Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 15 V Eels: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

yeh raiders wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:30 pm
PigRickman wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:27 pm Hiccup. Not great but we'll be alright
Lol
Nah I agree with Pig - we played close to our best half of the year tonight. We followed up with lose to our worst 50 minutes which was ugly but let’s not burn the joint down - hiccup
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

Billy Walker wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:33 pm
yeh raiders wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:30 pm
PigRickman wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:27 pm Hiccup. Not great but we'll be alright
Lol
Nah I agree with Pig - we played close to our best half of the year tonight. We followed up with lose to our worst 50 minutes which was ugly but let’s not burn the joint down - hiccup
Lol
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

This is all because it was a 4 point game. lol
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

I am so furious now with that loss. It is not the end of the season as some are saying. But gee we had a chance to show we are a real threat. Enjoy the next few days in Bali boys, but come back ready to make up for that effort.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Wighton ended that with 5 errors.... I feel that doesn't go far enough to demonstrate how bad some of the errors were...
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

A game that the team should of really been up for, I hope all plans of a trip anywhere are cancelled. ****ing disgusting effort from a team that talks themselves up so much.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

So very bad

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Very disappointing result tonight given the start to the game we had but it's always going to be difficult to win when one of your most important players has such a bad game. It happens though, Jack will bounce back and so will the team. We aren't the only good team to have a loss this weekend.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

rayden83 wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:33 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:31 pm Havent read the full thread but I’m assuming overreactions galore?

Guys the ball was just a sweaty pill. It was popping out every single set. When our ball handling turns into that week after week rather than a one off trip to sweaty humid Darwin then it’s time to worry.

I also don’t think it’s any mystery that Batemans quietest game in green happens in the tropics of Darwin.
Phew I thought we were just shocking and poor glad to hear it was the dew on the ball that caused our woes. Premiership 2019 here will come!
The two aren’t mutually exclusive. We didn’t handle or acclimatise to the conditions well and you can see the noticeable drop off after half an hour as it started to take its toll.

Fortunately we won’t be anywhere near Darwin for the rest of the season nor the finals and I think we will be fine.

I also think we will hit form against dragons and everyone will be back on the “premiership dark horses” wagon rather than “garbage, lucky to be top 12” etc.
Up The Milk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Great game Bailey Simmonson !!!

And CNK was awesome..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Every team bar probably Melbourne have played this sort of game this season. Yes we had some problems bet geez some of you are ridiculous in your reactions.

Calm down, have some green tea and relax.

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Spare a thought for Begbie..... you deserved better mate
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

Did hodgson attempt a strip with just over a minute or 2 before halftime?? When we were winning 16-6 ???? And it was the 4th tackle and they were around halfway gave them 6 again?? And they scored , if that is true then that is the most worrying part of that game, not all the drop balls in tough conditions, just in front of the next most worrying play , whigtons 25m dummy half pass to the feet of a prop standing in the middle of the field, decision making was terrible
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Why is there a Bali trip in the middle of the season anyway? What good can come out of letting mental midget footballers loose in a place like that?

Pretty bush league from Rick and the Raiders brains trust if you ask me.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Finchy wrote: June 29, 2019, 8:32 pm
Azza wrote: June 29, 2019, 8:28 pm So frustrating - I would have said that was one of our best halves of football in ages and then suddenly that crap comes from nowhere for the last 10
Similar to the Sharks game. Rush out to a 20-0 lead, then shut up shop and let the opposition run in easy tries. Same thing is happening tonight. We didn't score another try after 20 minutes last game. Hopefully we can score a few more tonight, because that 4 point lead is looking very thin.
Evidently the same as the Sharks game. Two weeks without scoring any tries for the last 3/4 of the match. Two weeks in a row we've conceded 4 unanswered tries. Worrying trend. Faders of old coming back.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Jack was outstanding in the first half. He had a stinker in the second and owned it in the post match. He’s getting better every week and just needs to put that behind him
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rickmando wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:43 pm Why is there a Bali trip in the middle of the season anyway? What good can come out of letting mental midget footballers loose in a place like that?

Pretty bush league from Rick and the Raiders brains trust if you ask me.
Are you losing faith?

Careful. You'll get sacked from the Rick heads
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Brewdle wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:38 pm Every team bar probably Melbourne have played this sort of game this season. Yes we had some problems bet geez some of you are ridiculous in your reactions.

The problem is we've played this sort of game against Cronulla, Cowboys, Sea Eagles as well. Throw in shellackings by the Storm and Roosters, and we're looking a lot poorer than some of the others. This wasn't a 'one-off'
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

This year the Eels have beaten:

Panthers
Bulldogs
Sharks
Tigpies
Dragons
Bunnies
Broncos
Raiders

They arent mugs, anyone can beat anyone, its not our right to win, and when we lose some of the comments are pathetic.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

The last 50 minutes of that game were disgusting and we clearly didn’t have anyone out there who could stop the rot. It’s a real shame because for the first 30-35 minutes we were near perfect.

We threw away a shot at consolidating a spot in the top 4, essentially with poor ball control and stupid penalties. Some of the efforts in defence weren’t first grade standard. Arm grabbing and pea hearted.

We may have had a rough trip up there but on the back of a week off that shouldn’t be the difference. Conditions were the same for bother teams and we managed them better early but then fell to pieces catastrophically.

I thought we’d got that **** out of our system in the last 2 years but clearly not. Our season has been built on defence and that was the biggest thing that let us down. We lost our line, we lost our speed and we lost our aggression. We have 2 weeks to find it again.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

CKN was great tonight and I thought Simmonsen was our best winger until I saw Raps’ run meters. I guess Raps does a lot of things you just expect of him but Simmonsen’s contributions stand out more.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Seriously someone is complaining about letting them go to Bali?
They are human beings not robots.

In Ricky We Trust
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Disappointing result in that we did not come away with any competition points. A little bit of bad luck when Jack tackled Gutherson and he loses the ball but not seen by the officials and Fergo scores in the next play. That said, a good side with a 16 point lead should bring it home from there. Handling errors took away our early possession advantage and missed tackles sealed our fate. Some of the non-rep players look like they need the bye round. The Rep players will look forward to getting their feet up next weekend.

Jacks game may rule him out of the 5/8 position in Origin 3 but he should still be there at left center.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Jack had terrible second 40 but he wasn't alone tonight .Also fairly poor games from Croker, Sezer, Whitehead among others
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:46 pm
Brewdle wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:38 pm Every team bar probably Melbourne have played this sort of game this season. Yes we had some problems bet geez some of you are ridiculous in your reactions.

The problem is we've played this sort of game against Cronulla, Cowboys, Sea Eagles as well. Throw in shellackings by the Storm and Roosters, and we're looking a lot poorer than some of the others. This wasn't a 'one-off'
Not sure we were ever expected to go through the season undefeated - I always saw us as ending up somewhere between 3rd and 6th. In that tier you’re a team that wins more than it loses but will drop some we shouldn’t. I think if hit form and go on a roll into the finals we are very dangerous but we are unlikely to go through undefeated from here. I’m happy with how we are shaping
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Brew wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:50 pm Seriously someone is complaining about letting them go to Bali?
They are human beings not robots.

It’s fairly unprofessional to hold your end of season trip in the middle of the season. Give them a break by all means, but Bali is no place for them to be right now.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

kiwi raider wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:51 pm Jack had terrible second 40 but he wasn't alone tonight .Also fairly poor games from Croker, Sezer, Whitehead among others
I wouldn’t mind betting our pommy contingent has never played in humid conditions like that
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I sat with a bloke who identified himself as Jack's elder brother at the time of Jacks first game in FG. We were watching on TV at a Club. I can tell you that muscles run in the family.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Raider47 wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:27 pm Hodgson is overrated.
Totally agree with this.

Been in the NRL for 5 yrs and has had 1 standout yr.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Totally agree with this.

Been in the NRL for 5 yrs and has had 1 standout yr with the odd game here and there.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2019 Rd 15 V Eels: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

kiwi raider wrote:Jack had terrible second 40 but he wasn't alone tonight .Also fairly poor games from Croker, Sezer, Whitehead among others
Whitehead is looking unfit to me at the moment EDIT
Just an observation

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Last edited by LastRaider on June 29, 2019, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

News just in. Wighton dropped for Origin. Latrell Mitchell to be his replacement.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

scotchberry wrote: June 29, 2019, 10:01 pm
Totally agree with this.

Been in the NRL for 5 yrs and has had 1 standout yr with the odd game here and there.
Can’t get onboard with this - I thought he was solid tonight first game back from a fair layoff
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Hot conditions boys. They were knackered.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

How many errors did Dylan Brown make - he couldn’t be far behind Jack?