Total votes: 14

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by dubby »

That is one hell of a spray.
Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Full credit to the bloke sitting there. His eyes dart up to follow the 'towel kicked' and not even a wry smile. Very impressive.
Kearney has lost that dressing room, nobody gives a hoot about what his gibbering about.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: August 3, 2019, 7:36 am
Full credit to the bloke sitting there. His eyes dart up to follow the 'towel kicked' and not even a wry smile. Very impressive.
Kearney has lost that dressing room, nobody gives a hoot about what his gibbering about.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Not taking anything away from our very impressive professional effort last night night but I have to say it was a pretty meek performance by the warriors. I recall Bunty Afoa winding up like he was chasing the ice cream van once or twice but other than that it was marshmallow soft. Just the sort of ‘comfortable’ game we needed!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Just watched the replay of the last try again.. does Wighton palm away Guler?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: August 3, 2019, 7:04 am Did the Warriors end up winning the penalty count ?

It's important...
Yes they did. Put the Warriors on the scoreboard.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Sid wrote: August 3, 2019, 8:06 am Just watched the replay of the last try again.. does Wighton palm away Guler? Image
I noticed that haha - hope he gets a stat for it.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Seiffert82 wrote:
BJ wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:01 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Why the **** was that Oldfield try disallowed!!! Terrible decision.
These are the advantage of a high quality TV. It was the correct decision with a double touch.
Oldfield was going for the ball at the same time the Warriors defender put his hand on the pill. It all happened in a fraction of a second. There was no way Oldfield actually had control and knocked that ball on.
Don’t even need a good tv. Clearly the right call on my rubbish one.

Desperately unlucky that the Warrior managed to sneak his hand in and get a touch while he was taking control of the ball. Good desperation in defence.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Hodgson was absolute class. The great thing about his play is he is better off a quick play the ball but doesn’t actually need one - he is effective off slow play the balls too. His service out of dummy half - just incredible. Hits 20m left to right spirals just in front of the playmakers. It means our halves can stand a little wider and gives them more space to operate in.

I thought Guler and Horsburgh were good too but Tapine was the absolute standout in the forwards. There is no doubt Stuart has been handling his work load and trying to get him to string a few games together. The guy is an absolute weapon.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

afgtnk wrote: Not just yet - Broncos still it in technically.
Interesting. I had expected that the interplay between teams in the 8 would have meant it was not possible for all the teams below to jump the Raiders... but it actually still is at this point.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:27 am
greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:19 am
zim wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:16 am
greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:12 am What cupboard destruction?
Watch Horsburgh banging the cupboard door.
Can I have a screen shot of it?
It's hard to get right on and he has a funny reaction after it happens but that is the timestamp and the door falling off.

Now I see it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 8:31 am
zim wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:16 am
greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:12 am What cupboard destruction?
Watch Horsburgh banging the cupboard door.
It's hard to get right on and he has a funny reaction after it happens but that is the timestamp and the door falling off.

Now I see it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let’s hope his play keeps improving like the last Raider to break a door :roflmao
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

dubby wrote: August 3, 2019, 5:51 am I thought the refs had a good game

I don't agree. They clearly spent the whole first half too afraid of the crowd to penalise the Warriors for the large number of ruck infringements.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

raiderskater wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:16 am

I don't agree. They clearly spent the whole first half too afraid of the crowd to penalise the Warriors for the large number of ruck infringements.
I generally avoid the ref discussions but I’ll give it a crack. Rugby league has some rules that are black and white - for instance was a players foot inside the line or touching the line. But mostly, the rules do come down to interpretation. What some might say was slowing the play the ball others might say was fine. My definition of a good refereeing performance is one where the refs calls, or non calls don’t impact the flow of the game or the result. I agree with Dubby that the refs were good last night. They didn’t get every call right, I recall we benefited from a forward pass let go from Hodgo to Croker in the lead up to a try and I thought we missed out on a clear penalty when Croker was taken high. Neither were howlers. The Lui strip could have gone either way but again not a big deal. At the end of the day if there is ever a game where we feel we got every call that could have possibly gone our way it is a fair assumption that the refs have officiated a one sided match in our favour. You’re entitled to your view and I’m not going to give you grief for it, but I think Dubby is right - the refs were quite good last night in my view.
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

Whoever was mentioning all week that Tapine was going to have a blinder- correct call!
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

gangrenous wrote: August 3, 2019, 8:27 am
Interesting. I had expected that the interplay between teams in the 8 would have meant it was not possible for all the teams below to jump the Raiders... but it actually still is at this point.
28 has been the magic number to make the finals for years and that was with 4 points included for two byes. With only one bye, many are tipping the eighth team may sneak in with 26 or 27 points this year. We are at 28 with 5 rounds to play and will not be getting lapped by all those teams to crash out of the finals.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

luffraider wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:39 am Whoever was mentioning all week that Tapine was going to have a blinder- correct call!
#beastmode
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

Hodgson and Tapine were superb.

Hodgson is better than Cam Smith at the moment...his deception out of dummy half is superior as is his passing service (especially the long ball). Add the steals in and it's a no-brainer.

Tapine was a gun today. Post-contact metres were immense. He made a run in the 2nd half on the left edge and took 20+ metres no sweat...I really think Stick needs to play him in on the edge in attack. Elliot and J. Bateman work well with our halves on the edges in defense, but in attack, Tapine's exquisite footwork is wasted slogging it through the middle.

This is perhaps going to get me some harsh words, but I'm sorry...I just can't see what the fuss about Hors is about. All I see is a raw youngster; he's got no footwork, no speed, a poor motor, and to top it off, an error-prone temperament. I'm willing to be convinced...what am I missing here?

Great to see the boys playing for each other. A joy to watch.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Green Blogger wrote:
gangrenous wrote: August 3, 2019, 8:27 am
28 has been the magic number to make the finals for years and that was with 4 points included for two byes. With only one bye, many are tipping the eighth team may sneak in with 26 or 27 points this year. We are at 28 with 5 rounds to play and will not be getting lapped by all those teams to crash out of the finals.
I agree we’re not going to, just expressing my surprise that it is still technically possible.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Billy Walker wrote:
raiderskater wrote: August 3, 2019, 9:16 am

I generally avoid the ref discussions but I’ll give it a crack. Rugby league has some rules that are black and white - for instance was a players foot inside the line or touching the line. But mostly, the rules do come down to interpretation. What some might say was slowing the play the ball others might say was fine. My definition of a good refereeing performance is one where the refs calls, or non calls don’t impact the flow of the game or the result. I agree with Dubby that the refs were good last night. They didn’t get every call right, I recall we benefited from a forward pass let go from Hodgo to Croker in the lead up to a try and I thought we missed out on a clear penalty when Croker was taken high. Neither were howlers. The Lui strip could have gone either way but again not a big deal. At the end of the day if there is ever a game where we feel we got every call that could have possibly gone our way it is a fair assumption that the refs have officiated a one sided match in our favour. You’re entitled to your view and I’m not going to give you grief for it, but I think Dubby is right - the refs were quite good last night in my view.
You generally avoid the ref discussions?

You need to note that Someone must be hacking into your account and providing support for referees decisions on a regular basis.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Coastalraider wrote:
greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2019, 8:31 am
zim wrote: August 3, 2019, 1:16 am Watch Horsburgh banging the cupboard door.

Now I see it! Image Image Image
Let’s hope his play keeps improving like the last Raider to break a door :roflmao
I hope the mrc don't see this! That could be 8 weeks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hors was great last night
He’s really providing us with some go forward off the bench in Papa’s absence
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

In the battle of the hyphenated fullbacks I thought our hyphen had more impact on the game than their hyphen. Like Australia, NZ now have choice between first class players at the back. I know only one of them has a Dally M so far, but I would not swap our hyphen for the Warriors hyphen.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Watching again!

That shot on Bateman's ribs was such a dog shot.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Oooof that team try was six rounds of epic cool.

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Wow. Simonssen is EPIC.

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

I don't care what happens the next 2 games, this side is definitely the real deal. I don't necessarily think we have to win both games to prove that. We've proven over 20 rds we're the real deal. It's what we do in the semis that matters. If we play our best football I'm confident against anyone.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Very happy with how the attack is coming together. Until the St.George game we were defending very well but attack was clunky. Now we're really destroying sides. Granted warriors were awful but it's as well as we've attacked all year.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Yeh we put the cue in the rack here lol

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Someone on reddit was nice enough to .gif up the Horsburgh and Wighton post match celebrations:
https://gfycat.com/windingflashyamazontreeboa
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

God, I'm proud of them.

Even if Jacky boy gives me a heart attack when he decides to backflip like that. I'm terrified one day that's going to end badly.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

I love how his face goes "oh shoot" for like half a second and then he's like "oh well, keep celebrating!"

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

I especially liked Wightons fend on guler for the last try lol

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Neeeegz wrote: August 3, 2019, 5:16 pm I especially liked Wightons fend on guler for the last try lol

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I laughed so hard, I hope that clip was shown to the lads on the trip home :roflmao

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

gangrenous wrote: August 3, 2019, 8:23 am
Seiffert82 wrote:
BJ wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:01 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Why the **** was that Oldfield try disallowed!!! Terrible decision.
These are the advantage of a high quality TV. It was the correct decision with a double touch.
Oldfield was going for the ball at the same time the Warriors defender put his hand on the pill. It all happened in a fraction of a second. There was no way Oldfield actually had control and knocked that ball on.
Don’t even need a good tv. Clearly the right call on my rubbish one.

Desperately unlucky that the Warrior managed to sneak his hand in and get a touch while he was taking control of the ball. Good desperation in defence.
Yeah, fair enough. It seemed quite simultaneous to me as both players were going for the ball.

Anyway, all good.