10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

We need an option on the bench to call in to spark some attack when we are flat. Sam our best option for this.

We lose our grit in the middle when Papa comes off, so we need Tapine to come in then
Sam Williams is not the name I associate with the word Spark
I don’t there is anyone else in the squad who can play that role except him
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 Rd 22 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by Northern Raider »

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2019, 7:09 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2019, 6:58 pm 1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papa
9. Hodgson
10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

We need an option on the bench to call in to spark some attack when we are flat. Sam our best option for this.

We lose our grit in the middle when Papa comes off, so we need Tapine to come in then
Probably not so why waste a bench spot on somebody who won't contribute.

I've said in other threads we could do with a utility back in our extended squad.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

LastRaider wrote:1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papa
9. Hodgson
10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

No..

Also what's the point, he'll get about 10 mins if that

May as well have Hudson Young and rotate the forwards more

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Leilua
15. Young
16. Horsburgh
17. Sutton

Would rest Sia this week just to keep him fresh. Also want Havili to play big minutes at 9 for Mounties just in case we need to break glass in case of emergency.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

-TW- wrote:
LastRaider wrote:1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papa
9. Hodgson
10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

No..

Also what's the point, he'll get about 10 mins if that

May as well have Hudson Young and rotate the forwards more

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Why? When ever we play the top 5 teams we always have a bench player who plays less than 10 minutes and it’s a trend that we do. Why not carry an extra attacking option that can be called upon????
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote:
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papa
9. Hodgson
10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

What do you expect Sam to come on and do? He's not a dynamic running half or a guy with a box of tricks. He's a slightly below par organising half with decent short range passing/kicking. Nothing else notable. Defence slightly below par. Nothing bad but he's not a game breaker and his stats will show that.

Havilli's offloads and tackle breaks honestly offer more of an attacking threat in a 10 minute burst. Otherwise for a half, we're better of just going to Jack more often on either side of the ruck, or setting him at first receiver or running a set play for him. He's an X-factor. Sammy is not. Not physically and not skill wise. He's smart. But we'd be better off giving Hodgo's brain and body a 10 minute rest and using him fresher.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

BadnMean wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papa
9. Hodgson
10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

What do you expect Sam to come on and do? He's not a dynamic running half or a guy with a box of tricks. He's a slightly below par organising half with decent short range passing/kicking. Nothing else notable. Defence slightly below par. Nothing bad but he's not a game breaker and his stats will show that.

Havilli's offloads and tackle breaks honestly offer more of an attacking threat in a 10 minute burst. Otherwise for a half, we're better of just going to Jack more often on either side of the ruck, or setting him at first receiver or running a set play for him. He's an X-factor. Sammy is not. Not physically and not skill wise. He's smart. But we'd be better off giving Hodgo's brain and body a 10 minute rest and using him fresher.
What Williams can do that Sezer and Wighton can’t is put a runner through a hole.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Wiki Special wrote: August 12, 2019, 7:29 pm 1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Leilua
15. Young
16. Horsburgh
17. Sutton

Would rest Sia this week just to keep him fresh. Also want Havili to play big minutes at 9 for Mounties just in case we need to break glass in case of emergency.
"Rest" Sia to keep him rest vs the top team? No. Just no. Either drop him because you think you have a better option or your best players play against the best team. And you try to beat them. It's not that complicated. It's not a computer game. He leads our pack. Notice how Chooks went after him. He's either good enough to overcome that or he goes to the bench. Or he's done. But you don't rest Sia vs Melbourne.

If you want a change, Sutton starts. As he is crap off the bench. Offers nothing.

Or radical, Hors starts, Sia to bench to keep us strong in the middle section and Sutton is out for Young. Ricky will never do that as I think he'll worry about upsetting the apple cart but for mine, Sutton is either a starter or reggies. He's done nothing ever off the bench and is questionable whether he makes our starting team.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2019, 7:40 pm
BadnMean wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papa
9. Hodgson
10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

What Williams can do that Sezer and Wighton can’t is put a runner through a hole.
Except that Williams has exactly the same LB assist % as Sezer and about A THIRD as good a rate as that as Wighton. But yeah anyway... No Sam is not a game breaking creative bench option.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiki Special »

BadnMean wrote: August 12, 2019, 7:45 pm
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Leilua
15. Young
16. Horsburgh
17. Sutton

"Rest" Sia to keep him rest vs the top team? No. Just no. Either drop him because you think you have a better option or your best players play against the best team. And you try to beat them. It's not that complicated. It's not a computer game. He leads our pack. Notice how Chooks went after him. He's either good enough to overcome that or he goes to the bench. Or he's done. But you don't rest Sia vs Melbourne.

If you want a change, Sutton starts. As he is crap off the bench. Offers nothing.

Or radical, Hors starts, Sia to bench to keep us strong in the middle section and Sutton is out for Young. Ricky will never do that as I think he'll worry about upsetting the apple cart but for mine, Sutton is either a starter or reggies. He's done nothing ever off the bench and is questionable whether he makes our starting team.
I'd rather beat Melbourne in September than this round (I think we can still win even without Sia though). I see value for later in the year resting Sia this week plus the added positive of seeing Horsburgh and Young get another game in a pressure cooker environment.

In regards to your Sutton comments - I agree his best games have been as a starter. One more game on the bench for match fitness then he starts for me going forward also.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Sutton
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Havili
15. Lui
16. Horsburgh
17. Soliola

18. Williams
19. Simonsson
20. Guler
21. Young
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Phil Gould says the Canberra Raiders are just "beating up on out of form sides"

Former premiership and Origin coach Phil Gould has dismissed the premiership chances of the Canberra Raiders in 2019.

"I think they're beating up on out of form teams, I really do," Gould said on Nine's 100% Footy.

"They haven't beaten a top five side this year and now they're four and six against top eight teams this year. They're beating up on all those other teams that I said are out of form. They just can't handle [the top teams]."

"There's no doubt they're on the improve. They're on the way. I think maybe next year with another off season like they've just had, you could have a cumulative effect, maybe a better team next year."

"I still think they're a long way short of Melbourne and the Roosters at the moment," Gould said.

"For them to make the Grand Final, they're going to have to beat either the Roosters in Sydney or Melbourne in Melbourne and they haven't done either for ages. It's been years since they've been able to do that. So I think they're still 12 months short."

"Great off season, great season so far, but at the moment they're still beating up on the weaklings. They haven't been able to match the top sides."

Former Melbourne Storm fullback Billy Slater was more positive about the Raiders’ performance against the Roosters - but agreed that Canberra is not with the benchmark teams.

"I think Canberra would be happy with the test against the benchmark of the competition," Slater said.

"They're the premiers of last year. I think they held their own. I think think the individual brilliance in James Tedesco, Latrell Mitchell, there were a couple of tries purely off the back of those players."

"Canberra is doing a lot of things right. They're building a really good culture down there in the nation's capital. But the passes you see from James Tedesco... you don't see that from Canberra just yet. They're building towards that, but that just doesn't happen [for the Raiders]. You've got to have the quality players in your team to pull that off."

"Canberra has a toughness about them this year," Slater said.

"They're not going to be bullied by anyone, so they'll be a challenge to come up against in the finals series, don't worry about that. But they lack that little bit with the football."

"Their attack isn't as good as the top sides."

Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen again criticised Canberra Raiders star Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad at fullback.

"He just doesn't have the ball skills that Tedesco's got," Gallen said.

"He's had one try assist all year. As you know, great fullbacks need to be the extra five eighth, they need to be a ball player up near the try line. "

He doesn't quite have that skill yet. He's probably still learning that... probably another 12 months before he's a really good ball playing fullback."

The Canberra Raiders travel to Melbourne next Saturday for a clash with the ladder leading Storm.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Wiki Special wrote: August 12, 2019, 8:12 pm
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Leilua
15. Young
16. Horsburgh
17. Sutton

I'd rather beat Melbourne in September than this round (I think we can still win even without Sia though). I see value for later in the year resting Sia this week plus the added positive of seeing Horsburgh and Young get another game in a pressure cooker environment.

In regards to your Sutton comments - I agree his best games have been as a starter. One more game on the bench for match fitness then he starts for me going forward also.
I don't think we've earned the luxury of resting players vs top sides and that kind of ahead of ourselves thinking vs actually being good by y'know...
actually beating a top side or, god forbid.. achieving something...

That kind of inflated, never-did-nothing-but-think-like-millionaires- type attitude brought us 2 years of utter crap in the meantime. Have rest once you've won something.

Because gawd knows playing for tomorrow because we are too good to play for today has not worked at all in the past.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2019, 11:52 pm Phil Gould says the Canberra Raiders are just "beating up on out of form sides"
I cant really argue with that. I mean its a bit much to say we're just beating up on out of form sides, but I dont see us as being on the same level as the Roosters or Storm. I wouldnt be surprised if we finished 5th this year. We could go to the second week of the finals but not much further.
Thats not a criticism by the way, we've improved out of site and thats something to be really proud of.
But Wighton needs another 12 months at 5/8 to improve his ball playing skills, Hodgson needs a little bit of work on his service from dummy half, and another 12 months will do wonders for CNK - if he develops as hoped. G Williams will hopefully add that element of spark to finish sets. Our defence has laid the foundation but with a better attack next year we would reduce the opportunities the Storm and Roosters get to score. Instead of them putting 20+ points on us, they only put about 14, and we win those games.
I agree that playing these tough games at this stage will serve us well come finals time, but I just dont see the X factor required to go all the way this season. I hope Im wrong ofcourse.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

woppadingo wrote: August 13, 2019, 12:18 am
greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2019, 11:52 pm Phil Gould says the Canberra Raiders are just "beating up on out of form sides"

Former premiership and Origin coach Phil Gould has dismissed the premiership chances of the Canberra Raiders in 2019.

"I think they're beating up on out of form teams, I really do," Gould said on Nine's "100% Footy".

"They haven't beaten a top five side this year and now they're four and six against top eight teams this year. They're beating up on all those other teams that I said are out of form. They just can't handle [the top teams]."

"There's no doubt they're on the improve. They're on the way. I think maybe next year with another off season like they've just had, you could have a cumulative effect, maybe a better team next year."

"I still think they're a long way short of Melbourne and the Roosters at the moment," Gould said.

"For them to make the Grand Final, they're going to have to beat either the Roosters in Sydney or Melbourne in Melbourne and they haven't done either for ages. It's been years since they've been able to do that. So I think they're still 12 months short."

"Great off season, great season so far, but at the moment they're still beating up on the weaklings. They haven't been able to match the top sides."

Former Melbourne Storm fullback Billy Slater was slightly more positive - but agreed that the Raiders are not with the benchmark teams.

"I think Canberra would be happy with the test against the benchmark of the competition," Slater said.

"They're the premiers of last year. I think they held their own. I think think the individual brilliance in James Tedesco, Latrell Mitchell, there were a couple of tries purely off the back of those players."

"Canberra is doing a lot of things right. They're building a really good culture down there in the nation's capital. But the passes you see from James Tedesco... you don't see that from Canberra just yet. They're building towards that, but that just doesn't happen [for the Raiders]. You've got to have the quality players in your team to pull that off."

"Canberra has a toughness about them this year," Slater said.

"They're not going to be bullied by anyone, so they'll be a challenge to come up against in the finals series, don't worry about that. But they lack that little bit with the football."

"Their attack isn't as good as the top sides.:

Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen again criticised Canberra Raiders star Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad at fullback.

"He just doesn't have the ball skills that Tedesco's got," Gallen said.

"He's had one try assist all year. As you know, great fullbacks need to be the extra five eighth, they need to be a ball player up near the try line. "

He doesn't quite have that skill yet. He's probably still learning that... probably another 12 months before he's a really good ball playing fullback."

The Canberra Raiders travel to Melbourne next Saturday for a clash with the ladder leading Storm.
I cant really argue with that. I mean its a bit much to say we're just beating up on out of form sides, but I dont see us as being on the same level as the Roosters or Storm. I wouldnt be surprised if we finished 5th this year. We could go to the second week of the finals but not much further.
Thats not a criticism by the way, we've improved out of site and thats something to be really proud of.
But Wighton needs another 12 months at 5/8 to improve his ball playing skills, Hodgson needs a little bit of work on his service from dummy half, and another 12 months will do wonders for CNK - if he develops as hoped. G Williams will hopefully add that element of spark to finish sets. Our defence has laid the foundation but with a better attack next year we would reduce the opportunities the Storm and Roosters get to score. Instead of them putting 20+ points on us, they only put about 14, and we win those games.
I agree that playing these tough games at this stage will serve us well come finals time, but I just dont see the X factor required to go all the way this season. I hope Im wrong ofcourse.
Yeah I think it's fair enough. Been saying all year Charnze is awesome but has "sticky fingers" in the backline. The ball is dished out ij perfunctory fashion or it dies with him. 5/10 passing, room to improve. The rest is v, v good. Inspiring.

Hodgo I don't think needs more time, he can adjust game to game and week do week. He's a stud. A matchwinner. He doesn't need fixing or development, just clarity.

Jack is a work in progress again. World beater or world dropper. Bring those closer together. Hasn't really put it together since Origin yet imo. Room to improve.

Gould is right. We've beat no-one of consequence for about a year. And we didn't do it on the regular before that. Nothing suggesting we are certain to do it soon either. No-one is afraid of the relentless Raiders juggernaut that wins tight games and turns up in key moments. That's almost a punchline rather than reality right now. That about says it all.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Sutton
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Havili
15. Simonsson
16. Soliola
17. Horsburgh

Havili gets Lui’s middle forward minutes, Simonsson comes on at the 60 min mark (depending on injuries/ flow of game) to be a roaming lock. I love lui and everything he’s done this year and last but havili’s never say die attitude and handy offload is how you disrupt good structural defence like the Storm have. Lui is much more run forward, get stopped, try to get a quick play the ball. Which is excellent and definitely has its place in the team, I just think Havili’s style suits this game more. Would also consider switching Hors and Young. Hors gets the nod for me due to match fitness.
Sutton needs to start. He’s not an impact guy. Sia and Hors are.

I think this team is our best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

I can’t argue to much with Gould and Slaters comments. But I wouldn’t say the Panthers were out of form. I also know those comments could turn around very quickly with a couple of wins. After Manly went down and beat Melbourne every media person were saying they are the real deal. They had hardly beaten many top 8 team before that. Yes they beat Souths by a point and us. But since being talk up as the real deal it may have got to them and they have gone backwards. A win against Melbourne and then Manly the media will completely flip these comments.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

We’re a year ahead of where we thought we would be with this team IMO.
I also think we’re a year away (maybe less than that) from a premiership window.
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

We have to beat the Storm and Manly for anyone to take us seriously this year. Do that and we've earned the right to be talked about as a contender.
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I saw Gould's comments last night. I thought they summed up where we are at well. Our record against the top sides isn't good and I think till we improve it people have every right to ask questions about our credentials.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Now Gould thinks we’re no chance I’m more convinced this is our year!

I don’t care if we lose to storm this week. Just beat them in the finals, that’s what counts. Sounds like one win this week and the team and media would be inscribing our names on the trophy going into finals. Not sure that’ll work for us
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Slater and Gallens comments are fair, Gould’s are a bit harsh but his general angle isn’t.

Put the comments on the changeroom wall this weekend and in the finals as motivation.

I’m in the camp that, while it would have been nice to get the win on the weekend purely for the mental element; I think this side has the character to be a contender regardless of what happened in the regular season.

If we had been soundly beaten by the top 4 sides then you’d be worried, but I think we are merely a lick of paint off them. We are a successful Leilua return off giving the comp a shake.

And we still have a month to improve.
Up The Milk
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiki Special »

BadnMean wrote: August 13, 2019, 12:11 am
Wiki Special wrote: August 12, 2019, 8:12 pm
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Leilua
15. Young
16. Horsburgh
17. Sutton

I don't think we've earned the luxury of resting players vs top sides and that kind of ahead of ourselves thinking vs actually being good by y'know...
actually beating a top side or, god forbid.. achieving something...

That kind of inflated, never-did-nothing-but-think-like-millionaires- type attitude brought us 2 years of utter crap in the meantime. Have rest once you've won something.

Because gawd knows playing for tomorrow because we are too good to play for today has not worked at all in the past.
It has nothing to do with thinking that we are millionaires mate. Simply looking after an older player who is likely our most important bench forward while taking the opportunity to give a younger player more big game experience. Each to their own my friend.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:Now Gould thinks we’re no chance I’m more convinced this is our year!

I don’t care if we lose to storm this week. Just beat them in the finals, that’s what counts. Sounds like one win this week and the team and media would be inscribing our names on the trophy going into finals. Not sure that’ll work for us Image
I’m with you gangers, I don’t give a flying **** who we beat in the regular season provided we continually improve, we make the Top 4 and win three games in a row come the finals.

We don’t need to prove anything to anyone, just need to keep getting better.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2019, 7:40 pm
BadnMean wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papa
9. Hodgson
10. Sia
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sam Williams
15. Tapine
16. Lui
17. Horse

Now you're just making **** up. He's done it no more than twice in 10 games this year and you're hanging your hat on him doing it again with a 15 min cameo off the bench.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Guys, I love Sam Williams as much as the next guy, but if he’s the answer off the bench, I’m not really sure what the question is here
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I'm not against the idea of an x-factor player off the bench. Trouble is we don't have one in the squad. No point trying to shoehorn somebody into that role if thats not the type of player they are.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: August 13, 2019, 8:21 am
gangrenous wrote:Now Gould thinks we’re no chance I’m more convinced this is our year!

I don’t care if we lose to storm this week. Just beat them in the finals, that’s what counts. Sounds like one win this week and the team and media would be inscribing our names on the trophy going into finals. Not sure that’ll work for us Image
I’m with you gangers, I don’t give a flying **** who we beat in the regular season provided we continually improve, we make the Top 4 and win three games in a row come the finals.

We don’t need to prove anything to anyone, just need to keep getting better.
Yep. Count me in here.
Rickman said it best in another thread. We dont need to beat the storm in Round 22, anymore than we needed to beat the Roosters in Round 21. We just have to beat them in the finals if we play them.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Just watched the replay of Whitehead going on report for his knees on Manu. Initially I thought nothing in it and surprised he was charged. Simply a case of falling over a guy who dived in front of him. On 2nd look I believe its still an accident but he may have been able to avoid contact with his knees. As such the early guilty plea is probably best even though you don't want that many carry over points heading in to the finals.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 13, 2019, 9:16 am Just watched the replay of Whitehead going on report for his knees on Manu. Initially I thought nothing in it and surprised he was charged. Simply a case of falling over a guy who dived in front of him. On 2nd look I believe its still an accident but he may have been able to avoid contact with his knees. As such the early guilty plea is probably best even though you don't want that many carry over points heading in to the finals.
Here's another incident where at the time I said "Jesus, Whitehead's led with his knees here" and then the penalty was blown. I wasn't surprised in the least.

Obviously gangers will tell us the onus should be on the tackled player to get out of the way of the Raiders' players knees, but I saw it differently live, as did the video ref on replay.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I agree with Gould, except for the out of form part. We beat the Panthers on the end of a 7 match winning streak. The teams around us have lost games they should have won, there is no shame in beating the teams you are expected to.

In saying that, I don’t think “peak for peak” we can match the Roosters and Melbourne, at the moment. This year is different to 2016 in that I feel the upside of that team was much higher, while this side is more consistent. Leilua will help if he is able to come back at his usual level, his upside is what we need against the better sides.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Comments like Gould's are music to my ears. More of it.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Woodgers wrote: August 13, 2019, 10:52 am Comments like Gould's are music to my ears. More of it.
Yep, agreed. Bring on the next two months!
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

The Rickman wrote: August 13, 2019, 9:43 am
Northern Raider wrote: August 13, 2019, 9:16 am Just watched the replay of Whitehead going on report for his knees on Manu. Initially I thought nothing in it and surprised he was charged. Simply a case of falling over a guy who dived in front of him. On 2nd look I believe its still an accident but he may have been able to avoid contact with his knees. As such the early guilty plea is probably best even though you don't want that many carry over points heading in to the finals.
Here's another incident where at the time I said "Jesus, Whitehead's led with his knees here" and then the penalty was blown. I wasn't surprised in the least.

Obviously gangers will tell us the onus should be on the tackled player to get out of the way of the Raiders' players knees, but I saw it differently live, as did the video ref on replay.
See this type of comment sparks my interest Rickman. So you're watching Raiders games and telling us all you're loving them, but clearly the entire game you're sitting there looking for things that Raiders fans might find contentious to find a way to argue against people on the internet during the week. It's a heck of a crusade you're on a the moment pal.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Definitely one of the ones that looks a bit different on a replay the next day
Looks penalty sufficient to me, wouldnt mind if they challenged it but the outcomes at the MRC are so random, it's probably easiest to just take it and move one... which is my major issue with the judicary system