Bulldogs 13+
8%

Total votes: 13

thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 12 V Bulldogs: Game Day

Post by thedevilingreen »

That last tackle last night made me think back to the Melbourne game in 16 when Boyd got up and just roared at the crowd. These boys will play finals this year and they are going to cause headaches for the big 3. CNK and Bateman are hands down buy of the year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I didn't watch the game in its entirety last night but I caught a lot of it between dinner and drinks at the club. I thought it was a solid effort to come up with the win in the end.

I think sometimes people can underestimate the effect of having players out during the Origin period. I tipped both Manly and Bunnies in the previous games and they both struggled without their Origin reps. Both teams were missing a half, just like us. We were missing a half and our hooker who is a key player in our attacking set up. Our attack didn't look great but considering this I think we did quite well. I know it was only the bottom of the ladder Dogs but they went in to this game with basically just the one interruption to their line up. Taking in to account the disruption due to our Origin reps and injury toll it was a good performance imo.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

BJ wrote: June 1, 2019, 10:50 pm Horsburgh and Lui might not produce the occasional highlight reel Moments of Boyd and Paulo, but how much better is their consistent effort and how much more bang for buck do we get from these two.
Amen! Special shout out to them because I thought they played way longer minutes than usual last night in Papa's absence and they did a good job leading the pack.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Very impressive to get the win with 6 starting players (Leilua, Rapana, Hodgson, Cotric, Wighton, Papa) out. I don't think we get close to winning that in the last 2 seasons - full credit goes to the coaching staff for the depth added to the squad, before the season I thought the recruitment looked pretty ordinary, but CNK, Simonnson and (obviously) Bateman have been amazing.

Kris was solid in his starting debut - he played NSW U-18s in a side with Zac Lomax, Campbell Graham and Payne Haas - so he has clearly has some raw ability. Made some good tackles and showed good hands for his try.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

I think it also deserves to be mentioned that the bulldogs must have been desperate for the win. We had 6 players with less than 10 games experience and they played like seasoned veterans.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Sunday footy show reporting Hudson has been charged and is looking at 7 weeks!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Vaccinated
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fair enough, no place for grubby Bull like that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

7 weeks... what an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

7 weeks is a bit harsh. For mine it looked like he was attacking the nose.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

7 weeks if he fights the charge and loses. 5 weeks if he takes the early plea.

Also, from the Canberra Times article: "But Young wasn't looking at Tolman when his hand made contact with the prop's face and appeared to be incidental."

It will be interesting to see if they choose to fight it considering that
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

That was a great win, most satisfying of the year for mine given the amount of quality players we had out and coming off 3 losses in a row. As said by many, Nicoll-Klokstad, Bateman and Horsburgh were immense for us and I thought that Oldfield had a nice game with some tough carries and the set up for the Kris try.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

cat wrote: June 2, 2019, 11:28 am Sunday footy show reporting Hudson has been charged and is looking at 7 weeks!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Seven weeks?!?!?!!?!?

With no priors!

They have to be kidding!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He has a prior charge.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I didn’t think it was good that Sam Burgess came out saying that Hudson Young had done exactly the same to him a couple of weeks back.

These claims can affect the charging Levels of these acts.

Sam isn’t an inexperienced tv personality either.

For the record I think the act warranted a suspension. The level of the charge however, seems inconsistent with similar reckless facials.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

BJ wrote: June 2, 2019, 12:34 pm I didn’t think it was good that Sam Burgess came out saying that Hudson Young had done exactly the same to him a couple of weeks back.

For the record I think the act warranted a suspension. The level of the charge however, seems inconsistent with similar reckless facials.
Yeah Sam Burgess is a **** tbh
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: June 2, 2019, 12:29 pm He has a prior charge.
Yeah..

He's been in jail.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

If the NRL decide an act like Young's deserves 5 weeks I will support that. But it was nowhere near as bad as the McGuire one on Munster earlier this year and all he got was a fine. What is the explaination for that inconsistency?
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

BJ wrote: June 2, 2019, 12:34 pm I didn’t think it was good that Sam Burgess came out saying that Hudson Young had done exactly the same to him a couple of weeks back.

Burgess is being an absolute cat by saying it publicly - and he knows it too. Sour grapes.

He’s supposed to be someone “old school” and “tough” - none of the great forwards of years past would ever complain in public about what happens on the field - it’s the old cliche, but it stays on the field. Unless you’re an A-grade sook like Burgess
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Did he actually say he eye gouged him though?

I though I heard him say he put his knuckles on his face and that was it..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Rickmando wrote: June 2, 2019, 1:35 pm

Burgess is being an absolute cat by saying it publicly - and he knows it too. Sour grapes.

He’s supposed to be someone “old school” and “tough” - none of the great forwards of years past would ever complain in public about what happens on the field - it’s the old cliche, but it stays on the field. Unless you’re an A-grade sook like Burgess
Completely agree
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

OMG 5 weeks for an early guilty plea. You fight that no questions. That is up there with the most intentional dangerous acts on a football field.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Can I just say I had one of the great nights at the Footy last night ever considering how sour the game was.

Not only was I in my work Corporate Box, but John McIntyre was there, he had some great stories to tell, great vision for the club, you can tell the passion he has for this club. Some stories were told where you know there are no camera about.

We were also with a guy Ben Cleary (GE might know who he is), was the Ball Boy in the 89, 90 and 91 GF...think his dad was a chairman?

It’s great to get insides on the club where you normally wouldn’t in the public eye.

Happy to win ugly and take the 2 points.

In Ricky We Trust
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Those 2pts last night were critical..

We'd be on life support if we'd lost last night.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah that’s straight garbage from Burgess
If it happened and you didn’t lodge a complaint then put a **** sock in it, you don’t condemn a man from the tv if you’re not willing to stand on it for the judiciary

That’s the height of cowardice imo
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

-PJ- wrote: June 2, 2019, 3:14 pm Those 2pts last night were critical..

We'd be on life support if we'd lost last night.
Agreed. We needed to win at least one of these two games (this and next week's) and we came up with the win this week. If we can pull it off next week too, we'll be in a really strong position.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I thought the Elliott Whitehead grubber and regather was touched.

Anybody else ?
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Burgess is just hurting because our rookies flogged him in the middle. Look at his brain explosion and the amount of penalties he gave.. absolute flog of a man

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

PigRickman wrote:Yeah that’s straight garbage from Burgess
If it happened and you didn’t lodge a complaint then put a **** sock in it, you don’t condemn a man from the tv if you’re not willing to stand on it for the judiciary

I shall have to fully agree with this

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Vomit, tears and 34,000km: Inside John Bateman’s inspirational Canberra Raiders return

As the teams warmed up at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night, John Bateman was knelt on the pitch chucking his guts up.

"I’d had too much to eat and it all just came out," he says. "It doesn’t really bother me to be fair. I normally do it inside the changing rooms, it’s just nervous energy and excitement really."

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 03722ca743

Corey Parker calls Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad one of the finds of the season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a3a3ea9f1d

Jarrod Croker steal leads Raiders to gutsy win over spirited Bulldogs outfit: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7f9e4006e5

Ricky Stuart heaps praise on his English imports’ impact on Raiders squad: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 40f7aaf002

Raiders forward John Bateman make immediate impact on return from injury with stunning try: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7d1a6997b4

Raiders forward Hudson Young charged for alleged eye gouge on Aiden Tolman: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... d371ab1a52
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders, #GreenNation! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Team of the Week: Round 12, 2019 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/02/cho ... -round-12/ via @NRL
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Neeeegz wrote: June 2, 2019, 6:08 pm
PigRickman wrote:Yeah that’s straight garbage from Burgess

I shall have to fully agree with this

I didn't hear this during the game, was watching Fox. Absolutely pigful act. Hopefully the players and those around him let him know.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

greeneyed wrote: June 2, 2019, 7:34 pm Vomit, tears and 34,000km: Inside John Bateman’s inspirational Canberra Raiders return

As the teams warmed up at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night, John Bateman was knelt on the pitch chucking his guts up.

"I’d had too much to eat and it all just came out," he says. "It doesn’t really bother me to be fair. I normally do it inside the changing rooms, it’s just nervous energy and excitement really."

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 03722ca743

Corey Parker calls Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad one of the finds of the season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a3a3ea9f1d

Jarrod Croker steal leads Raiders to gutsy win over spirited Bulldogs outfit: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7f9e4006e5

Ricky Stuart heaps praise on his English imports’ impact on Raiders squad: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 40f7aaf002

Raiders forward John Bateman make immediate impact on return from injury with stunning try: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7d1a6997b4

Raiders forward Hudson Young charged for alleged eye gouge on Aiden Tolman: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... d371ab1a52
Reminds me of the time Ricky Stuart spewed up on the field in a grand final - from nerves.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Round 12 In the sheds: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -klokstad/

Roaming Elliott: Round 12 v Bulldogs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/06 ... -bulldogs/
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Brew wrote:Can I just say I had one of the great nights at the Footy last night ever considering how sour the game was.

Not only was I in my work Corporate Box, but John McIntyre was there, he had some great stories to tell, great vision for the club, you can tell the passion he has for this club. Some stories were told where you know there are no camera about.

We were also with a guy Ben Cleary (GE might know who he is), was the Ball Boy in the 89, 90 and 91 GF...think his dad was a chairman?

It’s great to get insides on the club where you normally wouldn’t in the public eye.

Happy to win ugly and take the 2 points.

How'd John go remembering his computer password?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.