Jarrod Croker

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by Ultima »

"His had a wonderful season so far, he really has. He is not underrated in my eyes, he is a huge part of our club. He is a very consistent football player. I always tend to hear the tries he lets in but I don't hear about the tries he saved last week or the two he saved tonight. I never hear about those but I see them, the poor bugger doesn't get, I don't believe, the accolades he deserves. He won that game tonight on his goal kicking to be quite honest.

The best part about Jarrod Croker is his character and personality, and I've said it here before that's the sort of integrity and values that you want in your club and that is what he is setting."

^ What was said by Stuart in the press conference when asked about Croker.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

-TW- wrote: June 14, 2019, 12:02 am He and Simonsson need to sort their **** out

I love the bloke but he makes it hard sometimes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
One try scored down that side which you could claim was a "defensive error" but it was also were most of the attack went. Bateman missed a tackle in the middle of the field which lead to a try too, where is the "sack Bateman" thread?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Ultima wrote:
-TW- wrote: June 14, 2019, 12:02 am He and Simonsson need to sort their **** out

One try scored down that side which you could claim was a "defensive error" but it was also were most of the attack went. Bateman missed a tackle in the middle of the field which lead to a try too, where is the "sack Bateman" thread?
**** are you on about

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

-TW- wrote:
Ultima wrote:

**** are you on about

Can you read?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Raider Azz wrote:
-TW- wrote:
Ultima wrote:

**** are you on about

Can you read?

I don't know what relevance Bateman had to the point I made about them clearly not talking in defence

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Ultima wrote: June 14, 2019, 12:19 am

Bateman missed on the guy coming back in but Havili was also very lazy on the inside.
Our attitude in defense this week wasn't where it was last week.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

zim wrote: June 14, 2019, 12:42 am

Bateman missed on the guy coming back in but Havili was also very lazy on the inside.
We fell for the Sharks' niggle once again which led to lapses in defence... that's what I was mainly disappointed about in tonight's performance. The difference is that this year I believe we're the better team. We need to be a bit smarter.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Jarrod Croker

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:
-TW- wrote:
Ultima wrote:

**** are you on about

Can you read?

I don't know what relevance Bateman had to the point I made about them clearly not talking in defence

Edit

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Rickman wrote:Think you should think before just deleting posts when people call out you boy, TR
I beg your pardon?

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

LastRaider wrote: June 13, 2019, 9:45 pm
Raider Azz wrote:Feels like a great time to bump this thread and reiterate how **** dumb it is

He catches an incept at the end and so he is the messiah again?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
It’s hilarious. Totally disregarding yet another defensive stinker for another untouched opposition try. But is fingers in ears/la la la I can’t hear you
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

I love Croker as much as anyone. The kid is breaking records all over the place and I have no doubt he will go down as a club legend.

Is he the only one out there making mistakes? No.

He is a great player who wins us games with goal kicking and saving tries.

However he has moments in games that are sometimes frustrating. And that is all they are, moments. But it can be those moments that count.

Last night he was caught out pretty bad by Johnson and Dugan. He wasn't the only one, but he was the only one caught in no man's land clutching at air.

I never expect a perfect game from any player. I am happy we won last night given the last 3 years, we probably would have dropped that one so overall that was a positive.

But to go up 20-0 then get dominated for the remaining 60 is something that needs to be looked at. Granted momentum swung there way but we needed to wrestle control back at some point during that game which I don't fully feel we did.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

And Croker also sliced through largely untouched to score his try yeah?

Your edges are going to be made to look silly sometimes when the other team outplays them. No matter how good you are.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gangrenous wrote: June 14, 2019, 8:06 am And Croker also sliced through largely untouched to score his try yeah?

Your edges are going to be made to look silly sometimes when the other team outplays them. No matter how good you are.
Josh Morris widely regarded as one of the best defensive centres in the game and he's let in some shockers this year. The edges are where you get exposed and pretty much every try there you could point the finger at the centre in some respect.

Fact remains we have the no2 ranked defense on the NRL so it stands to reason that our guys are saving a lot more tries than they are given credit for.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Rickmando wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:Feels like a great time to bump this thread and reiterate how **** dumb it is

It’s hilarious. Totally disregarding yet another defensive stinker for another untouched opposition try. But is fingers in ears/la la la I can’t hear you
I love how you disregard every other post in thos thread and reply to the only one that fits your narrative. Fingers in ears indeed.

papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

zim wrote: June 14, 2019, 12:42 am

anybody who blames bateman for that try has no place commenting on rugby league.

That was all havilis Bull.

I am a pretty harsh judge and this season hasnt been crokers best.

But last night he was exceptional except for one very bad read. Cant roast him for that performance, in fact I am almost willing to say last night was a welcome return to form for croker.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: June 14, 2019, 7:08 am
The Rickman wrote:Think you should think before just deleting posts when people call out you boy, TR
I beg your pardon?

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Exactly.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Raider Azz wrote: June 14, 2019, 8:43 am
Rickmando wrote:

I love how you disregard every other post in thos thread and reply to the only one that fits your narrative. Fingers in ears indeed.

I read all of them, cheers.

I chose to make comment on this one because it’s exactly how it is - people are falling over themselves to talk about a single random intercept whilst ignoring the regular defensive weakness that pops up almost weekly, and often costs us points. Why? Because that fits their narrative!!

Both of us can be right, both of us can be wrong. Problem is, it’s comments like the two of yours above that are arrogant and aggressive and closed-minded. You’ve added nothing with them.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I guess Jack being picked at centre for NSW blows away the conspiracy theory there is some sort of bias against the Raiders keeping Croker out of Origin.

The state selectors pulled a guy out of Origin retirement ahead of him for game 1 then picks his team mate out of position for game 2.

Hmmmm do you think just maybe Croker isn’t the world beating centre many keep suggesting he is....
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

No, it means the Blues selectors are **** morons.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Billy Walker wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:17 pm I guess Jack being picked at centre for NSW blows away the conspiracy theory there is some sort of bias against the Raiders keeping Croker out of Origin.

The state selectors pulled a guy out of Origin retirement ahead of him for game 1 then picks his team mate out of position for game 2.

Hmmmm do you think just maybe Croker isn’t the world beating centre many keep suggesting he is....
Who suggested he was some world beating centre?

Genuinely, who? Find me the quote.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

PigRickman wrote: June 16, 2019, 8:03 pm
Billy Walker wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:17 pm I guess Jack being picked at centre for NSW blows away the conspiracy theory there is some sort of bias against the Raiders keeping Croker out of Origin.

Maybe it was world beating front rower Daniel Safiti?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Billy having conversations in his own head I think.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

There is absolutely no one saying Croker is a world beating centre on the level of Latrell MItchell or something. Literally no one.

What people have said, and has been backed up by the list julian provided, is that Croker is comfortably in the top third of centres in this league.

There is more people pretending Croker is a NSW Cup player, which is the most laughable **** i've seen in some time, than people pretending Croker is the best centre in the game.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Brew wrote:He is the leading point scorer in the comp give it a break.
After all we have gone through can’t people just enjoy a tough win instead of another blown game

In Ricky We Trust
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Believe what you want to believe but the Croker fallacy is being exposed big time.

The state selectors have shown they will take any other options available at centre than picking him.

His most loyal fans on here seem to be defending his selection in green along the lines of him being the least worst player in the comp who tries hard and bring a lot of other things to the team that people don’t see.

His propensity to panic and rush out of the line in defence is an ongoing liability he’s unable to fix.

The clock is ticking faster and faster on Mr Croker career.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Billy Walker wrote: His most loyal fans on here seem to be defending his selection in green along the lines of him being the least worst player in the comp who tries hard and bring a lot of other things to the team that people don’t see.
Man I had a rough night sleep, but but I've read this passage 3 or 4 times and I don't understand it? Help me out here Billy. It's Monday morning so go easy mate.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Too lazy to go back but there was talk of shifting Latrell to right centre for Game 1 to accommodate Croker at left centre. If that doesn't label him world class then I don't know what does.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:

Too lazy to go back but there was talk of shifting Latrell to right centre for Game 1 to accommodate Croker at left centre. If that doesn't label him world class then I don't know what does.
I think it's more an indication of the amount of injuries to NSW centres, the lack of overall quality in the position and thirdly the greater ability of Latrell to be able to switch sides rather than Croker. I'm just throwing some ideas out there, I don't think Crokers form warrants selection.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: June 17, 2019, 8:48 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote:

I think it's more an indication of the amount of injuries to NSW centres, the lack of overall quality in the position and thirdly the greater ability of Latrell to be able to switch sides rather than Croker. I'm just throwing some ideas out there, I don't think Crokers form warrants selection.

I just realised that there is only 1 centre playing Origin in game 2. A fullback and 2 x 5/8s have got the nod over every other eligible/healthy centre in the game.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Coastalraider wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:18 am I just realised that there is only 1 centre playing Origin in game 2. A fullback and 2 x 5/8s have got the nod over every other eligible/healthy centre in the game.
...and the best centre in the game just got dropped.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 17, 2019, 8:30 am

Good, that's great, there is one dude doing that and half a dozen of you idiots suggesting Croker isnt even a FG quality centre. The guy saying Croker is elite is much closer to the truth than you are :lol:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

All players being fit and available, Croker sits behind Wighton, Cotric and BJ as a potential NSW centre.

He’s not even in the top 3 best centre options at the Raiders yet somehow people are suggesting he’s better than the majority of centres running around in the NRL....
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: June 17, 2019, 10:17 am
Coastalraider wrote: June 17, 2019, 9:18 am I just realised that there is only 1 centre playing Origin in game 2. A fullback and 2 x 5/8s have got the nod over every other eligible/healthy centre in the game.
...and the best centre in the game just got dropped.
That speaks more about the game itself more than the position IMO.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There are 3000 fans from all clubs who have so far voted on the best centre from the weekend on NRL.com... and so far the leader is Jarrod Croker. Yet we have our own fans telling us he's not amongst the top group of centres in the NRL!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/cho ... -round-14/
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

If I supported another club I would want to see Croker continue to line up for the raiders for as long as possible.