Jarrod Croker

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by Northern Raider »

simo wrote: June 18, 2019, 7:54 am If there was a wierd team picked where a centre needed to be selected from only the raiders squad, id have bj,wighton and cotric ahead of croker. Thats just from our team..
Freddy likes the way you think
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

..Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Poor Crokesy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

dubby wrote: June 18, 2019, 10:08 am ..Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
:roflmao

Your best work Dubby. Croker is definitely the Grimesy of Origin.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: June 18, 2019, 7:54 am If there was a wierd team picked where a centre needed to be selected from only the raiders squad, id have bj,wighton and cotric ahead of croker. Thats just from our team..
Yeah, but that's completely ignoring the fact Jack is our five-eighth and is SO much better in that position!

This scenario is akin to saying in 1994 the Raiders would select Mal Meninga and Laurie Daley over Ruben Wiki because we're completely ignoring the fact Daley was the five-eighth. It's a completely garbage scenario, Simson.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 11:06 am
Yeah, but that's completely ignoring the fact Jack is our five-eighth and is SO much better in that position!

This scenario is akin to saying in 1994 the Raiders would select Mal Meninga and Laurie Daley over Ruben Wiki because we're completely ignoring the fact Daley was the five-eighth. It's a completely garbage scenario, Simson.
Yes it is. But in the rep arena if a rep side has a spot available at centre thats the exact lost theyd run through. At some point theres going to be a tough decision to make on how much cap is invested into centres
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

As good as it is to see Wighton as centre for NSW I'm still gobsmacked that Mitchell was dropped to accommodate him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: June 18, 2019, 11:23 am As good as it is to see Wighton as centre for NSW I'm still gobsmacked that Mitchell was dropped to accommodate him.
Well I think it's absolutely fantastic.

And honestly, I hope Jack can bounce back pretty quickly from being dropped for Michael Jennings for Game 3 too. I really don't want another Campo 2009 scenario to railroad our season.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 11:30 am
Northern Raider wrote: June 18, 2019, 11:23 am As good as it is to see Wighton as centre for NSW I'm still gobsmacked that Mitchell was dropped to accommodate him.

And honestly, I hope Jack can bounce back pretty quickly from being dropped for Michael Jennings for Game 3 too. I really don't want another Campo 2009 scenario to railroad our season.
He's a ready made scapegoat but I think you'll find its Dugan that replaces him.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: June 18, 2019, 11:36 am

He's a ready made scapegoat but I think you'll find its Dugan that replaces him.
Of course *slaps forehead*… how stupid of me!
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

TBH I think the wiser play is mitchell in the centres with Jack and turbo to the winger replacing Blake.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

papabear wrote: June 18, 2019, 11:48 am TBH I think the wiser play is mitchell in the centres with Jack and turbo to the winger replacing Blake.
No that's equally dumb. Dropping a centre (who played well) to replace him with a 5/8.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Voted by over 6,000 NRL fans of all clubs as the best centre of the week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/cho ... -round-14/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: June 18, 2019, 12:36 pm Voted by over 6,000 NRL fans of all clubs as the best centre of the week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/cho ... -round-14/
He's not very good though, is he?? What would those 6,000 fans know that raiders fans don't
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Cody Walker definitely got the Campo treatment.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

If Croker wants to get picked for origin he is going to need to grow an afro, get some dreadlocks or change his name to something amusing. These seem to be far important criteria in getting picked for NSW than skill or form. Playing for one of the big Sydney clubs doesn't hurt the chances either!

Croker would do an excellent job if he was picked but it seems like that isn't going to happen. It certainly doesn't devalue him as a player in my eyes. NSW selections are often that bizarre they might as well be picked at random by a robot.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

pickles wrote: June 18, 2019, 3:35 pm If Croker wants to get picked for origin he is going to need to grow an afro, get some dreadlocks or change his name to something amusing. These seem to be far important criteria in getting picked for NSW than skill or form. Playing for one of the big Sydney clubs doesn't hurt the chances either!

Croker would do an excellent job if he was picked but it seems like that isn't going to happen. It certainly doesn't devalue him as a player in my eyes. NSW selections are often that bizarre they might as well be picked at random by a robot.
Carrying on like an absolute richardhead would do him massive favours in the eyes of the NSW selectors too.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 3:38 pm
pickles wrote: June 18, 2019, 3:35 pm If Croker wants to get picked for origin he is going to need to grow an afro, get some dreadlocks or change his name to something amusing. These seem to be far important criteria in getting picked for NSW than skill or form. Playing for one of the big Sydney clubs doesn't hurt the chances either!

Carrying on like an absolute richardhead would do him massive favours in the eyes of the NSW selectors too.
So..
Get drunk, nude up, punch out 3 elderly citizens, cop the 12 week NRL stand down, face court, pay fine, community service, best preseason ever, lead Dally Ms, play Origin...

Redemption !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Croker could definitely do with a good redemption story. No one really likes a clean skin in the NRL it doesn't sell papers when they don't **** up and it doesn't sell papers when they return to form!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote: June 18, 2019, 3:56 pm
The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 3:38 pm

So..
Get drunk, nude up, punch out 3 elderly citizens, cop the 12 week NRL stand down, face court, pay fine, community service, best preseason ever, lead Dally Ms, play Origin...

Redemption !!!
He'd be a starter in the team by 2020!
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

I dont think Mitchel was dropped to accommodate Jack. Mitchell was dropped because a) he performed like a stunned dear in game 1, and b) Freddy doesn't trust him to be switched on for the whole 80 minutes.
As for Morris I am not surprised he was dropped. He was only selected due to Turbo not being available and Dugan is an ****. Morris created the try where he ran in and left Cotric 3 on 1. Anyone could have scored the try he scored.
Turbo took 1 centre spot and Jack was moved to centre to fill the other. Jack would've been picked anyway, just as a 14 instead of 4 or 3 whatever.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

If Latrell Mitchell and Dylan Walker, the “form half of the comp” were seriously dropped from Origin for one poor game in Brisbane, then it sums up everything wrong with NSW and their culture in one foul swoop

Doesn’t matter the rhetoric they spew out at us when they win, nothing has changed in twenty years
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Jarrod Croker

Post by LastRaider »

Interesting article on news.com.au.

Around the clubs in Sydney there were rumours that the national anthem boycott wasn’t well recieved by players and the higher management

https://www.news.com.au/sport/former-or ... 23ed8ad14d

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

One fell swoop.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:One fell swoop.
Why didn’t you just edit it?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

LastRaider wrote:Interesting article on news.com.au.

Around the clubs in Sydney there were rumours that the national anthem boycott wasn’t well recieved by players and the higher management

Had been thinking this myself. Thing has a bad smell about it.

Be very disappointing if poor support from team mates and staff contributed to the poor performances and being dropped. I don’t think refusing to sing the anthem in the circumstances is an unreasonable protest.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I thought most if the indigenous players made their stance pretty clear even before selection for the first game. I think Rickman is probably closest to the truth in suggesting it's a NSW knee-jerk reaction. Mitchell wasn't at his best but didn't get any quality ball. NSW was on the defensive for the middle 40 minutes of the game so unless you have a strategy of getting it out wide, coming out of your own end he isn't getting any ball. QLD definitely used tgeir backline strike power better.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:

Be very disappointing if poor support from team mates and staff contributed to the poor performances and being dropped. I don’t think refusing to sing the anthem in the circumstances is an unreasonable protest.
Players haven’t sung the national anthem since I’ve been a kid! I doubt most of them even know the words

And now because players aren’t signing for a genuine reason NSW drops them? Classic NSW. What a ridiculous state
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: June 19, 2019, 8:14 am
greeneyed wrote:One fell swoop.
Why didn’t you just edit it?
Because you’re always complaining.
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

The Rickman wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

Players haven’t sung the national anthem since I’ve been a kid! I doubt most of them even know the words

And now because players aren’t signing for a genuine reason NSW drops them? Classic NSW. What a ridiculous state
I believe It was ridiculous to think channeling Kaepernik in the lead up to game 1 would be anything other then detrimental.... let's hope they do it again!🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: June 19, 2019, 8:27 am
gangrenous wrote:

There other players who didn’t sing and they’re playing Sunday... and there’s more than two. By the way, if Indigenous people are offended by “young and free” and want “brave and free” or “strong and free” let’s do it. They changed “Australia’s sons” to “Australians all” for a good reason and this is exactly the same.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I just read the article and the quotes. Tahu has no idea and he's drawn that conclusion himself.

They got dropped because they played ****. Whether they should have gotten dropped is a different debate.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

I couldn’t care less if they sing or not, they’re not on The Voice.

And Ado Carr didn’t sing, stunk up game 1 and has survived.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

What has any of this got to do with Jarrod Croker being a poor defender who both rushes out of the line and can’t handle hard runners like Kondrad Hurrell? 🤭
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Billy Walker wrote: June 19, 2019, 9:14 am What has any of this got to do with Jarrod Croker being a poor defender who both rushes out of the line and can’t handle hard runners like Kondrad Hurrell? 🤭
Nothing really but at least its a more intelligent topic.