gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 14 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by gerg »

Northern Raider wrote:
Rickmando wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:53 pm
gergreg wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:51 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Rickmando wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:45 pm Lucky Croker grabbed that intercept - most important play of the game and once again he’s miles out of position flailing his arms
I didn’t want to go there but he had rushed out and was awfully out of position again. Very lucky it was a **** pass because he left a big hole again.
Greatest raiders try scorer soon. Greatest raiders point scorer. Second highest games for the club. Two games he has made 'the' big play when it really mattered, in the last few weeks. Suck it up boys.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
He absolute carped the bed on that last play. Watch it again.
You mean the one where he took the intercept to shut down the Sharks final attack and close out the win?
It was the right play and if not a match winner it certainly closed it out.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕Cronulla
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas

Dirty bastards
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

dubby wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:43 pm
Northern Raider wrote:Happy to get away with that one
Happy we won, I don't agree we "got away with it "

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
We dropped off definitely but the fact is last year we would have lost that game
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Azza wrote:Glad we won. hate the sharks and it's time we beat them. Not sure what to make of that performance though
Yeah I'm with you.

Just glad we won. Let's move on and hope Nick's ok

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas

Fifita is a fat ****
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Either the sharks are the fastest men on earth or they were offside. Im not one for bitching about the refs but that was an extremely skinny ten
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Stoked with that win. We have won so many ugly games this year which we absolutely wouldn’t have won last year.

There is no way we win that last year.

We now have a long break with the bye to recover and regroup and are nicely placed in the top 4.

Happy days
Up The Milk
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:58 pm
LP Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:54 pm
dubby wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:52 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
I don’t have a problem with the refs tonight. Sharks were up a bit quick in the second half but it’s on us to adapt and shorten our defensive gap
No, it's up to the bloody refs to penalize them according to the rules of the game

Billy your wrong, the refs were garbage. So is Pig
I’m embarrassed that Raiders fans are the biggest squealers about refs going around. The Fifita hit on Sezer was fine. The apparent high shot on Sezer was nothing. Read back through the thread - some of you need to take off the green glasses and get a reality check.
We had the ball and got penalised for nothing.
WorkChoice
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Northern Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:55 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Rickmando wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:45 pm Lucky Croker grabbed that intercept - most important play of the game and once again he’s miles out of position flailing his arms
I didn’t want to go there but he had rushed out and was awfully out of position again. Very lucky it was a **** pass because he left a big hole again.
Greatest raiders try scorer soon. Greatest raiders point scorer. Second highest games for the club. Two games he has made 'the' big play when it really mattered, in the last few weeks. Suck it up boys.

You mean the one where he took the intercept to shut down the Sharks final attack and close out the win?
That’s the one. He was totally out of position, once again. He got extremely lucky the sharks took a poor option
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

As quiet as Raps was tonight I’d be happy to see him get a match bonus for that shot on Wade Graham late in the half. He nailed him!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rickmando wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:01 pm
Northern Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:55 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

That’s the one. He was totally out of position, once again. He got extremely lucky the sharks took a poor option
Good to know we're talking about the same play. :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

gergreg wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:57 pm
Rickmando wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:

Nonsense. They just showed the replay. He didn't rush in at all. He moved up with the defensive line and then made the play. I've been critical of him earlier in the year but he has been good the past few weeks.

I just watched it again and if anyone rushed up out of position it was Wighton - Croker was actually covering him.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
rraided
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by rraided »

I think Sia needs a week or two off. Looks a little lethargic at the moment.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Pete Cash wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:00 pm Either the sharks are the fastest men on earth or they were offside. Im not one for bitching about the refs but that was an extremely skinny ten
Ask Billy, we're a bunched of whingers.

FM some of the tacklers were making hits a metre behind the ruck, Billy off your head mate **** larfable.
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

rraided wrote:I think Sia needs a week or two off. Looks a little lethargic at the moment.
Yeah he's not right. Might be injured.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Elcaptcroker wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:58 pm If it wasnt for croker we would of lost and im not saying that because of the intercept, im talking about the kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is important. Croker kicked 5/5 tonight and if he doesn't we lose.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha I’m not reading this thread because you’re all such a sack of sad ****, but I honestly LOVED every minute of that game

That was such a rewarding result. The team will get so much more out of that than going on to flog the sharks
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Nice..

That is all.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

One call that really irked me was Croker strip on Dugan being called a knock on and Sharks feed. Ball clearly went back towards Raiders line. Refs basically saying of Dugan dropped it cold it would have been knocked back.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The Rickman wrote:Haha I’m not reading this thread because you’re all such a sack of sad ****, but I honestly LOVED every minute of that game

That was such a rewarding result. The team will get so much more out of that than going on to flog the sharks
I'm with you Nickman. Seriously. When's the last time we beat the Sharks at home? And people want to bitch about our performance. Can we celebrate a win for once?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

I hate the sharks. So damn grubby.

The refs were awful tonight worst I’ve seen all year
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:Haha I’m not reading this thread because you’re all such a sack of sad ****, but I honestly LOVED every minute of that game

You really don't want to read it. Apparently Croker did the wrong thing at the end where he intercepted and finished the game.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

agreed, im going to bed angry and relieved and proud and classic sticky
Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

raiderskater wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:04 pm
Elcaptcroker wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:58 pm If it wasnt for croker we would of lost and im not saying that because of the intercept, im talking about the kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is important. Croker kicked 5/5 tonight and if he doesn't we lose.
Including one from left touchline. That's the side he's struggled with this year.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

bonehead wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:08 pm

agreed, im going to bed angry and relieved and proud and classic sticky
Your going to bed sticky? :o
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

That second half was truly terrible. Mindless penalties, ill discipline, last tackle meltdowns, all over the shop.
We deserved to lose that game.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:06 pm One call that really irked me was Croker strip on Dugan being called a knock on and Sharks feed. Ball clearly went back towards Raiders line. Refs basically saying of Dugan dropped it cold it would have been knocked back.
That was backed up with Bateo stirring up Gallen and giving away a penalty..

Our start to the 2nd half was poor..
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Freddy saying physio’s believe Cotric has a syndesmosis which is 6 weeks
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Azz wrote:

I'm with you Nickman. Seriously. When's the last time we beat the Sharks at home? And people want to bitch about our performance. Can we celebrate a win for once?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Hahaha I’m serious, I didn’t read the thread, but I just assume it’s full of “oh my god we’re going to lose” and “sack everybody” garbage, because I honestly feel like we have the worst fan base in the world

All I’ve heard this week is how we couldn’t win this game, I never doubted we could. And there was no point tonight I thought we were going to lose, and we didn’t

So it’s about time people bucked up and actually enjoyed this **** team. Because I haven’t felt this way about the raiders since the 90s. They’re such a pleasure to watch
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Not looking good... Cotric probably out 4-6. Good we have a couple of weeks off coming up
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I was blowing up a skootch dramatically in the game thread, but **** hell there were two un-pinged high shots in the second half, the penalty against Bateman should’ve been against Gallen and that was 100% a shoulder charge by Fifita.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-PJ- wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:09 pm
Northern Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:06 pm One call that really irked me was Croker strip on Dugan being called a knock on and Sharks feed. Ball clearly went back towards Raiders line. Refs basically saying of Dugan dropped it cold it would have been knocked back.
That was backed up with Bateo stirring up Gallen and giving away a penalty..

Our start to the 2nd half was poor..
There wasn't much in that scuffle I thought. No idea how they could pick out one player for a penalty.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

We rock..

Goodnight all.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

What a great win. Years gone by we always lose that game.

Yeah sure we let them back In but winning like that has never been us. Winning becomes a habit.

John Bateman love him he is in everything.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust