Total votes: 15

Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: 2019 Rd 18 V Tigers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Finchy »

greeneyed wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:41 pm
Finchy wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:27 pm
gangrenous wrote: July 16, 2019, 5:08 pm Anyone remember the last time we had two first graders serving suspensions at the same time?
It's probably way more recent than this, but I remember back in 2000 maybe(?) Woolford, Wiki, Croker, and maybe McFadden(?) all getting put on report for two separate spear tackles in the same game against Penrith. I think that resulted in 3 or 4 suspensions.
That was in a finals game at Canberra Stadium... I remember members had to sit in the east stand, as the NRL took our seats... and David Furner was one of four who got off, allowing him to play his final game for the Raiders.
That's right, Furner was one of them. I think I was wrong about Wiki being involved. From memory both spear tackles were on Tony Puletua.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:45 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:41 pm
Finchy wrote: July 16, 2019, 7:27 pm
gangrenous wrote: July 16, 2019, 5:08 pm Anyone remember the last time we had two first graders serving suspensions at the same time?
It's probably way more recent than this, but I remember back in 2000 maybe(?) Woolford, Wiki, Croker, and maybe McFadden(?) all getting put on report for two separate spear tackles in the same game against Penrith. I think that resulted in 3 or 4 suspensions.
That was in a finals game at Canberra Stadium... I remember members had to sit in the east stand, as the NRL took our seats... and David Furner was one of four who got off, allowing him to play his final game for the Raiders.
That's right, Furner was one of them.
Sorry, I meant to say he was the only one of the four players who got off. The other three got suspended.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Maybe Nick just channelled the old boys, Bateman was firing him up on the pads and in the warm up pre game too.. he just went too hard, I think he is a better centre than winger also..

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Dunamis Lui happy Blake Austin's motor running again

Former Raiders five eighth Blake Austin has been named in a 27-man elite performance squad and is now a real chance for playing for England and Great Britain at the end of the year.

"The way he's turned up this year and he's killing it over there and to hear he's made the squad I'm just really happy for him," Dunamis Lui said. "His first game I recorded it - there was no way I going to get up that early to watch it.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/16/lui ... ing-again/

Raiders pay tribute to 1989 champions with special jerseys: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Maloney this season goes on Report for a head high and tripping got 1 week.
H Young never been at judiciary got 5 weeks for eye gouging.
J McQuire has been on Report 3 times this season for a head high twice and eye gouging he got a fine.
Cotric never been at judiciary before got 3 weeks.
JWH had been on Report 3 times this season he just came back from a suspension he was put on Report for a dangerous throw like Cotric and JWH got off and can play this weekend.

NRL do not want the Raiders in the top 4 yes laugh at my comment but the inconsistency at the NRL judiciary is a joke the favouritism to players at certain clubs is there for all to see.
McQuire got off so he could play SOO.

Yes Cotric tackle was bad maybe 2 weeks but how does JWH get off with his record and it was just one grade down on a dangerous throw to Cotrics.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

InFernos_Raiders wrote:Maloney this season goes on Report for a head high and tripping got 1 week.
J McQuire has been on Report 3 times this season for a head high twice and eye gouging he got a fine.
JWH had been on Report 3 times this season he just came back from a suspension he was put on Report for a dangerous throw like Cotric and JWH got off and can play this weekend.

NRL do not want the Raiders in the top 4 yes laugh at my comment but the inconsistency at the NRL judiciary is a joke the favouritism to players at certain clubs is there for all to see.

Yes Cotric tackle was bad maybe 2 weeks but how does JWH get off with his record and it was just one grade down on a dangerous throw to Cotrics.
have a lay down.

Young had a prior similar offence which beefed him up. Mcguire's 2 gouging charges he didn't dig fingers in more a bad facial. Burgess got 9 weeks.
JWH got off a headbutt charge.
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VIDEO: Hear from Canberra Raiders Aidan Sezer and Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad at today's team signing session in Civic! http://ow.ly/fRP250v1KZt

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Neeeegz wrote: July 16, 2019, 8:08 pm Maybe Nick just channelled the old boys, Bateman was firing him up on the pads and in the warm up pre game too.. he just went too hard, I think he is a better centre than winger also..

He was just eager to rip in, having a great game and hit with his shoulder and drove as usual. Just got mucked up by the step and maybe through he could carry on and get him down on his back. Reckless imo. Not malicious.

He was mostly a centre coming through juniors- a bit of FB, never a wing. He showed in his 59 minutes, a bit rusty after a layoff and injury and byes and origin that he's going to be just as good a centre as he was a winger.

Easy to forget he's only 20. By the time he's 23-24, he'll be our starting centre.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: July 16, 2019, 9:21 pm
InFernos_Raiders wrote:Maloney this season goes on Report for a head high and tripping got 1 week.

have a lay down.

Young had a prior similar offence which beefed him up. Mcguire's 2 gouging charges he didn't dig fingers in more a bad facial. Burgess got 9 weeks.
JWH got off a headbutt charge.
The video I saw of macGuire looked worse than Burgess to me. McGuire was clawing at the eyes like he was going to get in and dig it out. Burgess had straight fingers and nowhere near as nasty.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 18 V Tigers: Teams and Previews

Post by -PJ- »

Raidersteve wrote: July 16, 2019, 4:11 pm Anyone know how long Sutton is out for?
No.
Hope this helps.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote:
Neeeegz wrote: July 16, 2019, 8:08 pm Maybe Nick just channelled the old boys, Bateman was firing him up on the pads and in the warm up pre game too.. he just went too hard, I think he is a better centre than winger also..

He was just eager to rip in, having a great game and hit with his shoulder and drove as usual. Just got mucked up by the step and maybe through he could carry on and get him down on his back. Reckless imo. Not malicious.

He was mostly a centre coming through juniors- a bit of FB, never a wing. He showed in his 59 minutes, a bit rusty after a layoff and injury and byes and origin that he's going to be just as good a centre as he was a winger.

Easy to forget he's only 20. By the time he's 23-24, he'll be our starting centre.
Spot on so far
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

BadnMean wrote: July 16, 2019, 11:03 pm

100% spot on.
Looking forward to seeing him develop as a centre.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Did anyone speak to bj at the fan meet and greet the other day?
Dont delete this GE
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

This is a great schtick... Never get tired of it

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seize the day: Simpler game plan unlocks Aiden Sezer's potential, says Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson

Canberra hooker Josh Hodgson hopes a more streamlined game plan for halfback Aidan Sezer will continue to showcase his potential this weekend against the Wests Tigers at GIO Stadium.

"For Sez we simplified his plan and what we kind of need from him as a team," Hodgson said. "When he's being a leader and being loud and vocal and telling everybody where they need to be, he plays good footy because he's not really focused on anything else.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/17/sei ... s-hodgson/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders defending their way to NRL title

Attack wins games, defence wins premierships. It's the oldest adage in rugby league but Canberra co-captain Jarrod Croker believes it's what makes the Green Machine genuine NRL title contenders in 2019.

"I feel like we've been a lot more consistent this year and we're winning games off the back of our defence," Croker said. "In 2016 it was a great year but a lot of our footy, while we were putting scores on sides, we weren't winning games off the back of our defence.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/canberra-d ... b204794aca

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... e-c-312583

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Guler, Havili and Monsignor Woods: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... nor-woods/

Five Things: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... -v-tigers/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Instagram

#Canberra #Raiders fans, we have 15 Raiders branded Foxtel remotes to give away this Saturday at the Raiders clash with the Wests Tigers. The first 15 people through the doors of the @jerseys_megastore merchandise tent in the western forecourt get to take one home. Just mention The Greenhouse! And while you’re there why not buy some Green Machine merchandise from the good people at Jerseys Megastore! These remotes are no longer produced, but these are brand new (batteries not included). There are just 15 so be early! A small reward for following The GH! #nrl #rugbyleague #bleedgreen #wearecbr #canberraraiders #weareraiders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'It's a massive honour': Mal Meninga inspires Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker

The names of the Canberra Raiders who played in one of rugby league's greatest games, the 1989 Grand Final, will be embroidered on the chests of their successors this week.

"It's quite special. I know for me, I'll have Mal Meninga's name on my jersey so it's a massive honour and something I am proud of," Croker said of the 1989 tribute.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Raiders pay tribute to 1989 champions with special jerseys: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Michael Oldfield proving to be an NRL team's dream for the Canberra Raiders

Jarrod Croker and Josh Hodgson just hope Michael Oldfield knows how valuable he is as he prepares to answer another SOS for a Canberra Raiders outfit mounting a charge towards the top two.

"It's amazing. I hope he realises how important he is to our squad," Croker said. "Having Oldy there, it's pretty amazing to have someone like him to slot straight into that centre spot.

Read more:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Hear from Canberra Raiders co-captains Jarrod Croker and Josh Hodgson as the Green Machine prepares for their clash with the Wests Tigers! WIN News Canberra reports...

Video: http://ow.ly/trkq50v2G7t

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Tigers: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33485#p1675766

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... -v-tigers/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Tigers: Viking Ambassador is Raider #89 Steve Jackson: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... -v-tigers/

Gallery: Canberra Raiders Signing Session: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... g-session/

Video: Canberra Raiders Signing Session: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... g-session/

Video: Josh Hodgson answers the big questions from competition winner Zoe: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/07 ... inner-zoe/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Have never been able to sit through an entire episode of the Matty Johns podcast... but it was excellent tonight. It was a one on one discussion with Brett Finch about his life and career. It is a shame Matty Johns can't so stuff like this all the time. If you missed it, do yourself a favour and watch/listen.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Another danger game if we start flat. But I'm starting to get some faith back at the moment

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Neeeegz wrote: July 17, 2019, 9:40 pm Another danger game if we start flat. But I'm starting to get some faith back at the moment

I’m not seeing much in that tigger lineup. I think we make a statement this week! Big win coming up here.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

By the way, for the curious, Croker only needs 92 points to make it to 2000. If we make the GF, he'd need 10 points a game to get it this season. VERY doable especially if he has a big game against the Tigers...
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

raiderskater wrote: July 17, 2019, 10:23 pm By the way, for the curious, Croker only needs 92 points to make it to 2000. If we make the GF, he'd need 10 points a game to get it this season. VERY doable especially if he has a big game against the Tigers...
It's not really. He has 124pts on the season. That's 7.75pts a game to now. More likely to be next yr
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He has 140 ytd

7t, 56g @ 8.75ppg

Assuming we finish in the 4 and have 10 games left, based on that he's due for another 88 points which will be 4 short of 2000

kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

-TW- wrote: July 18, 2019, 9:38 am He has 140 ytd

7t, 56g @ 8.75ppg

Assuming we finish in the 4 and have 10 games left, based on that he's due for another 88 points which will be 4 short of 2000

A try in the corner on GF day to take him to the 92 extra points required this season. Has a nice ring to it.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

kona_dream wrote: July 18, 2019, 10:15 am

7t, 56g @ 8.75ppg

A try in the corner on GF day to take him to the 92 extra points required this season. Has a nice ring to it.
Under the posts
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

kona_dream wrote: July 18, 2019, 10:15 am

7t, 56g @ 8.75ppg

Under the posts
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

raiderskater wrote: July 17, 2019, 10:23 pm By the way, for the curious, Croker only needs 92 points to make it to 2000. If we make the GF, he'd need 10 points a game to get it this season. VERY doable especially if he has a big game against the Tigers...
Croker needs to save up something for next season. Otherwise what will he aim for? Clearly ticking off those many milestones is a great motivation to get out of bed and turn up for training each day :lol:
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: July 17, 2019, 9:31 pm Have never been able to sit through an entire episode of the Matty Johns podcast... but it was excellent tonight. It was a one on one discussion with Brett Finch about his life and career. It is a shame Matty Johns can't so stuff like this all the time. If you missed it, do yourself a favour and watch/listen.
I completely agree. I can't stomach Matty Johns in large doses!
I found Finch's honesty so refreshing. It was certainly great listening.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sam Squiers and Jamie Soward preview the Saturday night clash between Canberra Raiders and Wests Tigers: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/18/rai ... -round-18/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders stars given FaceApp ageing treatment

The Raiders have had a bit of fun with their stars, showing the likes of Jarrod Croker, Nick Cotric and Jack Wighton with wrinkles and grey hair, after transforming them with the Russian FaceApp app. The ageing photo challenge has been sweeping social media.

Security fears raised over face ageing app: https://www.9news.com.au/technology/fac ... 184fcdbcd6
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Grandma, is that you?! :shock: