Bulldogs 13+
8%

Total votes: 13

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: 2019 Rd 12 V Bulldogs: Game Day

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:I thought the Elliott Whitehead grubber and regather was touched.

Anybody else ?
It was
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

dubby wrote: June 1, 2019, 8:13 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
dubby wrote:Not as confident with Crokers kicking this year. He's a bit off. Still the best be have

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Criticism of Croker isn't acceptable

How is this metric of still the best we have being established/maintained?
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

dubby wrote: June 1, 2019, 8:13 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
dubby wrote:Not as confident with Crokers kicking this year. He's a bit off. Still the best be have

Criticism of Croker isn't acceptable

How is this metric of still the best we have being established/maintained?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders’ huge omen?

According to Fox Sports Lab, Canberra’s 12-10 win over Canterbury on Saturday night was their fewest points scored in a win in 30 years. The Raiders had not won a match scoring 12 points or less since also winning 12-10 over Manly at Brookvale Oval in Round 8, 1989.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... df6e00fcf7
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

greeneyed wrote: June 3, 2019, 5:48 am Raiders’ huge omen?

According to Fox Sports Lab, Canberra’s 12-10 win over Canterbury on Saturday night was their fewest points scored in a win in 30 years. The Raiders had not won a match scoring 12 points or less since also winning 12-10 over Manly at Brookvale Oval in Round 8, 1989.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... df6e00fcf7
its a prophecy...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings

7. Canberra Raiders (8)
A great, gutsy effort against the Dogs without their Origin players. They rocked up to ANZ Stadium and Ricky Stuart would've known his side were underdogs and was probably expecting an ambush. But the Raiders worked hard and looked like they wanted it a bit more than the Dogs.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/03/sow ... s-plummet/

Not sure I really get why the Raiders are in seventh, when they are running fifth... but more importantly, they are running fifth on 14 points with a bye in hand. Three teams above them, including the Knights in fourth on points differential and also on 14 competition points, have had their bye. The Sharks are on 14 points, in sixth on points difference, but they've also had their bye. There are five teams on 12 points, but two have had their bye. The Raiders have seven wins, and that's ranked fourth in the league. It's a better position to be in than is immediately apparent. That's why that Bulldogs win was so important.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Sowies powies run on the accumulated form of the year. Ladder position isn't as important as who they were against and future draw isn't counted at all.
Last edited by zim on June 3, 2019, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: June 3, 2019, 1:05 pm NRL.com power rankings

7. Canberra Raiders (8)
A great, gutsy effort against the Dogs without their Origin players. They rocked up to ANZ Stadium and Ricky Stuart would've known his side were underdogs and was probably expecting an ambush. But the Raiders worked hard and looked like they wanted it a bit more than the Dogs.

Not sure I really get why the Raiders are in seventh, when they are running fifth... but more importantly, they are running fifth on 14 points with a bye in hand. Three teams above them, including the Knights in fourth on points differential and also on 14 competition points, have had their bye. The Sharks are on 14 points, in sixth on points difference, but they've also had their bye. There are five teams on 12 points, but two have had their bye. The Raiders have seven wins, and that's ranked fourth in the league. It's a better position to be in than is immediately apparent. That's why that Bulldogs win was so important.
I don't think you understand power rankings, mate. We've lost three of our last four games and four of our last six. If the rankings were meant to reflect where we sit on the table they'd just be called "the competition ladder".
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I understand... but is it better than looking at the competition ladder and a form line? This power ranking seems very subjective. Nick, I reckon you could quickly write an algorithm that combines ladder and form and come up with something more accurate and scientific. That’s your assignment for the afternoon!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: June 3, 2019, 1:36 pm I understand... but is it better than looking at the competition ladder and a form line? This power ranking seems very subjective. Nick, I reckon you could quickly write an algorithm that combines ladder and form and come up with something more accurate and scientific. That’s your assignment for the afternoon!
But I'm currently trying to finish a model that was due last Thursday!!

Do... do I really have to abandon this for your algorithm??
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Rickman wrote: June 3, 2019, 1:52 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 3, 2019, 1:36 pm I understand... but is it better than looking at the competition ladder and a form line? This power ranking seems very subjective. Nick, I reckon you could quickly write an algorithm that combines ladder and form and come up with something more accurate and scientific. That’s your assignment for the afternoon!

Algorithm power rankings:
1 nrl ladder scaled to recent results factoring in teams played ladder and previous power ranks
2 some stupid model we cant shove in sowards face
Dont delete this GE
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

If I were in charge of power rankings I'd pretty much copy a betting agencies ranking for the odds on the teams winning the GF.
Last edited by Sid on June 3, 2019, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

7. Canberra Raiders (8)

I think we'd won 1 from 5 coming into that game and have half our best players out injured. Seems fair enough.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote:

You know you want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I actually do, but... must... resist... must do... actual work... uggghhh!!
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: June 3, 2019, 1:27 pm

7. Canberra Raiders (8)

I don't think you understand power rankings, mate. We've lost three of our last four games and four of our last six. If the rankings were meant to reflect where we sit on the table they'd just be called "the competition ladder".
Its almost like trying to make sense of Matts Matchups...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Coastalraider wrote: June 3, 2019, 3:24 pm
The Rickman wrote: June 3, 2019, 1:27 pm

7. Canberra Raiders (8)

Its almost like trying to make sense of Matts Matchups...
Hahaha don't be silly... that's impossible
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote JOHN BATEMAN or SEBASTIAN KRIS, Canberra Raiders fans! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

Choose the NRL Try of the Week for Round 12 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/03/cho ... -round-12/ via @NRL
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Round 12 In the sheds: Tom Starling: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -starling/

Raiders.com.au competition to vote for man of the match: https://www.raiders.com.au/competitions ... vote-motm/

Round 12 Moment of the week: This week's moment of the week from the Round 12 win against the Bulldogs is the last ditch tackle from Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad on Marcelo Montoya which sealed the win for the Raiders: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -the-week/

Gallery: Raiders see off determined Bulldogs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -bulldogs/

By the numbers: Raiders v Bulldogs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -bulldogs/

Raiders.com.au competiton to vote for moment of the month: https://www.raiders.com.au/competitions ... the-month/
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Dusty wrote: June 4, 2019, 11:39 am Image

oh good! Benji to be affected by the Drake curse

Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

That’s the hope/plan

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Question regarding an NRL rule to those who know Rugby League better than I, when is it okay and not okay to push in a scrum?

I feel like every few weeks we see a team in a desperate game situation push in a scrum against the feed.
Most of the time referee's will just pull the teams up and make them feed the scrum again, but 2-3 times a year the referee will let it go.

also why wouldn't teams try to push at a scrum the first time one is packed if the worse that happens is that it'll just be re-fed (unless there's a couple of infringements in a row)

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Sid wrote: June 4, 2019, 12:17 pm Question regarding an NRL rule to those who know Rugby League better than I, when is it okay and not okay to push in a scrum?

I feel like every few weeks we see a team in a desperate game situation push in a scrum against the feed.
Most of the time referee's will just pull the teams up and make them feed the scrum again, but 2-3 times a year the referee will let it go.

also why wouldn't teams try to push at a scrum the first time one is packed if the worse that happens is that it'll just be re-fed (unless there's a couple of infringements in a row)
Scrums are rest time. Pushing in scrums is frowned apon as it goes against the forward unions code of conduct. Id be throwing cheap hooks if an opposition forward did anything but lean on me
Dont delete this GE
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Interestingly Refs will occasionally tell the teams not to push in the scrum.

You will hear the Ref say on the TV coverage “Don’t push here fellas”.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad makes the NRL.com Team of the Week: Round 12, 2019 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/02/cho ... -round-12/
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

It's frowned upon but there must be some circumstances when it is allowed, otherwise teams wouldn't push and there wouldn't be those rare ones where it is just allowed to continue

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: June 4, 2019, 12:29 pm @TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad makes the NRL.com Team of the Week: Round 12, 2019 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/02/cho ... -round-12/
I reckon Bateman makes it too if they had named him where he ended up playing.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders John Bateman claims NRL.com Try of the Week for Round 12 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/03/cho ... -round-12/ via @NRL #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders forward Sia Soliola talks squad depth, Tigers match and Origin

Sia Soliola covered a number of topics at Raiders HQ earlier as the forward prepares to face the Tigers on the back of the green machine's close win over the Bulldogs.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... nd-origin/

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Sia Soliola and Shaun McRae: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... un-mcrae2/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -v-tigers/

Raiders partner with the Canberra Rex Hotel: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... rex-hotel/