Jarrod Croker

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by christoraider »

Raiders fans fighting over an opinion , criticism of our captain .
Wow . Any one here play NRL ?
No idea

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

99 pages in this thread... it’s a well discussed topic
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

christoraider wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:06 am Raiders fans fighting over an opinion , criticism of our captain .
No idea

Hi Christo - I’d respectfully suggest that playing NRL shouldn’t be a requisite to make a comment or provide opinion on a fan forum and there would be very few posters here if it was limited to current or ex NRL players.

I appreciate that some posters see it as emotive that others would raise concerns about the co-captain. I can’t recall anybody questioning JC as a person or a clubman. I don’t think there are any concerns raised that go to the question of who he is as a human being or an ambassador for the club.

Flicking back through the many pages of this thread, I would suggest there is a strong pattern where concerns that are raised about JC are linked to performance issues (missed tackles in a particular game) or independently compiled statistics. The return serve to those posts is often personal attacks and ad hominem response that resulted in the thread being locked.

I’ve probably been one of JC’s louder critics on here. I would like to think I support my club with my head more than my heart. I hold genuine concerns about JC’s inherent defensive flaws and the risk it poses to the team in big games.

I respect others don’t have the same worries and accept that it very unlikely Ricky would not select JC. I hope he does well and doesn’t miss a tackle for the rest of his career. However, when he does miss crucial costly tackles I hope others will respect my right to point out that the statistics support my view he is one of the worst defenders in the NRL.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

christoraider wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:06 am Raiders fans fighting over an opinion , criticism of our captain .
No idea

Only on Xbox..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Billy Walker wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:45 am I hold genuine concerns about JC’s inherent defensive flaws and the risk it poses to the team in big games.
Well, since you love your stats and "evidence", go ahead then. Give me an example of a game we lost DIRECTLY because of Croker's defensive flaws.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Jarrod Croker

Post by LastRaider »

raiderskater wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:45 am I hold genuine concerns about JC’s inherent defensive flaws and the risk it poses to the team in big games.
Well, since you love your stats and "evidence", go ahead then. Give me an example of a game we lost DIRECTLY because of Croker's defensive flaws.
I don’t think there has been situations where he has repeatedly made bad reads which has caused multiple try’s but he has had some shockers where we have won. The Bulldogs game sticks out for me and we almost lost that one!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

LastRaider wrote:
raiderskater wrote:
I don’t think there has been situations where he has repeatedly made bad reads which has caused multiple try’s but he has had some shockers where we have won. The Bulldogs game sticks out for me
That wasn't the question

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

987 posts of people questioning a players defensive reads, or people being offended that people question a players defensive read on a fan forum.

Top thread.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

LastRaider wrote: August 14, 2019, 8:37 pm
raiderskater wrote:
I don’t think there has been situations where he has repeatedly made bad reads which has caused multiple try’s but he has had some shockers where we have won. The Bulldogs game sticks out for me and we almost lost that one!
That was not the question. Billy Walker has continually espoused the view that Croker's poor defense would cost us a big match. I have defied him to produce an example where it already has.

And in the Bulldogs match, who was it who came up with the huge play that led to the win? Yup, you guessed it...
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

raiderskater wrote: August 14, 2019, 8:55 pm
raiderskater wrote:
That was not the question. Billy Walker has continually espoused the view that Croker's poor defense would cost us a big match. I have defied him to produce an example where it already has.

And in the Bulldogs match, who was it who came up with the huge play that led to the win? Yup, you guessed it...
Truth is a defensive error by anybody could cost us a big match. Of course it would need to be a game where the opposition only scored a single try so you could narrow the reason for the loss down to that one defensive error.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

raiderskater wrote:
raiderskater wrote:

What was the huge play? The one on one rake?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

raiderskater wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:59 pm
17 try causes in 20 games this season. An average of 0.9 try causes per game. The 4th worst record for try causes in the comp this year. The second worse record for try causes in his position behind Esan Marsters. This in a team that has otherwise been very good defensively.

They are the statistics that support my concern that Croker’s inherent defensive flaw will cost us in a big game. He let in a try on the weekend in a game we lost by 6 points....

Surely you would also accept it’s wise to mitigate potential risks rather than just addressing risks that have already materialised.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He also scored a try..

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: August 14, 2019, 9:28 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 14, 2019, 7:59 pm
17 try causes in 20 games this season. An average of 0.9 try causes per game. The 4th worst record for try causes in the comp this year. The second worse record for try causes in his position behind Esan Marsters. This in a team that has otherwise been very good defensively.

They are the statistics that support my concern that Croker’s inherent defensive flaw will cost us in a big game. He let in a try on the weekend in a game we lost by 6 points....

Surely you would also accept it’s wise to mitigate potential risks rather than just addressing risks that have already materialised.
Please stop basing your obsession with Croker on one of the most subjective and relatively pointless statistics in the NRL.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There are no new points being made. It’s just constant trolling. Thread locked. Might consider reopening it at some point, when there might be a new point of view to add.