Sid wrote:.
We've only won 4

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 21 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by GreenMachine »

I think the aim would be to win all remaining home games and beat either the sharks or storm away from home.
4 from the last 5 gives us a chance at 2nd spot.
Every ladder prediction I’ve done has us finishing 3rd and facing the Roosters away from home first week of the finals..
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

GreenMachine wrote: August 3, 2019, 5:27 pm Every ladder prediction I’ve done has us finishing 3rd and facing the Roosters away from home first week of the finals..
I feel like that's a decent case scenario. Roosters fans are lazy AF, we just all barge up the highway. Plus I feel pretty good about our chances.
Last edited by raiderskater on August 3, 2019, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

GreenMachine wrote: August 3, 2019, 5:27 pm I think the aim would be to win all remaining home games and beat either the sharks or storm away from home.
4 from the last 5 gives us a chance at 2nd spot.
Every ladder prediction I’ve done has us finishing 3rd and facing the Roosters away from home first week of the finals..
The ladder predictor doesn't load on my Dell computer.

If we do have to play away from home in Week 1 of the finals I would MUCH rather play the Roosters or Souths 'just up the road' that venture down to an extremely hostile situation down Melbourne way. So third would be so much better than fourth. haha probably getting ahead of myself, just focus on making the 4!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders part of a tale of two cities

The Canberra Raiders and the Melbourne Storm. Two-time premiership winner Luke Lewis says they're the two form teams of the NRL, with the Green Machine his smokey to win the competition.

"They're my smokeys to be honest. I really believe they can win the comp," Lewis said. "With the team that they've got from 1-17 the world's their oyster.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sidelined Canberra Raiders star’s relief: ‘It was so good to hear those words’

Three months ago, Joey Leilua woke up after delicate and life-changing spinal surgery. On Tuesday, the Canberra Raiders strike centre will be named to appear in his 200th first-grade game.

“The surgeon looked me over (10 days ago) and said, ‘You’re ready to go, if you want to’,” Leilua said.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 50e1f8d2c2

Yeew

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

:woot: :woot: :woot:

but also

:o :o :o
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Hmmm - big game to come back in, I guess he's worth the gamble if he plays like he was earlier in the year. Normally a rocks or diamonds guy is BJ but he was producing more of the latter and more disciplined before he got injured.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Great news.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Crazy to think Simonsson won't be playing FG again after how well he has played.

Someone mentioned that maybe the way to use him is having him on the bench like a Papanhuyzen impact player.

So the bench would be

14. Simonsson
15. Havili
16. Horsburgh
17. Lui

Given Tapine has been playing more minutes, Havili can spell him at lock. Bateman and Whitehead play 80 mins. I'd do it, at least until Sutton returns. At least we can cover all positions on the field for injuries.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

IBG wrote: August 3, 2019, 8:24 pm Crazy to think Simonsson won't be playing FG again after how well he has played.

Someone mentioned that maybe the way to use him is having him on the bench like a Papanhuyzen impact player.

So the bench would be

14. Simonsson
15. Havili
16. Horsburgh
17. Lui

Given Tapine has been playing more minutes, Havili can spell him at lock. Bateman and Whitehead play 80 mins. I'd do it, at least until Sutton returns. At least we can cover all positions on the field for injuries.
I agree about your point regarding Simonsson and first grade. He is a very talented outside back and I hope we have a plan to keep him playing and happy in the lime green..
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You can have as many plans as you like. The salary cap says screw your plans
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Hmmm I’m suddenly very interested in team list Tuesday! If Cotric and BJ are available I think we might see an unexpected selection twist. Be very interesting to see whether Ricky runs with proven experience or current red hot form.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hypothetically, if we bring in Cotric and BJ and the team doesn’t fire, what do you do? I don’t mean narrowly lose to a red hot roosters, I mean we go from world beaters against the Warriors to just plain clunky and misfiring in our next two games.

Heaven forbid this would happen, but out of interest, is there any scenario where consideration would be given to bringing in Oldie and Simmonsen over more fancied players?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The story says he's doing PBs in the gym on everything, including weights. No pain, no numbness. Surgeon says his neck is stronger than ever.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:29 pm The story says he's doing PBs in the gym on everything, including weights. No pain, no numbness. Surgeon says his neck is stronger than ever.
That’s scary! Do we know what caused the injury? Can it be linked back to a particular incident or was it the cumulative affect of many knocks?
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

No matter what happens tomorrow, with the Sharks winning tonight we will be 3rd at the worst. Long way to go but gee would be much happier if we can get 2nd or 3rd so we don't play Melbourne week 1.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

I think BJ in the 21 and then play from the bench against chooks
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

IBG wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:35 pm No matter what happens tomorrow, with the Sharks winning tonight we will be 3rd at the worst. Long way to go but gee would be much happier if we can get 2nd or 3rd so we don't play Melbourne week 1.
Agreed - we play the sharks in one of the final rounds and I think that's their last home game so it will be a tough outing for us
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:35 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:29 pm The story says he's doing PBs in the gym on everything, including weights. No pain, no numbness. Surgeon says his neck is stronger than ever.
That’s scary! Do we know what caused the injury? Can it be linked back to a particular incident or was it the cumulative affect of many knocks?
Just a bulging disc... if more pressure had been put on it, in a game, he could have been a quadriplegic. Could only walk 15 minutes a day after the surgery.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart driven by two years of Green Machine pain

Ricky Stuart is harnessing the negativity of two exasperating NRL seasons and turning it into a full-blown Canberra tilt at the 2019 crown.

"What's galvanised this group is handling all those tough periods over the last two years," Stuart said.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/stuart-dri ... 7cfdcfce51
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:44 pm
Just a bulging disc... if more pressure had been put on it, in a game, he could have been a quadriplegic. Could only walk 15 minutes a day after the surgery.
That’s an impressive recovery! I hope he picks up in the same form he was building
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Smart move bringing him in next week for inspirational purposes alone.

Imagine the roar when his name is read out. Plus it is his 200th so he gets to lead the boys out.

Tell me 16 other players won’t lift for that occasion!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Peter wrote: August 3, 2019, 10:10 pm Smart move bringing him in next week for inspirational purposes alone.

Imagine the roar when his name is read out. Plus it is his 200th so he gets to lead the boys out.

Tell me 16 other players won’t lift for that occasion!
I've got goosebumps just thinking about it!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Pumped to see him back.
This is a huge game for us. A win would really stamp us a contenders and continue to build the beleif in the squad
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Roosters will no doubt beat the Titans tomorrow. But they'll have to do it by 18 or more to push us into third. At the very worst, we've moved up one place, into third, on points differential. And next week is definitely a battle for second place now.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 10:38 pm The Roosters will no doubt beat the Titans tomorrow. But they'll have to do it by 18 or more to push us into third. At the very worst, we've moved up one place, into third, on points differential. And next week is definitely a battle for second place now.
I felt dirty wanting the Sharks to win tonight, but I am definitely not as reticent about cheering for the Titans tomorrow.

I feel terrible for Simonssen, who has been so amazing. I hope the club has plans to properly honour the work of our reserve players this year. Without the quality of our reserves...

Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:44 pm
I seem to recall a crusher tackle in manly game which I believe was the game he played. If my memory is correct it may have been a contributing factor.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

It would be nice if the Titans sprung an upset for once in their miserable lives 😂
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Azza wrote:It would be nice if the Titans sprung an upset for once in their miserable lives Image
Yes, yes it would.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Where do you think we will finish, Stephen?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Second.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

What other PBs in the gym is he doing, besides weights?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

EJ wrote: August 4, 2019, 12:18 am
What other PBs in the gym is he doing, besides weights?
I’m guessing he’s not big on cryptic crosswords.