Canberra Raiders rewarded with representative honours

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: Cotric, Wighton, Papalii selected for Origin

Post by yeh raiders »

-PJ- wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:37 pm Freddy must want to be sacked..
He’s on his last legs. I’m appalled.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:42 pm
PigRickman wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:35 pm
Makaveli wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:13 pm Daniel Saifiti - LOL
haha i thought i was drunk when i read that.
He'll put some fear into the QLDers.

No one takes powder puff hit ups quite like the Siafiti's! :lol:
Would prefer Paulo. He's actually playing very well.
Daniel Saifiti will get an Origin jersey..it will be his only..cherish that Daniel..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

PigRickman wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:44 pm We're going to be here all night if we just start naming players we'd prefer over big Dan Siafiti! haha.
Sharon Woods..not kidding.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It's a proud moment, Big Dan will be able to sit his grandkids on his knee many years from now and tell them, with pride, that he once got his **** pushed in by Josh Papalii in an origin game.

Hopefully Josh gives him enough autographs to satisfy the demands on Dan's grandkids.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Where is the Saifiti hate coming from?
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I dont know if it's hate, more so he's just absolutely trash haha
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Trbojevic, Murray and Finucane. All are 89 min middle 3rd workhorses. No idea how he plans to utilise them.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I don't hate DSaifiti..

Good luck Dan. When you get the ball..look up..identify Papa..and run elsewhere !!!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

julian87 wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:52 pm Where is the Saifiti hate coming from?
I wouldn't call it hate. More bemusement that a middle of the road NRL prop can suddenly become an Origin player.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Wow, we are lacking quality bench props

Freddie must be planning on some kind of mobile pack game plan. I'm just stunned Saifiti gets a jersey. Wow.

Our backline is arguably better than game 1 though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

All the arguments on here as to whether Jack Wighton is a center or not is about to be tested in State of Origin. The physicality of his clash with Chambers will be Epic.

Freddy has gone back to the winning halves combination of last year.
I can't see Saifiti in the NRL Top 50 for run meters, post contact meters or tackle breaks. I think Tamou would have been a better choice.
Glad to see Finucane in the side. He is a middle forward similar in style to Jake Trbojevic. I see that as a positive at Origin level.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:02 pm Wow, we are lacking quality bench props

Freddie must be planning on some kind of mobile pack game plan. I'm just stunned Saifiti gets a jersey. Wow.

Our backline is arguably better than game 1 though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I think the backline will hold its own. Jack won't let anybody down defensively although the bloke named in #6 couldn't tackle the flu.

He wasn't named in game 1 because he was bog..back he's back baby. QLD will direct plenty of traffic at him cuz he can't tackle. He'll need Frizzel or JTurbo to look after him..
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

In 43 minutes of game time, Big Dan offers up 10 hit ups per game, for 86 hard fought yards, 0 line breaks, less than a tackle break a game, he has 1... count em ONE offload on the season, and 22 tackles
And he's the answer to Klemmer?
haha

The good news is his error rate and penalty rates are low. Lets get it.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

RedRaider wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:03 pm Glad to see Finucane in the side. He is a middle forward similar in style to Jake Trbojevic. I see that as a positive at Origin level.
So how does Freddy use him with Trbojevic already there? Half a game each? Then how do they use Murray?

The other 2 bench players are edge forwards ( also questionable picks). Really hard to see how they can properly utilise the full 17.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Jake T will pack down in a the prop spot for a lot of this game i think. He's going to be NSW's #3 front rower.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

LemonMan and co will tell you it never happened, but last time Wighton clashed with Chambers in the centres, Wighton won the battle comfortably. But that was 2013.

Picking Tommy Turbo at centre and leaving Latrell out is just plain reckless.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

raiderskater wrote: June 16, 2019, 3:23 pm Tamou is nearly as marshmallow a forward as Aaron Woods.

And no I don't know what the answer is, but not frickin' Tamou. Surely there's someone better than that.
You must have missed the 45 metre angled run he put on for a try against us in Wagga Wagga. Or the fact that of the middles available for NSW for post contact meters he is in the top 4. Klemmer is now out that makes top 3. Aiden Tolman and Finucane are the others. Yes even better than Jake Trbojevic on the post contact meter stats.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Tbf with Klemmer, Woods, Lodge, TPJ, McLean, Fifita, Haas all unavailable for various reasons it’s slim pickings. Tbh I’d have picked Junior Paulo if he wanted in.
Last edited by julian87 on June 16, 2019, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

PigRickman wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:11 pm Jake T will pack down in a the prop spot for a lot of this game i think. He's going to be NSW's #3 front rower.
Exactly right Pig. NR, I think both Jake T and Dale F will spend some time in the front row, but they are middles and thats what middles do.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

He has three 80 minute backrowers on the run on side and has picked four backrowers on the bench. It's official, Fittler has lost the **** plot.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

If the Blues lose in Perth we all have a chance for the dead rubber I reckon..
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

julian87 wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:17 pm Tbf with Klemmer, Woods, Lodge, TPJ, McLean, Fifita, Haas all unavailable for various reasons it’s slim pickings. Tbh I’d have picked Junior Paulo if he wanted in.
TBF even despite those issues, there is at least half a dozen players who i'd play before Big Dan. Haha.
But who knows, maybe he'll surprise us!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

RedRaider wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:18 pm
PigRickman wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:11 pm Jake T will pack down in a the prop spot for a lot of this game i think. He's going to be NSW's #3 front rower.
Exactly right Pig. NR, I think both Jake T and Dale F will spend some time in the front row, but they are middles and thats what middles do.
You can say a middle forward is a middle forward all you like. But Trbo and Finucand play their roles behind the best NRL level meter eating front row combinations in the game. Now they have to not only play behind an inferior combination but step up and be part of the 1-2 which they aren’t suited to.

The stupidest pick is Wade Graham imo. He cost NSW the series 2 years ago, he’s 90 minutes back from a knee reco and if you’re picking Boyd Cordner you’re picking him to play 80. He wouldn’t be effective anywhere but left second row, his only utility value is maybe covering the halves and there are already 3 other genuine second rowers in the 17.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah i agree with that
Jake T is going to see a lot of time at #8-10 and i dont think that's great

The Wade Graham selection puzzled me too.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Ah it just wouldn't be origin without a couple bizarre NSW selections/changes thrown in there, it's what it's all about!

Good chance for redemption for Jack getting a starting gig, I think center is a good position for him in this arena. Time will tell.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

julian87 wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:17 pm Tbf with Klemmer, Woods, Lodge, TPJ, McLean, Fifita, Haas all unavailable for various reasons it’s slim pickings. Tbh I’d have picked Junior Paulo if he wanted in.
Opted for Samoa I think.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

They literally picked two players out of position for centre over Croker.

Wighton should have been picked at 6 and Croker at 3, keep Morris at 4 (he wasn't great but not horrible), I suppose Addo-Carr has to stay and find anybody, anybody but Ferguson to play in the 2 or 5.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Julian, I reckon the side picked is there to play an up tempo game. I reckon there will be a lot more support for Damien Cook with such a mobile pack. Jake and Dale are not bad meter eaters themselves. They have some footwork and run angles well. They are also mobile in the defensive line so there will be support for the edges. Like most on here though I just don't see a lot of game time for Saifiti selection.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

RedRaider wrote: June 16, 2019, 7:50 pm Julian, I reckon the side picked is there to play an up tempo game. I reckon there will be a lot more support for Damien Cook with such a mobile pack. Jake and Dale are not bad meter eaters themselves. They have some footwork and run angles well. They are also mobile in the defensive line so there will be support for the edges. Like most on here though I just don't see a lot of game time for Saifiti selection.
It's hard to play an up tempo game if your first couple of hit ups get dominated. Losing Klemmer hurts even more when you don't pick a guy who can give you a similar type of game.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I think Finucane will start in the middle with the Newcastle prop on the bench come game night.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Really can't believe Fittler made so many changes. Feels like panic following a loss.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

I know he hasn't played his best this year but surely you pick Regan Campbell Gillard long before you pick Saifiti.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Kiwi, i might pick you before i'd pick Saifiti.
Though your eligibility might be questionable based on user name, but then, Jimmy Tamou is an Origin player.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Panic stations from NSW once again.

- Daniel **** Saifiti. **** me
- Very harsh on Morris. Has Trbojevic ever even played in the centres?
- Picking Maloney now when he should've been picked for game one
- Dale **** Finucane. What have we learnt about run of the mill Melbourne forwards
- Obviously thrilled at Jack starting, but at the expense of Latrell.... hmm. If the reason to drop him is anything other than off-field issues then it is a grave mistake
- Wade Graham. Why. How.

People are obsessed with picking on form. If history, especially recent, has taught us anything it's to pick on class first.

Fittler approach his first series with fresh eyes and so much clarity. He's now confusing himself and seemingly going down the same line as every other NSW coach of the past 15 years.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

afgtnk wrote: June 16, 2019, 8:34 pm Panic stations from NSW once again.

- Daniel **** Saifiti. **** me
- Very harsh on Morris. Has Trbojevic ever even played in the centres?
- Picking Maloney now when he should've been picked for game one
- Dale **** Finucane. What have we learnt about run of the mill Melbourne forwards
- Obviously thrilled at Jack starting, but at the expense of Latrell.... hmm. If the reason to drop him is anything other than off-field issues then it is a grave mistake
- Wade Graham. Why. How.

People are obsessed with picking on form. If history, especially recent, has taught us anything it's to pick on class first.

Fittler approach his first series with fresh eyes and so much clarity. He's now confusing himself and seemingly going down the same line as every other NSW coach of the past 15 years.
Turbo played centre for Australia.