Why didn’t you just edit it?
Because you’re always complaining.
I'm only complaining because I luff you so much, big fella
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Northern Raider wrote:I just read the article and the quotes. Tahu has no idea and he's drawn that conclusion himself.

They got dropped because they played ****. Whether they should have gotten dropped is a different debate.
Yeah I think TimTam Tahu is trying to stir the pot.

The only way they got dropped for their stance is if they were so invested in it, that it got to their head.

I think it was a knee-jerk reaction also. Probably should have kept him in the side.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Or because others in the team/staff gave them grief for it.

Not saying that they did, just that it’s another possibility. You might not feel like giving your all, or have your mind in the game if you don’t feel you have the support of your team.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gangrenous wrote: June 19, 2019, 5:41 pm Or because others in the team/staff gave them grief for it.

Not saying that they did, just that it’s another possibility. You might not feel like giving your all, or have your mind in the game if you don’t feel you have the support of your team.
Or maybe the others in the team didn't give a **** about it. There's zero basis for any of this speculation.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Left of field here, but would BJ have been playing right centre in game 1 if he was fit?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I’m pretty sure there were Queensland players that didn’t sing it either, but we don’t care so much about **** like that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

CJ42 wrote:Left of field here, but would BJ have been playing right centre in game 1 if he was fit?
Absolutely he would have, no doubt in my mind.
RosieThe Raider
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by RosieThe Raider »

Definitely there were lots of players that didn't sing it. I noticed Josh Papalii didn't and nor did many of the other Pacific Islander players on both sides.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

RosieThe Raider wrote: June 19, 2019, 7:10 pm Definitely there were lots of players that didn't sing it. I noticed Josh Papalii didn't and nor did many of the other Pacific Islander players on both sides.
I didn't sing it either. That can be the only reason I didn't get a call up for Game II.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

the other 5 players dropped did sing it, but were out of tune
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sid wrote:the other 5 players dropped did sing it, but were out of tune
Almost as out of tune as the actual singer employed to perform the anthem.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: June 19, 2019, 7:08 pm
CJ42 wrote:Left of field here, but would BJ have been playing right centre in game 1 if he was fit?
Absolutely he would have, no doubt in my mind.
Yeah it seems pretty concrete that he was going to partner Latrell in the line up if fit.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

This article and video shows pretty clearly why Mitchell wasn't selected again. With it's title I thought it was going to be garbage but it honestly is a good look at his efforts in game I. They highlight his total lack of giving a **** which cost NSW big each time. Still got paid though ;)

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/20/the ... sw-jersey/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

So you don’t think it’s worth giving your “best strike weapon” another chance after one bad game to completely redeem himself?

This is classic NSW, going in to the game he was single-handedly going to win the series, and now he’s dropped!

Do any of you honestly believe if NSW somehow won that game with a junktime BS try that they still make wholesale changes?
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

NSW just don’t get it unfortunately and picking a fullback and 5/8 to play centre is just bonkers. They need at least an experienced defensive centre on Chambers side if there going to drop players.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Ultima wrote: June 21, 2019, 2:11 am This article and video shows pretty clearly why Mitchell wasn't selected again. With it's title I thought it was going to be garbage but it honestly is a good look at his efforts in game I. They highlight his total lack of giving a **** which cost NSW big each time. Still got paid though ;)

Everybody could see his head was not in the game even watching live. I still don't agree with sacking him. Typical NSW reactionist approach. A good coach would put the onus back on the player to redeem himself. He's at least earned that right on what he delivered last year.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I think if BJ was playing right centre, it would be right of field
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The Rickman wrote: June 21, 2019, 7:55 am So you don’t think it’s worth giving your “best strike weapon” another chance after one bad game to completely redeem himself?
Not in the context of the situation, no. He was also playing poorly for the Roosters before then and his head is clearly elsewhere. There are massive disruptions in his private life which don't just go away in a couple of weeks and would still be an issue for Origin II.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote: June 21, 2019, 8:45 am
Ultima wrote: June 21, 2019, 2:11 am This article and video shows pretty clearly why Mitchell wasn't selected again. With it's title I thought it was going to be garbage but it honestly is a good look at his efforts in game I. They highlight his total lack of giving a **** which cost NSW big each time. Still got paid though ;)

Everybody could see his head was not in the game even watching live. I still don't agree with sacking him. Typical NSW reactionist approach. A good coach would put the onus back on the player to redeem himself. He's at least earned that right on what he delivered last year.
You'd think there was room for a bit of man management there- sit him down for a chat and see what went wrong, try to lift him back up, pump his tyres up or give him a spray or challenge him- whatever you judge works with his personality. That's basically what the majority of coaching is at origin level- selection and mindset.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

BadnMean wrote: June 21, 2019, 10:29 am
Northern Raider wrote: June 21, 2019, 8:45 am

You'd think there was room for a bit of man management there- sit him down for a chat and see what went wrong, try to lift him back up, pump his tyres up or give him a spray or challenge him- whatever you judge works with his personality. That's basically what the majority of coaching is at origin level- selection and mindset.
You would think so. Ask him directly - "if we pick you are you going to repay our faith through performance or are you gonna phone it in again?"

Basically putting the acid on the player to decide if he plays or not. Its against convention but rep footy is about getting the best from the talent available for one off matches. Its not like coaching at club level where team harmony over the longer term is more critical.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Only speculating, but what if Freddy or others in the NSW set up did that and didn't get the answers they wanted from Mitchell. Freddy had said he was in contact with all of the players post Origin 1. They had worked closely with him in the 10 day lead up to Origin 1. They then saw the performance in Brisbane. If left with no option then reputation should not count. So they went with players who said they want to be there. Busy week so I've heard little from the NSW camp in Perth.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Exactly. Whatever led to Mitchell's axing may have been just as much about training or off-field matters than just the game.

Who knows? The coach has his reasons, so unfortunately for NSW the players in game 1 have put the coach and team under enormous pressure for game 2.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

LastRaider wrote:NSW just don’t get it unfortunately and picking a fullback and 5/8 to play centre is just bonkers. They need at least an experienced defensive centre on Chambers side if there going to drop players.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

The Rickman wrote: June 21, 2019, 7:55 am So you don’t think it’s worth giving your “best strike weapon” another chance after one bad game to completely redeem himself?
I thought Teddy was great in both matches so far. Turbo Tom looked to challenge him in SOO2 for the title of 'best strike weapon'.
If a players head is not in the right frame then it takes a gutsy coach to make the call on selection and Freddy was vindicated by the results.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Yeah this showed it all. I reckon he wasn’t even considered pretty much due to this. It’s horrific and I dare say some of the players don’t want a bar of him after video sessions as well.

I don’t care how good he is. That video is a succession of no efforts. Not missed tackles or knock ons, it wasn’t a bad game or an off night like Nickman says. It was blatantly not trying and that’s as bad as it gets for a team sport athlete without actually throwing a game.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That video looks pretty damning and yet i bet in any given game, even last night for NSW, you could compile a video similarly of other outside backs. Especially the first 5. I see that **** 100 times a weekend from players... and of course ill get the "this is SOO! There is no room for that!!!" Bull... it's a game of footy and most of that is just a centre having a bad day.

6 and 7 are pretty bad though
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Just reading the resident "experts" opinions on here. Doesn't disappoint, nor surprise me how off the mark you all were... again

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

PigRickman wrote: June 24, 2019, 9:21 am That video looks pretty damning and yet i bet in any given game, even last night for NSW, you could compile a video similarly of other outside backs. Especially the first 5. I see that **** 100 times a weekend from players... and of course ill get the "this is SOO! There is no room for that!!!" Bull... it's a game of footy and most of that is just a centre having a bad day.

6 and 7 are pretty bad though
I actually think 1-5 are horrific. Centre is the least taxing position on the field and it’s very literally your job to lead in support and kick chase to finish off opportunities and force players in goal. Compare it to Wighton and Trbojevic last night. They finished off tries purely by being there in support and in Wigjtons case made Addo Carr more threatening on the switch simply be being a man there in support. The 3-5 plays are an embarrassment. Cook creates an attacking opportunity on his side and he is 20 meters behind the play. He’s the most behind player on the field and it is his job to be there. Backed up by not being on Cordners left shoulder and not chasing the kick is just not good enough.

I wouldn’t even consider him again for game 3. Even with an injury to Wighton/Trbo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Ol' Jack Wighton at centre, hey. Went alright.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote: June 24, 2019, 6:02 pm Ol' Jack Wighton at centre, hey. Went alright.

Yeah amazing. Nobody would have picked that. :roll:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Northern Raider wrote:
dubby wrote: June 24, 2019, 6:02 pm Ol' Jack Wighton at centre, hey. Went alright.

Yeah amazing. Nobody would have picked that. :roll:

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Hiding in plain sight: How unsung Raider Jarrod Croker is on track to torch Cam Smith’s point record

Despite his impressive point scoring record, Jarrod Croker is yet to play Origin for NSW or gain international selection with the Kangaroos.

“If I was a NSW selector he’d be the first guy I’d be picking in the centres for them. I love him. I love what he brings,” Wayne Bennett said. “He’s consistently good every year for Canberra, if they’re [NSW] looking for something they haven’t got. He did a great job.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c47951d544

Canberra Raiders have a 19.9 per cent chance of edging out the Knights (18.3 per cent) for the all important fourth place finish: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... bb4dac180d
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That graph is surprising, even to me, as a Croker fan.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

GE he will have to vastly increase his trajectory as next year he will be the same age as Rapana. It will be time to stud for young JC.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Young who?