Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Game Day

Post by zim »

What a cochlear.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Nrl 360 shows Bateman doing basically the same thing to Smith earlier as a pay back for an elbow into Sezer. Basically all comes down to the ref's being ****.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

zim wrote: August 19, 2019, 9:31 pm What a cochlear.
:lol:
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Raiders fans are making a mountain out of a molehill!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 19, 2019, 7:15 pm
greeneyed wrote:
The Rickman wrote: August 19, 2019, 1:20 pm God, that’s disgusting stuff from Smith there
It is not just the disgusting tactics... it is the sneakiness, and the act that he's a "good bloke".
He's been doing crap like that week in, week out for years GE.

And we've been pointing it out for years.

And you've been pretending that it doesn't happen for years.
I’ve been clear I don’t support Cameron Smith’s on field tactics.

I’ll start listening to criticism of me from NSW supporters when you all produce your mea culpas on Paul Gallen... admit he was a filthy low life grub, drug cheat and captained a Blues State of Origin series win and won a premiership when he should have been on the sidelines suspended for drug cheating.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

What the hell does that have to do with Smith being a grub?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think you know gerg. I’m being criticised now by people who pretend the likes of Paul Gallen are saints... and who attack me every time I mention the name of a NSW drug cheat... for pointing out they’re self admitted drug cheats.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Finchy wrote:
BJ wrote: August 19, 2019, 10:15 am Anyone who thinks Rapana put the ball on the sideline needs to go get their eyes checked or a new TV.

I saw it CLEARLY grounded inside the line. Why in the last few weeks are people on here continually making up decisions that they think ‘we got lucky on’ when they were the correct call.

TBF I thought all our tries were lucky to be awarded. Not that I thought they weren't tries, but I thought the Bunker would typically rule them as no try based on past experience.

The first Croker one was iffy, looked like he lost it and tried to squeeze it down with his forearm.

The second Croker one looked like an obstruction, it appeared Hodgo ran behind one of our guys and gained an advantage.

The Rapana one I thought BJ obstructed the defensive line by colliding with a defender, and I thought Rapana may have grounded it on the touch line simultaneously.

The Papalii one could easily have been called a forward pass, even though it looked flat to me.

To get all 4 tries awarded was lucky IMO.
Just to get this straight, you thought all our tries were lucky to get awarded by the refs......

Even though Hodgson kicks the ball from inside our decoy runner, there was a clear section of green grass between the sideline and where Rapana put the ball down, and for the last try Hodgson threw the ball with his hands adjacent with the 10m line and Papalli catching it about 1 metre before the line.

I’m glad you’re not reffing any games soon.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: August 19, 2019, 11:30 pm I think you know gerg. I’m being criticised now by people who pretend the likes of Paul Gallen are saints... and who attack me every time I mention the name of a NSW drug cheat... for pointing out they’re self admitted drug cheats.
Is there actually anyone on this forum who would back Gallen?

That’s a big leap, he’s known as one of the biggest low life’s in the game. And I’m a blues supporter. I think the general consensus when Paulo fought home was hope that he got his head knocked off?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:I think you know gerg. I’m being criticised now by people who pretend the likes of Paul Gallen are saints... and who attack me every time I mention the name of a NSW drug cheat... for pointing out they’re self admitted drug cheats.
Rewriting history here GE.

Myself and other NSW supporters have always been very clear that we believe him to be a grub.

Yourself in regards to Smith, Myles, Hodges, Thaiday et al on the other hand.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

BJ wrote: August 19, 2019, 11:48 pm
Finchy wrote:
BJ wrote: August 19, 2019, 10:15 am Anyone who thinks Rapana put the ball on the sideline needs to go get their eyes checked or a new TV.

I saw it CLEARLY grounded inside the line. Why in the last few weeks are people on here continually making up decisions that they think ‘we got lucky on’ when they were the correct call.

TBF I thought all our tries were lucky to be awarded. Not that I thought they weren't tries, but I thought the Bunker would typically rule them as no try based on past experience.

The first Croker one was iffy, looked like he lost it and tried to squeeze it down with his forearm.

The second Croker one looked like an obstruction, it appeared Hodgo ran behind one of our guys and gained an advantage.

The Rapana one I thought BJ obstructed the defensive line by colliding with a defender, and I thought Rapana may have grounded it on the touch line simultaneously.

The Papalii one could easily have been called a forward pass, even though it looked flat to me.

To get all 4 tries awarded was lucky IMO.
Just to get this straight, you thought all our tries were lucky to get awarded by the refs......

Even though Hodgson kicks the ball from inside our decoy runner, there was a clear section of green grass between the sideline and where Rapana put the ball down, and for the last try Hodgson threw the ball with his hands adjacent with the 10m line and Papalli catching it about 1 metre before the line.

I’m glad you’re not reffing any games soon.
The pass for the Addo-Carr try was very suspect, more questionable than the Hodgson -> Papalii pass for sure.
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

Wow, the NRL and the ref on the day are very willing to give Cameron Smith the benefit of the doubt. He gets a little rap over the knuckles and a joking comment from the ref, while most other players would be sitting out a game. Now his offence has been watered down to pushing in on the headth his knuckles, whereas Simmonsen was saying his ears were twisted.
I wonder if Cameron Smith will be footing the bill for reconstructive surgery to put the poor blokes ears back into alignment?? :hmmm
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Guys, guys, guys
You’re all lunatics!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:I think you know gerg. I’m being criticised now by people who pretend the likes of Paul Gallen are saints... and who attack me every time I mention the name of a NSW drug cheat... for pointing out they’re self admitted drug cheats.
This discussion has nothing to do with Gallen, so why turn it into one. I don't recall many people defending the actions of Gallen, in fact most recently when you went into a spin about Gallen I explicitly stated that I wasn't defending any of his actions.

I think I also mentioned that you need to let it go. You'll be blaming Gallen for that ulcer you've developed, and you'll be party right. Let it go mate.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Interesting caller on 2ky this morning believe it was an attempted variation of a jiu jitsu move called a rear naked choke
Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Coastalraider wrote: August 20, 2019, 4:30 am
greeneyed wrote: August 19, 2019, 11:30 pm I think you know gerg. I’m being criticised now by people who pretend the likes of Paul Gallen are saints... and who attack me every time I mention the name of a NSW drug cheat... for pointing out they’re self admitted drug cheats.
Is there actually anyone on this forum who would back Gallen?

That’s a big leap, he’s known as one of the biggest low life’s in the game. And I’m a blues supporter. I think the general consensus when Paulo fought home was hope that he got his head knocked off?
There are a couple of closet Sharks fans on this forum who love Gallen. They're very much a minority however.

Bottom line is if they don't play for Raiders then they're grubs. Bateman? Well he's OUR grub. :thumbsup
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: August 20, 2019, 8:07 am Interesting caller on 2ky this morning believe it was an attempted variation of a jiu jitsu move called a rear naked choke
Nothing like one from what I can see.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

bonehead wrote:Interesting caller on 2ky this morning believe it was an attempted variation of a jiu jitsu move called a rear naked choke
Absolutely nothing like a rear naked choke! One of the problems with grappling is that people have no understand of jiu jitsu and see it as a dark art designed to damage people.

Most of the principles are around leverage and control which directly apply to tackling in league and slowing down the ruck.

Like it not every team practices wrestling and plenty of players, including raiders players, cross train jiu jitsu to improve their game. The other side of it is that every technique has a counter technique that can be employed to get a quick play of the ball.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 20, 2019, 5:16 am

Myself and other NSW supporters have always been very clear that we believe him to be a grub.

I have never supported the tactics of Sam Thaiday. I'm not sure what Hodges has ever done... Myles... NSW fans have a delusion that he "led with his head" in tackling, which is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard and still think so. But it was used as justification for a king hit from... guess who. I've made my position clear on Smith.

Far from NSW fans accepting Gallen is a grub, he's been defended round these parts for years and years. And, remarkably, it still happening today, even after the huge body of evidence of his dirty tactics and self admitted drug taking.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

bonehead wrote:Interesting caller on 2ky this morning believe it was an attempted variation of a jiu jitsu move called a rear naked choke
This is the stuff that's getting out of hand!

The game in the 70's and 80's for example didn't have the coverage it does now. The amount of rubbish and niggle back then compared to this would be shocking. But now cause there's cameras everywhere and everyone has an opinion it's all blown out of proportion.

What he did in my view was attempt to work Bailey over while on the ground by pulling his jersey up around his ear and head area. He was either trying to gain more time or a reaction from Bailey. Now that's not fantastic but given the size of the modern player, speed of the game and ask the other stuff going on the a tackle this sort of thing can happen in the heat of the moment. It got a penalty and that's what it deserved. His reaction was what was pathetic.

But the thing is for ages people have said he never gets penalised and now he did. He didn't get away with it and other captains like Hodgo and Croker should be in the refs face like he is pulling them up on it.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

pickles wrote:
Absolutely nothing like a rear naked choke! One of the problems with grappling is that people have no understand of jiu jitsu and see it as a dark art designed to damage people.

Most of the principles are around leverage and control which directly apply to tackling in league and slowing down the ruck.

Like it not every team practices wrestling and plenty of players, including raiders players, cross train jiu jitsu to improve their game. The other side of it is that every technique has a counter technique that can be employed to get a quick play of the ball.
The was basically saying he was using his ear as leverage to put pressure on the other side under the jawline.
I can't see it either based on the Google images
Edrick The Entertainer
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

BJ wrote: August 19, 2019, 11:48 pmJust to get this straight, you thought all our tries were lucky to get awarded by the refs......
Yes. Have you seen the standard of refereeing, and the consistency of the Bunker?

BJ wrote:I’m glad you’re not reffing any games soon.
This makes no sense. I didn't say they weren't tries, I said "Not that I thought they weren't tries, but I thought the Bunker would typically rule them as no try based on past experience."

So if I was refereeing, and thought they WERE tries, you wouldn't want me to be the referee as I would award them???
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

greeneyed wrote: August 20, 2019, 10:20 am

I have never supported the tactics of Sam Thaiday. I'm not sure what Hodges has ever done... Myles... NSW fans have a delusion that he "led with his head" in tackling, which is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard and still think so. But it was used as justification for a king hit from... guess who. I've made my position clear on Smith.
Nate Myles coincidentally stopped doing what he was doing after Gallen hit him. But of course it's just a coincidence and all the Blues players made the whole thing up, the footage was Photoshopped and everyone who disagrees is crazy.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:

Far from NSW fans accepting Gallen is a grub, he's been defended round these parts for years and years. And, remarkably, it still happening today, even after the huge body of evidence of his dirty tactics and self admitted drug taking.
Most if not all of this post is inaccurate. You are delusional.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha once again the hypocrisy here is completely off the planet. Like Fergus, I’m disgusted by Cam Smith’s actions here, but they’re no worse than our players giving Blake Ferguson a “facial” when he’s got a heavily strapped and bleeding broken nose. If that happened in reverse you guys would be calling for guy’s heads!

And the only other person I remember saying the facials on Ferguson were not on was Fergus himself. So I think he’s fairly consistent in his calling out of bad behaviour as such

The rest of you could probably take a leaf out of his book rather that trying to make this another ridiculous state of origin discussion. A decade of Queensland dominance really has left many of you bitter and twisted
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Lets see where they go with this first. I think both sides are making very salient points.
Im excited to see who comes out on top
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Finchy wrote:
BJ wrote: August 19, 2019, 11:48 pmJust to get this straight, you thought all our tries were lucky to get awarded by the refs......
Yes. Have you seen the standard of refereeing, and the consistency of the Bunker?

BJ wrote:I’m glad you’re not reffing any games soon.
This makes no sense. I didn't say they weren't tries, I said "Not that I thought they weren't tries, but I thought the Bunker would typically rule them as no try based on past experience."

So if I was refereeing, and thought they WERE tries, you wouldn't want me to be the referee as I would award them???
I now get what you meant after the explanation. It didn’t read like that to me originally.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Every team engages in grubby behaviour and ours is no different - just in the last two games we had Rapana flying in with a dog shot in Mitchell, Bateman wrestling with Smith in the background of the play and giving him a facial when he had the ball, and something that went unnoticed - Hodgson telling Horsburgh to stay down after a crusher (Horsburgh got up and played the ball).

The reason everyone criticises Smith is because he is shoved down the public's throat as a "gentleman" of the game, despite the fact that he:

* Signed two contracts in the midst of the salary cap scandal and still, to this day, celebrates the premiership that was won by cheating because their team "worked hard" (as if the other 15 teams were just having the season off). Absolute disgrace.
* Helped pioneer tackles that intentionally hurt the opponent to slow down the ruck (grapple tackle, chicken wing, rolling pin, crusher).
* Dropped his leg into the back of Croker's knee in 2016 and tried to make it look unintentional, though it clearly was a premeditated act to again, injure a fellow professional. This encapsulates everything about him I hate - sneaky, illegal, attempting to hurt someone intentionally and getting away with it.

Not to mention his manipulation of referees and general smug attitude.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Four Canberra Raiders made the NRL.com Team of the Week for Round 22! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Team of the Week: Round 22 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/18/cho ... -round-22/ via @NRL
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Origin Bitterness Hahahaha.

You’ll hear nothing but utmost respect for guys like Cooper Cronk, Civoneceva and Darren Lockyer etc.

Of course what Blake Ferguson copped was a dog act, but it’s Blake Ferguson, he stuck it up the entire Canberra Raiders club which includes the fan base. The same guy who was ripped out of origin camp and arrested for groping a women on the street. The same guy who left origin camp to get on the tins with Dugan.

So obviously fans are going to dislike the bloke, rub it in his face and go easier on the offender (was it Wighton?) The same Wighton who the vast majority of this forum strongly condemned for his drunken rampage last year?

But yes....tell us how it’s all down to Origin bitterness.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:Hahaha once again the hypocrisy here is completely off the planet. Like Fergus, I’m disgusted by Cam Smith’s actions here, but they’re no worse than our players giving Blake Ferguson a “facial” when he’s got a heavily strapped and bleeding broken nose. If that happened in reverse you guys would be calling for guy’s heads!

And the only other person I remember saying the facials on Ferguson were not on was Fergus himself. So I think he’s fairly consistent in his calling out of bad behaviour as such

The rest of you could probably take a leaf out of his book rather that trying to make this another ridiculous state of origin discussion. A decade of Queensland dominance really has left many of you bitter and twisted
Pull your head out of your ****. The person who made this about Origin was GE. And you line about us being bitter and twisted is exactly the point. Fergus and his ilk would bitterly complain about the actions of NSW players (which we would generally agree with) and dismiss any allegations levelled against Queensland players including Smith as NSW bitterness and whinging. You two are rewriting history here.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Well all I saw was Fergus condemning Smith (and rightfully so) for his actions against Simonnson and you blokes all piling on because you can't comprehend how a Queensland fan would bag their own... like you blokes are all completely incapable of doing with the likes of Greg Bird and Paul Gallen.

Stay tall Ferg, keep fighting the good fight in the face of overwhelming hypocrisy!
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

One question I'd love everyone complaining about Smith to answer....

If he were in a Raiders jersey...would the level of distain and carry on still be the same?

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

100%green wrote: August 20, 2019, 12:45 pm One question I'd love everyone complaining about Smith to answer....

If he were in a Raiders jersey...would the level of distain and carry on still be the same?

Absolutely not! Please refer to my comment regarding the Blake Ferguson "facial".

Literally me and Ferg were the only two calling that out as not on, as usual. All these NSW fans didn't say a peep.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

100%green wrote: August 20, 2019, 12:45 pm One question I'd love everyone complaining about Smith to answer....

not the same level of disdain, no

but I didn't like the rubbish on the face I saw from Hudson Young either, even if I do think 5 weeks for that was harsh, I would have been okay with him receiving some time off the field for it if the NRL were going to be consistent about reducing that sort of stuff from the game

EDIT the Ferguson one I'm okay with simply because it was Ferguson.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine