19%

Total votes: 16

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Game Day

Post by Northern Raider »

Kryptonite wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:57 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:01 pm Dogs could help us out by knocking off the Bunnies too
And the Dogs did exactly that!
Yep. A win against Manly next week would just about secure a top 4 spot
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It will, considering Manly play the Storm and Eels after us and Souths play the Roosters, and even the Broncos next week I wouldn't guarantee

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Northern Raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 10:02 pm
Kryptonite wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:57 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:01 pm Dogs could help us out by knocking off the Bunnies too
And the Dogs did exactly that!
Yep. A win against Manly next week would just about secure a top 4 spot
Happy days!! 😃
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Its amazing we were able to get a viking clap going at AAMI park.... i wouldnt have expected many to travel or attend the game seeing as though they have a 70% winning record against us.
So well done to the fans who went to the game and showed their passion :clap:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

just saw vision on FOX of Soliola banging the drum for the Viking clap in the corner of the stadium. Spine tingling stuff!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Sid wrote: August 17, 2019, 10:21 pm just saw vision on FOX of Soliola banging the drum for the Viking clap in the corner of the stadium. Spine tingling stuff!
I was a part of this when he did it in Auckland. It was a really great moment.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

LETS **** GO!!!

COME THE **** ON.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sid wrote: August 17, 2019, 10:21 pm just saw vision on FOX of Soliola banging the drum for the Viking clap in the corner of the stadium. Spine tingling stuff!
It is happening every away game, since about the game against the Tigers at Western Sydney Stadium at least. Simon does a great job with that, as does Sia.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

1992 wrote: August 17, 2019, 5:34 pm Melbourne fans are so dumb they prefer to sit behind the posts 🤣

AFL it ain't.
If you've seen the prices for sitting on the sidelines versus behind the posts... that's why.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Johno wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:11 pm When the ref says held or released....
what does it mean?
If he says "held", the tackle is complete. When he says "release" it is an instruction to the defenders to release the tackled player.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:26 pm Some dumb play from us but I think we could play that game 100 times and lose 95 with the officials assigned.

Definitely looked like he was out. I wonder if Mr Annesley will explain that one.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Great game - glad I took back what I was saying and backed them this week, definitely got a lot of faith in this team now leading towards the finals
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:30 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:Some dumb play from us but I think we could play that game 100 times and lose 95 with the officials assigned.

And a nothing melee usually results in both players being binned. Heck, you punch a bloke in the face and he pushes you, or takes an airswing and both players are marched...

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I do not understand why Asofa Solomona was not binned, as he was the instigator. Not only that, the ridiculous warning from the referee for the Storm was... tell your players not to come into the dust up! They STARTED the dust up!
Turbo_Raider
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Turbo_Raider »

For a Melbourne based fan, being at the ground to see us finally get up over those **** was so satisfying!! especially after witnessing 2016 right next to where Edrick Lee dropped the ball :cry:

That was the first time in 23 years of following this team that i almost passed out from yelling so much and forgetting to breath :roflmao :cmon :cmon walked around high fiving strangers all night long!

The mental strength to turn that momentum around after the two sin bins was incredible to witness. wow, just wow.... so proud.

in Bateman and CNK we have two guys who just fkn hate losing, watched them closely throughout the game and they are just born winners.

I actually thought Wighton ran bloody hard and bent back the line numerous times. Hodgo made errors but his try assist + 1 on 1 steal totals for the year are just piling up! he is a game changer.

Papa is on another level since Origin. Astonishing performances against the two best teams.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

cat wrote: August 17, 2019, 5:28 pm
1992 wrote:
cat wrote: August 17, 2019, 5:25 pm Dane warming up on the field with the boys- just moral support he isn't in a jersey :(

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Tilse?
Who else!!

Good to have the big unit around the boys
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

zim wrote:
cat wrote: August 17, 2019, 5:28 pm
1992 wrote:
cat wrote: August 17, 2019, 5:25 pm Dane warming up on the field with the boys- just moral support he isn't in a jersey :(

Tilse?
Who else!!

Good to have the big unit around the boys
Would have been in his element at old boys day with Logan, Picker, Carney and Buttriss floating around

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Billy Walker wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:10 pm We can still take a lot from this game. What we do now will tell us a lot about this team. Do we lie down or make this closer?
I'm still reading through the match day thread but it's a real curiosity how positive and focussed you are in these threads compared to other posters (and myself) and then mid week you'll drop the captain. Thumbs up.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Brew wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:24 pm Just a speed bump in proceedings. We will still win the Comp

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
It was at this point that I'd thought I'd finally given myself a stroke. But I continued to power through.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

PigRickman wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:48 pm Ugh
Give it Wighton
That had good shape and depth
It felt like he was regularly 5m too far wide this game. We need a variation where Whitehead provides an angled option starting his run where Croker is and cutting back in.
Then Wighton can drift and there's threats everywhere. Short, wide, cut out, show and go.
Or better yet CNK provides the angled target. Then you can make it anything you like.
Last edited by zim on August 18, 2019, 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

afgtnk wrote: August 17, 2019, 7:19 pm What a **** player. **** I love him. He WILL go down as our greatest ever forward once he's done
And that pretty much sums up the end. What a ride and we are in this up to our armpits.
We'll be even better next year as well.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

One other thing to mention is the Hodgson run around with his forwards. We tried that a lot last year and it really didn't seem to produce results with our focus (Paulo/boyd) and our targets.
Seems like we have all the time in the world to run it this year with Horsburgh and Lui.
What's happened? Do we have better threats out wide, are we just running it better or is the lead up just less predictable?
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Billy Walker wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:47 pm Not sure about Simmonsen on the bench tonight. I was excited to see him in the utility role but seems he was just there as cover for BJ. With a couple of backrowers capable of covering centres maybe we’d go better with another forward on the bench?
You really can't come to any conclusions on utility use with 2 sin bins.
That's the first plan that goes out the window on a sin bin.
There's no way he was used how they planned.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Interesting comments from Ricky in the presser, he was asked a question about our attack and he responded by referring to its "unpredictability"...perhaps a tacit message to Trent Robinson?
Up The Milk
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

zim wrote: August 18, 2019, 1:59 am
afgtnk wrote: August 17, 2019, 7:19 pm What a **** player. **** I love him. He WILL go down as our greatest ever forward once he's done
And that pretty much sums up the end. What a ride and we are in this up to our armpits.
We'll be even better next year as well.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves :lol: We all remember 2017.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Still buzzing from that win! I honestly thought that if we could make it close after the start we had that it would be a good result but the belief that comes from a win like hay is exactly what you need to take into finals.

This team has earned he right to believe that they can do the impossible. We need to back it up over the next few weeks to consolidate a top 4 position but we could also push for second if results go our way.

We can obviously be a lot smarter but the toughness to stay in that game and keep fighting from when we were 18-0 down was immense. The game plan to move the storm around worked in terms of generating momentum and the tries we scored were very well worked plays, especially the Rapana try off a beautiful ball from CNK. Seems he might have a passing game after all!

Hors probably had his best game as a raider with hard running and tackling and some very crisp passing. It was great to watch!

Very proud of the whole team and even more excited to see where this season is going because based on that performance, anything is possible.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Watched the replay again this morning on Fox. I loved hearing Mick Ennis passion for the win! He is turning into a real Raider now!
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Wow! Too many things to say, really. Needless to say very proud of our boys after that, and incredibly exciting for what the next couple of months could hold for our club. This isn't always an easy club to follow - victories like that are the really we're all still here.

I was stoked to see Ricky start his press conference by criticising our ill-discipline early in the game. Hard to believe this is the same man that made so many excuses for it in the past. Really shows me we mean business this year.

The importance of Whitehead and Bateman for our team truly can't be oversold. Both had brilliant passes to lay on tries tonight, they really are such an asset. We might give away a bit in the halves to the other top sides, but the creativity of these two puts us back on an even keel - at least when we get them some quality ball.

Great to see BJ get through unscathed and Rapana fight back from a pretty ordnary display last week. Rapana's try was an absolute beauty, particularly considering the context of the game. Thought Croker and Wighton were very solid on the other side also.

Lastly, Horsburgh can't go unmentioned. His development this season has been very impressive - full credit to the kid and to the coaching staff who have been working with him.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Yeh gotta say I am getting more impressed with Horse. God passing, hard running and seemed ready for an offload every time he hit the line. A great future for this young man.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

LastRaider wrote: August 18, 2019, 7:22 am Watched the replay again this morning on Fox. I loved hearing Mick Ennis passion for the win! He is turning into a real Raider now!
How funny was it when Mick Ennis turned to Big Mal and said " Yeah the Viking Clap is Awesome, ive done it" refering to the 2016 Sharks final :roflmao
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

Kryptonite wrote: August 18, 2019, 8:17 am
LastRaider wrote: August 18, 2019, 7:22 am Watched the replay again this morning on Fox. I loved hearing Mick Ennis passion for the win! He is turning into a real Raider now!
How funny was it when Mick Ennis turned to Big Mal and said " Yeah the Viking Clap is Awesome, ive done it" refering to the 2016 Sharks final :roflmao
I loved him hugging big mal when papa went over 😂
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Rewatched the game and glad I did.

Some average passes thrown, but the halves also linked really well with each other a number of times.

Horsburgh and Lui are also developing a nice catch and pass game that allows our halves to stand wider. Wighton often made his half breaks following this play.

I only remembered the bad kicks live, but there was also some great spiral bombs, long kicks into space and the Sezer kick for Rapana was on the money. I’m surprised Addo Carr didn’t go to the bin as his actions stopped a likely try, considering Rapana almost scored despite the early hit.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

zim wrote: August 18, 2019, 1:25 am
Billy Walker wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:10 pm We can still take a lot from this game. What we do now will tell us a lot about this team. Do we lie down or make this closer?
I'm still reading through the match day thread but it's a real curiosity how positive and focussed you are in these threads compared to other posters (and myself) and then mid week you'll drop the captain. Thumbs up.
I just give my honest view on things as I see them rather than what I think the group think is on things. I don’t expect people to agree with everything I think, and I’m certain I’m not correct on everything or I’d be an NRL coach. I feel like people should be able to throw up views without being shot down. Nobody has to agree with them. As for JC, I gave him a vote in the POTY last night - I thought he had a good game and was one of only a few who didn’t lose all composure in a big game early on. He had work to do on both those tries he scored.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

zim wrote: August 18, 2019, 2:24 am
Billy Walker wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:47 pm Not sure about Simmonsen on the bench tonight. I was excited to see him in the utility role but seems he was just there as cover for BJ. With a couple of backrowers capable of covering centres maybe we’d go better with another forward on the bench?
You really can't come to any conclusions on utility use with 2 sin bins.
That's the first plan that goes out the window on a sin bin.
There's no way he was used how they planned.
That’s a fair point - I feel like Simmonsen has twice been put on the bench this year but both times the plans have been messed up through Raps injuries first time around and sin bins yesterday. I’d love to know how Ricky would use him if everything unfolded as he hoped.
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

BJ wrote:I’m surprised Addo Carr didn’t go to the bin as his actions stopped a likely try, considering Rapana almost scored despite the early hit.
The Fox commentary was saying something similar - if that was a grubber kick, that would've a sin bin for tackling a player without the ball to stop a try. But since it was in the air, they didn't even consider it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Aero wrote:
BJ wrote:I’m surprised Addo Carr didn’t go to the bin as his actions stopped a likely try, considering Rapana almost scored despite the early hit.
The Fox commentary was saying something similar - if that was a grubber kick, that would've a sin bin for tackling a player without the ball to stop a try. But since it was in the air, they didn't even consider it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
If he isn't hit in the air his momentum probably means he lands just about in the in goal and just has to put it down.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017