Has Bateman lost his mongrel?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Re: Has Bateman lost his mongrel?

Post by pickles »

If I had to pick the 2 factors that have made the difference for he raiders this year the addition of Bateman would be number one close followed by the emergence of CNK.

He brings an insatiable desire to win and that has rubbed off on the whole team.

Earlier he was probably overplaying the aggressive side of things but he is now letting his football do the talking and it says a lot more than a spray or a facial.

Remember that in terms of results we have a better chance inning record with Hodgson out than Bateman. Let that sink in for a minute!

I think he is playing as tough and as smart as ever and keeping the stupid **** out
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Burgess was handing out penalties for facials last night. How’d that go for his team?
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

OLDSCHOOL wrote: August 4, 2019, 7:40 am Thanks Billy Walker for your reply and support.
I am only asking as a discussion point !
To me JB is the one of the best signings the Raiders have ever made and I am totally in support of the smaller more mobile player instead of the big fellas who can only play 20 on and 40 off.
My reference to the mongrel part is the niggling in the tackle as Billy Walker mentions.
To me he was giving a few facials while they were on the ground.
Bring back the biff !
As for general play he is a gun !
I'm sorry but this is just absolutely ridiculous. Facials and biff get players suspended. We don't need them and we don't want them. Bateman is infinitely more useful to us playing than he is suspended.

Besides, I like the idea of our team having integrity. Facials are not acceptable.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I just think it’s great to see Luke Bateman’s mum not only participating in the forum, but starting threads too!
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Surely people have cottoned on that OldSchool and Billy Walker are the same person
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

What a **** thread
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Hazza wrote: August 4, 2019, 10:26 pm Surely people have cottoned on that OldSchool and Billy Walker are the same person
I think people are on top of that, yes.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

OLDSCHOOL wrote: August 3, 2019, 6:01 pm Yes I know I am going to get crap put on me but has anyone else noticed that since John has come back from the fractured eye socket he seems to have lost the mongrel in defence.
I have heard Ricky had to pull him aside and tell him that if he kept the mongrel up he would be doing some time on the sideline suspended and that he was putting too much energy into the mongrel and tiring himself out too early so you need to back off a bit.
Personally I would prefer the mongrel back.
What do you think ?
I've read the thread, and I believe its been answered. So, my Q is, OLDSCHOOL, are you happy with the answers provided?
OLDSCHOOL
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by OLDSCHOOL »

Yes happy with answers. It is only a DISCUSSION NOT a criticism . Can’t rate JB highly enough. He has been one of the reasons why we are sitting second on the ladder !
Pickles comment above says what I am trying to DISCUSS.
Oh so I suppose I am now old school , billy walker and pickles now am I ?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Man, this OLDSCHOOL account has been resurrected from years ago!
OLDSCHOOL
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Gold Coast Raiders fans

Post by OLDSCHOOL »

Is there a plan to meet anywhere to watch the game on the Gold Coast ?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

JB was in a bad way with his back last night during the match. I don't know how long he has had the issue but he was one of the players recently rested so it may be a recurring injury. Hopefully the rehab this week will have him fit and firing for the final match of 2019.
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Re: Gold Coast Raiders fans

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

OLDSCHOOL wrote: September 28, 2019, 9:54 am Is there a plan to meet anywhere to watch the game on the Gold Coast ?
I’m keen for anything