Warriors 13+
7%

Total votes: 14

sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by sprintman »

Anybody thinking Sutton will struggle to get back into this team?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

sprintman wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:39 pm Anybody thinking Sutton will struggle to get back into this team?
Nah but Hudson Young might have problems. I’d have Sutton in for Guler. If it were me I’d be looking at Young over Havilli but I know there isn’t much love for that proposal on here.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

sprintman wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:39 pm Anybody thinking Sutton will struggle to get back into this team?
Not at all. Like our young kids, but Sutto is excellent. He'll come back in straight away when healthy and up it cardio wise. Good competition for spots though with Guler, Hors and Young
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Nah, he replaces Guler
sprintman wrote:Anybody thinking Sutton will struggle to get back into this team?
Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Superb performance 👌
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Hors and Lui are proving to be really good value off the bench. Their different styles compliment each other.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Clinical win. If they can keep this standard up they are genuine GF contenders!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Lui has been good for years.

He's looking better because we're winning more.

How good was Sia's try? Made my day

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

BJ wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:51 pm Hors and Lui are proving to be really good value off the bench. Their different styles compliment each other.
Horse getting better all the time. Becoming more familiar with the pace of the game and cutting out the loose errors.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

dubby wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:52 pm Lui has been good for years.

Yeah Lui is solid - stuffed up a strip on the 5th but hasn’t dropped a ball in weeks and works hard.

Sia is awesome- - this is all shaping very nicely!
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

I know I shouldnt be complaining after a win like that, but I was a bit disappointed with the 2nd half.... we only just won it 16-12, and a 50 point win was on the cards.
I wonder if Des still thinks its a 3 horse race... any one of the top 5 can win it, and that includes us, now 2nd :D
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Wow, what a game. Took the refs out of the equation in very impressive fashion.

Going to be a fun ride to the end of the season! Critical F/A as well. Really need that top 4 spot and ideally not 4th and travelling to Melbourne...
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Canberra Raiders flog New Zealand Warriors in Josh Hodgson's 100th

It's something the Canberra Raiders want to be known for - honouring milestones for their teammates. And they couldn't have done it much better for co-captain Josh Hodgson's 100th NRL game - flogging the New Zealand Warriors 46-12 at Mt Smart Stadium on Friday night.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 46 (Bailey Simonsson 2, Sia Soliola, Josh Papalii, Michael Oldfield, Joe Tapine, Josh Hodgson, Jack Wighton tries; Jarrod Croker 6, Soliola goals) bt NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 12 (Chanel Harris-Tavita 2 tries; Harris-Tavita 2 goals) at Mt Smart Stadium. Referees: Matt Cecchin, Gavin Badger. Crowd: 10,395.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders set up top-four title fight against Sydney Roosters: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH REPORT: Raiders run riot as Warriors crumble at home: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... e-at-home/

Green Machine can still find another gear: Bateman: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/02/rai ... emolition/

Shattered Kearney admits he never saw disaster coming: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/02/sha ... er-coming/

Round 20: Team Song: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... team-song/
Last edited by The Greenhouse on August 2, 2019, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

dubby wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:52 pm Lui has been good for years.

He definitely raised his effectiveness last half of last year and further this year.

When he was going better than Paulo and Boyd last year I (and many perhaps) put it down to how crap those two were going and didn't quite appreciate his improvement. But he's gone better and better coming back from that ACL.

This year it's standing out even more. I wouldn't mind if he put the strip away for a while though. I can see it being policed more harshly with a "rub it out" attitude and he doesn't have the big name to get away with 50/50s.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

Great game. Team is rolling and great to watch. Strong depth, all competing to hold their spots.

How good is it to get a strong win out of the way on Friday night and have the weekend to relax?
rraided
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by rraided »

Surely Simonsen can't be dropped, regardless if Bj is fit or not. That kid hasn't put a foot wrong since his debut for us and lets be honest, the same can't be said about many of in current backline (maybe with the exception of CNK).
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Blogger »

Jack Wighton backflip in the team song - classic. Years gone by he would have tripped and broken a toe!
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

raiderskater wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 6:01 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 2, 2019, 5:42 pm Ooof, I am so nervous. But I foolishly made a promise to a friend that I must keep so I will only see the first half tonight.

I hope that is enough...
What sort of lead would you need to feel comfortable?
30. I would probably still be nervous at anything less.
Got to here and had to quote this well done Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

Green Blogger wrote:Jack Wighton backflip in the team song - classic. Years gone by he would have tripped and broken a toe!
That was an impressive standing backflip!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

rraided wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:02 pm Surely Simonsen can't be dropped, regardless if Bj is fit or not. That kid hasn't put a foot wrong since his debut for us and lets be honest, the same can't be said about many of in current backline (maybe with the exception of CNK).
Given the nature of BJs injury he might have a game or 2 at Mounties before he returns to NRL.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Damn Storm are killing my buzz :cry:
touching up the donkeys.... makes it harder for a minor premiership
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Walter wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:16 pm
Green Blogger wrote:Jack Wighton backflip in the team song - classic. Years gone by he would have tripped and broken a toe!
That was an impressive standing backflip!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I’ve got bad images of Jack breaking both his toe and Hodgo’s jaw in a single flip....
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Has to listen to the first half on the radio but saw most of the second half and was very impressed with what we were doing. Our defence was still very strong across the park but our attack looked so much better.

It seems to be that Hodgson is playing like a half from 9 and getting the ball wide to sezer and wighton quickly which is creating space on the edges.

The passes were hitting the marks and players were hitting the ball at pace. It was great to watch and was causing all sorts of problems.

Both the warriors tries came from late offloads close to the line so we need to keep an eye on that!

Very impressive effort on the short turn around in NZ. Now we get a good break before back to back block busters. We have positioned ourselves perfectly to take these games on and we have a chance to win one or both if we play our best footy.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

pickles wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:29 pm Has to listen to the first half on the radio but saw most of the second half and was very impressed with what we were doing. Our defence was still very strong across the park but our attack looked so much better.

It seems to be that Hodgson is playing like a half from 9 and getting the ball wide to sezer and wighton quickly which is creating space on the edges.

The passes were hitting the marks and players were hitting the ball at pace. It was great to watch and was causing all sorts of problems.

Both the warriors tries came from late offloads close to the line so we need to keep an eye on that!

Very impressive effort on the short turn around in NZ. Now we get a good break before back to back block busters. We have positioned ourselves perfectly to take these games on and we have a chance to win one or both if we play our best footy.
Do yourself a favour and find a replay of the first half. You won’t be disappointed!
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Billy Walker wrote:
pickles wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:29 pm Has to listen to the first half on the radio but saw most of the second half and was very impressed with what we were doing. Our defence was still very strong across the park but our attack looked so much better.

Do yourself a favour and find a replay of the first half. You won’t be disappointed!
I have Kayo so I’ll be watching it shortly!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Position by position I’m not sure I could the points to any Warriors player over his opposite. I thought CNK had a better game than RTS and man for man I reckon we won every position
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gee I enjoyed that, took the horror refereeing right out of it
Edrick The Entertainer
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I said in 2016 it was exceptionally rare for an entire team to be in career best form.

I think it’s happening again. Croker is a little off 2016, as is Rapa I think (both are still playing very good footy) but it’s hard to argue that everyone else out there tonight is at their peak. It’s very special to behold.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Billy Walker wrote:Position by position I’m not sure I could the points to any Warriors player over his opposite. I thought CNK had a better game than RTS and man for man I reckon we won every position
Maybe I’ll give both Momolo and Rapana a 7/10 but I cannot think of another remotely close call. Hiku was pretty good maybe. I

Even if I rounded the hookers up to the nearest 10, I’d still have Hodgson winning that scalp.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Coastalraider wrote: August 2, 2019, 8:16 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 2, 2019, 7:46 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 2, 2019, 7:44 pm
PigRickman wrote: August 2, 2019, 7:43 pm
Timbo wrote: August 2, 2019, 7:42 pm Is anyone else furious that we’d be up fifty-nil if it wasn’t for these two refs doing their best for Auckland because of what happened last week?
No. Not even a little bit
I’m over the moon that we’ve been so **** good that it wouldn’t matter what they did, this warriors team can’t hang with us
Its also the sort of soul destroying loss that makes the last round match against them at home a little easier
Indeed
Let’s not forget we got a try off a very bad forward pass
We haven’t got a lot of calls and it hasn’t remotely mattered
This team is built differently
And I don’t think we got out of second gear.

Exceptionally professional performance.
Exactly, great effort!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I love how Corey Parker missed the cue that we are talking about the Raiders at the moment... He's one of the worst "pundits" EVER.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

A dominant win in a game off a five day turn around, involving international travel, against a team fighting for the eight fresh off a game where dubious ref calls got them and refs clearly had it on their minds to not influence this game. Not behd
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Mission Accomplished = 2 competition points. Two wins in 5 days to now be on 28 competition points. Very comprehensive performance tonight and hats off to Sticky for taking Hodgo from the field early. Good to get the player of the match off the park and not risk injury when the real tests for the side start next week against the Chooks. They are a huge lift in class over the sides we have played recently. But as for tonight, very impressive. We still have problems locking up the football as the two Warriors tries showed, but I'm sure the defensive focus which has got us into this position on the competition ladder will again be emphasised through the week.

Hats off to Sia, not only did he run around RTS for his try from 30 meters out, but he then kicked the final conversion. He had a fine match.
Oldfield played well, but Nic should be straight back into that right center position opposed to Mitchell next week.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

rraided wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:02 pm Surely Simonsen can't be dropped, regardless if Bj is fit or not. That kid hasn't put a foot wrong since his debut for us and lets be honest, the same can't be said about many of in current backline (maybe with the exception of CNK).
BJ is a world class centre and is one of the first names on the team sheet. Simonmsen has been excellent cover but he isn’t fit to shine BJ’s boots. Still young and plenty of potential but let’s not get carried away comparing him with a true marquee like BJ.