dreads hat in place. However, regardless, I reckon this years's scarf with the white on it is pretty cool - I'll wear that.
I just wish the Raiders would put out an all-weather jacket like the one I still wear that has a Fone Zone sponsorship on it. That thing is fantastic and I'm thinking of putting the patch on that. Guaranteed that if I do, that's when something as good as that, if not better, is announced.

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

yurithe1 wrote: December 3, 2019, 8:30 am
Lui_Bon wrote: December 2, 2019, 9:53 pm Having been a fan since 82 (or was it 83) but a member for only a few years, I don't really need a sew-on patch - especially for 3 years' membership. This is not cubs in the 1970s... nor do I own any Golden Breed product. That said, I don't wear caps anyway, except to keep my dreads hat in place. However, regardless, I reckon this years's scarf with the white on it is pretty cool - I'll wear that.
I just wish the Raiders would put out an all-weather jacket like the one I still wear that has a Fone Zone sponsorship on it. That thing is fantastic and I'm thinking of putting the patch on that. Guaranteed that if I do, that's when something as good as that, if not better, is announced.
Not sure they can afford a parka with every membership sadly!
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Lui_Bon wrote: December 3, 2019, 11:17 pm
yurithe1 wrote: December 3, 2019, 8:30 am
Not sure they can afford a parka with every membership sadly!
Sorry, I meant ISC, which makes Raiders apparel. That said, I was in Jerseys Megastore the other day and saw one that might be my next jacket. Didn't have my membership card on me otherwise I would have gotten them to take it down off the wall so I could try it on.

Good news for me is that I received the 10+ year loyalty patch in the mail. Good work by the membership officer who looked after me, Sam.