14%

Total votes: 14

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: 2019 Rd 17 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by Rickmando »

gangrenous wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:07 pm
Rickmando wrote:Big 2 points tonight, looking at some of our upcoming games. You can put us down for 0’s against the Storm and Roosters ahead of time.
You mean that crew below us on the ladder? Cheer up Rickmando.

Great game Raiders!
The ladder is irrelevant until the day they use it to determine who plays who in finals gangers.

Very happy with the 2 points, especially after the way we left them on the table vs Parra.

But let’s be honest, we’ve not shown much against the two above teams, who are more talented and better coached. In fact, we have often looked embarrassed to be sharing the same grass as them.

So if wins like tonight help us drop that attitude the next time we come up against them, I’ll be very pleased. But let’s not put ourselves right in that top tier just yet
Horace Dove-Edwin
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson

Post by Horace Dove-Edwin »

Good win.
Geez CNK goes well.

Sent from my Mi A1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Just re-watched the Cotric tackle. You can’t even mount a defence. Lifted, continued on with tackle then had a second attempt.

He was very very lucky that he didn’t do serious injury to the other player. It would haunt you for the rest of your life
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Sezer played as good as any half in the comp this week
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Rickmando wrote:
Rickmando wrote:Big 2 points tonight, looking at some of our upcoming games. You can put us down for 0’s against the Storm and Roosters ahead of time.

Great game Raiders!
The ladder is irrelevant until the day they use it to determine who plays who in finals gangers.

Very happy with the 2 points, especially after the way we left them on the table vs Parra.

But let’s be honest, we’ve not shown much against the two above teams, who are more talented and better coached. In fact, we have often looked embarrassed to be sharing the same grass as them.

So if wins like tonight help us drop that attitude the next time we come up against them, I’ll be very pleased. But let’s not put ourselves right in that top tier just yet
We were a bees appendage from knocking off the Roosters. They’ve lost as many games as we have.

Yes the team need to turn up and play well to win. It’s not two points written off without a ball being kicked by any stretch.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:05 pm
Green Taipan wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:02 pm **** why would Sezer put the kick in on an early tackle and ultimately give away a try?
Wighton and Croker were streaming through so it was planned. Just poorly executed.

Game was in the bag and we were on their line. Who cares really. We got the 2 points despite being down to 12 men. Be happy guys.
Who cares; well we might come to regret that 4 pts in our negative column come the end of year! It's also a brain explosion (there were a lot of defenders in front) that might hurt us in a close game in the finals.

i
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Pete Cash wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:08 pm A big moment I reckon was Rapana reading Hunt like a book when he tried to put that 4th tackle attacking kick in. The Dragons momentum stopped dead there.

Great win, Cotric is going to be out for ages though so that sucks but it was a nasty tackle
Jordy Raps doesn’t get enough credit for his game smarts/football intelligence. He does a lot of little things like this, with and without the ball.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Rickmando wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:11 pm

Great game Raiders!

Self belief is a big part of it as you say. We are showing glimpses of the level of intensity of those top sides but we do drop off.

Quality win though. Hope cotric isn't out for too long
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Rickmando wrote:
T_R wrote: July 14, 2019, 7:40 pm
raiderskater wrote:Oh Cotric you absolute ****.
Wow

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Some pot and kettle action going on here
Why?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Green Taipan wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:14 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:05 pm
Green Taipan wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:02 pm **** why would Sezer put the kick in on an early tackle and ultimately give away a try?
Wighton and Croker were streaming through so it was planned. Just poorly executed.

Game was in the bag and we were on their line. Who cares really. We got the 2 points despite being down to 12 men. Be happy guys.
Who cares; well we might come to regret that 4 pts in our negative column come the end of year! It's also a brain explosion (there were a lot of defenders in front) that might hurt us in a close game in the finals.

i
It's nice that we can complain about winning by 22 instead of 26. #firstworldproblems
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

raiderskater wrote:
Rickmando wrote: July 14, 2019, 7:47 pm
Wow

How is it pot and kettle? It was a stupid tackle. It was also dangerous. Makes Cotric a ****.
Do you really think it was deliberate? He was wrong footed and it ended badly. I don't think it makes him a ****.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

T_R wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:17 pm
Rickmando wrote:
Wow

Why?

Not from you T_R, sorry meant to reply directly to the post above yours
Last edited by Rickmando on July 14, 2019, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Rickmando wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:14 pm
Pete Cash wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:08 pm A big moment I reckon was Rapana reading Hunt like a book when he tried to put that 4th tackle attacking kick in. The Dragons momentum stopped dead there.

Great win, Cotric is going to be out for ages though so that sucks but it was a nasty tackle
Jordy Raps doesn’t get enough credit for his game smarts/football intelligence. He does a lot of little things like this, with and without the ball.
Tonight he looked back to 100%
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

T_R wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:18 pm
raiderskater wrote:
Wow

How is it pot and kettle? It was a stupid tackle. It was also dangerous. Makes Cotric a ****.
Do you really think it was deliberate? He was wrong footed and it ended badly. I don't think it makes him a ****.

I don't think it was deliberate, but I do think it made him a ****. In the heat of the moment he made the wrong choice. It's still stupid AND it could have cost the team dearly.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

raiderskater wrote:
T_R wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:18 pm
raiderskater wrote:
T_R wrote: July 14, 2019, 7:40 pm Wow

I don't think it was deliberate, but I do think it made him a ****. In the heat of the moment he made the wrong choice. It's still stupid AND it could have cost the team dearly.
We'll, I'm not sure he made a choice, but there you go.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

It was a brain fart but very harsh calling him a ****.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

If every tackle like that is a send off im ok with it, its not deliberate but if it ends up like that im ok if its a send off.

But thats just it, its not always a send off, its put on report.

Same as eye gouge, with Burgess, they saw all they needed to see on the video, but he stayed on, Farah went off I think.

Consistency is needed, its just some players and teams get more of it than others.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Good game, Im happy with that shame about Nicko's tackle going astray.
This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:21 pm It was a brain fart but very harsh calling him a ****.
Just a tackle that went VERY VERY wrong.
He'll face the consequences for it, but there was no malice on intention on that. I dont think any more or less of Nic for that.
It's very fortunate the player wasnt seriously injurd
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Great game Raiders!

You're a right funsucker aren't you.

We looked great against Souths and were unlucky not to win in a cracking game.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Sezer played so well he must be leaving for the ESL next week.....
Horace Dove-Edwin
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson

Post by Horace Dove-Edwin »

Big play was Sezer's steal on our goal line defending a kick.

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Horace Dove-Edwin wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:39 pm Big play was Sezer's steal on our goal line defending a kick.

That was massive. He just clung on like an octopus and wouldn't let go.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Good win, not perfect, lots of improvement left with this team. If we are to be serious to the other top 3 sides. I'd say Nick will get 3 weeks out

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Neeeegz wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:41 pm Good win, not perfect, lots of improvement left with this team. If we are to be serious to the other top 3 sides. I'd say Nick will get 3 weeks out

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The others would want to improve too. Roosters were ordinary today losing to the Cowboys. Of course they'll be better with Teddy back.

I have us on par with the Bunnies. They are very beatable.

Storm are the benchmark and we need to lift if we want to beat them. Realistically so does every other team. They are a Cam Smith injury away from coming right back to the pack though.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Actually one of the reasons we are doing so well in my opinion is how much better we have adopted the new stripping rules compared to other clubs. Hodgson in particular is a criminal out there robbing players
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Wait until you see the press conference replay (I just watched it live on the NRL app) and Ricky fired up and said a guy there shouldn't be a rugby league journalist if he thought it was an intentional spear tackle haha.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Boomercm wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:31 pm

Great game Raiders!

You're a right funsucker aren't you. And full of sh*t.

We looked great against Souths and were unlucky not to win in a cracking game.
The old “honourable loss” line of argument. Plenty throwing those up after the losses to Souths and the roosters. This mentality is part of the problem. We shouldn’t be coming away from those games just being glad we were competitive. It’s the wrong message for the players, and fans shouldn’t be content with it.

Unless there’s going to be a late rule change at the NRL... they won’t let you come back the following week if you have an “honourable loss” in a finals match.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

IBG wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:53 pm Wait until you see the press conference replay (I just watched it live on the NRL app) and Ricky fired up and said a guy there shouldn't be a rugby league journalist if he thought it was an intentional spear tackle haha.
and he's spot on.
There is nothing intentional about it

Doesnt make it better or worse.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

Actually thought Sezer's kicking game was woeful but had a great running game and did his job in defence. Luckily Hodgo had control of the entire game and we'll need that to continue happening for the rest of the year.

And CNK.. Just immense. Impresses me over and over again each week. May have overtaken Bateman as buy of the season for me.
Leeroy Jenkins
Brett Mullins

Post by Leeroy Jenkins »

IBG wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:53 pm Wait until you see the press conference replay (I just watched it live on the NRL app) and Ricky fired up and said a guy there shouldn't be a rugby league journalist if he thought it was an intentional spear tackle haha.
Definitely get the popcorn ready if you didn’t see it live.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

PigRickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:21 pm It was a brain fart but very harsh calling him a ****.
Just a tackle that went VERY VERY wrong.
He'll face the consequences for it, but there was no malice on intention on that. I dont think any more or less of Nic for that.
It's very fortunate the player wasnt seriously injurd
The very fact that Lafai wasn't injured may go in Neddys favor

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Really want to get away from that tackle, and talk about how good it was to see the team, under the pump BIG time, respond the way they did to the send off.

They really worked hard for each other defensively. A very focused final 20 imo
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Leeroy Jenkins wrote: July 14, 2019, 8:55 pm
Definitely get the popcorn ready if you didn’t see it live.
I tend to agree with Stuart in that my view is he thought he back slammed him in a strong tackle (not sighted) and just went on with it as you would with a big pick up and drive/slam tackle.
It went wrong and he should get two to three weeks but I think what Stuart is doing is getting in front of the ‘push to make an example’ rubbish.
Interesting point is that Ravalawa doesn’t get sent for an old school coat hanger which actually results in a HIA. If you’re cracking down about protecting the head, that’s a fail right there.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!