All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Viking Clap - Mark II - Viking Row

Post by luke »

I don't mind it.

Mind you, I'm still waiting for a response to this idea from 2016 ...
To build a bit of interest around each weekend's game, what about the first grade squad starts a "tradition" of a light bridge to bridge run around Lake Burley Griffin on the Thursday or Friday lunch time? I'm thinking you wouldn't publicise it inititially, just let momentum build via social media, word of mouth etc. (Reckon it would build to something pretty great if we had a good season/run to the finals whatever. People coming down at lunch time to cheer them on).

Maybe not practical. Just thinking it could build a bit of interest and also a bit of additional connection between the club and the city.
*Actually, just remembered I did get a response. Sentence above should read "I'm still waiting for a response to this idea from 2016 that agrees how good is it and says the club will definitely do it".
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Not sure this is a brand new idea

* Language advisory

at the 3 minute mark.

Would be cool to see though!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

luke wrote:I don't mind it.

Mind you, I'm still waiting for a response to this idea from 2016 ...
To build a bit of interest around each weekend's game, what about the first grade squad starts a "tradition" of a light bridge to bridge run around Lake Burley Griffin on the Thursday or Friday lunch time? I'm thinking you wouldn't publicise it inititially, just let momentum build via social media, word of mouth etc. (Reckon it would build to something pretty great if we had a good season/run to the finals whatever. People coming down at lunch time to cheer them on).

Maybe not practical. Just thinking it could build a bit of interest and also a bit of additional connection between the club and the city.
*Actually, just remembered I did get a response. Sentence above should read "I'm still waiting for a response to this idea from 2016 that agrees how good is it and says the club will definitely do it".
Don't hold your breath. I came up with a wonderful idea for GE to stand at the gates with a 'clicker' and then just prior to kick off running to the top of the North stand and signalling to commence the Viking clap if we reached a certain attendance. There may have been collaboration with Shifty(?) and a slaughtered sheep or goat in there too - for entertainment purposes only.... (edit - halal certified of course - wouldn't want to offend anyone).

And people wonder why nobody comes up with any decent suggestions on improving the game day experience? GE even pretended it wasn't the greatest idea he had ever heard.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Did you hear back from the club?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
The Great Bambino
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs