10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Starling
15. Soliola
16. Guler
17. Sutton

I've got Oldfield ahead of Simonsson at present, he had an excellent game v Bulldogs, very strong carries and great defensive work.

Open to see more of Starling, especially in Silva/Ricky don't think he can go the full 80 for another week or two.

Hors' bad luck and Young's stupidity give Guler a chance to show what he can do again. He's been a bit of a forgotten man this year.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2019 Rd 13 V Tigers: Teams and Previews

Post by The Nickman »

Raiders_Pat wrote:
The Rickman wrote: June 2, 2019, 1:34 pm God, we desperately needed that ugly win against the bulldogs, but need to be about 200% better against the tigers, as they always show up ready to play and will be tough

1. CNK
2. Oldbeard/Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana/Oldbeard
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
15. Soliola
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Bateman

8. Papalii
14. Starling
16. Guler
17. Simonsson/Kris

Really starting to run out of troops with Young and Horsburgh out. If Rapana is back I’d love to see Oldbeard go into the 2 and Simonsson come off the bench into that middle of the ruck position about the 65th minute like they intended a few months ago
No room for Sutton you reckon?
Sutton! I knew I was missing someone!!

Hang on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

God, we desperately needed that ugly win against the bulldogs, but need to be about 200% better against the tigers, as they always show up ready to play and will be tough

1. CNK
2. Oldbeard/Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana/Oldbeard
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
15. Soliola
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Bateman

8. Papalii
14. Starling
16. Sutton
17. Simonsson/Guler

Really starting to run out of troops with Young and Horsburgh out. If Rapana is back I’d love to see Oldbeard go into the 2 and Simonsson come off the bench into that middle of the ruck position about the 65th minute like they intended a few months ago
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

The Rickman wrote: June 2, 2019, 2:01 pm God, we desperately needed that ugly win against the bulldogs, but need to be about 200% better against the tigers, as they always show up ready to play and will be tough

1. CNK
2. Oldbeard/Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana/Oldbeard
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
15. Soliola
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Bateman

8. Papalii
14. Starling
16. Sutton
17. Simonsson/Guler

I think this is the side we'll likely see (maybe not lined up like that exactly though) with Guler filling out that final spot. I can only see Simonsson as the utility if Starling is omitted, may be wrong though
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

If Royce Hunt doesn't get a run this week he may as well look elsewhere

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders suffer double blow with Corey Horsburgh and Hudson Young

Canberra Raiders boss Don Furner says Sam Burgess' comments were "galling" and is convinced they played a part in the severity of Hudson Young's ban.

"It's a lot, it's a big charge, but we'll review it and make a decision in the next 24-48 hours. I find it a bit galling that big name people can get on the TV and put the boot into him and I'm sure that doesn't help. Yet he can give away five penalties in a row and somehow escape sinbinning."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

You tell em Donny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Well done Don Furner.
Jonalanat
Noa Nadruku

Post by Jonalanat »

The raiders should go to judiciary and pull out the precedent set when josh Maguire got given a fine for a worst case example of what Hudson is alleged to have done...

Or are such lenient penalties like that received by Maguire reserved for only state of origin players or billy slater to play his last game in nrl at a grand final notwithstanding the fact he clearly shoulder charged someone in the previous game and should have received a mandatory suspension and nothing less...

NRL is a law to itself and always gives favourable decisions to its perceived better known teams and players... it’s become a running joke everywhere I go...
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

1. CNK
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana/Oldfield
6. Wighton
7. Williams
8. Papali
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Sezer (hooker)
15. Sia
16. Sutton
17. Guler

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Someone correct me if I’m wrong - I’m fairly certain the NRL doesn’t allow precedent as a defence. It’s come up before.

Anyway, this is my side for next week - I’m assuming Jack will backup but maybe not Nick or Papa:

1-CNK
2-Simmonson
3-Croker
4-Cotric (Kris)
5-Oldfield
6-Wighton
7-Sezer
8-Papalli (Sutton)
9-Havili
10-Lui
11-Whitehead
12-Tapine
13-Bateman

14-Starling
15-Soliola
16-Collins
17-Sutton (Guler)
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Timbo wrote: June 2, 2019, 4:33 pm Someone correct me if I’m wrong - I’m fairly certain the NRL doesn’t allow precedent as a defence. It’s come up before.

Anyway, this is my side for next week - I’m assuming Jack will backup but maybe not Nick or Papa:

1-CNK
2-Simmonson
3-Croker
4-Cotric (Kris)
5-Oldfield
6-Wighton
7-Sezer
8-Papalli (Sutton)
9-Havili
10-Lui
11-Whitehead
12-Tapine
13-Bateman

14-Starling
15-Soliola
16-Collins
17-Sutton (Guler)
If it has been charged and they didn't get off it can be used as precedent so they should be able to a point at rats incident as he was fined.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders half Aidan Sezer hoping Robbie Farah suffers Champions League hangover

Canberra Raiders half Aidan Sezer hopes fellow Liverpool fan Robbie Farah will suffer a Champions League hangover. It would help end a Farah-Benji Marshall reign of terror over the Green Machine that stretches back over the past 14 years.

"Hopefully we get the win [Sunday morning] and he's a bit dusty for a few days after, but he's a quality player and he's as professional as they come," he said.

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Cnk
Oldfield
Croker
Cotric
Rapana
Wighton
Williams
Papalli
Havilli
Lui
Tapine
Whitehead
Bateman

Starling
Soliola
Guler
Sutton

Still not a bad side. I hope the origin players get through fit and well, maybe Bailey on the bench for guler too would be a possibility

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Havili
10. Sutton
11. Whitehead
12. Bateman
13. Tapine

14. Simonsson
15. Soliola
16. Lui
17. Guler

18. Williams
19. Kris
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Jonalanat wrote: NRL is a law to itself and always gives favourable decisions to its perceived better known teams and players... it’s become a running joke everywhere I go...
You just be careful going round speaking like that in these parts...

Anyway, anyone been to Bankwest and got some hot tips on best way to get there by PT or good parking spots?
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

gangrenous wrote:
Jonalanat wrote: NRL is a law to itself and always gives favourable decisions to its perceived better known teams and players... it’s become a running joke everywhere I go...
You just be careful going round speaking like that in these parts...

Anyway, anyone been to Bankwest and got some hot tips on best way to get there by PT or good parking spots?
Train to parramatta then a shortish walk up to the stadium, same site as the old parra stadium
There are also shuttle buses if you don't feel like walking

Have been told by people who have already been parking is worse then before

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

This is the side I think will run out

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Starling
15. Hunt
16. Soliola
17. Guler

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Adversity to help Canberra Raiders' constitution as lunch comes up

John Bateman's return from injury wasn't the only thing to come early. His pre-game chunder did as well. The 25-year-old England international was caught short following the pre-game warm-up, vomiting on the field before the game.

"I do it every week to be fair. I do it normally in the toilets, with Elliott normally beside me," Bateman laughed. "It's a nervous-excitement thing. Or a Bradford thing, you could call it that."

Easier to pick on the little guys, huh? What do the Raiders have to do to earn that same treatment from referees and the match review committee? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Marshall is playing....we lose.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Dusty wrote:This is the side I think will run out

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Starling
15. Hunt
16. Soliola
17. Guler

Why drop Sutton?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Papa has backed up on a friday once against Knights a couple of years ago and he killed it too, he is the type to back up hopefully not injured, I personally think Wighton will play last 20-25 mins, he too could back up, Cotric will be 80mins might not back up with Rapana very likely to return, hors is a loss, will young fight the charge??, Full strenth Raiders would beat Tigers, gonna be a big ask to beat them, but boy it would be sweet, Raiders do seem to lift on Friday Night games. Havili played well but was puffed out by the 60th, starling did nothing wrong but is too slow in passing, sezer or williams to hooker will be fine by me. We play sharks next week, then a week off (test footy) then parra then the bye, that should freshen up our troops.

RAIDERS BY 4

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Wow, Horsburgh out too. We can't take a trick with injury this year. Need Papa to back up desperately now.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Dusty wrote: June 2, 2019, 7:25 pm This is the side I think will run out

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Starling
15. Hunt
16. Soliola
17. Guler

Sutton has been very good - why axe him?
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

6 day turn around for the West Tigers match and another 6 day turnaround for the following Sharks game. A real shame about HorsPower. I had one of these elbow fractures last year and if he is planning to be back in 2-3 weeks he will have to be needled up to play. I saw the Young incident on the Footy Show. There was no evidence of a rake of the eyes but it should be a warning to him on the pitfalls of taking the 'cheap shot' of giving a facial. I know that it happens in most tackles but if he doesn't place himself in a position to be charged then he wouldn't be facing a suspension.

Some years ago Wayne Bennett said he preferred his Broncos players to play as soon as possible after Origin. We have 3 who will have a 2 day recovery. Hopefully none are badly injured during the SOO match. It would not surprise me to see Seb Kris on the bench to play backrow. He is good defender and takes the ball up hard.

Pending Young suspension:
CNK, Simmonson, Cotric, Croker, Oldfield, Jack, Sam, Papa, Havili, Lui, EW, JB, Sutton - Starling, Tapine, Sia, Kris.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Jonalanat wrote: June 2, 2019, 3:47 pm The raiders should go to judiciary and pull out the precedent set when josh Maguire got given a fine for a worst case example of what Hudson is alleged to have done...

Or are such lenient penalties like that received by Maguire reserved for only state of origin players or billy slater to play his last game in nrl at a grand final notwithstanding the fact he clearly shoulder charged someone in the previous game and should have received a mandatory suspension and nothing less...

NRL is a law to itself and always gives favourable decisions to its perceived better known teams and players... it’s become a running joke everywhere I go...
Well no, I've seen the footage where McGuire offence is mostly/partially obscured by the camera and where Young's is caught full on, in great detail. By all mean show me another angle where McGuire can be shown to be on the same level as Young, otherwise just save the tinfoil hat stuff and admit our kid did a horrid eye gouge and deserves a ban because he got caught.

Does it mean no one else ever did it> No. That's not he point. Is it the very worst footage of an eye gouge I've seen this season- yes.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: June 3, 2019, 12:20 am 6 day turn around for the West Tigers match and another 6 day turnaround for the following Sharks game. A real shame about HorsPower. I had one of these elbow fractures last year and if he is planning to be back in 2-3 weeks he will have to be needled up to play. I saw the Young incident on the Footy Show. There was no evidence of a rake of the eyes but it should be a warning to him on the pitfalls of taking the 'cheap shot' of giving a facial. I know that it happens in most tackles but if he doesn't place himself in a position to be charged then he wouldn't be facing a suspension.

Some years ago Wayne Bennett said he preferred his Broncos players to play as soon as possible after Origin. We have 3 who will have a 2 day recovery. Hopefully none are badly injured during the SOO match. It would not surprise me to see Seb Kris on the bench to play backrow. He is good defender and takes the ball up hard.

Pending Young suspension:
CNK, Simmonson, Cotric, Croker, Oldfield, Jack, Sam, Papa, Havili, Lui, EW, JB, Sutton - Starling, Tapine, Sia, Kris.
You're kidding. He feels around until he finds a soft spot and then gouges in. What other explanation is there for what he does. A facial is done with open hands, not a feel around and then a claw/rake.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Bnm the only footage I have seen was yesterday morning on Channel 9. The footage did not show a rake to the eyes because Youngs knee was blocking the view from the camera angle they had.

If you look at what I originally wrote I have said if he didn't give a facial at all then he wouldn't be in this position. I stand by that.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Timbo wrote:
Dusty wrote: June 2, 2019, 7:25 pm This is the side I think will run out

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Starling
15. Hunt
16. Soliola
17. Guler

Sutton has been very good - why axe him?
Oops!

Accidentally overlooked him. Sutton in for Hunt or Guler

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

edwahu wrote: June 2, 2019, 8:34 am I reckon Cotric will have a ton of work to do Wednesday and would be the most likely not to back up.
imo cotric is the one we need back the most.

having cotric and croker on different sides of the field atleas makes the opposition think we could go either way.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote: June 3, 2019, 12:43 am
Jonalanat wrote: June 2, 2019, 3:47 pm The raiders should go to judiciary and pull out the precedent set when josh Maguire got given a fine for a worst case example of what Hudson is alleged to have done...

Well no, I've seen the footage where McGuire offence is mostly/partially obscured by the camera and where Young's is caught full on, in great detail. By all mean show me another angle where McGuire can be shown to be on the same level as Young, otherwise just save the tinfoil hat stuff and admit our kid did a horrid eye gouge and deserves a ban because he got caught.

Does it mean no one else ever did it> No. That's not he point. Is it the very worst footage of an eye gouge I've seen this season- yes.
This is the most sensible post I've seen on this topic so far.

So it obviously has no place on this forum. Please delete.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Simmonson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Oldfield
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
17. Sutton
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

8. Papalii
14. Starling
15. Soliola
16. Guler
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: June 3, 2019, 8:15 am Bnm the only footage I have seen was yesterday morning on Channel 9. The footage did not show a rake to the eyes because Youngs knee was blocking the view from the camera angle they had.

If you look at what I originally wrote I have said if he didn't give a facial at all then he wouldn't be in this position. I stand by that.
There's links to the footage in this thread.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Don't attack people's faces, kids
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

1. CNK
2. Simmonsen
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Oldfield
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalli
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Starling
15. Guler
16. Sutton
17. Soliola

Amending my team now Young and Horse are confirmed out.
If Rapana comes in Simmonsen drops back to the reserves and Oldfield switches sides. Tapine to continue in the middle building fitness.