Bulldogs 13+
11%

Total votes: 18

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: 2019 Rd 12 V Bulldogs: Teams and Previews

Post by Sid »

injury to Havilii and Raiders would use Sezer at hooker before they'd use Starling IMO
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Seeing it's an 8 week injury I'd imagine they'd register Starling

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

6-8 weeks (lately injuries predictions for time spent out has been at the lower end of the scale) with Raiders having 2 weeks off in that time, so I'm hopeful Hodgson will miss 4 games.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

hold off registering Starling, use Havili first 30 and last 30 squeeze 20mins out of hingano sezer and the backs.
Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: May 27, 2019, 9:54 am Joe Tapine return for Canberra Raiders tempered by Josh Hodgson's broken thumb

The revolving door of the casualty ward in Canberra continues to spin wildly with the return of Joe Tapine tempered by a broken thumb to Englishman Josh Hodgson.

"It's footy and I've been in the wars lately but for me personally it's frustrating and depressing sometimes," Joe Tapine said. "But it's footy, it's a contact sport, it's going to happen but sometimes you question why it's happening.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/26/tap ... ken-thumb/
Tapine blowing pretty hard at the end of his 35min stint. Can't see him starting. Reckon it'll be the same rotation of him pushing Young into the middle.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: May 27, 2019, 12:55 pm hold off registering Starling, use Havili first 30 and last 30 squeeze 20mins out of hingano sezer and the backs.
Hmm that was a disaster last time.

But if Bateman was back I'd happily hand over to him at hooker for 10 minutes a half and whoever comes on for Hingano goes into lock... He's due back Round 13?
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Northern Raider wrote: May 27, 2019, 12:09 pm Trying to think when Sezer and Williams have played in the halves together. Can't recall off the top of my head.
Raiders vs Bulldogs last year in both games and we won
Hands-will-do-it
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Hands-will-do-it »

Our forward pack still has its strengths. I don't think our team this week has a lot of points in them, so we really need to defend well against a very average Bulldogs team (William's, Croker - I'm looking at you)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Crusader wrote: May 27, 2019, 2:12 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 27, 2019, 12:09 pm Trying to think when Sezer and Williams have played in the halves together. Can't recall off the top of my head.
Raiders vs Bulldogs last year in both games and we won
Maybe Sezer plays best with Williams. :hmmm
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Band of rookies face a major test as Canberra Raiders left depleted

Out goes 1082 games and seven of Canberra's elite, and in comes 306 games worth of rookies and seasoned players searching for an NRL berth. How can they possibly win against the Bulldogs?

"We've really got to go and have a good look at ourselves," Jack Wighton said. "We let them be the better team with the way we turned up, our attitude and energy. That's something we've really got to fix quickly or it's going to be a long year."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

Looking forward to seeing Kris play a full NRL game in his preferred position at centre he will be a gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

A very reliable source told me tonight that Tom Starling will be making his debut!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ilanraiders wrote: May 27, 2019, 9:48 pm A very reliable source told me tonight that Tom Starling will be making his debut!!
Makes sense.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I’m glad to hear it seems Starling was bought for a reason. I’d hate a repeat of the Garvey situation.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Timbo wrote: May 27, 2019, 11:23 pm I’m glad to hear it seems Starling was bought for a reason. I’d hate a repeat of the Garvey situation.
Seems to be in Raiders camp today.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Ilanraiders wrote: May 27, 2019, 9:48 pm A very reliable source told me tonight that Tom Starling will be making his debut!!
Rapa any hope?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

One thing about Origin, it gives young players an opportunity in FG and the players which go to Origin camp usually come back with new perspectives on footy. Both sides are missing players due to Origin so I am expecting a grinding game with the side with best completions likely to win. I was impressed with the pace of Bailey Simmonson last week in chasing down the Cowboys. Hopefully we develop a method to show that lightning pace in attack.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Hazza wrote: May 27, 2019, 11:49 pm
Rapa any hope?
Unsure but I got told by a club legend that Starling is making his debut
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

RedRaider wrote:One thing about Origin, it gives young players an opportunity in FG and the players which go to Origin camp usually come back with new perspectives on footy. Both sides are missing players due to Origin so I am expecting a grinding game with the side with best completions likely to win. I was impressed with the pace of Bailey Simmonson last week in chasing down the Cowboys. Hopefully we develop a method to show that lightning pace in attack.
The Dogs are missing Napa to SOO... Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

I was very impressed with Starling in the trial game I went to. Plays direct and is quick out if dummy half. Looking forward to see how he goes.

I have not seen much of Mounties how has he been going?

This reminds me of the days we dominated Origin and had to call upon players like Steve Stone, Jason Death and Albert Fulivai!

In Ricky We Trust
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

See the Daily Telegraph is reporting that the 7 players out this week are all part of our 13 highest paid players and the total salaries of these 7 is $4.2 million.

We have applied for dispensation to bring in Tom Starling this week from outside the top 30 and apparently one other rookie - I imagine that is Seb Kris who I thought was a development listed player. Either that or we need one more to make up the 21 to be named today.

For those fans of Fawlty Towers, you could just imagine the Raiders going to the NRL salary cap inspector and John McIntyre when the salary cap inspector comes in saying "So you're the Rat inspector!!! Sorry Furner, Starling inspector!!"

(I know for 99% of you that paragraph above will mean nothing!!)
TootsForOrigin
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Post by TootsForOrigin »

Pending on injured players returning the likely team for this week:
1. CNK
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Oldfield (Kris if Raps isn't back)
5. Rapana (Oldfield if Raps isn't back)
6. Sezer (I would love for Hingano to get a shot but I think Sticky will stick with Williams)
7. Williams (Didn't play well enough to get picked but Sticky doesn't have much of a choice)
8. Horse
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton
14. Starling (If he gets the 30th spot otherwise this will be Hingano)
15. Tapine (Royce Hunt if Tapine is injured)
16. Soliola
17. Guler/Murchie (What's the news with him is he injured?)

Obviously not our best side and would be great if Taps, Rapana and Bateman could all get out on the field but I still think we can win against a struggling Bulldogs side. I think CNK and Croker really need to step up in the absence of Jack and Cotric and produce something special this week.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Bay53 wrote: May 28, 2019, 8:42 am See the Daily Telegraph is reporting that the 7 players out this week are all part of our 13 highest paid players and the total salaries of these 7 is $4.2 million.

We have applied for dispensation to bring in Tom Starling this week from outside the top 30 and apparently one other rookie - I imagine that is Seb Kris who I thought was a development listed player. Either that or we need one more to make up the 21 to be named today.
If you look at what might have been a generous salary for each of those out, what do you think the salaries are then?
Wighton- 800k
Papali- 700k
BJ- 700k
Rapana- 500k
Hodgo- 700k
Bateman- 400k
Cotric-300k
=4.1 mill.

I might have Hodgo and Wighton the wrong way around. That's about my guess anyway. I might be over-estimating Bateman but who would I be underestimating since I'm still 100k short?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BnM Papa and Raps may be a bit high and International Bateman a bit low.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Kris is already in the top squad. I’d imagine the other exemption we’d be aiming for might be Satini? Considering this week if Rapana is still injured there is no back up outside back available.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Don’t know where the Daily Telegraph is coming from.

Isn’t Tapine on $1.3 million a season according to some journalists and Lui on $950k according to some GH posters.

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

BadnMean wrote:
Bay53 wrote: May 28, 2019, 8:42 am See the Daily Telegraph is reporting that the 7 players out this week are all part of our 13 highest paid players and the total salaries of these 7 is $4.2 million.

If you look at what might have been a generous salary for each of those out, what do you think the salaries are then?
Wighton- 800k
Papali- 700k
BJ- 700k
Rapana- 500k
Hodgo- 700k
Bateman- 400k
Cotric-300k
=4.1 mill.

I might have Hodgo and Wighton the wrong way around. That's about my guess anyway. I might be over-estimating Bateman but who would I be underestimating since I'm still 100k short?
I’m pretty sure Hodgo would be close to a $1m a year

BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: May 28, 2019, 9:42 am BnM Papa and Raps may be a bit high and International Bateman a bit low.
Was just guessing lower as he was "unproven" in the NRL and SL salaries being generally lower I thought we may have grabbed a bargain.

If I'm low for him and high for those 2 that still leaves us further away.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

For those fans of Fawlty Towers, you could just imagine the Raiders going to the NRL salary cap inspector and John McIntyre when the salary cap inspector comes in saying "So you're the Rat inspector!!! Sorry Furner, Starling inspector!!"

Seb Kris is on a one year contract in the top 30. https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 23#p115470

He can’t be a development player, he debuted last week before June 30.

Starling is Mounties contracted, as far as we can tell. If the Raiders have a top 30 spot left, which is what’s announced so far, the NRL would rightly expect us to fill that first.

Satini could be the other Mounties player in mind.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Five Things: Raiders v Bulldogs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... -bulldogs/

Bulldogs v Raiders: Round 12 preview: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/28/bul ... 2-preview/
Mr. Snrub
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai

Post by Mr. Snrub »

TootsForOrigin wrote: May 28, 2019, 9:26 am Pending on injured players returning the likely team for this week:
1. CNK
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Oldfield (Kris if Raps isn't back)
5. Rapana (Oldfield if Raps isn't back)
6. Sezer (I would love for Hingano to get a shot but I think Sticky will stick with Williams)
7. Williams (Didn't play well enough to get picked but Sticky doesn't have much of a choice)
8. Horse
9. Havili
10. Lui
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton
14. Starling (If he gets the 30th spot otherwise this will be Hingano)
15. Tapine (Royce Hunt if Tapine is injured)
16. Soliola
17. Guler/Murchie (What's the news with him is he injured?)

Obviously not our best side and would be great if Taps, Rapana and Bateman could all get out on the field but I still think we can win against a struggling Bulldogs side. I think CNK and Croker really need to step up in the absence of Jack and Cotric and produce something special this week.
I really don't think much of Hingano. He didn't provide anything of value when he played for the Raiders last year. How's he been for Mounties? Or has he been injured a lot this year?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Hingano has been good for Mounties. I think you can't judge him too much on last year given the way he was used.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Brew wrote: May 28, 2019, 8:06 am I was very impressed with Starling in the trial game I went to. Plays direct and is quick out if dummy half. Looking forward to see how he goes.

I have not seen much of Mounties how has he been going?

This reminds me of the days we dominated Origin and had to call upon players like Steve Stone, Jason Death and Albert Fulivai!

Guess who he carved up that day?!?!
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

As I've said before I don't care who Ricky selects in that halves battle but the thought of Sezer coming in and having a big game might even be worth the sanctimonious carry on that will follow.

Maybe, I haven't decided yet.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.