Bulldogs 13+
11%

Total votes: 18

PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Re: 2019 Rd 12 V Bulldogs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned that Sezer and Williams will be trying to outdo each other that its all just going to be a big cluster **** in the halves?
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I'd leave Guler out but wouldn't be surprised if he plays centre.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: May 31, 2019, 12:23 pm Video: Coaches Comment: It's a new experience for a few of them: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... w-of-them/

Gallery: Round 12 Captains Run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... tains-run/
That last photo is really interesting.

Also more talk about Taps fitness. Not sounding like a start.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

He was also killing it at #13. You put the players in the spots that best suit the team overall. Whitehead and Tapine aren't anywhere near as effective at lock, but Bateman is equally effective in the second row and at lock. Bateman to #13.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

zim wrote: May 31, 2019, 4:01 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 31, 2019, 12:23 pm Video: Coaches Comment: It's a new experience for a few of them: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... w-of-them/

Gallery: Round 12 Captains Run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... tains-run/

Great photo Zim,getting ready for another frustrating game!!!!! :roflmao :roflmao

Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

zim wrote: May 31, 2019, 4:01 pm

:roflmao :roflmao
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I think Bateman has played his best footy for us on the right. I would have EW at lock because he is a defensive work a holic. Tapine on the left. Kris is a good defensive player and has pace but I've not really seen him step anyone. I think JB will give us a good right side attack corridor. Young to make way for the Internationals by going to the bench. I wish HorsPower all the best at starting Front Row.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Given Stuart's comments, most likely is Bateman and Whitehead starting in second row, with Tapine coming off the bench as a middle forward. I worry about Tapine's fitness playing at second row, he needs to be at his best defensively with a rookie centre on one side and Sam Williams on the other.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Without Papa, we need a but of oomph and size in the middle. Tapine into that rotation please.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

zim wrote:

I spat my pizza out when I saw this! **** LOL!!!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What's going on in the Canberra Raiders' rehab?

The Canberra Raiders allowed John Bateman to head back to England to be with family as he recovered from a fractured eye socket. Has that played a part in his early return on Saturday against the Bulldogs?

"It probably helped me clear my head a little bit because I thought it was going to be a lot longer than what it was. "It probably clears your head in a way and just gets you focused and give yourself a little target to get back. I think that's what it did for me over there."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

UPDATED REPORT: Canberra Raiders star John Bateman has been cleared to play: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

John Bateman will play Fullback

*according to his twitter account

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VIDEO: Hear from Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart about the inclusion of John Bateman for the clash with the Bulldogs tomorrow night! http://ow.ly/pROq50utwjD

The Canberra Raiders have received a timely boost ahead of tomorrow's clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, with Ricky Stuart revealing John Bateman has been cleared to play. The English International will slot straight back into the starting side - adding some much needed experience to the injury hit team, WIN News Canberra reports.

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:He was also killing it at #13. You put the players in the spots that best suit the team overall. Whitehead and Tapine aren't anywhere near as effective at lock, but Bateman is equally effective in the second row and at lock. Bateman to #13.
Spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Given all the talent we're missing on the right edge - and remembering that Kris at right centre is essentially on debut - I would be placing Bateman right next to him as the right edge second rower. I don't like the idea of a defensive combination of Williams, Tapine and Kris much if I'm honest, I would be using Bateman to strengthen that area. Happy for either Tarps or Sutton to start in 13, Elliot on the left.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

PerthRaider86 wrote: May 31, 2019, 3:47 pm Is it just me or is anyone else concerned that Sezer and Williams will be trying to outdo each other that its all just going to be a big cluster **** in the halves?
I don’t think we will lose the game in the halves.
I think errors, penalties and attitude will be our killers. the Dogs will come out hard they know they can beat this depleted team with or without Bateman. We simply should have beaten the Cows last week but the above was our Achilles heal.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

twistedbydesign wrote: June 1, 2019, 1:22 am Given all the talent we're missing on the right edge - and remembering that Kris at right centre is essentially on debut - I would be placing Bateman right next to him as the right edge second rower. I don't like the idea of a defensive combination of Williams, Tapine and Kris much if I'm honest, I would be using Bateman to strengthen that area. Happy for either Tarps or Sutton to start in 13, Elliot on the left.
Yep, I agree. Sutton can lock down the middle but Bateman is easily the best candidate to hold the right. Dogs will be attacking that side all day.

I love Tarps but his fitness is nowhere near 100%. I’d have him coming off the bench in the prop rotation.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Rickman wrote: May 31, 2019, 10:22 pm
greeneyed wrote:He was also killing it at #13. You put the players in the spots that best suit the team overall. Whitehead and Tapine aren't anywhere near as effective at lock, but Bateman is equally effective in the second row and at lock. Bateman to #13.
Spot on.

Watch the games again, his best games for us were in the second row. Not here to re-ignite debate on where he should play but he moved to the edge early in the season - playing more games there - and thrived. And yes, he played well at 13 too.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'd like to have him in the middle today with Hodgson missing to organise and lead the ruck defense
Edrick The Entertainer
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

The Rickman wrote:
Spot on.

Yep in a perfect world where we were not missing 6 first graders. I'd prefer to see the Bateman on the right and Elliot at lock with the sides current makeup

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk