Jarrod Croker

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by hobbsy »

gergreg wrote: July 20, 2019, 8:57 am
LastRaider wrote:You’ve got to make hard decisions to win a premiership. Roosters removed Mitchel Pearce, the youngest Roosters and NRL player to ever achieve 200 First grade games, 1 premiership, 19 SOO appearances, 3 minor premiership and Roosters junior. The following year the club wins a premiership.
So we should replace Croker with Cronk? I'm not following you here?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Haha yeah look, if a future immortal, multiple premiership, origin and Dally M winning centre decided he wanted to move to Canberra for family reasons then I'd say discussing which centre we get rid of to make room would be a conversation worth having. Until then I'm pretty happy with having one of the best attacking threats in the competition in our line up every week.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

LastRaider wrote:
gergreg wrote:
LastRaider wrote:You’ve got to make hard decisions to win a premiership. Roosters removed Mitchel Pearce, the youngest Roosters and NRL player to ever achieve 200 First grade games, 1 premiership, 19 SOO appearances, 3 minor premiership and Roosters junior. The following year the club wins a premiership.

The point is sometimes you need to make the hard decisions to win premierships and I believe that moving Cotric to Centre, Simonnson to permanent wing and retaining Rapana at the same time as freeing up some cap space is the decision we need to make to win.
Who is kicking goals in your imaginary world?

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Does anyone know for a fact what Croker is actually on?

I've seen a lot of get rid of him to "free up some cap space"

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

gergreg wrote: July 20, 2019, 10:38 am Who is kicking goals in your imaginary world?

This always makes me laugh too because these fools usually get rid of Sezer and Williams as well in their imaginary worlds, so really, who IS kicking the goals?

TW, I think there's some speculation he's on around 600k? Which for a centre of his quality, longevity and standing is really not a lot. We'd also be getting the long-term player discount and the local junior discount on him too.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Is this still going?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

skeepe wrote:I haven’t been here for a while, so I had to check if my phone had cached a version of the site from 2012 when I saw this thread.

But no.... this is an actual thread. In 2019. On the largest Raiders supporters forum in the world.

That’s outrageous.

Scenes! Absolute scenes at the Greenhouse!
It’s skeepe! Hi skeepe Image
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

gergreg wrote:
LastRaider wrote:
gergreg wrote:

The point is sometimes you need to make the hard decisions to win premierships and I believe that moving Cotric to Centre, Simonnson to permanent wing and retaining Rapana at the same time as freeing up some cap space is the decision we need to make to win.

George Williams, kicked pretty well in 2017 for Wigan
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

raiderskater wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 20, 2019, 10:38 am Who is kicking goals in your imaginary world?

This always makes me laugh too because these fools usually get rid of Sezer and Williams as well in their imaginary worlds, so really, who IS kicking the goals?

TW, I think there's some speculation he's on around 600k? Which for a centre of his quality, longevity and standing is really not a lot. We'd also be getting the long-term player discount and the local junior discount on him too.
Apparently BJ and Croker are on similar money. (Told this from a player agent)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

LastRaider wrote:
gergreg wrote:
LastRaider wrote:
gergreg wrote:

What happened to his kicking in 2018 and 2019?

raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

LastRaider wrote: July 20, 2019, 1:10 pm
raiderskater wrote:

Well what's BJ on then?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

gergreg wrote:
LastRaider wrote:
gergreg wrote:
LastRaider wrote:
gergreg wrote:So we should replace Croker with Cronk? I'm not following you here?

What happened to his kicking in 2018 and 2019?

He stopped kicking. Another kicker came to the club
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

raiderskater wrote: July 20, 2019, 2:19 pm
LastRaider wrote: July 20, 2019, 1:10 pm
raiderskater wrote:

Well what's BJ on then?
Well in 2015 he was on $425k per season at the knights

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 5c92718479

He resigned at the beginning of 2017, coming off a hot season in 2016. So I think he would be close to $750k a season.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Surprised to see that Croker's goalkicking has dropped below 75% and we're currently fourth last for conversion percentage in the NRL. Defend him all you want but he's definitely regressed further this season, after a slight drop last year. At the moment there's eight kickers above 80% who are their teams' main kicker.

If he can't improve it then me thinks we make use out of Sezer whilst he's still here. Silly to persist with a guy kicking in the mid 70s if we've got a guy proven to be in the 80-85% range waiting in the wings, and especially given how small the margins have become in the comp.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

afgtnk wrote: July 20, 2019, 3:00 pm Surprised to see that Croker's goalkicking has dropped below 75% and we're currently fourth last for conversion percentage in the NRL. Defend him all you want but he's definitely regressed further this season, after a slight drop last year. At the moment there's eight kickers above 80% who are their teams' main kicker.

If he can't improve it then me thinks we make use out of Sezer whilst he's still here. Silly to persist with a guy kicking in the mid 70s if we've got a guy proven to be in the 80-85% range waiting in the wings, and especially given how small the margins have become in the comp.
Oh my god. Stop. Just stop.

Has it lost us a game? No. Will it lose us a game? No. Will he kick a lot better when the wind isn't making the ball do ****ing s-bends in the air? Of course.

He's had multiple games this year where he's kicked well over 80% (and quite a few he's kicked 100%). The simple fact that he had to take so many conversions last weekend into trash wind damaged his percentage.

And once again, since apparently this concept is too simple for some of your simple minds: the kicker will only get better at kicking BY KICKING.

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Right on cue, out comes the emotional drivel when a favourite is attacked with basic facts.

We all want him to improve, hopefully he does.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

afgtnk wrote:Surprised to see that Croker's goalkicking has dropped below 75% and we're currently fourth last for conversion percentage in the NRL. Defend him all you want but he's definitely regressed further this season, after a slight drop last year. At the moment there's eight kickers above 80% who are their teams' main kicker.

A few weeks back you were waiting at Raiders training to run over Sezer in your car, now you're best mates. Did he finally return your calls?

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The skips stepped up hasn't he ?

Great try saving tackle, rattled bones, I felt it in Lake Mac.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

4 from 4 with the boot too
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

afgtnk wrote: July 20, 2019, 4:03 pm Right on cue, out comes the emotional drivel when a favourite is attacked with basic facts.

Hi, alphabet! Did you enjoy tonight's game? That 4 from 4 kicking really made the difference! And of course Croker's incredible defence - and Sezer had a magnificent game! You must have loved it!

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

raiderskater wrote: July 20, 2019, 8:21 pm
afgtnk wrote: July 20, 2019, 4:03 pm Right on cue, out comes the emotional drivel when a favourite is attacked with basic facts.

Hi, alphabet! Did you enjoy tonight's game? That 4 from 4 kicking really made the difference! And of course Croker's incredible defence - and Sezer had a magnificent game! You must have loved it!
Nothing is sweeter than shadenfreude...

Sezer still hit legs 45 times. But his defence was crucial again. And he played well.

Toots Jnr was massive.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

afgtnk wrote:Right on cue, out comes the emotional drivel when a favourite is attacked with basic facts.

Jesus job complete with Sezer time to move on to the next player. Can't wait till he starts on Papa.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How awesome was that try saving tackle from Jarrod Croker tonight, with the game in the balance!? He was very good in defence, though the Tigers targeted the left side for the Raiders. They actually probably got more of the line breaks down the right side in the end.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2019, 10:38 pm How awesome was that try saving tackle from Jarrod Croker tonight, with the game in the balance!? He was very good in defence, though the Tigers targeted the left side for the Raiders. They actually probably got more of the line breaks down the right side in the end.
It was pretty good to watch. Even better is slow motion. He's been very good of late.
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

How sad is this thread. Lovely to see Crokes going full sticky and rubbing it right in your faces!!
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

KingDynamite wrote: July 21, 2019, 8:08 am How sad is this thread. Lovely to see Crokes going full sticky and rubbing it right in your faces!!

Croker as well as Sezer have done some rubbing in a certain persons face the last 2 weeks....

Gotta say it made me chuckle
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

KingDynamite wrote:How sad is this thread. Lovely to see Crokes going full sticky and rubbing it right in your faces!!
Cowards have gone quiet everywhere
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Croker has put in two very good games the last two weeks. Great to see and long may it last.

Doesn’t convince me the inherent defensive flaw in his game won’t cost us a final but I’m pleased to see his current vein of form.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Billy Walker wrote: July 21, 2019, 3:09 pm Croker has put in two very good games the last two weeks. Great to see and long may it last.

Doesn’t convince me the inherent defensive flaw in his game won’t cost us a final but I’m pleased to see his current vein of form.
It didn't cost us the last time we played finals. It won't this time.

Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

lol, Insane this has gone on so long... Now the "lets save some cap space" crap, you realise he is the only player we have who qualifies for the loyalty discount right? He costs us nothing in cap space because of that so unless you can replace the highest point scorer, try scorer, current co-captain, soon to be most games in Green player for some imaginary better player for minimal wage why are you morons even trying this angle?
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Jarrod Croker

Post by LastRaider »

Billy Walker wrote:Croker has put in two very good games the last two weeks. Great to see and long may it last.

I’m with you Billy, my opinion remains the same.
Last edited by LastRaider on July 21, 2019, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Ultima wrote:lol, Insane this has gone on so long... Now the "lets save some cap space" crap, you realise he is the only player we have who qualifies for the loyalty discount right? He costs us nothing in cap space because of that so unless you can replace the highest point scorer, try scorer, current co-captain, soon to be most games in Green player for some imaginary better player for minimal wage why are you morons even trying this angle?
How much do you think the loyalty discount cap is? It’s like $50,000 if that once you split it across every other player that qualifies.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Jarrod Croker

Post by LastRaider »

The Rickman wrote:
KingDynamite wrote:How sad is this thread. Lovely to see Crokes going full sticky and rubbing it right in your faces!!
How are we cowards Rickman compared to the **** you post on here at times. It’s same same different topics.

Cowards are people who don’t stand behind what they post... we are still here
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

LastRaider wrote: July 21, 2019, 4:20 pm
Ultima wrote:lol, Insane this has gone on so long... Now the "lets save some cap space" crap, you realise he is the only player we have who qualifies for the loyalty discount right? He costs us nothing in cap space because of that so unless you can replace the highest point scorer, try scorer, current co-captain, soon to be most games in Green player for some imaginary better player for minimal wage why are you morons even trying this angle?
How much do you think the loyalty discount cap is? It’s like $50,000 if that once you split it across every other player that qualifies.
Minimum wage next year is $120,000, the discount is $200,000 for someone at the club for ten years or someone in the NRL for more than eight straight. I can't see us "splitting it up" at all (not that it really makes any difference).

Considering how hard it is for us to get players which rep player do you think we can pull to Canberra at short notice for less than $500k who would be willing to take the place of a local favourite (which he is as I really feel the overly vocal idiots are a minority).
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

LastRaider wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
How are we cowards Rickman compared to the **** you post on here at times. It’s same same different topics.

Cowards are people who don’t stand behind what they post... we are still here
Coward.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Ultima wrote:
LastRaider wrote: July 21, 2019, 4:20 pm
Minimum wage next year is $120,000, the discount is $200,000 for someone at the club for ten years or someone in the NRL for more than eight straight. I can't see us "splitting it up" at all (not that it really makes any difference).

Considering how hard it is for us to get players which rep player do you think we can pull to Canberra at short notice for less than $500k who would be willing to take the place of a local favourite (which he is as I really feel the overly vocal idiots are a minority).
I’m not suggesting to recruit anyone. My opinion is we retain Rapana and more Cotric to centre with BJ and have Simonnson as our full time winger