Eels 13+
7%

Total votes: 15

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2019 Rd 15 V Eels: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

You know you can’t use the lines to prove forward passes gangy, right? Only people who don’t understand rugby league and basic physics try to do that and it’s cringeworthy every time
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yeah that’s interesting, so tell me again how pigRickman can be 100% confident this pass is backwards?

The lines can certainly be used to show he’s caught it in front of where it’s passed. Which has to put some doubt in your mind.

Good for you sticking up for him though.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I’m not sticking up for him, he’s a big boy, he’s more than capable of doing that himself, I’m just pointing out that you can’t use the lines to prove a forward pass

There’s a little thing called momentum that I was certain a man of your intelligence would understand when it comes to forward passed... but you never fail to surprise me lately
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

:lol: The ball is clearly thrown backwards and the touchie is, as you say, perfectly in line
Christ, Howler? That might be closer to out and out match fixing to miss that!

But of course it doesnt measure up to your definition of a "howler" but the perametres constantly move save for one componet of it, it must have occurred AGAINST the raiders. So of course it's not a gangers "howler" haha!
Last edited by Botman on July 3, 2019, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I do believe I happily conceded there’s momentum.

I’m also more than happy to concede I can’t prove that pass is forward. That’s kind of my point.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: haha ****! Wrong word

apologies. The ball is clearly thrown backwards as per latrell's hands
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I dont even understand what gangers is trying to prove here. The screen shots and a basic understanding on phyics tells you that the ball MUST have been thrown backwards
and the official is in the perfect spot, looking straight at it

But it didnt happen against the raiders, ergo, not a gangers howler.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:
PigRickman wrote: Btw 50/50 on that forward pass call is an absolute **** piss take and perfectly encapsulates why I would never waste a second trying to meet your standards. That’s why I call you a crackpot. It’s a clear and blatant error, at a critical time of the game that dramatically improved our win expectancy haha
While we’re on the topic of things pigman gets wrong. Let’s revisit this “howler”

Image one ball is passed from behind the line

Ball caught in front of the line.

Touchy perfectly in line.

I know we’ve got some momentum here, but... that’s a 50/50 call based on the television evidence.

Does anyone else think that’s a howler of a decision? Anyone? Comparable to the Sharks fiasco where three separate officials made errors including the one viewing slow motion replays?
I'm testing my memory here, but I thought it was a 'get square' decision. The refs wrongly gave the Roosters 6 again when Croker had clearly turned away from a kick and 45 seconds later they called that forward pass.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017