Jarrod Croker

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Jarrod Croker

Post by LastRaider »

hobbsy wrote:So now we have lost Croker and Rapana to sign a half, (and we still don't know which half that is btw) despite the fact that next season we already had a tier 1 international and origin rep slated for our 6 and 7? Geez you'd hope whoever is coming in is really, really top class because we have just lost a wealth of experience and depth in our outside backs and I'd imagine the team would be quite unsettled after this as well.
Don’t go brining Rapana into it. The question was who do you propose we bring into the side to replace Croker that defends better and attacks as good. Then what do we do with the extra cap space to improve our chances of winning a premiership.

This has been answered and now you pivot the conversation to something else to justify the means. Classic

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
edwahu

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by edwahu »

Half the squad would probably be eligible for the development allowance. Players like Young and even Sia are.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

LastRaider wrote: June 30, 2019, 10:33 am
hobbsy wrote:So now we have lost Croker and Rapana to sign a half, (and we still don't know which half that is btw) despite the fact that next season we already had a tier 1 international and origin rep slated for our 6 and 7? Geez you'd hope whoever is coming in is really, really top class because we have just lost a wealth of experience and depth in our outside backs and I'd imagine the team would be quite unsettled after this as well.
Don’t go brining Rapana into it. The question was who do you propose we bring into the side to replace Croker that defends better and attacks as good. Then what do we do with the extra cap space to improve our chances of winning a premiership.

This has been answered and now you pivot the conversation to something else to justify the means. Classic

Is this a serious post? The last reply to me is the one that brought up Rapana because there was no answer given to which half is going to come here on Crokers salary. Try again.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Jarrod Croker

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote:I’m with Rickmando on this one and the size of this thread (and the NSW Origin centres) suggests many others agree. It amazes me how every other player can be questioned or queried but there is outrage if anyone looks at our bog average centre. He wasn’t horrible tonight but he isn’t brilliant either and it says a bit to me when his supporters celebrate the smallest of things his does like a head slam being strong defence. He just hasn’t got it.
Sorry pal, you lost me when you referred to our captain and the centre ranked number two amongst his peers as “bog average”. It’s just nothing but blatant trolling and you’d think after all these years you’d have learned how to be a bit more subtle, but I guess not.

I guess old habits die hard.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: June 30, 2019, 10:45 am
Billy Walker wrote:I’m with Rickmando on this one and the size of this thread (and the NSW Origin centres) suggests many others agree. It amazes me how every other player can be questioned or queried but there is outrage if anyone looks at our bog average centre. He wasn’t horrible tonight but he isn’t brilliant either and it says a bit to me when his supporters celebrate the smallest of things his does like a head slam being strong defence. He just hasn’t got it.
Sorry pal, you lost me when you referred to our captain and the centre ranked number two amongst his peers as “bog average”. It’s just nothing but blatant trolling and you’d think after all these years you’d have learned how to be a bit more subtle, but I guess not.

A guy who never represents his state or country, never wins a GF, plays in more losing games than winning games and will hold the record for playing in the most losses for the club is not in the elite class for mine.

But yeah bog average was a bit rough. I was still hurting from the loss when I posted.

Let’s agree to call him a solid contributor who has reached his used by date shall we 😉 - just stirring you now Rickman...
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

hobbsy wrote:
LastRaider wrote: June 30, 2019, 10:33 am

Is this a serious post? The last reply to me is the one that brought up Rapana because there was no answer given to which half is going to come here on Crokers salary. Try again.
Sorry Hobby’s wasn’t meant to post that on your thread

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Billy Walker wrote: June 30, 2019, 11:01 am
The Rickman wrote: June 30, 2019, 10:45 am

A guy who never represents his state or country, never wins a GF, plays in more losing games than winning games and will hold the record for playing in the most losses for the club is not in the elite class for mine.

But yeah bog average was a bit rough. I was still hurting from the loss when I posted.

Let’s agree to call him a solid contributor who has reached his used by date shall we 😉 - just stirring you now Rickman...
This post is absolute insanity. There have been many, many experts - unbiased ones - who have long stated that Croker is incredibly unlucky not to have played Origin or for Australia. Actually, I distinctly remember the Australian coach saying that Croker would have been one of the first picked in 2016 - had he not been injured in our semi against the Storm.

Never won a GF - none of the current Raiders players have! A lot of very good players at other clubs haven't either! How is that solely on Croker?

Again - losses - how are all of those on Croker? He would have been playing amongst some genuine garbage in quite a few of those games. I fail to see how it's a reflection on Croker. You play in a lot of games, you're going to play in a lot of losses. That's the nature of the beast.

The mental gymnastics involved in this "logic" is absolutely **** ridiculous.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I'm always entertained by the Supercoach Trade mentality people use when discussing who to buy and let go. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I will start by saying I want Croker in my side. Great Raider. Great bloke. But he is not an Origin level player. He is a good First Grader and point scoring machine whose defence is average, attack good, goal kicking above average.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Wiki Special wrote: June 30, 2019, 11:50 am I will start by saying I want Croker in my side. Great Raider. Great bloke. But he is not an Origin level player. He is a good First Grader and point scoring machine whose defence is average, attack good, goal kicking above average.
I’d agree with that - But I suspect he is earning $$ that exceed that assessment. I also think a club like Melbourne would be looking to upgrade a player fitting that assessment.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Wiki Special wrote: June 30, 2019, 11:50 am I will start by saying I want Croker in my side. Great Raider. Great bloke. But he is not an Origin level player. He is a good First Grader and point scoring machine whose defence is average, attack good, goal kicking above average.
Reasonable assessment but not being an "Origin level player" is no grounds to be terminating a player's contract or dropping them to reserve grade as a few have argued in this thread.

Anyway want is an "Origin level player"?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yep, he’s a very good club centre who is not quite good enough to be a regular origin centre.

I think in a situation like this year, when there was a ton of injuries, had he got a call up, he’d have done his job well enough but yeah there is always going to be better options available at full strength
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Northern Raider wrote: June 30, 2019, 12:08 pm
Reasonable assessment but not being an "Origin level player" is no grounds to be terminating a player's contract or dropping them to reserve grade as a few have argued in this thread.

Anyway want is an "Origin level player"?
Origin level player refers to those really elite players like Dylan Walker, Justin O'Neil, Jamie Buhrer, James Roberts, Ryan O'Hara, Nathan Merrit, Moses Mbye, Tim Grant, Kade Snowden, Justin Poore etc.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Gee I love the 'never won a premiership' thing to justify a player's worth. Or 'he's won a premiership so he must be a gun' line of thinking. It's hilarious people actually think that. Shane Perry has won a premiership. Bryan Norrie has won a premiership. Ricky Leutele has won a premiership. Could go all day.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

I wouldnt be dropping him this year.

But next season, there’s a very real probability we have 2 better centres in Cotric and BJ and 2 better wingers in Rapana and Simonnson.

Not that much point comparing Croker to the rest of competitions centres, unless we’re discussing the likelihood of another team picking him up. And if you add Croker to many other clubs backlines, it would appear they’d be upgrading if he joined them. Which means we should have no trouble offloading him.

Bottom line, if BJ comes back in 2020 (everything is so far pointing to yes), Croker’s not in my starting side and his money would be better spent elsewhere.

But for now, I wouldn’t risk shopping him around.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm thoroughly enjoying this fallacy that as it stands Cotric, who has played 4 NRL games at centre is a better Centre than Croker who has played 245 there

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

When you’ve had 245 par-solid games, it doesn’t take long for an elite player to surpass you.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:I'm thoroughly enjoying this fallacy that as it stands Cotric, who has played 4 NRL games at centre is a better Centre than Croker who has played 245 there

And now all of a sudden we have Bailey Simonsson in the starting team above him!

Absolute cowards **** everywhere
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

-TW- wrote: June 30, 2019, 12:46 pm I'm thoroughly enjoying this fallacy that as it stands Cotric, who has played 4 NRL games at centre is a better Centre than Croker who has played 245 there

So why, after 245 games, can he still not defend at even an average level???

Why didn’t he use his 245 games of experience last night to wrap up the tiny Mitch Moses, who had been slowed up by the first line of defence, instead of timidly trying to jersey-grab him like an under 12’s player?
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Rickmando wrote: June 30, 2019, 1:19 pm
-TW- wrote: June 30, 2019, 12:46 pm I'm thoroughly enjoying this fallacy that as it stands Cotric, who has played 4 NRL games at centre is a better Centre than Croker who has played 245 there

Why didn’t he use his 245 games of experience last night to wrap up the tiny Mitch Moses, who had been slowed up by the first line of defence, instead of timidly trying to jersey-grab him like an under 12’s player?
Why didn't any of the two other players who Moses also ran through wrap him up, either?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

yeh raiders wrote:When you’ve had 245 par-solid games, it doesn’t take long for an elite player to surpass you.
Jesus Christ, calling his 245 games “par-solid” is an absolute rewriting of history of the highest **** order.

Go and have a lie down, ****.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Rickmando wrote:

May as well fold the organisation if we're dropping every player to ever miss a tackle leading to a try

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Jarrod Croker

Post by The Nickman »

Rickmando wrote:

This post is absolute **** garbage too, he absolutely can defend at an “average level”. He gets found out occasionally, as does every single centre in the game but he stops a hell of a lot more tries than he lets in

You people are all **** nuts
Last edited by The Nickman on June 30, 2019, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:
Rickmando wrote:

May as well fold the organisation if we're dropping every player to ever miss a tackle leading to a try

Half our team gets dropped after that Moses try then. Who’s even playing next game?
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

The Rickman wrote: June 30, 2019, 1:22 pm
yeh raiders wrote:When you’ve had 245 par-solid games, it doesn’t take long for an elite player to surpass you.
Jesus Christ, calling his 245 games “par-solid” is an absolute rewriting of history of the highest **** order.

Go and have a lie down, ****.
Classic LemonMan.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

raiderskater wrote: June 30, 2019, 1:20 pm

Why didn't any of the two other players who Moses also ran through wrap him up, either?
Whitehead on the initial miss and CNK on the last miss get a free pass it seems.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Don't feed the trolls everyone...
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

greeneyed wrote: June 30, 2019, 2:00 pm Don't feed the trolls everyone...
Having a differing opinion to the majority doesn’t make me a troll.

That’s a very weak and biased statement from a moderator. Do you not encourage two sides of a debate on the GH?
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Northern Raider wrote: June 30, 2019, 1:57 pm
raiderskater wrote: June 30, 2019, 1:20 pm

Whitehead on the initial miss and CNK on the last miss get a free pass it seems.
Both poor efforts also. But it’s not a Whitehead/CNK thread. Croker actually had by far the easiest assignment of all of the missed tackles, whilst Moses was slowed down/off balance.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Rickmando wrote: June 30, 2019, 2:24 pm

That’s a very weak and biased statement from a moderator. Do you not encourage two sides of a debate on the GH?
Comrade Croker is beyond reproach.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

It’s not just one or two people calling time on him - the drums are beating louder. Dismiss it all you like but where there’s smoke there’s fire.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 30, 2019, 2:36 pm
Rickmando wrote: June 30, 2019, 2:24 pm

Comrade Croker is beyond reproach.
Not just that, but the consistent aggressive and offensive language, and the insults from the collective in this discussion have been conveniently overlooked... but because I’m taking an unpopular position on a topic, I’m a troll?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Billy Walker wrote:It’s not just one or two people calling time on him - the drums are beating louder. Dismiss it all you like but where there’s smoke there’s fire.
So with Sezer almost likely to be moved on next year and if you had your way, Croker gone too. Who is kicking goals?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Cotric is a better winger than he is centre, and Croker is a better player than Simonsonn

The drums aren’t beating at all except in the heads of a select few cowards.
The equation is simple - CNK, Cotric, Croker, Beej, Rapana (or simo if rapana leaves)

That’ll be the backline next year assuming Beej is back, as it should be, and y’all best just get used to it.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

gergreg wrote: June 30, 2019, 2:54 pm
Billy Walker wrote:It’s not just one or two people calling time on him - the drums are beating louder. Dismiss it all you like but where there’s smoke there’s fire.
So with Sezer almost likely to be moved on next year and if you had your way, Croker gone too. Who is kicking goals?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Why Sam Williams of course.