Warriors 13+
No votes

Total votes: 16

Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Woodgers »

Dusty wrote: July 30, 2019, 4:31 pm Anyone expect Hudson Young to come back in? For Guler maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
I don't know about changing the side after a win like that but I like it. Honestly for workrate and intensity I would consider Hudson even starting for Tapine and either just getting him to gas himself for 20 odd minutes working his guts out down the track, or putting him on for 30 at right edge and putting Bateman in the middle. Then use Tapine as a tool off the bench. As others have said, he needs something to change up for him at the moment.

Nothing against Guler, he's been going OK for us but I think this week on the short turnaround we need to bring in some energy and agility and that wouldn't be a bad one.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: July 30, 2019, 9:11 pm Looked intentional to me. It didn't look like a natural movement, as in he was getting to his feet and tried to make it appear to be accidental, but still looked deliberate. But again looking at other incidents in the game it didn't deserve a charge and compared to McGuire's two eye gouges it is a nothing incident.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Hoo boy!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: July 30, 2019, 9:11 pm Looked intentional to me. It didn't look like a natural movement, as in he was getting to his feet and tried to make it appear to be accidental, but still looked deliberate. But again looking at other incidents in the game it didn't deserve a charge and compared to McGuire's two eye gouges it is a nothing incident.

Im with you on this.

I thought it looked pretty odd and not a natural movement at all. But it wasnt worth a charge, i can see why the judicary would want to try and charge it because of the nature of the action but it's basically just a love tap. There was nothing significant in it to warrent a charge, but if he'd been penalised i wouldnt have had an issue.

I think they got it right here.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:

Im with you on this.
I thought it looked pretty odd and not a natural movement at all. But it wasnt worth a charge, i can see why the judicary would want to try and charge it because of the nature of the action but it's basically just a love tap. There was nothing significant in it to warrent a charge, but if he'd been penalised i wouldnt have had an issue.

I think they got it right here.
It kind of looked like a 'get under your skin' move. I'm not sure of when it occurred in the match but there were a few little niggles.
Our soap dodgers seem to have it in for Penrith. On a slightly related note, just saw some of the highlights on Over the black dot and they showed Bateman's 1-on-1 strip and then Maloney tries to strip it straight back off him, and Bateman just yanks his arm free and gives him a shove in the back. Makes me smile every time I see it.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah the poms love the grubby stuff.
I do too, it's how i played as a total **** bum to over compensate for my lack of talent!

Whitehead, Bateman and Hodgo in particular love to just poke and prod and niggle. This was one of those, just a harmless niggly bit of ****. Could have been penalised if he did it at the wrong moment.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Luke suspended for three games after unsuccessful downgrade

Issac Luke will likely have just three games left in Warriors colours after his unsuccessful challenge of a dangerous tackle charge landed him a three-week ban at the judiciary. Luke will be sidelined for Friday's critical clash with Canberra.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/30/luk ... downgrade/
Go home NRL, you're drunk.

Yet old mate Trbojevic gets nothing

Some **** consistency would be good

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: July 30, 2019, 8:36 pm Canberra Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead completely exonerated of contrary conduct charge

Elliott Whitehead has been found not guilty at tonight's judiciary hearing. Whitehead had been charged with a Grade 1 Contrary Conduct charge. He faced a $1,150 fine with an early plea but has been exonerated.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... whitehead/
Right outcome for a nothing incident.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Shut down RTS and Blake Green we shut down the warriors.
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders brace for hostile New Zealand Warriors reception in Auckland

The Canberra Raiders have been warned to expect an ambush in Auckland after the New Zealand Warriors put a target on the Green Machine this week.

"It's always a tough place to come, it's similar to Penrith in a lot of ways," Josh Hodgson said. "They always get a decent turn out and you're going to have to be on your game to get the two points.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstadstill checks the team list to make sure his name is there

He's been labelled one of the best success stories of the 2019 season but Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad still checks the team list every week to make sure his name is there.

"I thought I really hope I get to play round 20 against the Warriors, that would be cool as," Nicoll-Klokstad said. "I thought 20 rounds should be enough to get into the team. To play as many games as I have this year I'm so blessed and lucky to be in this position.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/31/hes ... ge-to-rts/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... -warriors/

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Joey Leilua and Bill Harrigan: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07/31/new-page6/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by The Nickman »

Finchy wrote: July 30, 2019, 5:45 pm Didn't realise you'd already picked up on it Nickman.... I suppose this requires a "**** it all"
It's actually a fairgoitall, not a **** it all, but I like the attempt all the same!
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

greeneyed wrote: July 30, 2019, 11:53 pm Canberra Raiders brace for hostile New Zealand Warriors reception in Auckland

The Canberra Raiders have been warned to expect an ambush in Auckland after the New Zealand Warriors put a target on the Green Machine this week.

"It's always a tough place to come, it's similar to Penrith in a lot of ways," Josh Hodgson said. "They always get a decent turn out and you're going to have to be on your game to get the two points.

Well at least now it won't be an ambush
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: July 30, 2019, 6:29 pm I'm going to delete any post that includes it that I see. It is inappropriate and it is attempting to disparage one of the posters, and in a horrible way. It is simply not on.
Horrible sounds a bit harsh. It's no more horrible or nasty than calling you Fergus, which is a light-hearted jibe, or how we all call TR **** complete **** ****.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Woodgers wrote: July 30, 2019, 9:11 pm
Dusty wrote: July 30, 2019, 4:31 pm Anyone expect Hudson Young to come back in? For Guler maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
I don't know about changing the side after a win like that but I like it. Honestly for workrate and intensity I would consider Hudson even starting for Tapine and either just getting him to gas himself for 20 odd minutes working his guts out down the track, or putting him on for 30 at right edge and putting Bateman in the middle. Then use Tapine as a tool off the bench. As others have said, he needs something to change up for him at the moment.

Nothing against Guler, he's been going OK for us but I think this week on the short turnaround we need to bring in some energy and agility and that wouldn't be a bad one.
If you're putting Bateman in the middle, put TAPINE on the edge! That's the change he needs, he's just not suited to the middle, it's a waste of an international backrower.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: July 31, 2019, 10:51 am
greeneyed wrote: July 30, 2019, 6:29 pm I'm going to delete any post that includes it that I see. It is inappropriate and it is attempting to disparage one of the posters, and in a horrible way. It is simply not on.
Horrible sounds a bit harsh. It's no more horrible or nasty than calling you Fergus, which is a light-hearted jibe, or how we all call TR **** complete **** ****.
Sorry, I did not mean to be harsh.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-TW- wrote: July 30, 2019, 9:43 pm
gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Luke suspended for three games after unsuccessful downgrade

Issac Luke will likely have just three games left in Warriors colours after his unsuccessful challenge of a dangerous tackle charge landed him a three-week ban at the judiciary. Luke will be sidelined for Friday's critical clash with Canberra.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/30/luk ... downgrade/
Go home NRL, you're drunk.

Yet old mate Trbojevic gets nothing

Some **** consistency would be good
It's pretty disgraceful really. There is no way Luke's tackle was worse than Jurbo's. It only just crossed over into the illegal territory. To miss 3 weeks while Jurbo plays this weekend is appalling.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Warriors boss calls on fans to dress as referees in bizarre response to contentious loss

Warriors chief executive Cameron George will seek answers from the NRL over their latest refereeing grievances and has called on fans to make their own unique protest.

“Let’s give Canberra a bit of their own back in terms of what New Zealand’s all about,” George said.

“Everyone can bring a whistle if they want and have a bit of fun with it.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7oChvjl7w0

Can anyone work out what on earth the bolded part is supposed to mean? What did we do?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Give us our own what back?? Doesn't he know us Raiders fans are the among the biggest whingers in the comp??
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

It's almost like the Warriors are making the same stupid equation that every newspaper does too, like politicians = Canberra.

Which in this case is utterly perplexing, as we are far from a coddled, favoured team - don't the Warriors remember the old FTA agreement where we were the two teams with the least FTA games (two a season and one was usually us playing each other)?

If they'd made that call against, say, the Broncos, or Melbourne, or the Roosters, it would be understandable, but against us makes it completely confusing.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

raiderskater wrote: July 31, 2019, 2:13 pm It's almost like the Warriors are making the same stupid equation that every newspaper does too, like politicians = Canberra.

Which in this case is utterly perplexing, as we are far from a coddled, favoured team - don't the Warriors remember the old FTA agreement where we were the two teams with the least FTA games (two a season and one was usually us playing each other)?

If they'd made that call against, say, the Broncos, or Melbourne, or the Roosters, it would be understandable, but against us makes it completely confusing.
Hahaha the ironing is fantastic
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

Personally, I think it’s totally irresponsible of a CEO to be urging the fans to behave in such a way.
Sure, urge to refs to be fair. But undermining the ability of the refs to manage the game with whistles blowing in all directions is hardly going to help anyone.
The Raiders need to take the high ground on this and not buy into any of this garbage. They need to get out there and play their best footy, avoid indiscretions, keep it as clean as possible, and beat the Warriors fair and square.
I do feel concerned that we will be up against it this week - the refs are sure to give the Warriors plenty of help, but they also want to avoid being stood down. Hopefully they will be on their best reffing behaviour (and they should in every game).
It’s going to be interesting to say the least. :?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad doubts he'd be the player he is without mentoring of RTS

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad will take on the Warriors for the first time since being granted a release from his contract, when the Raiders visit Mt Smart Stadium on Friday.

"I'm still pinching myself. I still can't believe I'm always checking the team list every Tuesday, making sure I'm in the team.

Read more: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/l ... toring-rts

VIDEO: Nicoll-Klokstad relishing chance to take on former side: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... rmer-side/

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad's rise to NRL stardom with Raiders fuelled by his family: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/l ... his-family

'Desperate' Canberra Raiders looking to end Warriors playoff hopes: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/20 ... hopes.html

Luke's ban hurts Warriors' NRL finals bid: https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/272 ... finals-bid

RTS bans ref chat after latest blunder hits Warriors: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/30/rts ... -warriors/

VIDEO: Warriors v Raiders - Round 20: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad will face his former club for the first time when the Raiders cross the ditch to take on the Warriors at Mt Smart. Zac Bailey and Jamie Soward preview the match: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/31/war ... -round-20/
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

greeneyed wrote: July 31, 2019, 2:07 pm Warriors boss calls on fans to dress as referees in bizarre response to contentious loss

Warriors chief executive Cameron George will seek answers from the NRL over their latest refereeing grievances and has called on fans to make their own unique protest.

“Let’s give Canberra a bit of their own back in terms of what New Zealand’s all about,” George said.

“Everyone can bring a whistle if they want and have a bit of fun with it.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7oChvjl7w0

Can anyone work out what on earth the bolded part is supposed to mean? What did we do?
I just presumed he was offering to show the raiders some of the local mountain bike tracks?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:
T_R wrote:
gangrenous wrote:I was, and still am, on T_R’s side of this one.

Not a sentence you hear often, but there it is.

Edit - Now pigman is straw-manning T_R! Image
I'm with Pigman on this one

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What is this? A bloody Möbius strip?
Bloody elites, with their little dots over their os.

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Bloody greens voters. Get a job and have a bath.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' lucky charm Emre Guler gets expert tips for form

Desperate goal line defence is one thing, but is Emre Guler the 110 kilogram lucky charm the Canberra Raiders need to break their NRL premiership drought?

"It was obviously a bit of a slow start, but it's been good," Guler said. "I had to work on a few things and improve on them in [NSW Cup] so when I play in the top grade it's good to put that out there.

Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

greeneyed wrote: July 31, 2019, 7:41 pm Canberra Raiders' lucky charm Emre Guler gets expert tips for form

Desperate goal line defence is one thing, but is Emre Guler the 110 kilogram lucky charm the Canberra Raiders need to break their NRL premiership drought?

"It was obviously a bit of a slow start, but it's been good," Guler said. "I had to work on a few things and improve on them in [NSW Cup] so when I play in the top grade it's good to put that out there.

Guler needs to get angry me thinks. He’s like a Vaughan look-a-like but a Schillington play-a-like
#NeedsMoreBigRed
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I still really like Guler moving forward. Maybe not a key player this year but I think he will be very good. I think the Vaughan comparisons are slightly apt but he’s less dependent on power/speed. I think he’ll be a gun by mid next year.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

NRL fans are the biggest whingers in the world.
Mistakes are part of sport.
The fact that their CEO is calling for their fans to show up as refs is beyond a joke.

How about you start playing well for the first time since 2011....?
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

1992 wrote: July 31, 2019, 8:23 pm NRL fans are the biggest whingers in the world.
The fact that their CEO is calling for their fans to show up as refs is beyond a joke.

:lol: fair call. Warriors got shafted last week but a CEO should not behave so childishly.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

1992 wrote:NRL fans are the biggest whingers in the world.

Did you watch the Eels/Warriors game last week?

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

julian87 wrote: July 31, 2019, 7:59 pm I still really like Guler moving forward. Maybe not a key player this year but I think he will be very good. I think the Vaughan comparisons are slightly apt but he’s less dependent on power/speed. I think he’ll be a gun by mid next year.
yep, chalk me up for one to these
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Agreed - Guler has a good chance of being a gun. Has all the attributes. I think it will be hard to hold onto him, Horsburgh and Young as they get more experience but between them we have some very solid young forwards. I actually like what I saw of Murchie in junior grades too but for whatever reason it hasn’t yet transferred to first grade yet.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders visit Spookers: The players and staff spent their afternoon off with a visit to Spookers in Auckland. Spookers is a haunted amusement park situated on the outskirts of the city. The team had no idea they would be going and soon found just how scary this place was. Thanks to Spookers for having us: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... -spookers/
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: July 31, 2019, 10:15 pm Canberra Raiders visit Spookers: The players and staff spent their afternoon off with a visit to Spookers in Auckland. Spookers is a haunted amusement park situated on the outskirts of the city. The team had no idea they would be going and soon found just how scary this place was. Thanks to Spookers for having us: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... -spookers/
Do not recommend watching if you are about to go to bed.

Yes, I made that dumb decision.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)