Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Sutton struggling?

Post by Northern Raider »

Must be a different Sutton to the one I'm thinking of
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Lol
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Northern Raider wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:02 pm Must be a different Sutton to the one I'm thinking of
You don't think this thread is about Gerard?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Sid wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:04 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:02 pm Must be a different Sutton to the one I'm thinking of
Must be
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Every player has a slightly off game now and then... did you see what he did on Saturday night? One of the best on field.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Northern Raider wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:10 pm
Sid wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:04 pm
Must be
I thought so too until I realised that he has always struggled
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Gerald+Bernie yes.

Ryan Sutton..no way !

I can recall the debate about him before he arrived, most of us were...meh !!'

He's been solid..real damn solid..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Lol
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

sprintman struggling ?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

61mins, 130m and 42 tackles. Looks like chump numbers to me.
Surely this is a pot stirrer.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

zim wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:43 pm 61mins, 130m and 42 tackles. Looks like chump numbers to me.
that was vs Bunnies. Sprintman said Chooks. He must have got over his injury and homesickness through the week.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Northern Raider wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:46 pm
zim wrote: May 20, 2019, 3:43 pm 61mins, 130m and 42 tackles. Looks like chump numbers to me.
that was vs Bunnies. Sprintman said Chooks. He must have got over his injury and homesickness through the week.
Ah right you are. I saw unread and assumed it was for the most recent game. I've been BAMBOOZLED.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Smoker !!'
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Excellent

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

First year in the NRL- he won't have faced a month of intense footy like that ever in the SL, I'm not surprised he had one slightly off game.

He's a bit of a quiet achiever (unless you listen to the commentators, who also give him half of Young's plays) but he racks up some solid stats and for some reason we are usually much more solid up the middle this year. I'm saying he's a part of that. Yep- vs Chooks we were a bit soft up the middle and low and behold it was Sutton's off day (among others in the team).

He's not flash, Papa does the dynamo stuff and the new look Lui ripping in like a madman for his reduced minutes does some impact too. Sutton's job is to just be a reliable rock in the middle there, always takes his hit ups for 10, never seems to get smashed, n& generally is very alert to staying alive in defence around the ruck and never clocks off.

Stats say he's amongst the very lowest LB causes, try causes for his position and within 2% of the very best in the game (for 8 games or more) in his position for tackle efficiency. When you consider how gassed he must have been in his early games up in QLD. He's doing a very, very good job making that middle solid.

He's a good mix for our pack. Papa, Sia, Hors, Whitehead etc can all lay on some big hits and add frills and Sutton gets his bloody job done.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

BadnMean wrote: May 20, 2019, 5:03 pm First year in the NRL- he won't have faced a month of intense footy like that ever in the SL, I'm not surprised he had one slightly off game.

He's a bit of a quiet achiever (unless you listen to the commentators, who also give him half of Young's plays) but he racks up some solid stats and for some reason we are usually much more solid up the middle this year. I'm saying he's a part of that. Yep- vs Chooks we were a bit soft up the middle and low and behold it was Sutton's off day (among others in the team).

He's not flash, Papa does the dynamo stuff and the new look Lui ripping in like a madman for his reduced minutes does some impact too. Sutton's job is to just be a reliable rock in the middle there, always takes his hit ups for 10, never seems to get smashed, n& generally is very alert to staying alive in defence around the ruck and never clocks off.

Stats say he's amongst the very lowest LB causes, try causes for his position and within 2% of the very best in the game (for 8 games or more) in his position for tackle efficiency. When you consider how gassed he must have been in his early games up in QLD. He's doing a very, very good job making that middle solid.

He's a good mix for our pack. Papa, Sia, Hors, Whitehead etc can all lay on some big hits and add frills and Sutton gets his bloody job done.
He bounced back pretty well from that off game too.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

BadnMean wrote: May 20, 2019, 5:03 pm First year in the NRL- he won't have faced a month of intense footy like that ever in the SL, I'm not surprised he had one slightly off game.

Well said. This was the Ryan Sutton of posts.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

We're talking about Gerard yeah?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

On another note that fella Papalii sure is down on form at the moment. Should be introducing himself to the Mounties coach.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Ruben Daley wrote: May 20, 2019, 9:00 pm

Well said. This was the Ryan Sutton of posts.
Oh ****. Requesting a username change to PapaYoungCrazyHorse and requesting membership to Mounties forum. I don't come online to be competent.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote: May 20, 2019, 2:59 pmLol
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

The cowards are back eh?