Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Game Day

Post by Botman »

COME THE **** ON!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Josh Papalii try caps off classic Canberra Raiders comeback against Melbourne Storm

Who is your Papa! There can be only one. Josh Papalii with a try for the Canberra Raiders ages. But it was another Josh - Papalii's co-captain Josh Hodgson who set it up with another one of those pesky one-on-one strips.

It changed the momentum and set up one of the most epic comebacks in NRL history.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 22 (Jarrod Croker 2, Jordan Rapana, Josh Papalii tries; Croker 3 goals) bt MELBOURNE STORM 18 (Justin Olam, Josh Addo-Carr, Suliasi Vunivalu tries; Cameron Smith 3 goals) at Melbourne. Referees: Ben Cummins, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski. Crowd: 17,769.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders silence their critics and fire warning shot to NRL: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders proved non-believers wrong: Ricky Stuart

The Canberra Raiders know they are good enough to give the premiership a shake this season and veteran coach Ricky Stuart thinks their thrilling comeback victory over the Melbourne Storm on Saturday night will convince a lot of the non-believers.

"There is no worries about belief as we know we are good enough," Stuart said after the 22-18 victory. "They showed a lot out there that a lot of our non-believers think we haven't got."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/17/rai ... in-stuart/

Bellamy blames complacency after Storm run down by Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/17/bel ... y-raiders/

MATCH REPORT: Incredible Raiders comeback stuns Storm in Melbourne: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/17/rai ... melbourne/

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... ver-storm/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Storm V Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/17/mat ... v-raiders/

PRESS CONFERENCE: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... -round-22/

TEAM SONG: Canberra Raiders celebrate: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... team-song/
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

I think the team is buggered after that game... team song wasn’t there best
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

What an experience that was. The raiders fans made more noise than the locals all night. I'm still buzzing.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dogs could help us out by knocking off the Bunnies too
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

Fox are saying looks like Tapine has a rib injury.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

KasparRaider wrote:Fox are saying looks like Tapine has a rib injury.
Sutton 13, Guler on the bench

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

It breaks my heart that even with how well this year has gone, and how close we have been in clutch matches like the bunnies and the rooters, we are only 1 win ahead of Parra...
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Sid wrote: August 17, 2019, 7:43 pm That’s Melbourne’s biggest loss this year -
4 points
I prefer to think of it as, we beat the Storm by the same as every other team did so this year combined :P (Lost by 1, Lost by 2, Lost by 1).
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Upset Sat; Dogs complete the double :-)
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

Coastalraider wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:12 pm It breaks my heart that even with how well this year has gone, and how close we have been in clutch matches like the bunnies and the rooters, we are only 1 win ahead of Parra...
That is depressing, we are way better than them.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-TW- wrote:
KasparRaider wrote:Fox are saying looks like Tapine has a rib injury.
Sutton 13, Guler on the bench

I think Young

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I am quite pleased with that result

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:Bwaif thought the tactic of passing wide and stretching the Storm defence was a dumb tactic.

"They need to go through the middle first then test the Storms edges" he said.

Bwaif, Bwaif, Bwaif...
Yeah, I turned the volume down after that comment.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:
-PJ- wrote:Bwaif thought the tactic of passing wide and stretching the Storm defence was a dumb tactic.

"They need to go through the middle first then test the Storms edges" he said.

Bwaif, Bwaif, Bwaif...
Yeah, I turned the volume down after that comment.

That's why there's a **** braith says Twitter account..

He's hopeless

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

89_90_94_?? wrote:What an experience that was. The raiders fans made more noise than the locals all night. I'm still buzzing.
Came through on the TV too.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Coastalraider wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:12 pm It breaks my heart that even with how well this year has gone, and how close we have been in clutch matches like the bunnies and the rooters, we are only 1 win ahead of Parra...
That loss to the Eels in Darwin
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Braif played fullback for Chris Anderson, a disaster that approximately EVERY single soul in the world saw coming except for Chris and Braif

**** Braif, **** Craig Bellemy, **** the storm as a staff, football team and as a mfing crew
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 12:35 pm I think we will win.

And it won't be the "upset" that it will be conveyed as post-game.
:)
Up The Milk
Heisenberg
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Heisenberg »

Begbie wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:28 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:21 pm Did we out grub them today?
Bateman was - as usual - outstanding in this area.
Bateman nearly tore Cameron Smith’s ear off at one point. Beautiful stuff
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

PigRickman wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:29 pm Braif played fullback for Chris Anderson, a disaster that approximately EVERY single soul in the world saw coming except for Chris and Braif

**** Braif, **** Craig Bellemy, **** the storm as a staff, football team and as a mfing crew
Piggy channeling Tupac hahaha - love it!
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

-PJ- wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:15 pm
Begbie wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:14 pm
Johno wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:07 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 17, 2019, 7:57 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 17, 2019, 6:33 pm

You need to submit your CV for a job at the Foxlab! Good effort pulling that together!
I was fuming at the officiating at this stage haha. We got the better side of that coin in the second half which was surprising. The sinbinnings were correct calls but everything else went against us in the first half. Great resiliency.
Serioulsy, what was the touchy looking at?
Casey Badger, an absolute howler. Thats what it looked like live.
She's checking him out...mmmmm..nice hind quarters !!!
They got nothing on gavins
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Heisenberg wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:30 pm
Begbie wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:28 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:21 pm Did we out grub them today?
Bateman was - as usual - outstanding in this area.
Bateman nearly tore Cameron Smith’s ear off at one point. Beautiful stuff
I really liked Bateman milking that play the ball penalty. He could easily have played on but forced the ref to blow it and took a quick tap. He’s got good game sense.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

My throat is raw. My neighbours probably hate me. And for a brief moment I thought I hurt my foot when I jumped after Papa scored.

I AM SO FRAPPING PROUD OF THEM. SO PROUD. <3 <3 <3

THIS IS REAL.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We need to finish in the top 4 now. We owe it to ourselves. Manly come on down. We haven't beaten them very much in recent years... time to get one back.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

I actually didn't think we were that bad in the first half, storms first try got an absolute peach of a bounce, there second try went 1 metre sideways and 2 metres forward and there third came off a cotric chip that fortuitously ended up right in Vunivalus hands, while tapines sin bin was dumb he really didn't do anything that NAS didn't, if they were binning Joe they should binned NAS for starting it(twice)
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

kiwi raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:42 pm I actually didn't think we were that bad in the first half, storms first try got an absolute peach of a bounce, there second try went 1 metre sideways and 2 metres forward and there third came off a cotric chip that fortuitously ended up right in Vunivalus hands
Yep. They crossed our line 3 times and needed a lot of luck to get them
The ball hits the other point on their first try and it rockets over the deadball line for a 7 tackle set, that ball off Cotric's foot could have gone anywhere, if Cotric retains possession we're streaking towards their try line... the second one looked a good movement to me and i didnt notice a forward pass but that's neither here nor there for me, it was against 12 men and the team had just suffered a MAJOR emotional let down and conceded a try they shouldnt have.

All in all, nothing the storm threw at us, shape or structure wise concerned us a great deal 13 vs 13
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

sprintman wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:30 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 17, 2019, 8:00 pm Ricky needs to cancel the flight back, hire a bus, load it up with booze and let’s the boys have the worlds best road trip back!! Except Tarps - he sits next to the driver and doesn’t touch anything.
I missed it all. What did Tarps do?
Tarps can walk home, or thumb a ride
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

PigRickman wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:29 pm Braif played fullback for Chris Anderson, a disaster that approximately EVERY single soul in the world saw coming except for Chris and Braif

And what of Chino XL?
Up The Milk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

just listening to the Bellemy presser, Gould, Gallen and co can say what they want to say, Bellemy doesnt underestimate us one bit.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Luke Lewis (one of my favourite non Raiders players) said it best: move Melbourne around and attack their edges.

I thought we executed that perfectly in the second half. Jack was unlucky not to score.

My only criticism is that Hodgson seem to overplay a little and I’ve noticed he does this against top teams.

Anyway, it’s a night for celebration!

Looking forward to next weekend. Would be great to ice the eagles at home. It’s the only monkey on our back IMO..win against a top 4 side at home.

These 3 weeks really are the perfect preparation for finals.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

PigRickman wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:51 pm just listening to the Bellemy presser, Gould, Gallen and co can say what they want to say, Bellemy doesnt underestimate us one bit.
I also think there is a lot of respect between Ricky and Craig.
I honestly don’t think Melbourne have anything to worry about.
Soufs on the other hand....
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

89_90_94_?? wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:00 pm What an experience that was. The raiders fans made more noise than the locals all night. I'm still buzzing.
Believe me, we could hear you loud and clear on TV. it was inspirational. Great work to all the fans at the game!! You definitely out cheered the Storm supporters! :clap: :thumbsup
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

That's one of the great all-time Raiders wins... 18-0 down against Melbourne, I thought it was done at that point.

This is the first time anybody has ever clawed back a Melbourne lead of 18 points or more. It's nice to be on the positive side of the record books for once. :thumbsup
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Northern Raider wrote: August 17, 2019, 9:01 pm Dogs could help us out by knocking off the Bunnies too
And the Dogs did exactly that!