Canberra Raiders forward Hudson Young takes early plea, will miss five matches

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Canberra Raiders forward Hudson Young takes early plea, will miss five matches

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: June 3, 2019, 9:09 pm
Rick wrote: June 3, 2019, 9:08 pm This did not look much different to the work the guys were doing on Fergos face after they broke his nose.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
And I was one of the few people saying it wasn't a good look... didn't support it... and I was roundly rubbished for expressing the view by all and sundry. Now all of a sudden...
I don’t see the comparison at all
One was an attempted eye gouge, the other was making sure fergo felt his broken nose, the actions are totally different imo

If Hudson did to Tolman what our guys did to Fergo this thread wouldn’t exist because the charge would exist
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Hudson Young facing up to seven weeks on the sideline

Post by dubby »

PigRickman wrote:Also, just FYI
The grading would normally be 2 weeks with an early plea, he’s copped 50% loading for similar incident in the last two years
So that’s why it’s so high

Aside from my issues with the judiciary’s laughable “similar offences” fiasco, that puts this his grading into a different light
Dude, that was in NSW cup

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

dubby wrote: June 4, 2019, 8:30 am
The grading would normally be 2 weeks with an early plea, he’s copped 50% loading for similar incident in the last two years

Aside from my issues with the judiciary’s laughable “similar offences” fiasco, that puts this his grading into a different light

Its still the same dirty act though. How would you like to recieve a facial?
Dont delete this GE
dubby
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders forward Hudson Young takes early plea, will miss five matches

Post by dubby »

If it was a legitimate, fair dinkum eye gouge I reckon Tolman gets up swinging, and has incurred physical damage to his face eg scratches, maybe bruises.

There is no evidence of a "gouge ".

If it's a 5 week suspension for pinching his face or just some real lame attempt to rough up a veteran forward (something Young and Horse appear jeen to do), then the young lad lad needs to pull his head in, cop the suspension and apologize to the team for letting them down. He's potentially painted a target on him for the rest of his career.

If that was Fifita, Smith, any other gronk we love to hate, the tone around here for a 5 week suspension would be very different

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

simo wrote:

I disgree that points from a lower grade be counted towards the NRL.

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

What was the prior offence? I don't believe Young had a serious suspension in NSW cup.

Macguire had 3 priors so it must be a pretty wide range.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

If prior NSW cup offences count as loading for the NRL. Then games that he can't play in the NSW cup should also count. Ie when the Raiders have the bye he could play NSW cup and should count as a week.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: June 4, 2019, 8:32 am

I think we both know he'd love one. dubby is old-school, back from the day where facials were normal things blokes would give to each other.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: June 4, 2019, 8:38 am
simo wrote:

I disgree that points from a lower grade be counted towards the NRL.

And I disagree strongly with this... it's all the same national sporting body, you can't be a thug in the lower grades and expect to get away with it.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:

I think we both know he'd love one. dubby is old-school, back from the day where facials were normal things blokes would give to each other.
Have received something similar to what Young dished out; face rubbed by open palm and blade of the hand. Also been headbutted, tackled high, bitten... but never spat on or eye gouged.

I'm not a fan of those dirty tactics, it's good the game has cleaned up compared to the old, old days of the 60s, 70s and early 80s

simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

dubby wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:20 am
The Rickman wrote:

Have received something similar to what Young dished out; face rubbed by open palm and blade of the hand. Also been headbutted, tackled high, bitten... but never spat on or eye gouged.

I'm not a fan of those dirty tactics, it's good the game has cleaned up compared to the old, old days of the 60s, 70s and early 80s

From what ive read on here, i reckon youd have been on the recieving end of a mouthful or two too!
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Like I said, dubs is old-school. I reckon he would've been pretty hard back in the day and would've given just as much as he got... mouthfuls, facials, you name it. The game has changed though these days, and for the better IMO.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I hope all this commotion we are experiencing with our squad peters out and we can hit the ground running after the Origin period and push hard for a finals spot..preferably Top 4.

Injury, suspension, and Origin duty has us fielding a spare parts team.

It will be great to get them all back on deck very soon..minus BJ of course !
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

-PJ- wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:42 am I hope all this commotion we are experiencing with our squad peters out and we can hit the ground running after the Origin period and push hard for a finals spot..preferably Top 4.

Why dont you want bj to be back soon?
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PJ's has always hated BJs, simo. Ever since I've known him.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

simo wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:52 am
-PJ- wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:42 am I hope all this commotion we are experiencing with our squad peters out and we can hit the ground running after the Origin period and push hard for a finals spot..preferably Top 4.

PJ hates BJ
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Oh, say it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I thought he was wiped for the season..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:56 am PJ's has always hated BJs, simo. Ever since I've known him.
You might want to re-word that a bit Rickhead.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

And?

Haha. Christ.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

PigRickman wrote: June 4, 2019, 10:33 am

And?

Haha. Christ.
I hope we select murchie this week. I dont think injuries in nsw cup should count in the nrl
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote: June 4, 2019, 10:10 am
The Rickman wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:56 am PJ's has always hated BJs, simo. Ever since I've known him.
Had another look... I'm happy with it
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: June 4, 2019, 10:39 am
If you're happy, I'm happy..carry on !!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote: June 4, 2019, 10:42 am
The Rickman wrote: June 4, 2019, 10:39 am
If you're happy, I'm happy..carry on !!
Hooray!!
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

kona_dream wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:04 am If prior NSW cup offences count as loading for the NRL. Then games that he can't play in the NSW cup should also count. Ie when the Raiders have the bye he could play NSW cup and should count as a week.
Interesting point. I have no idea how this stuff works. Anyone else know? I assume there's some ruling around whether the person is in the top 30 or not.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

zim wrote: June 4, 2019, 11:31 am
kona_dream wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:04 am If prior NSW cup offences count as loading for the NRL. Then games that he can't play in the NSW cup should also count. Ie when the Raiders have the bye he could play NSW cup and should count as a week.
Interesting point. I have no idea how this stuff works. Anyone else know? I assume there's some ruling around whether the person is in the top 30 or not.
*edit* actually the rulebook says only NRL games reduce a suspension if the offence occurs in an NRL game.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Northern Raider wrote:

PJ hates BJ
BJ loves BJ (and Joey Leluia too)
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

edwahu wrote: June 4, 2019, 11:58 am
*edit* actually the rulebook says only NRL games reduce a suspension if the offence occurs in an NRL game.
That is what I thought. Which does make you wounder why the loading from another comp counts.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

edwahu wrote: June 4, 2019, 11:58 am
Makes sense but it could create anomalies. Player fills in 1st grade for the final game of the regualr season. Gets a 1 match ban and NRL side finishes outside the top 8. Means the player could miss the entire NSW Cup finals on the back of a 1 week penalty.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:Like I said, dubs is old-school. I reckon he would've been pretty hard back in the day and would've given just as much as he got... mouthfuls, facials, you name it. The game has changed though these days, and for the better IMO.
Whoever gave me crap, I gave it back. Didn't like it but.

I enjoyed hitting old mate in a quality tackle more than grubby play. Crowd did, too

Give me a Papalii hit than a Cam Smith dog act any day

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: June 4, 2019, 3:43 pm
The Rickman wrote:Like I said, dubs is old-school. I reckon he would've been pretty hard back in the day and would've given just as much as he got... mouthfuls, facials, you name it. The game has changed though these days, and for the better IMO.
Whoever gave me crap, I gave it back. Didn't like it but.

I enjoyed hitting old mate in a quality tackle more than grubby play. Crowd did, too

Give me a Papalii hit than a Cam Smith dog act any day

Obviously you'd rather give it then receive it though out there. Even if you have to hit 'em from behind.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bring back the old Rauhihi kidney killer get square
Edrick The Entertainer
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

If Hudson’s suspension length was increased due to prior infringements in NSW Cup will the week we have the NRL bye count as a missed week in NSW Cup???? (Assuming Mounties are playing that week)

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

edwahu wrote: June 4, 2019, 11:58 am *edit* actually the rulebook says only NRL games reduce a suspension if the offence occurs in an NRL game.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

gangrenous wrote:
edwahu wrote: June 4, 2019, 11:58 am *edit* actually the rulebook says only NRL games reduce a suspension if the offence occurs in an NRL game.
I figured as much. It seems like a decent argument though considering a Cup game cost him an extra week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh