Sharks 13+
8%

Total votes: 13

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 14 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Rick »

**** You you grubby sharks !!! Refs were **** rubbish tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

That’s the definition of an ugly win

'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

We hung tough against a team legit taking the piss. They were never on side and were like usain bolt coming off the defensive line. That said there were a few things that annoyed me. We cant out grub the sharks. They love that stuff

Defense needs to improve. It was a bad day in defense

We would have lost that 40-20 last year
Last edited by Pete Cash on June 13, 2019, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

gergreg wrote:
Raider of d Lost Ark wrote:Ashley Klein will be dropped for next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has to be. That was awful. As soon as a team got behind on the scoreboard he refereed one side. And that penalty which should have been against Sia.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Also the fafita shoulder charge.

LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Pig you out there, not sure EDIT.

Putrid, the last decision was beyond embarrassing...I will say the refs EDIT
WorkChoice
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

That was the type of game we've been losing past couple of seasons. Hardly pretty but really happy to get the 2 points. Gotta give the guys credit for hanging tough when Sharks had at the momentum.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

yeh raiders wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:42 pm I wish Guler would get more minutes, he is better than Ricky thinks.
Good call. We were getting destroyed through the middle from about the 25 minute mark, why not throw a fresh young body in there to see what he can do??
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

At least we played ok when the game was on the line, we were ok that last 20 considering what had happened in the 30 mins before that, last years team lose that and possibly by plenty
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Rickmando wrote:Lucky Croker grabbed that intercept - most important play of the game and once again he’s miles out of position flailing his arms
ImageImageImage

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Toviii wrote:That’s the definition of an ugly win

Good to see you around Tovs

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

When our team is fully fit Horsburgh comes in for Sia.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Billy Walker wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:46 pm
Rickmando wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:45 pm Lucky Croker grabbed that intercept - most important play of the game and once again he’s miles out of position flailing his arms
I didn’t want to go there but he had rushed out and was awfully out of position again. Very lucky it was a **** pass because he left a big hole again.
Wasn't he in the perfect position? :shock:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rads1984
Brett Mullins

Post by Rads1984 »

Really quite disappointed with that game. Sharks were horrible and we were probably worse overall.

However, we have the 2 points and that’s all that matters halfway through the season!!

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

That was a dead set disgraceful performance by the refs tonight. The Bateman penalty and CNK penalty were 100% wrong.

Lucky we started so strong. The Sharks had 15 on the field tonight after the 30th minute.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I don’t have a problem with the refs tonight. Sharks were up a bit quick in the second half but it’s on us to adapt and shorten our defensive gap
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Billy Walker wrote:
Rickmando wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:45 pm Lucky Croker grabbed that intercept - most important play of the game and once again he’s miles out of position flailing his arms
I didn’t want to go there but he had rushed out and was awfully out of position again. Very lucky it was a **** pass because he left a big hole again.
Greatest raiders try scorer soon. Greatest raiders point scorer. Second highest games for the club. Two games he has made 'the' big play when it really mattered, in the last few weeks. Suck it up boys.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

raiderskater wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:46 pm
I disagree. He knew they had to throw the pass, so he put himself in the right position to make things happen.
He had rushed up long before there was any hint of a pass. All he did was break up our defensive line and invite passing through the hands or a kick through.

Not the play of a 200+ game first grader. He lost his composure.

He was flailing and he got super lucky that the sharks took literally the ONLY option he could cover in that position.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

No, it's up to the bloody refs to penalize them according to the rules of the game

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Makaveli wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:42 pm Matty Johns "that was a real quality game"

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Everything wrong with NSW football, will spend the next 59 minutes sprucking his boy Pearce on his show.
WorkChoice
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

gergreg wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:51 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Greatest raiders try scorer soon. Greatest raiders point scorer. Second highest games for the club. Two games he has made 'the' big play when it really mattered, in the last few weeks. Suck it up boys.

He absolute carped the bed on that last play. Watch it again.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Cronulla fans reading this 🖕
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Rads1984 wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:50 pm Really quite disappointed with that game. Sharks were horrible and we were probably worse overall.

However, we have the 2 points and that’s all that matters halfway through the season!!

Wasn't what you'd expect for a battle for a top 4 spot. Then again it's how the Sharks play it. They like to turn matches into grubby slugfests. I'm happy we were able to see it out.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Billy your wrong, the refs were garbage. So is Pig
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

LP Raider wrote:
Makaveli wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:42 pm Matty Johns "that was a real quality game"

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Everything wrong with NSW football, will spend the next 59 minutes sprucking his boy Pearce on his show.
Yeah it's been a Pearce love fest

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

You mean the one where he took the intercept to shut down the Sharks final attack and close out the win?
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

edwahu wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:44 pm It was a great win. Sharks are a great side and we won't ever beat that side pretty.
This. The Sharks are a genuine contender. They were off their game for the start of the match tonight and we capitalised which gave us enough to win. Very happy to take the 2 points and look ahead.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Northern Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:47 pm That was the type of game we've been losing past couple of seasons. Hardly pretty but really happy to get the 2 points. Gotta give the guys credit for hanging tough when Sharks had at the momentum.
I think it's a reality on what we should expect come semi final time.
WorkChoice
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Northern Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:47 pm That was the type of game we've been losing past couple of seasons. Hardly pretty but really happy to get the 2 points. Gotta give the guys credit for hanging tough when Sharks had at the momentum.
Exactly right. Last few years we lose that. There’s our evolution as a team. Reality is tonight was always gonna be close. Was never going to be a 20 point game.
That is a great win for us. Always room for improvement but any team that says there isn’t even after a win is kidding themselves
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Suck it Gallen!!!

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Rickmando wrote:
gergreg wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:51 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

He absolute carped the bed on that last play. Watch it again.
Nonsense. They just showed the replay. He didn't rush in at all. He moved up with the defensive line and then made the play. I've been critical of him earlier in the year but he has been good the past few weeks.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Billy Walker wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:51 pm
I don’t have a problem with the refs tonight. Sharks were up a bit quick in the second half but it’s on us to adapt and shorten our defensive gap
A bit quick? :shock:
They were on us before we got passed the play the ball multiple times, they also held on in the tackle for an eternity, if they has of penalised Soliola for holding on late in the game like everyone is saying it would have been an absolute disgrace given how long they held on in the tackle all night
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Would be interested to hear from someone at the game, were the sharks offside all night? Definitely sounded like the crowd was booing nearly every attacking set

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

LP Raider wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:54 pm
dubby wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:52 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
No, it's up to the bloody refs to penalize them according to the rules of the game

Billy your wrong, the refs were garbage. So is Pig
I’m embarrassed that Raiders fans are the biggest squealers about refs going around. The Fifita hit on Sezer was fine. The apparent high shot on Sezer was nothing. Read back through the thread - some of you need to take off the green glasses and get a reality check.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

If it wasnt for croker we would of lost and im not saying that because of the intercept, im talking about the kick

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Glad we won. hate the sharks and it's time we beat them. Not sure what to make of that performance though