Dragons 13+
9%

Total votes: 11

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 17 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: July 13, 2019, 11:40 am Ricky Stuart interview on ABC Canberra Grandstand:

Raiders have just finished captains' run. The last couple of sessions have been very high energy, Jack Wighton and Josh Papalii have trained well. We've reviewed the Eels game, the best part of it was it was very noticable that they took a lot of ownership of it. They knew they had stuffed up, I appreciate that, I talk about maturity and that's what I mean. They take accountability.

We've set standards this year and we didn't get to those standards after the first 20 minutes against the Eels. Good to see the team took accountability.

Did you want to get them straight back onto the training park? Fifteen years ago, I'd have got them straight back on the training field, but the group felt they needed the break, it is about how they're feeling physically and mentally. I didn't feel any temptation, they had to get the rest they required and that was good.

I've had to deal with rep players returning to club football a lot. I'll be giving them some down time and time off training next week. The biggest issue is how they are feeling in three or four weeks. I was proud of the what both players did. If Queensland had won the series, Josh Papalii probably would have been man of the series. Great experience for Jack Wighton.

Nick Cotric returns. Good to get the injured players back. Continuity and cohesion is what you strive for. The injuries have disrupted that. The players who have come in have done a great job and put us in great position.

The Dragons have a big pack of forwards and experienced halves. That's what you build a football team around. They have some fresh backs. We'll need to be on our game, especially in Wollongong.

George Williams and Corey Horsburgh signings. Good to get Corey's extension, George will bring his experience to the team and it is good to have it finally settled and announced.

Jordan Rapana's re-signing. We're doing what we have to, doing as much as we can. He understands where we're at. I want Jordan at the club more than anybody else and I'm confident that will happen.

The Raiders travel to Wollongong this afternoon by bus.

* This summary is written as the interview happens. It is a summary, based on what is said, but it is not a transcript.

A podcast of today's episode of ABC Canberra Grandstand will be available this afternoon: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/canberra/p ... d/11285826
So..the bus started ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Backed up Canberra Raiders make St George Illawarra Dragons star

Canberra Raiders gun backs Jordan Rapana and Nick Cotric helped make Mikaele Ravalawa an NRL player, but they're also the reason he left the Green Machine.

"Yeah that was the main reason because they've got two [of the] best wingers in the comp, Jordan and [Nick]. They were pretty good," Ravalawa said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I see Guler is in and Sutton out injured. What's the injury?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Calf strain

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Englishman Ryan Sutton ruled out of Dragons clash

The Canberra Raiders have been dealt an injury blow with prop Ryan Sutton ruled out with a calf injury on the eve of their crucial clash against St George Illawarra. Emre Guler has replaced Sutton in the 17 to play at Wollongong on Sunday.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

-TW- wrote: July 13, 2019, 6:31 pm Calf strain

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Cheers
Horace Dove-Edwin
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson

Post by Horace Dove-Edwin »

Happy with Guler playing.
Good depth at the moment with our forwards.

Sent from my Mi A1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart reveals secret to Canberra Raiders NRL wins

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart doesn't care how much his team wins by, as long as they win.

"We didn't know how to close out games because we wanted to keep scoring points," Stuart said. "I'm a firm believer of taking a metre for a metre, not worrying about the next set of six but worrying about this set of six.

Read more: https://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/271 ... s-nrl-wins