Tigers 13+
13%

Total votes: 15

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Re: 2019 Rd 13 V Tigers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by afgtnk »

Thought Simonsson was fantastic on the weekend, thoroughly deserves to keep his place - not to say Oldfield doesn't, but Simonsson was very strong.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Training Gallery: Raiders prepare for Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... or-tigers/

Five Things: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -v-tigers/
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I like Williams being back. Correct decision imo.

He won’t want to miss another field goal like that one though! Pretty sure I could have nailed that one...
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

dubby wrote: June 4, 2019, 5:29 pm Didn't think Oldfield or sezer deserved to be dropped

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
They both had solid games.

Stuart seems to think Sam is offering more with the boot and may look better in defence with Cotric and Raps next to him than Kris and Oldfield. That's the only explanation I can think of- unless its the cold hard fact that he doesn't see Sezer justifying a starting halves pay packet for so little more than Williams offers so he'll use him in a pinch but is otherwise making it clear he can move on.

Sezer clearly had instructions to play the "Jack role"- running more often than anything else- which kind of gave the hint he was just filling in for Jack and not auditioning to take over halfback duties.

Sezer's kicking was not noticeably better or more consistent than Sam's, nor worse. He was slightly more effective running the ball. He was clearly the better tackler. I thought he copped some awful passes from other players and showed nice hands to scoop them up clean and keep the play going. No one could argue he played the house down either.

I don't think he did his chances of a recall any harm down the track but maybe there is something to this "behind the scenes" talk. I really did think we'd see Sezer stay in after that game. Williams made most of his tackles eventually but was giving up some massive yards down his edge as he clung on and got carried until the cavalry arrived.

On Simmonson... well he was eager and played just fine. Personally I thought Oldfield's stronger carries had a bigger outcome on the game but Simonsson did a decent job too.His side was les targeted in defence. Could be just he wanted to keep the wing on the same side for consistency? Could also be that Simmonson is a young guy with great pace and is still on a bit of a re-learning curve so has a potentially higher ceiling than Oldie, who is veteran stage (but has a few good years left). Not the way I would have gone but I'm fine with it- Rapana's carries will be just as good as Oldies were.

I'll be glad to get a look at Guler again.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Wait a second... afftggghtjjtt's post has been edited and mine has been deleted?!?

Good thing I got that screenshot!!
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

Croker hasn't been sacked ?!?!?!

What is going on with this club....seriously ****

*insert sarcasm emoji*
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

edwahu wrote:
The Rickman wrote: June 4, 2019, 4:17 pm
edwahu wrote: June 4, 2019, 4:14 pm Surprised we got away with picking Starling again.
I don't know what you mean. He's our backup hooker, we don't have any other backup hooker, and Havili can't play 80 minutes.
He isn't in the top 30 still. The NRL have been quite strict on letting those players play if there are first graders who have been selected in that position in the past.
He's a development player, which you're allowed to use after June 30.

We would have got an exemption to use him early

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

robtheraider wrote: June 4, 2019, 5:57 pm Croker hasn't been sacked ?!?!?!

What is going on with this club....seriously ****

*insert sarcasm emoji*
Lots of folks claiming he’s “out of form”...

I wouldn’t have been against him finding this form in Mounties :hi
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders Sam Williams and Sia Soliola speak about the upcoming clash with the Wests Tigers

The Canberra Raiders will welcome back Jordan Rapana for Friday's clash against the Wests Tigers in Sydney. The New Zealand International set to line up for his 100th game in green, after overcoming a knee complaint, WIN News Canberra reports.

Video: http://ow.ly/kxi650uw1yQ
Quarks
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Quarks »

Anyone else think it’s unfair the Raiders have a short turnaround(5 day gap) and play a team that’s coming off the bye(14 day gap). Plus our Origin players backing up 48hrs later. Then after our bye we play a team(Dragons) that will have had 9 day gap.. That’s a pretty good rest for them without the bye.
I haven’t analysed the draw fully, does it even out with things like this over the season?
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Would prefer to see Bateman at lock and Tapine at 11. Bateman more agile around the ruck and tackles anything. Tapine gets a bit shirtsy when he tires

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Quarks wrote: June 4, 2019, 7:37 pm Anyone else think it’s unfair the Raiders have a short turnaround(5 day gap) and play a team that’s coming off the bye(14 day gap). Plus our Origin players backing up 48hrs later. Then after our bye we play a team(Dragons) that will have had 9 day gap.. That’s a pretty good rest for them without the bye.
I haven’t analysed the draw fully, does it even out with things like this over the season?
Is this more ammunition for the NRL conspiracy theorists?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

BadnMean wrote: June 4, 2019, 5:51 pm
dubby wrote: June 4, 2019, 5:29 pm Didn't think Oldfield or sezer deserved to be dropped

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
They both had solid games.

Stuart seems to think Sam is offering more with the boot and may look better in defence with Cotric and Raps next to him than Kris and Oldfield. That's the only explanation I can think of- unless its the cold hard fact that he doesn't see Sezer justifying a starting halves pay packet for so little more than Williams offers so he'll use him in a pinch but is otherwise making it clear he can move on.

Sezer clearly had instructions to play the "Jack role"- running more often than anything else- which kind of gave the hint he was just filling in for Jack and not auditioning to take over halfback duties.

Sezer's kicking was not noticeably better or more consistent than Sam's, nor worse. He was slightly more effective running the ball. He was clearly the better tackler. I thought he copped some awful passes from other players and showed nice hands to scoop them up clean and keep the play going. No one could argue he played the house down either.

I don't think he did his chances of a recall any harm down the track but maybe there is something to this "behind the scenes" talk. I really did think we'd see Sezer stay in after that game. Williams made most of his tackles eventually but was giving up some massive yards down his edge as he clung on and got carried until the cavalry arrived.

On Simmonson... well he was eager and played just fine. Personally I thought Oldfield's stronger carries had a bigger outcome on the game but Simonsson did a decent job too.His side was les targeted in defence. Could be just he wanted to keep the wing on the same side for consistency? Could also be that Simmonson is a young guy with great pace and is still on a bit of a re-learning curve so has a potentially higher ceiling than Oldie, who is veteran stage (but has a few good years left). Not the way I would have gone but I'm fine with it- Rapana's carries will be just as good as Oldies were.

I'll be glad to get a look at Guler again.
Simonsson has an outstanding work rate and produced more raw numbers than Oldfield by some margin on the weekend. I think he kept the spot on merit.

Not that Oldfield deserves to be dropped, but really he never does. He must be the best depth winger around.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

LastRaider wrote: June 4, 2019, 7:46 pm Would prefer to see Bateman at lock and Tapine at 11. Bateman more agile around the ruck and tackles anything. Tapine gets a bit shirtsy when he tires

I free with those defensive comments, that why I want Bateman on an edge pairing up with either Sammy or Croker. Tarps makes some great hits, but he does fatigue and I think our edges need to be as solid as possible. Bateman can roam in attack anyway.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Quarks wrote: June 4, 2019, 7:37 pm Anyone else think it’s unfair the Raiders have a short turnaround(5 day gap) and play a team that’s coming off the bye(14 day gap). Plus our Origin players backing up 48hrs later. Then after our bye we play a team(Dragons) that will have had 9 day gap.. That’s a pretty good rest for them without the bye.
No draw is going to be perfect. All teams are going to have short turnarounds. There are not that many.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

**** our depth is fantastic this yr
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

.....how on earth is Williams still in the side? He was a turnstile on the weekend.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:
No draw is going to be perfect. All teams are going to have short turnarounds. There are not that many.
Hahaha righto, give Fergus his account back, real funny guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:
I think we get 16 days off with the bye round. That's huge for injury recovery.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

edwahu wrote: June 4, 2019, 8:02 pm
Simonsson has an outstanding work rate and produced more raw numbers than Oldfield by some margin on the weekend. I think he kept the spot on merit.

Not that Oldfield deserves to be dropped, but really he never does. He must be the best depth winger around.
Simonsson does a lot of work. My argument is that Oldfield's was of higher quality. In a game where two relatively poor teams tried to guts out a win, Oldfield's try involvement was a nice moment of skill.

I've been off sick all week so I've watched the game 3 times. Oldfield's hit ups are awesome. 10m every time even in the toughest positions and a couple of times he almost crashes right through the line entirely- real flying in off the back fence stuff. I don't think making more, less effective runs is better than making a few less, very effective runs necessarily. Otherwise Fensom would be better than Lolo.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Sure, but Fensom was never close to making more meters than Lolo. The same isn't true in this case.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2019 Rd 13 V Tigers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Sid »

It’ll be a massive effort for the 3 boys to play 3 games in 6 days, particularly Papalii in the middle
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

edwahu wrote: June 4, 2019, 8:56 pm Sure, but Fensom was never close to making more meters than Lolo. The same isn't true in this case.
Anyway, I've made all my reasons pretty clear. I like Simonnson, he's fast, he gives a good effort, rarely puts a foot wrong and I hope he shows that something special I'm sure he's got in his game this week.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Sid wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:02 pm It’ll be a massive effort for the 3 boys to play 3 games in 6 days, particularly Papalii in the middle
Jack off the bench might be relatively fresh.

The other two will be red lining soft tissue injury from fatigue territory... :cry:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sid wrote: June 4, 2019, 9:02 pm It’ll be a massive effort for the 3 boys to play 3 games in 6 days, particularly Papalii in the middle
In six days?
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

3 in 8 days. Wighton mightn't get more than 10-15 mins, Cotric isn't exactly a 20 run a game man on the wing, he should be fine, and Papa probably gets what 45-50 mins in origin? She'll be right.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

When they had the mid week cup, it happened regularly.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders cautious in rushing Josh Papalii back

Canberra won't force Josh Papalii to play the Wests Tigers less than 48 hours after the State of Origin opener, if the Maroons prop is banged up in Brisbane.

"This is great experience for them (as debutants) but Papa is a veteran and one of the Maroons most experienced guys, so I dare say we'll look at him and see how he pulls up," Sia Soliola said.

Read more: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/canberra-ca ... palii-back
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Sia Soliola 'switches sides' ahead of State of Origin

State of Origin tests the allegiances of even the closest friends at this time of the year. Just ask Sia Soliola, who said he might have to 'turn his back' on close friend and room-mate Josh Papalii over the next six weeks.

"For me, if you want to know where I stand, I probably wish Jack and Nick more luck, sorry roomie," Soliola said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/04/sol ... of-origin/
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

simo wrote:Sezer not named for mounties as has previously been the case..
I hope it’s smoke and mirrors. **** Williams off. Enough said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote:
simo wrote:Sezer not named for mounties as has previously been the case..
I hope it’s smoke and mirrors. **** Williams off. Enough said

Hes 18th man for wighton

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 13 V Tigers: Teams and Previews

Post by -PJ- »

Matt wrote: June 4, 2019, 2:28 pm
zim wrote: June 4, 2019, 1:29 pm
christoraider wrote: June 4, 2019, 1:05 pm Bumped into Rapa at Erindale , said gday .
He said he was playing this weekend .
Niccce.
I can 2nd that 'rumour'.
Though I did not see him at Erindale.
I can 3rd it..
Though I did not see him in Erindale.

Just made a call..he said "right to go brah"
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Papa will do it, and more importantly will want to do it.

It's up to Stick.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

-PJ- wrote: June 5, 2019, 7:17 am
Papa will do it, and more importantly will want to do it.

It's up to Stick.
Well if it's up to Stick he'll definitely play. Can't really afford to rest him can he.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Would rather Oldfield than Bailey, he is solid but I think Oldfield is better.

Maybe Bailey is viewed as a long term prospect if Rapana doesn’t re-sign. Which is a chance cause he is asking for a lot of coin for a winger. You know me and Johnny Mac hanging out on Saturday Night.

In Ricky We Trust