2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win?

Raiders 13+
6
43%
Raiders 1-12
4
29%
Draw
1
7%
Warriors 1-12
2
14%
Warriors 13+
1
7%
 
Total votes: 14

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:00 pm

yeh raiders wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:57 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:56 pm
What are we going to argue about after that?
Obviously Croker?
Nah there wasn’t a bad player in green tonight.

Oldie and Simmonsen are really looking the part. I wouldn’t be taking risks with BJ. That’s a nicely balanced team we have at the moment

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by PigRickman » August 2, 2019, 8:01 pm

gergreg wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:00 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:55 pm
Why the **** was that Oldfield try disallowed!!! Terrible decision.
He didn't lose control of the ball. Tough call I thought.
It was clearly the correct call, unlucky and a try that would have stood 20 years ago before video replay, but he clearly knocks it into the warriors player
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3673
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by BJ » August 2, 2019, 8:01 pm

Seiffert82 wrote:Why the **** was that Oldfield try disallowed!!! Terrible decision.
These are the advantage of a high quality TV. It was the correct decision with a double touch.


Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:02 pm

-GD- wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:58 pm
Billy Walker wrote:What are we going to argue about after that?
Where to fit Joey, Cotric and Sutton into the 17.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d say leave it to Ricky to make those calls and back what he decides - he hasn’t made too many bad calls in 2019!

Raidersteve
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Posts: 58
Joined: March 12, 2008, 4:59 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Raidersteve » August 2, 2019, 8:03 pm

-TW- wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:59 pm
Now for the storm to pump the Broncos and this will be an excellent evening

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Whilst I hate both teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Storm loose again to close the gap on the ladder a little and dent their confidence.

User avatar
Junior
David Grant
Posts: 778
Joined: August 16, 2012, 1:50 pm
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Junior » August 2, 2019, 8:03 pm

Another great win.
Great defence and actually they put a team away.
Also how great is it or to worry about the position on the ladder (around 8th) and looking at other results. Also our for and against with

User avatar
Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19362
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Dr Zaius » August 2, 2019, 8:04 pm

And now to cap off the night, hopefully watch Melbourne destroy Brisbane. Not because I enjoy watching Melbourne win, I don't. Because I enjoy watching Brisbane being destroyed.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15129
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by yeh raiders » August 2, 2019, 8:04 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:00 pm
yeh raiders wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:57 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:56 pm
What are we going to argue about after that?
Obviously Croker?
Nah there wasn’t a bad player in green tonight.

Oldie and Simmonsen are really looking the part. I wouldn’t be taking risks with BJ. That’s a nicely balanced team we have at the moment
Was just pulling your leg. But yep they’re going good

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:05 pm

Raidersteve wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:03 pm
-TW- wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:59 pm
Now for the storm to pump the Broncos and this will be an excellent evening

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Whilst I hate both teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Storm loose again to close the gap on the ladder a little and dent their confidence.
Nah I’m not liking the way that Broncos team is shaping up. They have some talent there. They won’t win it but they could knock you out in a final. I’d rather see them drop out I think

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by PigRickman » August 2, 2019, 8:07 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:05 pm
Raidersteve wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:03 pm
-TW- wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:59 pm
Now for the storm to pump the Broncos and this will be an excellent evening

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Whilst I hate both teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Storm loose again to close the gap on the ladder a little and dent their confidence.
Nah I’m not liking the way that Broncos team is shaping up. They have some talent there. They won’t win it but they could knock you out in a final. I’d rather see them drop out I think
na, we'll beat them like they owe us money.
Stop worrying about it guys, there is 2 maybe 3 teams in this comp we have to worry about. And we're one of the 2-3 they have to worry about.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

LastRaider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1377
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by LastRaider » August 2, 2019, 8:07 pm

Billy Walker wrote:Hodgo was immense but I can’t easily recall too many better games from Sezer either
Sezer was dominant in the first half but the second I felt he fell away... wasn’t as present

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:10 pm

Tarps hasn’t been out of form but he also hasn’t been killing it the last few game. Really happy to see his first half tonight- really top shelf!

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22635
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Northern Raider » August 2, 2019, 8:10 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:05 pm
Raidersteve wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:03 pm
-TW- wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:59 pm
Now for the storm to pump the Broncos and this will be an excellent evening

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Whilst I hate both teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Storm loose again to close the gap on the ladder a little and dent their confidence.
Nah I’m not liking the way that Broncos team is shaping up. They have some talent there. They won’t win it but they could knock you out in a final. I’d rather see them drop out I think
Been impressive beating teams sitting 15th and 16th on the ladder.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
afgtnk
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6279
Joined: April 7, 2007, 1:45 am
Favourite Player: Jersh McCrerne
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by afgtnk » August 2, 2019, 8:12 pm

LastRaider wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:07 pm
Billy Walker wrote:Hodgo was immense but I can’t easily recall too many better games from Sezer either
Sezer was dominant in the first half but the second I felt he fell away... wasn’t as present
Thought Sezer was pretty good but he didn't do anything that Jack didn't. Jack did the majority of the kicking too and was threatening the entire night

No one better than Hodgo though, heads and shoulders above the rest. Trailing him was Tapine, who I thought looked like SBW in his prime tonight

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:13 pm

Northern Raider wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:10 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:05 pm
Raidersteve wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:03 pm
-TW- wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:59 pm
Now for the storm to pump the Broncos and this will be an excellent evening

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Whilst I hate both teams I wouldn't mind seeing the Storm loose again to close the gap on the ladder a little and dent their confidence.
Nah I’m not liking the way that Broncos team is shaping up. They have some talent there. They won’t win it but they could knock you out in a final. I’d rather see them drop out I think
Been impressive beating teams sitting 15th and 16th on the ladder.
I reckon there would be easier teams to meet week one in the finals but confident we’d roll them regardless

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30148
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by -TW- » August 2, 2019, 8:13 pm

Saw that Tapine try again

Oh boy, excuse me for a moment..

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:14 pm

Who kicked the 40/20 - was it Hodgo?

User avatar
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1328
Joined: June 26, 2010, 6:21 pm
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by rolhai » August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

Billy Walker wrote:Who kicked the 40/20 - was it Hodgo?
Sezer I'm pretty sure

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY

User avatar
Coastalraider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1829
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Coastalraider » August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

PigRickman wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:46 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:44 pm
PigRickman wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:43 pm
Timbo wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:42 pm
Is anyone else furious that we’d be up fifty-nil if it wasn’t for these two refs doing their best for Auckland because of what happened last week?
No. Not even a little bit
I’m over the moon that we’ve been so **** good that it wouldn’t matter what they did, this warriors team can’t hang with us
Its also the sort of soul destroying loss that makes the last round match against them at home a little easier
Indeed
Let’s not forget we got a try off a very bad forward pass
We haven’t got a lot of calls and it hasn’t remotely mattered
This team is built differently
And I don’t think we got out of second gear.

Exceptionally professional performance.

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

I can’t drop Hors off that bench. He was solid and came up with some great offloads.

User avatar
Ruben Daley
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1614
Joined: June 13, 2007, 4:52 pm
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Ruben Daley » August 2, 2019, 8:17 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:14 pm
Who kicked the 40/20 - was it Hodgo?
Sezer. In his ‘quiet’ second half. Guy smashed it again.

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:18 pm

Coastalraider wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm
PigRickman wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:46 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:44 pm
PigRickman wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:43 pm
Timbo wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:42 pm
Is anyone else furious that we’d be up fifty-nil if it wasn’t for these two refs doing their best for Auckland because of what happened last week?
No. Not even a little bit
I’m over the moon that we’ve been so **** good that it wouldn’t matter what they did, this warriors team can’t hang with us
Its also the sort of soul destroying loss that makes the last round match against them at home a little easier
Indeed
Let’s not forget we got a try off a very bad forward pass
We haven’t got a lot of calls and it hasn’t remotely mattered
This team is built differently
And I don’t think we got out of second gear.

Exceptionally professional performance.
It was like being in the early 90s I tell ya!

Raidersteve
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Posts: 58
Joined: March 12, 2008, 4:59 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Raidersteve » August 2, 2019, 8:18 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:00 pm
yeh raiders wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:57 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:56 pm
What are we going to argue about after that?
Obviously Croker?
Nah there wasn’t a bad player in green tonight.

Oldie and Simmonsen are really looking the part. I wouldn’t be taking risks with BJ. That’s a nicely balanced team we have at the moment
Whilst I agree we have a balanced side at the moment. Oldfield will drop off next week for Cotric and Simmonsen will likely drop out for BJ when he is ready (if BJ is going to be fit to play this year they will want to give him game time before the finals).

Whilst Simmonsen and Oldfield have both been great and have done nothing wrong Cotric and BJ are bigger weapons for the team and when fit are in our starting side. It is great to have quality depth.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25148
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by PigRickman » August 2, 2019, 8:21 pm

Coastalraider wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

And I don’t think we got out of second gear.

Exceptionally professional performance.
We rev'd it in 2nd and might lurched int 3rd in the back end of the first half, but we just idled out way to a win in the second.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17611
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by -PJ- » August 2, 2019, 8:23 pm

rolhai wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm
Billy Walker wrote:Who kicked the 40/20 - was it Hodgo?
Sezer I'm pretty sure

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Into a mighty breeze as well.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17611
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by -PJ- » August 2, 2019, 8:25 pm

Hey Joseph Tapine !!

Great game brother..massive minutes, massive performance.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Ultima
Steve Walters
Posts: 7656
Joined: January 18, 2005, 9:46 pm
Favourite Player: Croker
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Ultima » August 2, 2019, 8:26 pm

Watching the Storm V Broncos game right now, we would have destroyed the Storm tonight too, they are looking like garbage, loving it!
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:26 pm

Raidersteve wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:18 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:00 pm
yeh raiders wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:57 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 7:56 pm
What are we going to argue about after that?
Obviously Croker?
Nah there wasn’t a bad player in green tonight.

Oldie and Simmonsen are really looking the part. I wouldn’t be taking risks with BJ. That’s a nicely balanced team we have at the moment
Whilst I agree we have a balanced side at the moment. Oldfield will drop off next week for Cotric and Simmonsen will likely drop out for BJ when he is ready (if BJ is going to be fit to play this year they will want to give him game time before the finals).

Whilst Simmonsen and Oldfield have both been great and have done nothing wrong Cotric and BJ are bigger weapons for the team and when fit are in our starting side. It is great to have quality depth.
Agree BJ and Cotric are greater attacking weapons but do you tinker with what’s working? I guess you do but geez - I’m comfortable swapping Oldie out despite his great form but I’m loving what Simmonsen is throwing up. Do we really gain lots replacing him?

User avatar
Ultima
Steve Walters
Posts: 7656
Joined: January 18, 2005, 9:46 pm
Favourite Player: Croker
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Ultima » August 2, 2019, 8:27 pm

rolhai wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm
Billy Walker wrote:Who kicked the 40/20 - was it Hodgo?
Sezer I'm pretty sure

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
It was Sezer yes.
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!

User avatar
1992
John Ferguson
Posts: 2861
Joined: April 24, 2011, 4:08 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by 1992 » August 2, 2019, 8:32 pm

Simmonsen is a first grade winger; as is Oldfield.

My old man got let go after 26 faithful years. We can not let emotions get in the way of glory. If Cotric and BJ are fit, they play.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN

User avatar
GreenMachine
Gary Coyne
Posts: 114
Joined: April 13, 2005, 2:22 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by GreenMachine » August 2, 2019, 8:34 pm

Sezer was fantastic today.
Hodgson had the ball on a string!
I loved Red Horses contribution today and thought Joey Tapine had his best performance in a while. He was clearly in managed minutes.

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2305
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker » August 2, 2019, 8:37 pm

1992 wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:32 pm
Simmonsen is a first grade winger; as is Oldfield.

My old man got let go after 26 faithful years. We can not let emotions get in the way of glory. If Cotric and BJ are fit, they play.
Who is your old man 1992?

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17611
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by -PJ- » August 2, 2019, 8:38 pm

Somebody better call 000

The Raiders are on fire.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
kiwi raider
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6943
Joined: March 31, 2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by kiwi raider » August 2, 2019, 8:38 pm

Think whitehead left the field after clutching an ankle, hopefully he pulls up ok.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17611
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by -PJ- » August 2, 2019, 8:38 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:37 pm
1992 wrote:
August 2, 2019, 8:32 pm
Simmonsen is a first grade winger; as is Oldfield.

My old man got let go after 26 faithful years. We can not let emotions get in the way of glory. If Cotric and BJ are fit, they play.
Who is your old man 1992?
Mr.1992
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

Post Reply