25%
Storm 13+
19%

Total votes: 16

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Game Day

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:Well all I saw was Fergus condemning Smith (and rightfully so) for his actions against Simonnson and you blokes all piling on because you can't comprehend how a Queensland fan would bag their own... like you blokes are all completely incapable of doing with the likes of Greg Bird and Paul Gallen.

Stay tall Ferg, keep fighting the good fight in the face of overwhelming hypocrisy!
OK now I know that you are taking the piss
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Just on the topic of grubs and ruck manipulators... we've got John Bateman who is easily one of the grubbiest blokes in the league (and i love him so much more for it. Typical annoying soap dodging ****! Long may he reign) and Hodgson is as adept at slowing he play the ball down as any in the league.

The storm lead the innovation on this, no question about that, but every other team happily follows their lead.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I had been focussing on those still shots of Smith and his 'ear gouge' on Simo and wondering how he didn't get some sort of contrary conduct charge. I just watched the video footage and realised he wasn't grabbing his ear at all. He had hold of Simo's jersey. You can see it pull away as he lets go. Might have given the ear a rub in the process but it wasn't as bad as I first thought.

P.S. Smith is still a grub.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: August 20, 2019, 12:45 pm Well all I saw was Fergus condemning Smith (and rightfully so) for his actions against Simonnson and you blokes all piling on because you can't comprehend how a Queensland fan would bag their own... like you blokes are all completely incapable of doing with the likes of Greg Bird and Paul Gallen.

Stay tall Ferg, keep fighting the good fight in the face of overwhelming hypocrisy!
I often feel persecuted and bullied just because I’m a Queenslander. I can’t mention Paul Gallen... and what a low life he is - without getting jumped on by NSW fans. Now the same people jump on me because I say Cameron Smith’s on field behaviour is poor... because I haven’t said it for long enough or about certain other Queensland players. I’m not going to take it lying down I’m standing up for myself and I’m calling it out for what it is. Queensland bashing.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: August 20, 2019, 2:12 pm
The Rickman wrote: August 20, 2019, 12:45 pm Well all I saw was Fergus condemning Smith (and rightfully so) for his actions against Simonnson and you blokes all piling on because you can't comprehend how a Queensland fan would bag their own... like you blokes are all completely incapable of doing with the likes of Greg Bird and Paul Gallen.

I often feel persecuted and bullied just because I’m a Queenslander. I can’t mention Paul Gallen... and what a low life he is - without getting jumped on by NSW fans. Now the same people jump on me because I say Cameron Smith’s on field behaviour is poor... because I haven’t said it for long enough or about certain other Queensland players. I’m not going to take it lying down I’m standing up for myself and I’m calling it out for what it is. Queensland bashing.
That's all it is, Ferg. It's classic bullying by the usual suspects and you shouldn't have to deal with it.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Typical Queenslander victim mentality
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘Imagine if he’d been sin binned’: Canberra Raiders boss Don Furner unloads on Cameron Smith

Canberra boss Don Furner has taken aim at Storm captain Cameron Smith’s latest dark arts tactics after the Melbourne hooker was caught manipulating the ears of Raiders young gun Bailey Simonsson.

“I think the way he carried on with the referee afterwards was worse than twisting his ear,” Furner said. “He only got penalised for god’s sake, it was us who had two players sin binned. We didn’t carry on about it to the referee, we just got on with it. Imagine how he would have reacted if he got sin binned.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9d89ae63e5

'Rubbish on the face': Why does the game's greatest player need to do this? https://10daily.com.au/news/sport/a1908 ... s-20190820

Cameron Smith cops NRL concerning act notice, Ricky Stuart speaks out on foul play: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cameron-sm ... 6f8ef198e2
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You'll have to excuse us.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Leave GE alone!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I am interested in the Raiders running third in the 2019 Competition with 3 rounds to play.

At this point in time I don't care who the biggest grub over the past 10 years is. Neither are Raiders players and neither still play Origin football. So many exciting things about the 2019 Raiders are far more important. Bring the biggest grub arguments back in November.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Clive Churchill Medalist John Bateman will have a strong claim on that by then, RR
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Cam Smith = Great player, massive grub
Paul Gallen = Great player, massive grub.

Case closed
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I would pump the breaks on Paul Gallen as a great player IMO.
I cant get around calling someone great when their presence in the state side was so often a detriment.

Really good player, not great imo.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote:I would pump the breaks on Paul Gallen as a great player IMO.
I cant get around calling someone great when their presence in the state side was so often a detriment.

Really good player, not great imo.
Hahaha I was just about to say the same thing. In twenty years time Paul Gallen isn’t going to be mentioned in the same breath as the true greats of the game, whereas Cameron Smith will absolutely be right in the thick of every discussion
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

OK, overlooking him regularly burning a play with a 4th tackle hit up he's still pretty good.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pretty good is a long way away from great
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

PigRickman wrote: August 20, 2019, 7:45 pm The Clive Churchill Medalist John Bateman will have a strong claim on that by then, RR
Nah, he's not been done for taking performance enhancing drugs or ripping the stitches from an opposing player, he hasn't chicken winged anyone or a been a regular on the crusher tackle circuit. Even from my day he hasn't produced a Xmas hold or stood on anyone's hand as they got up to play the ball. He's as pure white as his sun tan in comparison to the main contenders.

I hope he is in contention for the Clive Churchill Medal. It will mean we have maintained our form all the way to the long weekend in October.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 20, 2019, 8:34 pm OK, overlooking him regularly burning a play with a 4th tackle hit up he's still pretty good.
It's not even that, he is, obstensible a middle pig and he demanded more football across the sets than some halves.
And Lolo leaves him for a dead as a player and not even he demands the share of possession Gallen did. History will remember him more fondly due to his resume than his actual play on the field warrants imo.

I think that's spot on with the last few words, he's pretty good. He's not in the same class as guys like Webcke, Civo, Scott etc IMO.
I guess for lack of a better way to explain it. I guess if i put this into Raiders terms, on a general scale of things, he's in the David Furner class of player, and not in the Clyde class.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'd put Gallen in the same class as Webcke and Howe.

Edit. And just on Bateman. I think he is more a pest than a grub.
Last edited by gerg on August 20, 2019, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote: History will remember him more fondly due to his resume than his actual play on the field warrants imo.
A lot of L’s on that resume. Especially in SOO.

And one premiership which would have an asterisk next to it for a lot of people given the salary cap revelations conveniently accounted into surrounding years, and measley peptide punishments.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Gal's best attribute is ability to get under GEs skin.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He's a great.....

.... Of supercoach stats

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:Gal's best attribute is ability to get under GEs skin.
I have to admit, that made me laugh then
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: August 20, 2019, 8:52 pm I'd put Gallen in the same class as Webcke and Howe.

Howe? sure

Howe wasnt anything super special. Again, a really good footballer. Gallen is better than Howe... Gallen isnt fit to sniff Webcke's jock strap. And that's just a fact of life.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:
gergreg wrote: August 20, 2019, 8:52 pm I'd put Gallen in the same class as Webcke and Howe.

Howe? sure

Howe wasnt anything super special. Again, a really good footballer. Gallen is better than Howe... Gallen isnt fit to sniff Webcke's jock strap. And that's just a fact of life.
I was linking them more on the basis of all 3 using PEDs. Agree with your assessment on their ability.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Ahhh ****

Fair go itall

That's on me, Greg. ****.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Massive EDIT from the pig. :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 20, 2019, 9:21 pm Massive EDIT from the pig. :lol:
HUGE. You hate to see it :(
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ooooof, that’s a stinker too!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

PigRickman wrote:

Howe? sure

What Howe and Gallen had in common is that they were both better on roids.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Oh no pickles. I believe you have echoed good sir.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

PigRickman wrote:Just on the topic of grubs and ruck manipulators... we've got John Bateman who is easily one of the grubbiest blokes in the league (and i love him so much more for it. Typical annoying soap dodging ****! Long may he reign) and Hodgson is as adept at slowing he play the ball down as any in the league.

The storm lead the innovation on this, no question about that, but every other team happily follows their lead.
100% and this was my point... our fans need to harden up and see this stuff for what it is.

The game is getting softer and this stuff is why.
Northern Raider wrote:I had been focussing on those still shots of Smith and his 'ear gouge' on Simo and wondering how he didn't get some sort of contrary conduct charge. I just watched the video footage and realised he wasn't grabbing his ear at all. He had hold of Simo's jersey. You can see it pull away as he lets go. Might have given the ear a rub in the process but it wasn't as bad as I first thought.

P.S. Smith is still a grub.
Yep that's what I was saying.
RedRaider wrote:I am interested in the Raiders running third in the 2019 Competition with 3 rounds to play.

At this point in time I don't care who the biggest grub over the past 10 years is. Neither are Raiders players and neither still play Origin football. So many exciting things about the 2019 Raiders are far more important. Bring the biggest grub arguments back in November.
Amen mate! Finally someone brings the focus back to the important stuff!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Twisting an opponent's ears thirty years ago - actually, probably forty years ago - might have been de rigeur, but this is 2019. It is completely unacceptable to do what Smith did in rugby league today, IMO. If Bateman did it... and it is not fully clear to me that he did... he should have copped a penalty too.

Facials... all this rubbish. That's not footy. That's not rugby league. Not the rugby league I want to see anyway. I want to see fair, tough tackles. Great passing, great kicks, great takes, great runs, great tries. No rubbish.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: August 20, 2019, 10:58 pm Twisting an opponent's ears thirty years ago - actually, probably forty years ago - might have been de rigeur, but this is 2019. It is completely unacceptable to do what Smith did in rugby league today, IMO. If Bateman did it... and it is not fully clear to me that he did... he should have copped a penalty too.

Facials... all this rubbish. That's not footy. That's not rugby league. Not the rugby league I want to see anyway. I want to see fair, tough tackles. Great passing, great kicks, great takes, great runs, great tries. No rubbish.
Agree with you 100% GE. The rules of Rugby League were not written by John Hopoate and his heat seeking digit. The NRL, Coaches, players and Refs should understand the actions of a few are driving people away, as evidenced by the decline in those watching the game.

But how good are those Raiders in 2019? From last year where we would get out to a strong lead only to give it back to the opposition and not make the finals, to this year where the defence, match after match, is relentless. The unfit and the unwilling are no longer on the roster and it shows. Last week the Raiders beat the minor premiers in a massive comeback that has the entire Rugby League fan base talking. There are a maximum of 7 matches for the Raiders to play in 2019. We are now a 'tough to beat' side. It is 25 years since our last Premiership. 30 years since our first. We are no longer the Faders. But we need to beat Manly this weekend and it has proved a tough task for us in prior years. After this weekend the Raiders will have played each of the main Premiership threats twice each this year. Yet there we are in third place. The ladder spot has been well earned. The countdown to possible 2019 glory has begun.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

RedRaider wrote:
greeneyed wrote: August 20, 2019, 10:58 pm Twisting an opponent's ears thirty years ago - actually, probably forty years ago - might have been de rigeur, but this is 2019. It is completely unacceptable to do what Smith did in rugby league today, IMO. If Bateman did it... and it is not fully clear to me that he did... he should have copped a penalty too.

Agree with you 100% GE. The rules of Rugby League were not written by John Hopoate and his heat seeking digit. The NRL, Coaches, players and Refs should understand the actions of a few are driving people away, as evidenced by the decline in those watching the game.

But how good are those Raiders in 2019? From last year where we would get out to a strong lead only to give it back to the opposition and not make the finals, to this year where the defence, match after match, is relentless. The unfit and the unwilling are no longer on the roster and it shows. Last week the Raiders beat the minor premiers in a massive comeback that has the entire Rugby League fan base talking. There are a maximum of 7 matches for the Raiders to play in 2019. We are now a 'tough to beat' side. It is 25 years since our last Premiership. 30 years since our first. We are no longer the Faders. But we need to beat Manly this weekend and it has proved a tough task for us in prior years. After this weekend the Raiders will have played each of the main Premiership threats twice each this year. Yet there we are in third place. The ladder spot has been well earned. The countdown to possible 2019 glory has begun.
Agreed mate!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk