Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 Rd 19 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: July 29, 2019, 8:59 pm
PigRickman wrote: July 29, 2019, 6:41 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 29, 2019, 2:20 pm
PigRickman wrote: July 29, 2019, 2:06 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 29, 2019, 12:01 pmbut it is like the MRC went looking hard for SOMETHING to charge the Raiders with after the press conference from the coach last night.
And that's exactly what they did!
There’s got to be an investigation into this!
You explain this to me. Why was this charged...
I told you. The MRC committee heard Stuart's comments on the presser and immediately got on the group chat and we're like "we're going to find something to stiff these bastards with!"
You've avoided responding to the majority of my point. I guess this is another admission you were wrong! ;)
Not at all. It's a total and complete admission that you are right!
The MRC committee have gone over this game with a fine tooth comb looking for something... ANYTHING to charge the Raiders with, as a direct and clear response to Stuart's presser!

And they would have got away with it, if it wasnt for you dastardly kids!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

PigRickman wrote:I dont get to see that, because the weak pricks at the Raiders social media team blocked me haha
Imagine my surprise ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Neeeegz wrote: July 29, 2019, 9:22 pm
PigRickman wrote:I dont get to see that, because the weak pricks at the Raiders social media team blocked me haha
Imagine my surprise ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Full credit for correct terminology haha
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders and Penrith Panthers in heated Twitter exchange after Round 19 clash

It was one of the biggest games heading into Round 19 and despite the Canberra Raiders trumping the Penrith Panthers 30-18 on Sunday, the friction between the two sides has yet to finish.

Read more: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... flS4HVD-Ws

I know the clubs do this to this to banter at times on Twitter... but this seemed to have more than a bit of edge to it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

i would encourage you all to read this thread
https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/thre ... rs.476905/

and reflect on it's content.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The way the Panthers carried on yesterday was embarrassing. The refs didn't favour one side over the other at all. Bunch of sooks.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

PigRickman wrote:i would encourage you all to read this thread

"We can beat Canberra"

60-30 says otherwise, and the fact we didn't really look troubled in either game

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Wiki Special wrote: July 29, 2019, 9:49 pm The way the Panthers carried on yesterday was embarrassing. The refs didn't favour one side over the other at all. Bunch of sooks.
Ivan is cooked if that's the mentality he instills in his squad and the example he sets. Pamfers have hitched their star to a couple of low flying comets there.

Jimmy Maloney didn't do them any favours. Got everyone focussed on the refs as if THAT was the way to win the game and not by playing better. It was 6 bloody tries to 3- they copped a pasting. Reminded me of Raiders last year and 2017 actually. Not pretty.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Exhibit A your honour. These are the gronks that Pigman grew up with.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

BadnMean wrote:
Wiki Special wrote: July 29, 2019, 9:49 pm The way the Panthers carried on yesterday was embarrassing. The refs didn't favour one side over the other at all. Bunch of sooks.
Ivan is cooked if that's the mentality he instills in his squad and the example he sets. Pamfers have hitched their star to a couple of low flying comets there.

Jimmy Maloney didn't do them any favours. Got everyone focussed on the refs as if THAT was the way to win the game and not by playing better. It was 6 bloody tries to 3- they copped a pasting. Reminded me of Raiders last year and 2017 actually. Not pretty.
The fact is he whinges and bitches at the ref every game, often over nothing

It's about time a ref told him to **** off and get back in his box

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

gergreg wrote: July 29, 2019, 10:04 pm

So who is the Nick87 that posts there? The Pomoz person also made sense - the rest of them, well, it's funny how highly they rate the Raiders, and also funny how much they want to dispose of Mansour and blame Naden - they do realise Naden went there because he couldn't see a future here? (hey, I'm guessing...)

It seems the Panther's biggest problems are their dummy half, and Klein. I half agree - I though Kelin was our biggest problem too, but yesterday we got lucky - doean't mean it will happen again.

On another note, a few of them seem to think the Raiders were much bigger than them - I find that hard to believe - Joe Tarpine is fairly tall but Tamou and RCG are huge - am I wrong?
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Lui_Bon wrote: July 29, 2019, 10:43 pm

So who is the Nick87 that posts there? The Pomoz person also made sense - the rest of them, well, it's funny how highly they rate the Raiders, and also funny how much they want to dispose of Mansour and blame Naden - they do realise Naden went there because he couldn't see a future here? (hey, I'm guessing...)

It seems the Panther's biggest problems are their dummy half, and Klein. I half agree - I though Kelin was our biggest problem too, but yesterday we got lucky - doean't mean it will happen again.

On another note, a few of them seem to think the Raiders were much bigger than them - I find that hard to believe - Joe Tarpine is fairly tall but Tamou and RCG are huge - am I wrong?
Tamou looked like the most imposing bloke on the field. I suppose our halves are quite big for the position with Jack and Sezer... Apart from that of course they are big but we'd be "normal" sized, mid ranged for an NRL team. We're not the big boppers we used to be. No giant Fijians in our back row or wings- Charnze is shortish and Simonsson and Rapa just standard NRL winger size...

We don't have a huge pack so unless they seriously undersized- maybe its the green jerseys :thumbsup
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

PigRickman wrote: July 29, 2019, 9:37 pm i would encourage you all to read this thread

Wow. Some of it you could read on here...

But after a first 10 when they had 96% of the ball and a first 20 when they must have had minimum 65% they post this, still in first half...
That ball wasn't forward.This is how Klein does it. He doesn't let us have the ball.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘They’re **** lying all over us’: Ivan Cleary’s alleged blow-up at Ashley Klein revealed

The alleged confrontation between Penrith boss Ivan Cleary and referee Ashley Klein — which has seen the NRL launch an investigation into the Panthers coach’s conduct — has been revealed for the first time.

It is alleged that in the tunnel, Cleary said to Klein: “Ashley they’re **** lying all over us. You can’t let them. You’ve got to stop them.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 10af0c0f3b

NRL investigate Ivan Cleary’s halftime referee approach: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6dffa7a0a7
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Lui_Bon wrote:

All jokes aside some/many of the posts do say that they were beaten by a better side. It seems to be just a couple who are reaching. There were refereeing mistakes against both sides and not even remotely close to the Warriors game.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:roflmao
Those "gronks" are making eerily similar posts that you see on this very site, by you and many others, after a raiders loss :lol:
That's the point. Those "gronks" are you, my dear sweet Gerg.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

PigRickman wrote: July 30, 2019, 8:51 am

Those "gronks" are making eerily similar posts that you see on this very site, by you and many others, after a raiders loss :lol:
Well, they're certainly no Raider_69, as we say around these parts.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: July 30, 2019, 8:52 am

Well, they're certainly no Raider_69, as we say around these parts.
No one is, TR :(
And for that, we are a poor community.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Isn't it just teensy bit funny that they
a) were mad about the refs bias before the game started (the same ref who had been sending raiders off :roflmao )

b) spent the thread lambasting the ref in a game they had all the possession and won the penalty count handily...

Are feeling so persecuted by the refs while they are on a 7 game winning streak :shock:

I mean, imagine if they lost a couple of close ones :cry:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:

Those "gronks" are making eerily similar posts that you see on this very site, by you and many others, after a raiders loss Image
I think I'm pretty objective really. It is quite strange some of the rulings though. Cotric sent off for a dangerous throw - first one in how many years - and by your own admission there has been other tackles just as bad and nobody has been sent off. Shillington sent off for a head-butt when that is a regular feature of the Burgess' boys game and rarely even attracts a penalty. Sure it's an agenda but it's as much an agenda to suggest there isn't some sort of favouritism.

But to simplify the discussion, answer me this. Do the Broncos receive any favourable treatment from the NRL?

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: July 30, 2019, 9:21 am But to simplify the discussion, answer me this. Do the Broncos receive any favourable treatment from the NRL?
Big markets, particularly those who operate as single teams in large RL markets are benefited in the NRL by the structure of the salary cap which allows TPA's. The Broncos undoubtably benefit from that. As do Melbourne, a few select sydney clubs who have the connections to corner the market on lucrative TPA's.
And that's just the registered stuff, there is undoubtedly a bunch of unregistered stuff and i believe they too would favour certain teams...
But the NRL doenst seem to care much for Nick Politis's notoriously bad short game around the greens.

As for matters that relate to the actually footy... the officials, MRC etc...
Of course they do.
I believe rules are being investigated to allow the Broncos to play with 10 interchanges and 10 tackle sets in 2020. Obviously the NRL cant and wont allow the Broncos to be this bad again next year! I mean they have to be right? There is a penalty broncos meme, and when have meme's ever been wrong?!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: July 29, 2019, 7:35 pm I dont get to see that, because the weak pricks at the Raiders social media team blocked me haha
About time they pumped up!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'll take that as a yes. Which means that GE, Gangers and many others who make claims that the NRL have their favourites is not untrue.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha holy crap, just clicked on that link... is that the Panthers' LU forum or the Greenhouse?? Apparently the NRL hates them and is out to get them!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Three Canberra Raiders make NRL Team of the Week for Round 19 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/28/cho ... -round-19/ via @NRL

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: July 30, 2019, 11:36 am I'll take that as a yes. Which means that GE, Gangers and many others who make claims that the NRL have their favourites is not untrue.
You can take it any which way you'd like Gerg and make whatever wild extrapolation you need to in order to justify the conspiracy theory in your head. You're going to do it anyways, so no point me trying to stop you
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 30, 2019, 11:36 am I'll take that as a yes. Which means that GE, Gangers and many others who make claims that the NRL have their favourites is not untrue.
You can take it any which way you'd like Gerg and make whatever wild extrapolation you need to in order to justify the conspiracy theory in your head. You're going to do it anyways, so no point me trying to stop you
Everybody who follows the game knows that the NRL treat the Broncos like the golden child and every other side, comparatively, as the ugly step child. I understand that you have worked yourself into a position that you cannot concede you have this one completely wrong. A man like yourself that never ever gets anything wrong. I know there is a first time for everything.

A self proclaimed Stats man like yourself would know you can't point at this year's poor results as some sort of evidence to the contrary.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The funniest part of all of this, Gerg is you actually believe this. Like this isnt a bit, this isnt hyperbole... you really, in your heart of hearts believe it

Like you actually believe the referees and MRC committee and all these other aspects of the code go out of their way to prop up a team like the Broncos and hold down a club like ours.

Just like those "gronks" over at that Panthers thread actually believe Ashley Klien hates them and they didnt stand a chance against us thanks to him. They believe that. They really do.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha I just saw somebody on Facebook saying this... "How many penalty counts have we won? Pretty clear there’s one rule for other clubs and a different “interpretation” for the raiders."

So I checked the penalty counts for the season... in our 18 games we've won the penalty count 8 times, lost it 8 times, and it's been even twice.

Yep, sure seems like a conspiracy to me...
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

I won’t go near the Game Day thread on er, game day, anymore. It’s just the same handful of posters every week offering their opinion on every.single.refereeing.decision... it ends up sounding like 10 pages of whining.

Great win by the boys.

and I’ll add this: that first Penrith try - definitely not on Croker. I’ve been a critic of his, but on this occasion he just followed his mates’ mistakes - they’d already made poor decisions. That whole side of the ruck blew their assignments!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha I love how as soon as the opposition scores there's always that group that goes "Oh, here we go again! We're going to lose!!"

I've just hardly had that feeling this season.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Only a couple of posts up you admit that the NRL favours the Broncos yet here you are back to your blathering idiot best. Is it not enough that the NRL gives them greater FTA exposure than any other side in the competition. Which in turn opens up more doors to TPAs. Up until this year giving them the benefit of regular 7 day turnarounds? You admitted as much - which is all I was asking for. The NRL does give the Broncos an unfair advantage over all other NRL sides?
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

PigRickman wrote: July 29, 2019, 9:37 pm i would encourage you all to read this thread

It's like the Bizarro World in there!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Any chance of some of you blokes using paragraphs? The return key is your friend.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

And the lack of paragraphs was the straw the finally broke GE's back

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk