All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Canberra Raiders' Aidan Sezer again linked to Huddersfield Giants

Post by zim »

PigRickman wrote: October 10, 2019, 3:30 pm the Storm and roosters do the same thing
They have low paid, young halves, who when they need them, bring them in, they play a very specific and clear role, and the team asks the stars around them to step up and fill the void

This squad is now at that point. Assuming George is a stud, we have Wighton and George and that’s our halves, and when one of them is out, the other three spine members and guys like Bateman, Papalii and Croker, Cotric etc need to stand up and help the kid

We should not be paying the for an experienced back up half to the tune of 300k+
If you can get one for 150-180k, wonderful. But if you can’t, go with the kids and spent the money helping to retain the others
Yeah it seems the vast majority of clubs think the same way, which is what I was drawing attention to. The ones that don't are either in transition or couldn't lure a dominant half when they tried to sign someone. It'd be profoundly poor management to have one of the highest paid backup halves in the comp when you've got an Australian international in 1 spot and an England international in another.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

So again, to confirm
This thread is where it is because of your agenda and narratives regarding Sam and Sezer
Not anyone else’s

Agendas and narratives which were comprehensively blown from the water in 2019.

I don’t care about Sezer or Williams. I care about putting a team together that can go one better next year... we aren’t going one better next year if our back up half is playing September football

I’m don’t believe we should be paying significant money that could be used on a player of need so that if we lose Jack or George for the year Sam Williams can help us achieve a respectable 6th-9th spot

That’s not how we should be balancing our books imo
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

This thread is where it because of the agenda of a small minority, clearly long standing, against Williams. It happens in most threads where his name is mentioned. This was evident as soon as he was brought up, multiple times. Why that agenda still stands after all these years, for a thoroughly decent guy who's only a back up and is rated highly within those confines, who knows.

Hell, your paranoia even came out from memory in the George Williams thread thinking that fans will move against him if he doesn't go quite to plan in the early round of next year and ask for Sam to come in :lol:. You're really telling me you don't have an agenda? Get off it. I remember it going back to the days of Mitchell bloody Cornish.

Now, as far as I'm concerned Sezer is on the way out, so in terms of my 'agenda', I don't really have anything to fight for - you do. If Sam Williams goes, which is still a possibility, I'll wish him all the best. We'll still need a decent back up half though. If you think that's how the club won't see it and instead opt to maybe shoehorn a guy like Lukey Bateman in there because he can tackle, then good luck.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:09 pm This thread is where it because of the agenda of a small minority, clearly long standing, against Williams. It happens in most threads where his name is mentioned. This was evident as soon as he was brought up, multiple times. Why that agenda still stands after all these years, for a thoroughly decent guy who's only a back up and is rated highly within those confines, who knows.

Hell, your paranoia even came out from memory in the George Williams thread thinking that fans will move against him if he doesn't go quite to plan in the early round of next year and ask for Sam to come in :lol:. You're really telling me you don't have an agenda? Get off it. I remember it going back to the days of Mitchell bloody Cornish.

Now, as far as I'm concerned Sezer is on the way out, so in terms of my 'agenda', I don't really have anything to fight for - you do. If Sam Williams goes, which is still a possibility, I'll wish him all the best. We'll still need a decent back up half though. If you think that's how the club won't see it, good luck.
This is a ludicrous post. I have no agenda against Sam Williams and never have had one, I've been a big fan of his over the years and have advocated for him to be in the team on many occasions. I still think in our current situation he shouldn't be paid much more than minimum wage though.

You're honestly the only one pushing an agenda here, and literally everybody else who has joined in on the discussion can see that.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: October 10, 2019, 3:54 pm So do you think we still would've made the grand final with Sam Williams in the 7 all season, affhkrtjkr4thkjlrthlkj??
Of course he does
He genuinely thinks Sam is the better player

As said, this thread is about his agendas and narratives and his inability to let it go

Sezer proved himself to be the right option between the two. And he can’t **** deal at all. And so around we go time and time again. Because he thinks Sam is a stud

But where I am coming is about the value of a back up half

And literally no club with sustained success values that role in the squad. They run their kids out there and trust the strength of the squad around them

We need to maximise our squad and retain the players that impact the game, sacrificing them, or our flexibility to do something that matters to hold a grossly overpriced insurance policy is not what we should be doing

we should not be paying our back up half a cent more than what the storm and roosters pay for theirs... and theirs are untried kids on their first contracts... basically minimum wage or close enough to it
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Me:

- Wants Sam as a back up only
- Doesn't mind if he leaves, same as the last two times (apart from being let go over **** McCrone)
- Doesn't want him starting unless it's temporary
- Think it's only fair to pay him the market rate for back up halves of ilk
- Doesn't rate Sezer as a starting half, independent of what Sam does, and never have
- Club and coach agree he needs replacing, new halfback coming in

Pigman:

"yOu tHiNk sAm iS a sTuD!!!!!!1"

Just end it there mate. I let so many arguments go around here but this seems impossible for you even when you're dead wrong
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Looks like the GH is primed for an outstanding off season.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:19 pm Me:

- Wants Sam as a back up only
- Doesn't mind if he leaves, same as the last two times (apart from being let go over **** McCrone)
- Doesn't want him starting unless it's temporary
- Think it's only fair to pay him the market rate for back up halves of ilk
- Doesn't rate Sezer as a starting half, independent of what Sam does, and never have
- Club and coach agree he needs replacing, new halfback coming in

Pigman:

"yOu tHiNk sAm iS a sTuD!!!!!!1"

Just end it there mate. I let so many arguments go around here but this seems impossible for you even when you're dead wrong
One question... who do you think is the better footballer? Sam Williams or Aiden Sezer?

No cap implications, no team around them. Just who’s the better player?

A simple Two word answer will suffice
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2019, 2:54 pm Pretty much everyone else does :lol:

Yep, like all the other people who said basically exactly the same thing.

Name me one starting NRL halfback on $300k. Go.
Played quite a few games;
Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Played a couple of games;
Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

It’s all a bit moot anyway isn’t it?
Sezer is leaving
Gwilly is coming
Swilly is being re signed (comments from the club I cbf finding confirm)
So it’s happening. If Swilly accepts less than 300k happy days but whatever the $$$ he’s staying apparently.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yikes! Haha this is a savage beat down of poor ahshdha
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Old School Green wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:34 pm It’s all a bit moot anyway isn’t it?
Sezer is leaving
Gwilly is coming
Swilly is being re signed (comments from the club I cbf finding confirm)
So it’s happening. If Swilly accepts less than 300k happy days but whatever the $$$ he’s staying apparently.
Well no, it's not really moot, because the discussion at hand is whether or not Williams should be paid 300k or whether he should be paid minimum wage and the extra amount used to top up someone like CNK or Joey.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Beejay wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:34 pm

Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd
You've named one starting halfback. Every single one of those, apart from Croft who'll get a new deal somewhere, is signed as a back up.

As for Dylan Brown, who's not even a halfback: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/parra- ... 5169r.html
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I absolutely get the concerns about paying a reserve grade player in excess of the minimum wage. It will be interesting to see what the club does.

I just see we have no real experience in our depth across the spine, short of Havili at 9. The club has made the decision to let go of Abbey and Hingano and it appears that Sezer has found himself a gig in the UK, which is great for him as we can't afford to have a backup player on $500k+.

In the context of our squad I just think it's prudent to retain some reasonable depth in the halves, if at all possible. Having Wighton in the squad gives you some quality cover at fullback if CNK goes down - unless you bring in a rookie. If G Williams or Wighton go down long term, or if that combo doesn't work, then I'm not sure what we do. We can just about cover every other position with a bit of experience.

Anyway, nobody knows what the actual numbers are. Hopefully we can trust management to do the right thing.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on October 10, 2019, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It’s really about the value of the back up halves role in a squad
And the best teams in the comp, the ones who has sustained the level of success we experienced this year have not valued that role to the tune of 300k a year

They have felt content that they can put a kid, and the strength of the squad around them will be enough. Why would we veer away from that model given our halves are two internationals ?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:45 pm I absolutely get the concerns about paying a reserve grade player in excess of the minimum wage. It will be interesting to see what the club does.

I just see we have no real experience in our depth across the spine, short of Havili at 9. The club has made the decision to let go of Abbey and Hingano and it appears that Sezer has found himself a gig in the UK, which is great for him as we can't afford to have a backup player on $500k.

In the context of our squad I just think it's prudent to retain some reasonable depth in the halves, if at all possible. Having Wighton in the squad gives you some quality cover at fullback if CNK goes down - unless you bring in a rookie. If G Williams or Wighton go down long term, or if that combo doesn't work, then I'm not sure what we do. We can just about cover every other position with a bit of experience.

Anyway, nobody knows what the actual numbers are. Hopefully we can trust management to do the right thing.
If either of those two, Hodgson or even CNK go down long term, we're done, we're toast for the season. Sam Williams makes no difference to that.

If it's only for a few games here or there, I'm not against Havili into the 9 and Hodgson into 7 or even Whitehead into the halves. With either option at least you don't lose much defensively.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:45 pm If G Williams or Wighton go down long term, or if that combo doesn't work, then I'm not sure what we do. We can just about cover every other position with a bit of experience.
The answer is there is nothing we can do, if that happens we will not be able to achieve the goals we set out to achieve. Just as the roosters wouldn’t if they lost Keary for the season, and the storm wouldn’t if they lost Smith

Having an experienced half as a back up isn’t going to solve that problem for us. It’ll be the difference between 6th and a early exit out of the play offs and missing them all together... when the goal is lifting the trophy that difference doesn’t matter a great deal to me
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

..... Thank **** Ricky is in charge and not people in this thread, that's I'll say.

I look forward to Sezer leaving and having his cap space freed, and Sam or another similar back up getting a contract. Or, Sezer stays as the back up for a year, which is ok only provided we don't run any risk of key players not being retained due to his high wage.

Hodgson, Whitehead, Havili, who ever it is, don't belong anywhere near the halves thanks.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:44 pm

Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd
You've named one starting halfback. Every single one of those, apart from Croft who'll get a new deal somewhere, is signed as a back up.

As for Dylan Brown, who's not even a halfback: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/parra- ... 5169r.html
So there’s one we agree on, so already your admitting you were wrong.
Secondly, Chanel Harris Tavita was the starting half at beginning of the year before a mid season transfer of Nikorima (who finished the year on the bench)
So it’s actually two we agree on.
Dylan Brown is a half, if you’re really going to split hairs on halfback/five eight, there’s still two starting halves under $300k.

And all those other backups are on less than $300k, and fit the job we’d need out of Sam.

So I have no idea how you think paying Sam $300k is worth it.
Madness
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

PigRickman wrote:It’s really about the value of the back up halves role in a squad
And the best teams in the comp, the ones who has sustained the level of success we experienced this year have not valued that role to the tune of 300k a year

They have felt content that they can put a kid, and the strength of the squad around them will be enough. Why would we veer away from that model given our halves are two internationals ?
For mine this shouldn’t be an argument based on players. It comes down to what you are prepared to pay your back up half.

Afgnk wants someone with experience so is willing to pay more others are seeing the model based other top 4 clubs are using and believing we should go down those lines.

If you look at each official teams squad list the other top 4 teams have been willing to have a back up halfback (not five eight)who is a kid or relatively inexperienced.

Storm -Cooper Johns 0 NRL games
Roosters Drew Hutchison 8 NRL games
Rabbits- Connor Tracey 2 games Dean Hawkins 0 NRL games
Raiders Sam Williams - 94 games
Granted other clubs when they had injuries used other options but the above is from the official squad list.

I simply don’t believe you need to tie up you salary cap ( yes even $300K is to much) in a back up half. You make do for a few games or are screwed if it is a long term injury.

You play hard ball with Williams or you go after someone else. Fogarty from Burleigh would be more then happy to have another shot at an NRL system for a hell of a lot less then $300k and you won’t lose much compared to Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Beejay wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:10 pm

Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd

Secondly, Chanel Harris Tavita was the starting half at beginning of the year before a mid season transfer of Nikorima (who finished the year on the bench)
Dylan Brown is a half, if you’re really going to split hairs on halfback/five eight, there’s still two starting halves under $300k.

And all those other backups are on less than $300k, and fit the job we’d need out of Sam.

Madness
This really isn't hard, dude. I asked you to back up your claims and provide names on guys you think are on $300k as starting halfbacks. It's you're* by the way.

The only ones there that are starting halfbacks are Lachlan Lewis and Brodie Croft. Croft was reported to be at $275k on his current deal - he'll comfortably be on more come the next one.

Chanel Harris Tevita is a first season 20 year old rookie who was replaced by the relatively experienced Nikorima as soon as he got there, because they hadn't replaced Johnson properly. Blake Green is their halfback now regardless.

Dylan Brown is a first season 19 year old rookie, who as the article indicates, will be on big money when he hits the market shortly.

Therefore, your only claim here is one, just one, halfback. And I'd even doubt that highly tbh. Given you believe that backups like Lino, Flanagan, and Croker are on around that $300k, it looks like you've been agreeing all along.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

RTW wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:23 pm
PigRickman wrote:It’s really about the value of the back up halves role in a squad

For mine this shouldn’t be an argument based on players. It comes down to what you are prepared to pay your back up half.

Afgnk wants someone with experience so is willing to pay more others are seeing the model based other top 4 clubs are using and believing we should go down those lines.

If you look at each official teams squad list the other top 4 teams have been willing to have a back up halfback (not five eight)who is a kid or relatively inexperienced.

Storm -Cooper Johns 0 NRL games
Roosters Drew Hutchison 8 NRL games
Rabbits- Connor Tracey 2 games Dean Hawkins 0 NRL games
Raiders Sam Williams - 94 games
Granted other clubs when they had injuries used other options but the above is from the official squad list.

I simply don’t believe you need to tie up you salary cap ( yes even $300K is to much) in a back up half. You make do for a few games or are screwed if it is a long term injury.

You play hard ball with Williams or you go after someone else. Fogarty from Burleigh would be more then happy to have another shot at an NRL system for a hell of a lot less then $300k and you won’t lose much compared to Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Spot on, mate. And the more I think about it, the more I think you're better off with a young backup on minimum wage who has oodles of potential. Because if that potential fulfils itself just being around and training with the top squad, they may blossom into a top shelf player or fill the hole adequately if someone DOES go down.

And if they don't fulfill their potential, within a year or two you move them on or they find a bigger contract somewhere else and you plug that spot with another young guy on minimum wage with oodles of potential.

Unfortunately for Sam, we know what he provides already. If we can keep him on minimum wage, that's great, but much more than that and it's money we genuinely need elsewhere next season.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Sam, 150k max. Take it or leave it.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2019, 5:24 pm

Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd

Madness
This really isn't hard, dude. I asked you to back up your claims and provide names on guys you think are on $300k as starting halfbacks. It's you're* by the way.

The only ones there that are starting halfbacks are Lachlan Lewis and Brodie Croft. Croft was reported to be at $275k on his current deal - he'll comfortably be on more come the next one.

Chanel Harris Tevita is a first season 20 year old rookie who was replaced by the relatively experienced Nikorima as soon as he got there, because they hadn't replaced Johnson properly. Blake Green is their halfback now regardless.

Dylan Brown is a first season 19 year old rookie, who as the article indicates, will be on big money when he hits the market shortly.

Therefore, your only claim here is one, just one, halfback. And I'd even doubt that highly tbh. Given you believe that backups like Lino, Flanagan, and Croker are on around that $300k, it looks like you've been agreeing all along.
Clearly it is hard...

I never said Lino, Flanagan or Croker are around $300k, I said LESS. Clearly less.
Your comprehension skills are as bad as your takes.

CHT STARTED the year as a starting half and beat out Niko for form even when he did get there.
CHT and Brown are starting halves. It hardly matters about 6 or 7 mostly these days anyway.
But EVEN IF you narrow it down to only 7’s that leaves a possible 16! And there’s 1 on less than $300k

Which getting back to the original point; You want to pay a bloke, who we hope doesn’t play, MORE than another starting halfback. PLUS you want to pay him WAY more than what other starting 6’s (halves) like CHT and Brown are on.

Which is also SIGNIFICANTLY more than what other backup halves that played decent chunks of the season at other clubs. That list is long.

It’s just a terrible take.
No decent club would do this.

You are the Titans.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Beejay wrote: October 10, 2019, 6:26 pm
Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd

Madness

Clearly it is hard...

I never said Lino, Flanagan or Croker are around $300k, I said LESS. Clearly less.

CHT STARTED the year as a starting half and beat out Niko for form even when he did get there.
CHT and Brown are starting halves. It hardly matters about 6 or 7 mostly these days anyway.
But EVEN IF you narrow it down to only 7’s that leaves a possible 16! And there’s 1 on less than $300k

Which getting back to the original point; You want to pay a bloke, who we hope doesn’t play, MORE than another starting halfback. PLUS you want to pay him WAY more than what other starting 6’s (halves) like CHT and Brown are on.

Which is also SIGNIFICANTLY more than what other backup halves that played decent chunks of the season at other clubs. That list is long.

You are the Titans.
Kieran actually started the year at half and was dropped for cht after 2 games
Dont delete this GE
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Beejay wrote: October 10, 2019, 6:26 pm
Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd

Madness

Clearly it is hard...

You are the Titans.
How the hell do you know they're on 'clearly less' than $300k?. In any case, THEY'RE NOT STARTING HALVES.

I don't care whether or not Harris Tevita started at five-eighth - the Warriors targeted Nikorima mid season on a two and a half year deal with a promise to partner Green in the halves and immediately usurped Harris Tevita. He is reported to be earning $500k p.a. https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nikorima-i ... 8cb06552e3

And again, Brown is a first season rookie who if you bothered to read the article I linked before, will go for big money on the market very soon. If we tried to give him a contract right now, as we're supposedly doing with Williams, there is ZERO chance we're signing him for anything as low as $300k. 6 and 7 does make a different when you're a starting half - Munster is a 6 but not a 7. Same with Wighton.

So basically, unless you can find any sort of evidence to suggest that Lachlan Lewis is on $300k, there isn't a starting halfback in the game on the figures you're trying to push here. We're in 2019, not 2012.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

So I’m only worried about what they are earning in 2019, not when their contract is up next.
I’ve given you examples you’re just refusing to accept facts.

No other sane club willingly commits to paying a backup $300k

Maybe the Titans do, which is in line with where your level of comprehension sits.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Let’s not forget Manly smoked us this year with Lachlan Croker steering the ship.

300k in a first drop was a nice position to be in when we genuinely didn’t know if Sezer was ever going to step up and perform on a regular basis.

Signing the current England half SHOULD negate this need. We should be filling that position based on cap, not sentimentality. If we can keep Sam for the right price, I’d be the first to welcome him with open arms. He bleeds green, love the bloke, and is the best first drop half in the comp.

But we should be prioritising our first 17 given our cap position, and the first 17 should have all priority in cap space.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Beejay wrote: October 10, 2019, 7:00 pm So I’m only worried about what they are earning in 2019, not when their contract is up next.

Maybe the Titans do, which is in line with where your level of comprehension sits.
Facts :lol:

You haven't provide a single thing to back up anything you've claimed. You've tried to pass off back ups as starting halfbacks.

Five-eighths as halfbacks.

You've claimed that the backups you've presented as starting halves are 'clearly' on less than $300k, despite it not being common knowledge and providing nothing to support the points you claim are 'facts'.

You've tried to paint some 20 year old rookie as one of the Warriors' designated starting halves despite them signing Nikorima after a few rounds, who came in after the late hole Johnson left them.

Then comes the twist where it's only referring to 2019, despite the whole topic in question being about who's here or not here for 2020.

You're now starting to flail your arms and throw around weak insults, probably because that's all you have left in store.

Please. Do better.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Forget starting halves... that's not what we're talking about here.
Our starting halves are set.

Can anyone find me a 3rd string half who'd be on 300k+ a year where the club would be happy about the contract?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I love how this thread is now acting on the assumption that Williams is on 300k a year. He's not, you ninnies.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BadnMean wrote: October 10, 2019, 7:30 pm I love how this thread is now acting on the assumption that Williams is on 300k a year. He's not, you ninnies.
It's not actually operating on that at all.
It's acting on the idea proposed by some that that him on 300k a year would be a good signing, nay a "bargain"... which is absurd.

Every single person who is against him being on that sort of money has said they'd be happy to have on a pay packet that better represents his role in the team.
It's about the value of the back up halves role... the value of that is not the 300k+ price tag some have said is good.

Absolutely no one will complain if the club announces they've signed Sam on a 325k deal over 2 years. NO one.]]

edit: assuming Sezer leaves, if he doesnt. Sam aint go place to be at this club. Even at minumum wage. But i dont expect that to be the case
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2019, 7:09 pm
Beejay wrote: October 10, 2019, 7:00 pm So I’m only worried about what they are earning in 2019, not when their contract is up next.

Facts :lol:

You haven't provide a single thing to back up anything you've claimed. You've tried to pass off back ups as starting halfbacks.

Five-eighths as halfbacks.

You've claimed that the backups you've presented as starting halves are 'clearly' on less than $300k, despite it not being common knowledge and providing nothing to support the points you claim are 'facts'.

You've tried to paint some 20 year old rookie as one of the Warriors' designated starting halves despite them signing Nikorima after a few rounds, who came in after the late hole Johnson left them.

Then comes the twist where it's only referring to 2019, despite the whole topic in question being about who's here or not here for 2020.

You're now starting to flail your arms and throw around weak insults, probably because that's all you have left in store.

Please. Do better.
I’ve named a halfback.
I’ve named other halves, but you wanted halfback only.
You’ve said, ‘yeah but he’ll be upgraded soon’, like that negates the player being on less now. Why would I judge 2020 salary Vs what position they play in 2019?

You’ve agreed Croft is on less than 300 and he was starting half at the beginning of the year.

What more do you want?
Every other half that fills in is on a basement deal - like Croker ect.

It’s right there for you to see, but somehow you can’t see it.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Yeah, pretty clear that this is just a problem with certain fans being unable to shift arbitrary figures in their heads, which form the basis of their assumptions.

I bet if the cap were raised to $20 million tomorrow, there'd still be ludicrous calls saying $300k being too much. Based on what? Nothing, apart from being unable to come to terms with the new cap. Aidan Sezer signed a deal in 2015 for $500k p.a. and people still believe he's on roughly the same now. Madness.

FTR, $300k in the last cap was around $200k. If we say Sam Williams should be on $150k next year, which simply won't happen, that's roughly equal to $97k in the final year of the last cap. No one iota of a chance he was on $100k or less in his last deal.

So yeah, nah. Forums are all about opinions and debates, not who's wrong or right, but in this case.... you're dead wrong.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Beejay wrote:
Beejay wrote: October 10, 2019, 4:34 pm Played quite a few games;
Tom Dearden
Dylan Brown
Lauchlan Lewis
Kyle Flanagan
Chanel Harris tavita

Brodie Croft (unsure)

Mason Lino
Jerome Luai
Lachlan Croker
Tanah Boyd

Madness

Clearly it is hard...

You are the Titans.
Kearhen started the season for the warriors over cth

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk