15%
Sharks 13+
8%

Total votes: 13

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 14 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Tackle looked fine to me. Hit first with the shoulder, but as part of a legitimate tackling motion.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

raiderskater wrote: June 17, 2019, 8:00 pm If someone is on the ground they are NOT fair game.
Yes, they are. By rule.
The tackle had not been completed, just as Sezer at that point had a right to get up and run, or throw a pass, Fifita has a right to finish the tackle

Fifita's forearm lightly brushing Sezer's head in the course of his completion was not some vicious attack like some are painting it. It was a fair, hard tackle, finished off strongly and if you check the replay out, Sezer himself seemed to have no problem

I dont think CNK deserved to be penalised either, feels like that should have been a chat with the ref to settle down and back to the play the ball, but also when you sprint 15 metres in to instigate a something, you may not always get the BOTD. Lesson learned hopefully.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There was illegal contact to Sezer's head, twice, both deserved a penalty and neither were given. I also believe there was a shoulder charge from Fifita, as no action was taken to use the arms to wrap the tackler. Certainly, the Raiders should not have ended up being penalised after the second of those.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

PigRickman wrote: June 17, 2019, 8:16 pm
raiderskater wrote: June 17, 2019, 8:00 pm If someone is on the ground they are NOT fair game.
Yes, they are. By rule.
The tackle had not been completed, just as Sezer at that point had a right to get up and run, or throw a pass, Fifita has a right to finish the tackle

Fifita's forearm lightly brushing Sezer's head in the course of his completion was not some vicious attack like some are painting it. It was a fair, hard tackle, finished off strongly and if you check the replay out, Sezer himself seemed to have no problem

I dont think CNK deserved to be penalised either, feels like that should have been a chat with the ref to settle down and back to the play the ball, but also when you sprint 15 metres in to instigate a something, you may not always get the BOTD. Lesson learned hopefully.
Yeah, as much as I hate Fifita and think he was being a bit of a dog (as is his go), I would be cheering if Papa or Bateman did that to Mitchell Moses or someone
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They're NOT fair game for an illegal hit to the head. That's why the players ran in, because their halfback copped a shot to the head!
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:14 pm They're NOT fair game for an illegal hit to the head. That's why the players ran in, because their halfback copped a shot to the head!
If the contact to the head was that bad, why was he not penalised, and has no case to answer (for that incident) from the match review committee?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The contact was minimal and incidental, it didnt warrant a penalty.
Unless you want to go down the path of any contact, however minor with the head, in any circumstance, is a penalty... in which case we'll have a penalty every single set of the game.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:18 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:14 pm They're NOT fair game for an illegal hit to the head. That's why the players ran in, because their halfback copped a shot to the head!
If the contact to the head was that bad, why was he not penalised, and has no case to answer (for that incident) from the match review committee?
It was an obvious penalty. It should have been given on field. It was obviously also not reportable. No subsequent action could be taken, nor am I arguing that he should have been charged for it. I'm less certain about the shoulder charge... as that is potentially more dangerous.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Well, the referees and the NRL seem to think it was fair game.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finchy wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:43 pm Well, the referees and the NRL seem to think it was fair game.
And they’re wrong. If you haven’t noticed, they’re often wrong. Every Monday they have a press conference admitting a few mistakes. But they admit every week they don’t cover every mistake either.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:
Finchy wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:43 pm Well, the referees and the NRL seem to think it was fair game.
And they’re wrong. If you haven’t noticed, they’re often wrong. Every Monday they have a press conference admitting a few mistakes. But they admit every week they don’t cover every mistake either.
And they're not robots.. referees aren't going to get every single decision right doesn't matter what sport

Pinning the referees for every missed decision is tedious, considering I can absolutely guarantee anyone who complains has made plenty of mistakes in their working career.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

-TW- wrote: June 17, 2019, 10:00 pm
greeneyed wrote:
And they're not robots.. referees aren't going to get every single decision right doesn't matter what sport

Pinning the referees for every missed decision is tedious, considering I can absolutely guarantee you've made plenty of mistakes in your working career.

Actually, my "working career" is dependent on me not making "plenty of mistakes", but I get your point
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote:

Pinning the referees for every missed decision is tedious, considering I can absolutely guarantee anyone who complains has made plenty of mistakes in their working career.

All the posts pretending there is no problem and there is nothing to see here - that is just as tedious. All the posts pretending that we can't ever point out that the referees make mistakes. Pretending that every mistaken call against the Raiders are all OK... just because that suits a certain agenda... that is tedious too. The referees make mistakes, they did in this case, they're not immune to criticism, just like the players get criticised.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

And players get unjustly critiqued, ie the Croker thread

As do referees...

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: June 17, 2019, 11:33 pm And players get unjustly critiqued, ie the Croker thread

As do referees...

The referees have widely been criticised for their performance in the clash between the Raiders and Sharks, and correctly so.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Finchy wrote: June 17, 2019, 10:04 pm
greeneyed wrote:

Pinning the referees for every missed decision is tedious, considering I can absolutely guarantee you've made plenty of mistakes in your working career.

Actually, my "working career" is dependent on me not making "plenty of mistakes", but I get your point
Unless you have to do yours making instant decisions within half second constantly with 10 000 people screaming at you from 50m away and 26 blokes griping in your ear in real time about the job you are doing and going into a situation which is largely out of your control and you just have to both react to what is happening but are also expected to control the situation with every single action and decision recorded and scrutinised by a panel of thousands of completely openly biased stakeholders then there's probably not a huge amount of similarity.

Maybe a surgeon has pressure, but they go in forewarned on exactly what they are intending to do and how to do it and every scan and info possible on how it is likely to play out.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Rickman wrote: June 11, 2019, 7:40 am
hobbsy wrote:
Dusty wrote: June 10, 2019, 6:33 pm Betting agencies can be clueless

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
They most certainly know what they are doing
Hahaha they absolutely do

What a strange debate... the raiders are favourites because they deserve to be. They should absolutely beat the sharks at home

This forum continues to get weirder and weirder
Just want to revisit that the bookies opened up with the raiders favourites and a 1.5 point line. I wish i was that clueless
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol:
Bookies are actually **** incredible in how they can often they can accurately predict something with as wild variances as sports

these ***** could probably cure cancer if they used their brain power for good instead of evil
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:53 pm
And they’re wrong. /quote]

No, on this occasion and like many occasions regarding the officials. You're the one who's wrong, old friend.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: June 18, 2019, 10:44 am
The Rickman wrote: June 11, 2019, 7:40 am
hobbsy wrote:
Dusty wrote: June 10, 2019, 6:33 pm Betting agencies can be clueless

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
They most certainly know what they are doing
Hahaha they absolutely do

What a strange debate... the raiders are favourites because they deserve to be. They should absolutely beat the sharks at home

This forum continues to get weirder and weirder
Just want to revisit that the bookies opened up with the raiders favourites and a 1.5 point line. I wish i was that clueless
The bookies just have no idea... Sharks deserved to be favourites and proved their dominance over the Raiders by... *checks notes*… losing the game.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Two Canberra Raiders make the Round 14 NRL.com Team of the Week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/cho ... -round-14/ via @NRL

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings

2. Canberra Raiders (5)
It's time to give them some love but I'm still undecided about Aidan Sezer at halfback. I think Sam Williams needs to be your man, and unless you get that cohesiveness, consistency and combinations from your seven and six I don't know if the Raiders can win a semifinal in Sydney or Melbourne. The sooner they sort out their halves and leave them there the better.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/17/sow ... -the-year/

Second is a bit strong.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Finally having our power ranked highly. Have we power ranked too early?
Dont delete this GE
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: June 18, 2019, 4:47 pm NRL.com power rankings

2. Canberra Raiders (5)
It's time to give them some love but I'm still undecided about Aidan Sezer at halfback. I think Sam Williams needs to be your man, and unless you get that cohesiveness, consistency and combinations from your seven and six I don't know if the Raiders can win a semifinal in Sydney or Melbourne. The sooner they sort out their halves and leave them there the better.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/17/sow ... -the-year/

Second is a bit strong.
This bamboozled me until I realised it was written by Jamie Soward, Turnstile Extraordinare...
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

His ranking and his summary don't match up at all
-_-
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rooster at no6?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha you guys don’t understand power rankings at all, do you?

We absolutely deserve to be second right now behind the Storm (who I assume is first?) and if the Roosters are sixth that makes perfect sense too! They literally hadn’t won since they played us until the bulldogs game!

I swear this forum is just.... ughhhh!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 7:33 pm Haha you guys don’t understand power rankings at all, do you?

We absolutely deserve to be second right now behind the Storm (who I assume is first?) and if the Roosters are sixth that makes perfect sense too! They literally hadn’t won since they played us until the bulldogs game!

You were writing us an algorithm that produced scientific power rankings, rather than the very stray, random brain waves of Jamie Soward. How's that going?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:
The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 7:33 pm Haha you guys don’t understand power rankings at all, do you?

You were writing us an algorithm that produced scientific power rankings, rather than the very stray, random brain waves of Jamie Soward. How's that going?
It’s going well and it also has us as second and the roosters as sixth!

I swear you guys just need to pooh pooh everything
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 7:41 pm
greeneyed wrote:

I think everyone should now "pooh pooh" Nickman!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt's matchups vs Sowards power rankings. Now there's a battle for the ages.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:
The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 7:41 pm
greeneyed wrote:

I think everyone should now "pooh pooh" Nickman!
Did... did you just edit how I said pooh pooh?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

To Rickman i say...