Warriors 13+
No votes

Total votes: 16

InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2019 Rd 20 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Could this be true I read that BJ could be back for Round 22.
I read that he could play for the Mounties for one game before returning to the NRL side for Round 23. Has anyone read or heard anything like this ? If true that would just be fantastic leading into the Finals. Also Cotric returns next week I think ?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I can make a couple of calls...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

it seems the warriors have forgotten the refs howler to nearly hand them the win vs Penrith back a month ago
Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: July 31, 2019, 11:32 pm Could this be true I read that BJ could be back for Round 22.
I read that he could play for the Mounties for one game before returning to the NRL side for Round 23. Has anyone read or heard anything like this ? If true that would just be fantastic leading into the Finals. Also Cotric returns next week I think ?
I saw Round 22 listed for BJs return in a fox sports injury article. I just assumed it was a typo. That would be surprisingly quick, and fantastic.
Cotric does return next week.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: August 1, 2019, 8:04 am it seems the warriors have forgotten the refs howler to nearly hand them the win vs Penrith back a month ago
I'm sure there's Warriors fans out there that only define them as "howlers" when they go AGAINST them, not for.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

bonehead wrote:it seems the warriors have forgotten the refs howler to nearly hand them the win vs Penrith back a month ago
Yep. I am sure the Warriors are not aware that in last years comeback win over Raiders that Sezer was elbowed late in the game in what would have been a match winning penalty goal. Warriors player was suspended for the incident.

Penrith fans also don’t remember the refs admitting to getting it wrong for blockers on their winning field goal. Also, in the famous Bathurst match, Raiders had a forward pass try called back, but Penrith scored off a clear forward pass for one of their tries late in the game.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

swings and roundabouts
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson: The King of the one on one steal

Stealing the ball has been in the news for the wrong reasons lately but when it comes to the contentious rule, Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson is the king of the one-on-one steal.

Canberra co-captain Hodgson leads the competition in 2019 with nine steals, while Raiders teammates John Bateman (2) and Jarrod Croker (2) also rank in the top 10.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01/one ... -revealed/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... -panthers/
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I have a bad feeling the refs will try to overcompensate the bad 1 on 1 strip calls the Warriors copped last week. I fear if the raiders have a second player anywhere in the same postcode we will get penalised if we attempt a strip. Maybe put it away this week and just cook the Warriors differently!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: August 1, 2019, 1:34 pm I have a bad feeling the refs will try to overcompensate the bad 1 on 1 strip calls the Warriors copped last week. I fear if the raiders have a second player anywhere in the same postcode we will get penalised if we attempt a strip. Maybe put it away this week and just cook the Warriors differently!
This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. NRL officialling has always been highly reactionary. What is a controversy one week becomes over compensated the next. No is no tinfoil hat conspiracy against the Raiders. We will simply be the collateral damage of the swinging pendulum.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Northern Raider wrote: August 1, 2019, 1:40 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 1, 2019, 1:34 pm I have a bad feeling the refs will try to overcompensate the bad 1 on 1 strip calls the Warriors copped last week. I fear if the raiders have a second player anywhere in the same postcode we will get penalised if we attempt a strip. Maybe put it away this week and just cook the Warriors differently!
This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. NRL officialling has always been highly reactionary. What is a controversy one week becomes over compensated the next. No is no tinfoil hat conspiracy against the Raiders. We will simply be the collateral damage of the swinging pendulum.
I feel like we are doing a lot of things smarter this year and wouldn’t be surprised if we take a more conservative approach to the strip tomorrow
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

This week we need to play simple footy, the refs will be all out trying to make sure that we dont get away with any 50/50s or the crowd will eat them alive. I really think that if we come out and play solid, simple defensive footy, the Warriors will shut up shop if faced with a green wall like the Panthers had to play.

The points will come when the erratic kiwis loose their mind after throwing the ball around coast to coast and getting nowhere.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

A fishing trip and a House of Horrors. How the Canberra Raiders used their mini-camp in Auckland to bond ahead of the clash with the New Zealand Warriors

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says his team got through Thursday's captains run unscathed, after a week in Auckland focussed on recovery and bonding sessions.

"I got more enjoyment out of watching everyone jumping out of their skin than most," Stuart said of a visit to Spookers haunted amusement park. "It was a fun night. It was interesting watching plenty of tough footballers very, very scared."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: "He's in Great Form": Raiders coach Ricky Stuart praises co-captain Josh Hodgson ahead of his 100th match for the club. He also speaks about Charnze Nicoll-Klokstads return to his former club, the clubs forward pack and the Warriors contest: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... reat-form/

GALLERY: Captains' run in Auckland: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... -auckland/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders set sights on honouring Josh Hodgson

Dedication. Hard work. It's what's made Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson what he is today.

"Josh has got to where he is today purely through his dedication and the hard work he puts in," Ricky Stuart said. "His attention to detail to all the one per cent pieces of play - his kicking game, his passing game, just the fundamentals - is second to none and that's really improved his football.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson hits 100

Canberra Raiders captain Josh Hodgson will play his 100th club game when he runs onto Mt Smart Stadium tomorrow night.

“It’s my fifth year now at the Canberra Raiders and it’s passed by really quick,” Hodgson said. “I feel at home. Not just with footy but outside of the footy they’ve made me feel like part of the city and part of the club.”

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... s-hundred/
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Rickman wrote:
bonehead wrote: August 1, 2019, 8:04 am it seems the warriors have forgotten the refs howler to nearly hand them the win vs Penrith back a month ago
I'm sure there's Warriors fans out there that only define them as "howlers" when they go AGAINST them, not for.
I’m sure there’s Warriors fans with basic comprehension skills and who don’t sound like broken records in every thread.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Honestly at this point I'm just worried they're going to expend all their energy on frightening each other and not have enough left for the game :lol:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

bonehead wrote:swings and roundabouts
Is that swings in the middle of a roundabout?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

reptar wrote: August 1, 2019, 6:49 pm
Great use of space
Dont delete this GE
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

gergreg wrote: July 31, 2019, 8:54 pm
1992 wrote:NRL fans are the biggest whingers in the world.
Mistakes are part of sport.
The fact that their CEO is calling for their fans to show up as refs is beyond a joke.

How about you start playing well for the first time since 2011....?
Did you watch the Eels/Warriors game last week?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Their CEO is acting like one of us after a bad decision. Their fans can be angry, he can be angry, too. The difference is he has to be smart about it and act sensible.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

simo wrote:
Great use of space
Bit difficult getting to and from the swings in traffic, though
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

reptar wrote: August 1, 2019, 8:20 pm
simo wrote:
Great use of space
Risk/reward. Kids gotta want it enough
Dont delete this GE
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

simo wrote:
reptar wrote: August 1, 2019, 8:20 pm
simo wrote:
Great use of space
Risk/reward. Kids gotta want it enough
Yes. School of hard knocks. I like it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders and New Zealand Warriors single out Josh Hodgson

Canberra centurion Josh Hodgson has been singled out as the NRL game's key figure when the desperate Warriors host the Raiders in Auckland on Friday.

"They're doing it really well with a clever dummy half (Hodgson) who puts them in the right positions at the right times," Kearney said. "That's what brings Charnze's energy into the game."

Read more: https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/272 ... le-hodgson

Warriors out to stop Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad coming back to haunt them: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/wa ... haunt-them

AUDIO: Former Warrior key to Raiders success in 2019: Canberra Times sports editor Chris Dutton joins Radio Sport's Jason Pine to talk about the resurgence of the Canberra Raiders in 2019: https://www.radiosport.co.nz/on-air/rad ... s-in-2019/

RTS excited to face former pupil CNK: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01/rts ... pupil-cnk/
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

zim wrote: August 1, 2019, 10:14 am
InFernos_Raiders wrote: July 31, 2019, 11:32 pm Could this be true I read that BJ could be back for Round 22.
I saw Round 22 listed for BJs return in a fox sports injury article. I just assumed it was a typo. That would be surprisingly quick, and fantastic.
Cotric does return next week.
Cool thanks
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

bonehead wrote:Yep. I am sure the Warriors are not aware that in last years comeback win over Raiders that Sezer was elbowed late in the game in what would have been a match winning penalty goal. Warriors player was suspended for the incident.
I am sure my memory is correct with this - the same player elbowed Sezer twice - once in each set of six leading up to the 2 field goals in last years Home loss to the Warriors. I think the MRC noticed both too.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

We are going to have to play today with very level heads. We will get nothing as the refs try and save face with the Warriors and NZ public.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Wiki Special wrote: August 2, 2019, 9:06 am
bonehead wrote:Yep. I am sure the Warriors are not aware that in last years comeback win over Raiders that Sezer was elbowed late in the game in what would have been a match winning penalty goal. Warriors player was suspended for the incident.
I am sure my memory is correct with this - the same player elbowed Sezer twice - once in each set of six leading up to the 2 field goals in last years Home loss to the Warriors. I think the MRC noticed both too.
I definitely remember. Sezer got flattened at least three times in that game, all three went to the MRC where there was just a slap on the wrist, but none were called penalties in the game.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Milestones fuelling Canberra Raiders' finals bid

Fresh of celebrating Sia Soliola's 100th game for the club, the Raiders will celebrate another milestone when hooker Josh Hodgson brings up the century in New Zealand.

"He talked about finding him when was younger and giving him his first crack and how it was important and meant a lot to him to be giving him a milestone jersey at the club," Wighton said of Ricky Stuart's pre-game address.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/02/mil ... inals-bid/

VIDEO: On the road with the Raiders in Auckland: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... -auckland/

VIDEO: Josh Hodgson: 100 Raiders games: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/08 ... ers-games/