All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
gergreg wrote: August 4, 2019, 12:06 am
greeneyed wrote:I was wrong re the cooperation of the Storm players. Happy to take that as the evidence.

They're not my boys, any more than the Sharks are yours (at least I assume your not a supporter of the self admitted drug cheating Sharks players).
I honestly couldn't care less about the Sharks. I just like to constantly mention them to point out your hypocrisy with two absolutely **** bag teams.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
There is no hypocrisy. I have made conclusions on the basis of the evidence available to me. But now you admit Paul Gallen and the Sharks are disgraceful human beings... I'm happy to hear no more of your constant defence of them.
The hypocrisy is that both sides cheated but every time Gallen's name is whispered on this site you break out into a cold sweat and start gibbering like Braith or Blocker. Yet when the cheating of the Storm is mentioned and/or somebody claims Cam is a merkin you go into defence mode. Like I said both teams have done some really **** things.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And every time I mention the Sharks or Paul Gallen... you break out into a cold sweat and start gibbering like Braith or Blocker...
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

NRL investigations are absolutely completely utterly useless. You can’t base any argument on their outcome.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

gangrenous wrote:NRL investigations are absolutely completely utterly useless. You can’t base any argument on their outcome.
I'll get the integrity unit onto it...
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I see Croker is now 4th in the NRL for try causes.

There are three players that have caused more opposition tries than him in the NRL this year!

Not good.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

EDIT
Last edited by greeneyed on August 12, 2019, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate comment
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The top 13 are:
1. Anthony Don - winger > 21
2. Darius Boyd - FB/ 5/8 > 18
3. Esan Marsters - centre > 18
4. Croker - centre > 17
5. Remis Smith - winger > 17
6. Suliasi Vunivalu - winger > 17
7. Brendan Elliot - FB/ winger/ centre/ bench utility > 16
8. Clint Gutherson - FB > 16
9. Mikalae Ravalawa - winger > 16
10. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck > 16
11. Reuben Garrick - winger > 15
12. Ben Hunt - half > 15
13. Josh Mansour - winger > 15

Seven players have 14, of which Gavin Cooper is the outlier as the only forward.
Eleven players have 13, of which Reed Mahoney is the outlier as the only forward.

In fact there are just 4 forwards in the top 60 players for this stat, and thats only if you say Peachey is a forward (Bryce Cartwright is the other). Its 4 in 65 if you don't, with Regan Campbell-Gillard at #66, then there is a bit of a run on them, with Damien Cook at #68.

Storm are top of the comp, Vunivalu keeps causing tries, oh, he will totally be dropped.
Gutherson, with Moses, has Eels in 6th. Yep, he will be dropped.
RTS, yep, Warriors will can him.
Garrick, Manlys pt scoring rookie in on the list, yep, cut that bloke.
For all his haters, Hunt is on that list too, yep Mary is gonna cut him too.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Jesus, sack Gavin Cooper! Sack Vunivalu!! Sack Tuivasa-Sheck!!!!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Jarrod Croker

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Billy Walker wrote:I see Croker is now 4th in the NRL for try causes.

There are three players that have caused more opposition tries than him in the NRL this year!

Not good.
He’s conceded 102 points* and has scored 176 this year**. +74 points difference.

Not worried

*Based on worst case scenario that all 17 tries were converted

**Only based on points scored, not factoring in assists
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Rickman wrote: August 12, 2019, 12:22 pm Jesus, sack Gavin Cooper! Sack Vunivalu!! Sack Tuivasa-Sheck!!!!
I'd go with that one. He's a shadow of his former self. Time to retire.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Just reporting facts mate - I’m not missing the tackles or working in the Fox lab.

They are surprising facts though because I’m often told his defensive issues are a thing of the past and not anything to be concerned about... 🤔
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Just being a complete and utter **** is what you’re doing
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Such an empty stat in a team sport, where the defensive line is a structural system that will almost always tend to fail on the edges (where it is attacked the most).

I'll take our 2019 defensive solidarity over what we served the last two years.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

This thread keeps delivering :lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

pretty much what im trying to say mate, thanx
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Yet Mitchell is 50th in the list and Manu is 89th. Croker lets in a try and neither of them did. Raiders lose by 6.

When JC comes up with a big miss in September we can’t say it was unexpected - as you have pointed he is currently the second worse defensive centre in the game behind Esan Marsters!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

EDIT
Last edited by greeneyed on August 12, 2019, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate comment
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ok, for comparison,
Croker has 17.
We have had 4 guys play right centre, plus some backrow mid game fill ins (too hard to total), so those 4 centres have conceeded 11 between them.

Up until Rd 18, there were 6 teams who were right side dominated, 2 marginal left side (Bunnies and Manly), and 8 side left dominated (Interestingly, the Broncos are the only top 8 side that go to the right).

We conceeded 122pts to teams that go to the right this year, in 8 games (2x Cows, 2x Eels, Broncos, Dragons, Dogs and Sharks), of a possible 300pts against, or 40%.
8 games out of a possible 20 (we just completed Rd 21, every team gets 1 recorded bye) is also 40%.

40% of the pts in 40% of the games played.... hmmm... doesn't seem possible.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Manu doesnt get credited with try causes, BUT, where were the Croker and/or Whitehead tries scored?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Matt wrote: August 12, 2019, 2:16 pm Ok, for comparison,
Croker has 17.
We have had 4 guys play right centre, plus some backrow mid game fill ins (too hard to total), so those 4 centres have conceeded 11 between them.

Up until Rd 18, there were 6 teams who were right side dominated, 2 marginal left side (Bunnies and Manly), and 8 side left dominated (Interestingly, the Broncos are the only top 8 side that go to the right).

We conceeded 122pts to teams that go to the right this year, in 8 games (2x Cows, 2x Eels, Broncos, Dragons, Dogs and Sharks), of a possible 300pts against, or 40%.
8 games out of a possible 20 (we just completed Rd 21, every team gets 1 recorded bye) is also 40%.

Sorry mate you’ve lost me here - are you saying that only 40% of the opposition attack in 40% of the games is targeted at Croker’s side or are you saying the opposite?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Billy Walker wrote: August 12, 2019, 2:21 pm
Matt wrote: August 12, 2019, 2:16 pm Ok, for comparison,
Croker has 17.

Sorry mate you’ve lost me here - are you saying that only 40% of the opposition attack in 40% of the games is targeted at Croker’s side or are you saying the opposite?
We have conceeded 40% of our pts this season to teams that predominately score tries on their right side.
We have played 8 games against those right side dominate teams, which is 40%.
I'm saying, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

You are trying to make it out like Croker is a weak link, im saying in a general big picture view, "he", the left side, is conceding at the predicted rate.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

It’s not like he is defending different players to any other left centre in the comp. He just comes up with more misses than other left centres. I think that remains a genuine concern. We are one of the best defensive units with one of the worst individual defenders. I think there is a clear blueprint for how to attack against us.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Billy Walker wrote: August 12, 2019, 2:38 pm It’s not like he is defending different players to any other left centre in the comp. He just comes up with more misses than other left centres. I think that remains a genuine concern. We are one of the best defensive units with one of the worst individual defenders. I think there is a clear blueprint for how to attack against us.
Yet one of the best attacking teams in the NRL only managed to breach that side once yesterday. At least we now know that Robinson is a **** coach if he couldn't exploit such a glaring weakness on a more regular basis. Then there is Cooper Cronk, despite all his experience and reputation as a game manager could not recognise these inherent flaws and take advantage throughout the game. Roosters should have won by 20+ if these bums had any sort of clue.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: August 12, 2019, 3:10 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 12, 2019, 2:38 pm It’s not like he is defending different players to any other left centre in the comp. He just comes up with more misses than other left centres. I think that remains a genuine concern. We are one of the best defensive units with one of the worst individual defenders. I think there is a clear blueprint for how to attack against us.
Yet one of the best attacking teams in the NRL only managed to breach that side once yesterday. At least we now know that Robinson is a **** coach if he couldn't exploit such a glaring weakness on a more regular basis. Then there is Cooper Cronk, despite all his experience and reputation as a game manager could not recognise these inherent flaws and take advantage throughout the game. Roosters should have won by 20+ if these bums had any sort of clue.
I can tell you why they didnt....
Chooks left side dominance is only beaten by, believe it or not, the Titans at 58%. That Rd18 stat had the Chooks going to their left over 52% of the time. Warriors are 3rd at left 48% and we are 47.5%.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: August 12, 2019, 3:19 pm
Chooks left side dominance is only beaten by, believe it or not, the Titans at 58%. That Rd18 stat had the Chooks going to their left over 52% of the time. Warriors are 3rd at left 48% and we are 47.5%.
....I'm not really following your stats here either.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: August 12, 2019, 3:46 pm
The Chooks prefer to attack to their left. Thats to Latrell and Keary's side. That ISNT Crokers side. Our left side is their right side. Meaning Robbo didnt go right, coz their best side is left. How is that hard to follow?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I really don't even know why you blokes are giving this **** oxygen.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: August 12, 2019, 4:10 pm
The Chooks prefer to attack to their left. Thats to Latrell and Keary's side. That ISNT Crokers side. Our left side is their right side. Meaning Robbo didnt go right, coz their best side is left. How is that hard to follow?
Just realised you took my post seriously. :lol:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Matt wrote: August 12, 2019, 4:10 pm
So you’re saying not much attack was channeled at Croker but he still let in a try. Despite the attack mostly going to our right that side held strong and the roosters had to revert to kicks.

I think we are on the same page here - Croker is a poor defender.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:I really don't even know why you blokes are giving this **** oxygen.
Well it's not like the bloke that snuck past Croker is any good. Tedesco is a bum and Croker is the first and only bloke Teddys ever beat.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Jarrod Croker

Post by LastRaider »

Billy Walker wrote:It’s not like he is defending different players to any other left centre in the comp. He just comes up with more misses than other left centres. I think that remains a genuine concern. We are one of the best defensive units with one of the worst individual defenders. I think there is a clear blueprint for how to attack against us.
Billy it’s not Crokers fault as pointed out by the GH team over the past few weeks, it’s Wighton. Wighton is our worst defender and should be ranked 4th not Croker.

The stats guys just seams to be getting it wrong
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

So Croker holds his man and Tedesco goes through on the inside in the gap Wighton leaves

Suppose that's his fault too? Or Whiteheads cause apparently he's Usain Bolt in a 110kg body who can cover that gap

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2019, 7:56 pm
Billy Walker wrote:It’s not like he is defending different players to any other left centre in the comp. He just comes up with more misses than other left centres. I think that remains a genuine concern. We are one of the best defensive units with one of the worst individual defenders. I think there is a clear blueprint for how to attack against us.
Billy it’s not Crokers fault as pointed out by the GH team over the past few weeks, it’s Wighton. Wighton is our worst defender and should be ranked 4th not Croker.

The stats guys just seams to be getting it wrong
Silly me! I should have known it's never Croker! :roflmao
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

-TW- wrote: August 12, 2019, 8:07 pm So Croker holds his man and Tedesco goes through on the inside in the gap Wighton leaves

Suppose that's his fault too? Or Whiteheads cause apparently he's Usain Bolt in a 110kg body who can cover that gap

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
If Croker holds his spot, he's got Tedesco, it wont be tedesco who breaks the line... it'd be mitch aubusson... and it'll be Tedesco who scores under the sticks when Aubo draws and passes.
And they'll blame Croker for that, and in that instance they'd be right

You wait, once Cotric gets back on that wing i bet we see less of this being an issue, because Cotric is one of the best jamming wingers in the game. Simo is being caught a bit. If that's Cotric on the wing. I bet the ball movement dies with Teddy being swallowed by Cotric... or he makes that **** falling down outragous one motion pass to his winger like he did for the Topou try and we get **** either way... :lol:
But that's what you want, you want to force teddy to make that play and sometimes great players do it
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There have been far too many abusive comments flying about today. The same discussion is happening over and over in multiple threads. If you wish to discuss Jarrod Croker's defence, do it here, not anywhere else thanks. And please do it politely. I am receiving complaints about the general behaviour and the personal abuse.