Sharks 13+
8%

Total votes: 13

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2019 Rd 14 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote:Not looking good... Cotric probably out 4-6. Good we have a couple of weeks off coming up
Oldbeard back in and we’ll keep on keeping on. The team is bigger than any players this year (except Bateman)

We’ve now won three from three without Hodgson, which was impossible in seasons gone
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Azza wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:10 pm Not looking good... Cotric probably out 4-6. Good we have a couple of weeks off coming up
Oldfield right back in again.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The Rickman wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:
The Rickman wrote:Haha I’m not reading this thread because you’re all such a sack of sad ****, but I honestly LOVED every minute of that game

That was such a rewarding result. The team will get so much more out of that than going on to flog the sharks
I'm with you Nickman. Seriously. When's the last time we beat the Sharks at home? And people want to bitch about our performance. Can we celebrate a win for once?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Hahaha I’m serious, I didn’t read the thread, but I just assume it’s full of “oh my god we’re going to lose” and “sack everybody” garbage, because I honestly feel like we have the worst fan base in the world

All I’ve heard this week is how we couldn’t win this game, I never doubted we could. And there was no point tonight I thought we were going to lose, and we didn’t

So it’s about time people bucked up and actually enjoyed this **** team. Because I haven’t felt this way about the raiders since the 90s. They’re such a pleasure to watch
I just don't get it. This is our best season in **** years, we're in the top four, have multiple guys playing Origin but you'd never know it if you only read this place. The way people **** on the team you'd think we're in last.

LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:04 pm Haha I’m not reading this thread because you’re all such a sack of sad ****, but I honestly LOVED every minute of that game

That was such a rewarding result. The team will get so much more out of that than going on to flog the sharks
Thanks for that, can you stop posting your dribble so I don't have read it also.

WorkChoice
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:12 pm
Azza wrote:Not looking good... Cotric probably out 4-6. Good we have a couple of weeks off coming up
Oldbeard back in and we’ll keep on keeping on. The team is bigger than any players this year (except Bateman)

We’ve now won three from three without Hodgson, which was impossible in seasons gone
Sack Hodgo
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2019 Rd 14 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Brew wrote:What a great win. Years gone by we always lose that game.

Yeah sure we let them back In but winning like that has never been us. Winning becomes a habit.

John Bateman love him he is in everything.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
You’ve been one of the worst! We couldn’t win last week because of Marshall and Farah, we couldn’t win this week because of Sharks in Canberra... when are you going to jump on board, Brew?
Last edited by The Nickman on June 13, 2019, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

LP Raider wrote:
The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:04 pm Haha I’m not reading this thread because you’re all such a sack of sad ****, but I honestly LOVED every minute of that game

Thanks for that, can you stop posting your dribble so I don't have read it also.
Wait... what?? Is everything alright at home, LP Smash?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Raider Azz wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:12 pm
The Rickman wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:
The Rickman wrote:Haha I’m not reading this thread because you’re all such a sack of sad ****, but I honestly LOVED every minute of that game

I'm with you Nickman. Seriously. When's the last time we beat the Sharks at home? And people want to bitch about our performance. Can we celebrate a win for once?

Hahaha I’m serious, I didn’t read the thread, but I just assume it’s full of “oh my god we’re going to lose” and “sack everybody” garbage, because I honestly feel like we have the worst fan base in the world

All I’ve heard this week is how we couldn’t win this game, I never doubted we could. And there was no point tonight I thought we were going to lose, and we didn’t

So it’s about time people bucked up and actually enjoyed this **** team. Because I haven’t felt this way about the raiders since the 90s. They’re such a pleasure to watch
I just don't get it. This is our best season in **** years, we're in the top four, have multiple guys playing Origin but you'd never know it if you only read this place. The way people **** on the team you'd think we're in last.

Winning ugly is the sign of a good team. It's been a strength of the Storm in recent years. They can be off their game but still scrape together a win.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Not disagreeing it's just disappointing. Will need to improve on that as the year goes on if we want to compete come finals time
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Also can I just say havili doesn't get much credit but I think he's done a bang up job in hodgson's absence
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote:

Not disagreeing it's just disappointing. Will need to improve on that as the year goes on if we want to compete come finals time
No, that’s not true at all. We need to learn to win above all costs, and that’s what we did tonight. We could’ve easily rolled over and lost that game, but we dug in and ground it out.

You can’t coach that, you only get it from experience, and this team is getting this experience in spades.

Make no mistake about it, this game does so much more for our finals campaign than if we went on to win 40-nil
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

up yours cronulllaaaaaa
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:18 pm
Azza wrote:

No, that’s not true at all. We need to learn to win above all costs, and that’s what we did tonight. We could’ve easily rolled over and lost that game, but we dug in and ground it out.

You can’t coach that, you only get it from experience, and this team is getting this experience in spades.

Make no mistake about it, this game does so much more for our finals campaign than if we went on to win 40-nil
Yes, it is true at all. we have the knack of winning games now but that's not going to be enough. We can't keep dropping off and letting 20 points in and expecting to win games against these sorts of teams.

I'm happy with tonight I'm just making the point that we still have a way to go to be a contender. Thankfully we seem to be heading in the right direction
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

We have won 3 straight - we have broken another hoodoo. We have toughed it out and not fallen apart when the scores were level. Im stoked!! Go Raiders!! You guys rock!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

We’ve won three games without Hodgson, one against one of the best teams in the comp. that was simply unthinkable last season.

It’s about times our fans started to enjoy our season for what it is
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Win 3 games in a row with half our first grade roster missing, fair effort i reckon!
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:23 pm We’ve won three games without Hodgson, one against one of the best teams in the comp. that was simply unthinkable last season.

I wish some people would get off their high horse. just because I'm raising a valid point that both the coach and the players in post match interviews have made doesn't mean I didn't enjoy tonight's victory. We did well to hold on - but we need to avoid lapses like that in the future if we're going to go deep into the finals. And that's exactly what I want to see this team do.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

A much needed win but the fantastic 1st 20 mins was soured by the next 50 mins of lackluster insipid unprofessional footie. To go far in the NRL the Raiders need to be more professional; you don't get in fights when you are ahead and don't try to milk penalties in the play the ball in your own 20. Both led to CS tries. Sitting in the MM Stand I thought they were gone in the 2nd half but somehow they jagged a win despite the best efforts of the refs. I take back everything bad I've ever said against JC in the past. That intercept in the last seconds of the game was priceless and blood pressure deflating :-0
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Great win, fought like lions, against some dodgy interpretations of the rules.
Some posters in here need to look in the mirror, pathetic...you know who you are agtppk. give it a rest, you look like a bitter fool.

Proud of my team tonight.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote:
The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:23 pm We’ve won three games without Hodgson, one against one of the best teams in the comp. that was simply unthinkable last season.

I wish some people would get off their high horse. just because I'm raising a valid point that both the coach and the players in post match interviews have made doesn't mean I didn't enjoy tonight's victory. We did well to hold on - but we need to avoid lapses like that in the future if we're going to go deep into the finals. And that's exactly what I want to see this team do.
Man... I really wasn’t having a crack at you, hey
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

The Rickman is the biggest flog going..... The worst 6 years in the clubs history 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2019 Rd 14 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Sid »

Raiders have now played the most games in the comp, 2 more games than 7 teams
Last edited by Sid on June 13, 2019, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Rickman defend that pathetic performance from the refs tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Cotric - "worst case scenario 6 weeks, best case 2 weeks"
Up The Milk
Not_Easy_Being_Green
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Not_Easy_Being_Green »

Im actually all for Seb Kris to come back in the centres.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Mickey_Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:36 pm Cotric - "worst case scenario 6 weeks, best case 2 weeks"
So with our medical staff thats one week.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Marty Johns: They’re not in that top tier with teams like the Roosters.

You mean those chumps below us on the ladder?
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Azza wrote:

But, if there’s anyone that could coach it...
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Two competition points = Mission accomplished. The match itself went with possession. When we dominated possession we dominated the score board. When the Sharks had successive sets at us they scored. In fact even though we had the overall possession advantage the Sharks outscored us 4 tries to 3. The difference was JC's goal kicking performance. One from the side line in particular was just sensational.

Really feel for Nic Cotric. Now an Origin player and to go off injured because Wade Graham stepped on his ankle accidentally was extremely bad luck for the young man. He was able to hobble from the field so I don't know how bad it is. With Rep round next week, hopefully he misses only that and will then be available for the Eels match. We then have a bye round, after which the likes of Hodgo and HorsPower may also be available.

Other than one kick out on the full I had Jack as my MOTM. Determined and gutsy all game. I think he will again front for Origin as will Papa.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:39 pm Marty Johns: They’re not in that top tier with teams like the Roosters.

You mean those chumps below us on the ladder? Image
...until they play the Dogs this weekend
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

They’re saying 4-6 weeks for Cotric, but that could equal just one game with the way the draw is. Our next game isn’t until the 29th, and after that we’re not back on deck till July 14.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Azza wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:19 pm
Azza wrote:

Yes, it is true at all. we have the knack of winning games now but that's not going to be enough. We can't keep dropping off and letting 20 points in and expecting to win games against these sorts of teams.

I'm happy with tonight I'm just making the point that we still have a way to go to be a contender. Thankfully we seem to be heading in the right direction
You’re spot on Azza.

It was such a weird game, very polarising. I think a lot of us are going to have different feelings about tonight, and that’s OK.

I don’t think any of us want to give the 2 competition points back? We can all agree on that.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Papalii has had 3 games in 8 days. Total of 50 runs for 494m. He's a machine.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

There’s a huge amount to take out of that win. It was ugly and the Sharks certainly dragged us down to their level but they are a very good football team. The Sharks got off their line quickly for most of the game and made it really hard for us to get any momentum.

It was great seeing Wighton put Croker over untouched with a well run set play. One of the only tries we have scored all year like that. The gritty defence at the end to hang on to a 2 point lead was fantastic and the crowd really got behind the team.

It was a game where both teams took advantage of the periods of momentum they had to put points on but we still managed to hang on for the win.

This season Bateman could be our most important player. We look like a far better team when he’s on the field.

Hard to imagine what is possible at full strength!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

From the 30th minute we were absolutely horrible, zero intensity or line speed

We obviously got to 20-0 up and thought it was going to be a walk in the park

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk