No votes

Total votes: 10

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: 2019 Rd 13 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by zim »

179m backing up 2 days after origin. **** hell papa you beast.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Great win by the boys, outstanding defence.

Big shout out to the Raiders supporters at the ground, could hear you loud and proud on the TV coverage, particularly the Viking Clap towards the end 🙂.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

zim wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:22 pm 179m backing up 2 days after origin. **** hell papa you beast.
Yeah he was very good - wasn’t a bad forward out there for us really. There is a real consistency building across the team. Very positive signs.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Well GE your scowling worked :roflmao even made Bunji miss the 2nd half!!!! :clap:
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Billy Walker wrote:
luke wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:11 pm Burn the sack Croker thread
He didn’t do much - didn’t have a bad game but hardly smashed it either.
Lol
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Be interested to hear if Ricky is asked about Raps. Keen to know if he copped and early injury or still isn’t 100%. He was good but well off his best. Hopefully just needs time in the middle and nothing more.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Outstanding performance.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Raider Azz wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:21 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
**** me you are unbearable.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Wow. Amazing comment to make after that game, Billy. Unbearable is right.
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

Tigers weren’t poor. I think that was our strongest game this year. The boys were ruthless. Everyone committed to win that game tonight. Very proud
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Billy Walker wrote:

Yep. Incredible.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Ruben Daley wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:35 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

I’m saying he had a good match but I didn’t think he did anything exceptional.
luke
John Ferguson

Post by luke »

Dig up champion
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson

Post by Ruben Daley »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:39 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

I know. He didn’t have an exceptional, one-for-ages match. I agree. I suppose it’s more about why there is a need to say it. He had a very good match in which he did everything right and the team smashed it.

He also came up with the game-winning play last week - when he was fairly well hammered by some on this forum.

The point is he’s doing pretty well and the ‘Sack Croker’ thread stinks. We need to save the ‘Sack anyone’ threads for real problems, which he isn’t close to being.

I think that’s why Luke wrote his original post. It was probably just a call for more tempered reactions to players not totally killing it.

No need for a ‘Sack Rapa’ thread tonight, for example.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Ruben Daley wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:44 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

I know. He didn’t have an exceptional, one-for-ages match. I agree. I suppose it’s more about why there is a need to say it. He had a very good match in which he did everything right and the team smashed it.

He also came up with the game-winning play last week - when he was fairly well hammered by some on this forum.

The point is he’s doing pretty well and the ‘Sack Croker’ thread stinks. We need to save the ‘Sack anyone’ threads for real problems, which he isn’t close to being.

I think that’s why Luke wrote his original post. It was probably just a call for more tempered reactions to players not totally killing it.

There is no ‘sack Croker’ thread? There is a ‘Jarrod Croker’ thread.

The thing I’m pleased about is the depth the club is developing that allows us to ask questions about Croker, Havilli and others.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You setting your sights on Havili this week?

Haha

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson

Post by Ruben Daley »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:47 pm

There is no ‘sack Croker’ thread? There is a ‘Jarrod Croker’ thread.

The thing I’m pleased about is the depth the club is developing that allows us to ask questions about Croker, Havilli and others.
Read much of that thread, mate?

You’re right though, it’s good to have healthy debate because it shows we have depth. I’ve loved seeing the young bucks fight it out in the pack this year. And Bailey played his best game tonight. He had some tremendous plays. Everyone At the club knows the next guy in line for their spot can do the job.

I still wonder about the need for a thread to discuss Croker’s performance though. More time should be spent on the worst recruitments in the club’s history.
luke
John Ferguson

Post by luke »

Billy Walker wrote:

Thanks Ruben but it’s more than that. Croker deserves better than rubbish threads like that. He is a massive part of building everything that’s good about this club and is a very good first grade centre.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson

Post by Ruben Daley »

luke wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:00 pm

Thanks Ruben but it’s more than that. Croker deserves better than rubbish threads like that. He is a massive part of building everything that’s good about this club and is a very good first grade centre.
Yeah, I’m not a fan of any really negative thread about a single player. I’m not against fair criticism but those threads usually drive most people to take a far more extreme stance than they otherwise would.

Croker isn’t Meninga but he’s still achieved way more in the game than 90% of NRL players and is still operating at a high level. I think part of the problem is his style of game means he’ll never produce a highlight-packed performance like Latrell Mitchell can. But Croker does a lot of stuff that guys like Latrell never do because they’re about cleverness and effort around the little things.

Then there’s the off-field stuff that we’ll never know the true extent of.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:29 pm Be interested to hear if Ricky is asked about Raps. Keen to know if he copped and early injury or still isn’t 100%. He was good but well off his best. Hopefully just needs time in the middle and nothing more.
I'm sure he's just not 100%. We (the home viewers) commented that he was safe enough but no explosiveness, and on one occasion looked as though he was half expecting Joey to be backing up on the inside, but after Nick threw him the pass, he didn't follow up. Not a knock on either of them, but I think Raps is going to take a few weeks, maybe another 4 or 5, to get back to what we were used to.

Or possibly he's actually getting a bit old and we need to suddenly shift our expectations - maybe he's the new Jason Nightingale!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:54 pm You setting your sights on Havili this week?

Haha

Did you see the speed of attack increase when Starling moved into dummy half? When Hodgo returns I think Ricky will think long and hard about who is back up 9. Havilli is a solid middle forward but Starling brings a dash from dummy half that will trouble tiring players around the ruck. I liked the look of Starling. I want to see more from him but he’s putting pressure on Havilli I think.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Finite wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:36 pm Tigers weren’t poor. I think that was our strongest game this year. The boys were ruthless. Everyone committed to win that game tonight. Very proud
I dunno, I think the Tigers were poor. Farah was innefectual, Books also, and Benji got injured. I think it may have been an accidental elbow in the eye, but who's counting? Lawrence was unsurprisingly feeling his way back, Matterson started off great and then collapsed, the fullbacky bloke was hammered every time he tried a carry, Fonua was probably concussed though who could tell...

all in all, I think Tigers fans are probably not that happy with their performance... But, we did everything we had to to shut them out.

I think the Tigers were poor - they should have been good for maybe ten points. We were great though, so sucko to them.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Lui_Bon wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:12 pm
Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:29 pm Be interested to hear if Ricky is asked about Raps. Keen to know if he copped and early injury or still isn’t 100%. He was good but well off his best. Hopefully just needs time in the middle and nothing more.
I'm sure he's just not 100%. We (the home viewers) commented that he was safe enough but no explosiveness, and on one occasion looked as though he was half expecting Joey to be backing up on the inside, but after Nick threw him the pass, he didn't follow up. Not a knock on either of them, but I think Raps is going to take a few weeks, maybe another 4 or 5, to get back to what we were used to.

Or possibly he's actually getting a bit old and we need to suddenly shift our expectations - maybe he's the new Jason Nightingale!
The commentators mentioned he was in the hands of the trainers early on but he didn’t seem troubled after that just not his usual self. Curious if was a new injury or if he came back a bit soon.
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

Hav has put too much weight on to be a strong 9 now imo, he's a 13.

Hodgo/Starling works in my head.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:15 pm
gergreg wrote: June 7, 2019, 10:54 pm You setting your sights on Havili this week?

Haha

Did you see the speed of attack increase when Starling moved into dummy half? When Hodgo returns I think Ricky will think long and hard about who is back up 9. Havilli is a solid middle forward but Starling brings a dash from dummy half that will trouble tiring players around the ruck. I liked the look of Starling. I want to see more from him but he’s putting pressure on Havilli I think.
I think you're out of your mind.... to be fair.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:18 pm
Lui_Bon wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:12 pm

The commentators mentioned he was in the hands of the trainers early on but he didn’t seem troubled after that just not his usual self. Curious if was a new injury or if he came back a bit soon.
I confess I didn't see him with trainers, I just didn't see a whole lot of vim in his early hitups, or pace a bit later, like by halfway through the first half, that was at all like what we've seen from him in previous seasons etc. So maybe he did get a knock?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

nacho wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:18 pm Hav has put too much weight on to be a strong 9 now imo, he's a 13.

Hodgo/Starling works in my head.
Havilli was a bit slow tonight. Someone mentioned Starling had some resemblance to Cook. He’s obviously not in the same league at this stage but I see the comparison. I like what he brings.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Did you see Starling's arms in the dressing room shots after the game? He might be small but he's done some weights.

Not sure about his pace. Though he did put in that A1 tackle!
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

This place some times.... Best game of the year and all some of you have to ad is "the Tigers were bad".

First time in our history to keep three teams to zero in a season, a it's not over and this game had some **** amazing defence!

Biggest win of the season, with at least a million plus sitting on the sidelines, origin players backing up and others not at 100%

We weren't favourites for that game and we smashed it. **** amazing effort and **** all the pricks who still highlight negatives after something like that.... (and to the pricks who only post **** when we lose and don't show up otherwise)
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue

Post by Westsydneyraider »

Lui_Bon wrote: June 7, 2019, 11:32 pm Did you see Starling's arms in the dressing room shots after the game? He might be small but he's done some weights.

Not sure about his pace. Though he did put in that A1 tackle!
I’ve never seen starling before in my life face to face till tonight and I’ll tell u what he has viens popping out of everywhere, he is built like a brick insert word !!!
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Starling's exceeded my expectations already but when Hodgo comes back he'll be straight out. We don't need a guy that can only play hooker on the bench when Hodgo is back.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Tigers setup to attack on our left side after watching the Bulldogs last week. But our defence moved up so fast and hit so well, the Tigers kept putting their ball runners under pressure. A good spine knows when to re-direct their attack, but Tigers couldn’t shift from their game plan.

Also Great defence from the inside by all our forwards for the entirety of the match. When Tigers turned the ball back inside our forwards absolutely smashed them.
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Rd 13 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by BJ »

Tigers setup to attack on our left side after watching the Bulldogs last week. But our defence moved up so fast and hit so well, the Tigers kept putting their ball runners under pressure. A good spine knows when to re-direct their attack if it’s not working, but Tigers couldn’t shift from their pre match game plan.

Also Great defence from the inside by all our forwards for the entirety of the match. When Tigers turned the ball back inside our forwards absolutely smashed them.
Last edited by BJ on June 7, 2019, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

That was a wonderful performance by the Raiders. Defensively the players all protected the line with fabulous effort. Simmonson's try saver was crucial. Jack's effort right near the end was sensational imo. He has come off a SOO game where he will be remembered for the intercept he threw. Then in the closing stages of this match he is covering the left hand edge and smashing West Tigers over the sideline. Wobbly start with his kick out on the full, but from then on, his head was right in the game. This is the type of defensive effort I've been waiting years to see. It makes us a tough to beat side.

The Sharks are up a level on the Tigers imo, so we will need a similar defensive outcome to collect the two competition points. In attack, the soccer skills on a wet night proved decisive. Well done to Sezer for his break and kick ahead on one of them and then reading the play for the intercept try. We appeared to have a lot more possession than the Tigers. They seemed to kick the ball back to us early in sets. Maybe in the conditions they were expecting us to not handle the ball so well. If that was the tactic is backfired big time. We are now fourth.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Both second rowers were in sensational form tonight.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Robbie Farah kicked on the 4th at least twice, and I wondered if they were worried about their hitups... they weren't good kicks though, because Charnze doesn't seem to drop anything.

That hit by Jack was amazing, he just speared in from nowhere and suddenly the sideline advertising foam was splooshed everywhere!