Eels 13+
6%

Total votes: 16

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 Rd 15 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Botman »

Good team, really pleased to see Hodgo back and happy for Kris to be in the line up. Excited to see him get more time, i want to get more of a look at him.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

PigRickman wrote: June 25, 2019, 7:17 pm Good team, really pleased to see Hodgo back and happy for Kris to be in the line up. Excited to see him get more time, i want to get more of a look at him.
Agreed
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good team.

#noexcuses #nevergetsold
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'll be angry if we lose this

I look forward to being angry at about 9.30 Saturday

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Good team. We’ll win this.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I think we'll be ok...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I would be a bit more confident with oldfield then kris. Oldfield has never let us down.

Has anyone seen much of kris in centres in the lower grades?
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

I find it a bit hard to compare Oldfield and Kris, but Kris is a centre playing centre whilst Oldfield is a winger who can fill in at fullback or centre. I am happy to see this selection.
boydy80
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by boydy80 »

What a difference 12months makes. Strongest bench I've seen in a raiders line up in years. The fact that we can be down 2 of our best outside backs and still have disagreements over the best replacements is outstanding.
Long time creeper....... First time poster
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

boydy80 wrote: June 26, 2019, 12:16 pm What a difference 12months makes. Strongest bench I've seen in a raiders line up in years. The fact that we can be down 2 of our best outside backs and still have disagreements over the best replacements is outstanding.
Great bench. If they all remain fit i wonder if hudson young will come back and take soliolas spot. I hooe ricky and sia are having that conversation to prepare for how and when that happens
Dont delete this GE
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

simo wrote: June 26, 2019, 12:24 pm
boydy80 wrote: June 26, 2019, 12:16 pm What a difference 12months makes. Strongest bench I've seen in a raiders line up in years. The fact that we can be down 2 of our best outside backs and still have disagreements over the best replacements is outstanding.
Great bench. If they all remain fit i wonder if hudson young will come back and take soliolas spot. I hooe ricky and sia are having that conversation to prepare for how and when that happens
Won’t happen this year nor should it. Sia has had a couple of quieter games recently but he had a big hand in the early season intensity and improved line speed that was the catalyst for our great start.

I’m a Young fan and hope he develops into the player we can all see he’s capable of becoming but, at this stage, he’s still competing with the other young bucks for a spot not Sia.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

papabear wrote: June 26, 2019, 10:42 am I would be a bit more confident with oldfield then kris. Oldfield has never let us down.

Has anyone seen much of kris in centres in the lower grades?
Oldy on the wing - yes. In the centres... well, his contact in defence is very suspect.

I like Oldy as a piece in our squad, but would always rather see the tie-breaker in these situations be the younger guy with more upside (AND playing his natural position)
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Confident vs the Eels too... they’ve flattered to deceive this year.

I feel playing in the neutral venue is almost best case scenario - there will be no WankBest atmosphere or Bruce stadium EDIT to worry about
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ruben Daley wrote: June 26, 2019, 1:07 pm
Won’t happen this year nor should it. Sia has had a couple of quieter games recently but he had a big hand in the early season intensity and improved line speed that was the catalyst for our great start.

I’m a Young fan and hope he develops into the player we can all see he’s capable of becoming but, at this stage, he’s still competing with the other young bucks for a spot not Sia.
If he were competing against an established player, it'd be Lui for mine.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Behind the Limelight: Peter Mulholland and Paul Martin: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... l-martin2/
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

I wonder how Oldie is feeling? No Leilua or Cotric and he still can't get a spot in the outside backs. Three relative rookies ahead of him in the backline with Simonsson, Kris, and Nicoll-Klokstad
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Just on Oldfield it’s a bit weird that he kept Cotric out of centre until 6 weeks ago now Kris ousts him.

Can’t fault Stuart’s moves this year though so you have to back him.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

waqa blake picked up by the eels.

Kris will be interesting for me, didnt see enough of him in his game to make a call, though size wise he seemed small... well smaller then waqa blake.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

julian87 wrote: June 26, 2019, 2:58 pm Just on Oldfield it’s a bit weird that he kept Cotric out of centre until 6 weeks ago now Kris ousts him.

Can’t fault Stuart’s moves this year though so you have to back him.
He kept cotric out when it was only makeshift and not worth disrupting the other edge up for. Its since been found out bj will be out longer and a morw semi perminant option was required. Kris performance at centre must have outshone oldies there
Dont delete this GE
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

papabear wrote: June 26, 2019, 3:28 pm waqa blake picked up by the eels.

Kris will be interesting for me, didnt see enough of him in his game to make a call, though size wise he seemed small... well smaller then waqa blake.
Blake wont play this week as he needed to be named prior to teamlist Tuesday
Dont delete this GE
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

simo wrote: June 26, 2019, 3:34 pm

plus he is still recovering from a grade 3 medial ligament tear
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
boydy80
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by boydy80 »

greeneyed wrote: June 26, 2019, 2:04 pm

X2 Soliola is "old head" off the bench that takes over the forward leadership role. Lui isn't bad, but he's the least impressive of our current forwards.
Long time creeper....... First time poster
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Raiders look too strong and performing too well to lose this match.
So Im tipping the Eels to win.
Raiders will lack the intensity and desire. Eels will take a leaf out of the Sharks book and niggle us into defeat.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Sid wrote: June 26, 2019, 3:44 pm
simo wrote: June 26, 2019, 3:34 pm

plus he is still recovering from a grade 3 medial ligament tear
Plus, he’s hopeless
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Hodgson's return has Canberra Raiders nearing light at end of the tunnel with injury

With the return of Josh Hodgson, Canberra can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with Injury as the Raiders edge closer to fielding a full-strength side.

"We need to keep as many hands on deck as we can come the back end of the year and make sure we're in the semis to give ourselves a shout. Hopefully we get as high as we can up the ladder to give ourselves the best chance in the semis.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

VIDEO: Josh Hodgson: I'm itching to get going again: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... ing-again/
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

We will win this, by plenty. Wighton to have a blinder.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VIDEO: Hear from Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson about his return to the field this weekend and the upcoming clash with the Parramatta Eels.

Josh Hodgson concedes his broken thumb may have come at the right time, admitting his body feels good after a few weeks off. The hooker will return for the Canberra Raiders on Saturday night against the Parramatta Eels Eels, itching to get back on the field after missing the side's last three games, WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/npwu50uN6x6

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

boydy80 wrote: June 26, 2019, 3:50 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 26, 2019, 2:04 pm

X2 Soliola is "old head" off the bench that takes over the forward leadership role. Lui isn't bad, but he's the least impressive of our current forwards.
I agree that Sia is ahead of Lui but I love what Lui brings. His contribution is underrated in my opinion.

Still, I understand the point is eventually Young and co. should be good enough to oust a guy like Lui who's good, but reached his ceiling already.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' rookies stepped up when it mattered most: Ricky Stuart

With some Raiders' big names returning from injury, coach Ricky Stuart paid tribute to the club's burgeoning talent ahead of their clash with Parramatta on Saturday night.

"It's nice getting a number of players back now and it's a credit to the younger guys who've come in and debuted and got that first-grade experience and kept the team on track," Stuart said. "It shows their commitment to the hard work and the learning process at the start of the year is playing great dividends.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/26/rai ... st-stuart/

VIDEO: Josh Hodgson: I'm itching to get going again: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... ing-again/
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Re: 2019 Rd 15 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by Lui_Bon »

RedRaider wrote: June 25, 2019, 5:13 pm
Azza wrote: June 25, 2019, 4:05 pm Keep in mind though that if we didn't award 2 points for the bye the problem isn't really solved and the table would still be confusing. Because assuming you get 2 byes in the year, that's effectively a week where you don't have the opportunity to get 2 points where the other teams do.
I think its a psychological thing for most clubs. Say two teams are level pegging coming into the first bye round. If there are no points for a bye and one of the clubs has a bye, then that side falls behind if the other side wins and there is nothing they can do about it. The following week the side with the 'no points bye' then has to play catch up on the side which is then ahead on the competition table. It changes the mindset of the club which is behind through no fault of their own, simply the draw. Yes it evens out later in the season but for the rounds between the draws one side is disadvantaged on the ladder. I hope they keep the two points for a bye. Particularly in Round 16.
I really can't imagine that the NRL considered the psychological impact on clubs when they came up with this notion! And, as you obviously know, no-one is "disadvantaged on the ladder" in reality until the actual final ladder becomes final... I like that you think the NRL is worried about the imaginary disadvantage and its effect on team psyches, though - you think they should consider the effect of knowing you're on free to air TV, too?

I do like your final point though - knowing the NRL they are just as likely to decide that byes won't count for points after Round 15!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Jack Wighton racks up 14,000km in month to remember

Blues rookie Jack Wighton has already travelled 14,000km this month and is about to play his fifth game of football.

"It comes down to how they're feeling and what will be best for the boys, but they're the best judges of that," Ricky Stuart said. "They're getting a rest this week. They won't do much.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wighto ... 521ih.html
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I would be looking to target Brown and Moses on the edges, a lot. This is usually the case against halves of any stature, but a quick shift to an edge will earn us a fast play the ball to come back through the middle, targeting Mahoney. Will be a good thing to try if we are struggling for metres at any stage.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote: June 27, 2019, 12:21 am Canberra Raiders Jack Wighton racks up 14,000km in month to remember
damn he really has smashed out some decent telstra tracker figures!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

TongueFTW wrote: June 27, 2019, 7:53 am I would be looking to target Brown and Moses on the edges, a lot. This is usually the case against halves of any stature, but a quick shift to an edge will earn us a fast play the ball to come back through the middle, targeting Mahoney. Will be a good thing to try if we are struggling for metres at any stage.
Yea good idea.

Most teams try this except we especially seem to rely too predictably on getting dummy half/1 off the ruck yards from our back 5. Quite a few times this year we've been so easily read and smashed by the other team as a result. Going 2 passes out would be a great idea to broaden the other teams line a but and give us some variation. Even if we only go 2 quick passes wide we've got Jack there running like a backrower, hits his front most times too.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

TongueFTW wrote: June 27, 2019, 7:53 am I would be looking to target Brown and Moses on the edges, a lot. This is usually the case against halves of any stature, but a quick shift to an edge will earn us a fast play the ball to come back through the middle, targeting Mahoney. Will be a good thing to try if we are struggling for metres at any stage.
Agree, but it would be the total opposite tactics to what we deployed against them last time...