Canberra Raiders rewarded with representative honours

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders Origin chances

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Josh Papalii set to experience true meaning of mate versus mate

The Raiders have not had a foot in both Origin camps in six years, but this year, Canberra forward Josh Papalii could be coming up against any number of his club teammates.

"With the boys who have had their names put up it's not a good thing for Queensland with guys like (Nick) Cotric and Jack (Wighton) coming through. They're quality players who can do some damage," Papalii said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/23/pap ... rsus-mate/
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I noticed Daley singled out Cotric for having a poor "reed" in defense in the telecrap this morning so shouldn't get selected. You wonder what he has watched for the past 3 seasons.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Alexander just posted an article on "Player's Choice" which strongly hints Cotric will get selected on the right side. If he has a good game against the Cowboys at centre, I think that is where he will play.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

edwahu wrote: May 23, 2019, 1:44 pm I noticed Daley singled out Cotric for having a poor "reed" in defense in the telecrap this morning so shouldn't get selected. You wonder what he has watched for the past 3 seasons.
He's a better defender than Dugan and Fergo. Laurie smoking something.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Probably smoking the same stuff as Dugan and ferguson
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Paul Kent on Matty Johns podcast has said he thinks Cotric will be right wing, though another good showing this week might see him as a bolter at right centre.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/the-matty- ... ode=375862

Nice tribute to Pongia too.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

interesting... i got told yesterday from a notoriously unreliable source whose name starts with "L" and ends in "ucy, prized ****, first and god willing last of his name" who said Cotric is already penned into the team.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: May 23, 2019, 3:52 pm interesting... i got told yesterday from a notoriously unreliable source whose name starts with "L" and ends in "ucy, prized ****, first and god willing last of his name" who said Cotric is already penned into the team.
I'm fairly certain if Lucy comes through with this scoop it'll be his first one ever.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

He did get that 'Glenn Stewart is coming to Canberra' rumour right. It just turned out to be in a Parramatta jersey.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

New South Wales Blues bolter: Canberra Raiders star Nick Cotric emerges as NSW contender

Rising Raiders star Nick Cotric has been touted as an option at right centre or on the wing by the NSW Blues' brains trust for June 5's series opener.

"Having that utility value in Nick covering BJ's position, who I thought would have been picked for Origin with the form he was displaying, is great as a coach," Ricky Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Locked.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Ferguson did himself no favours tonight. He had a poor match for the Eels at center. There was some talk of Morris coming back to Origin. If Nic Cotric is to be selected then it would benefit him to have an experienced outside back beside him in his first series. With Turbo Tom injured, then Cotric and Morris would form a large and solid right edge. On form, Papa is an absolute certainty for Qld.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That game was **** atrocious, and fergo was the **** cherry on top
Absolute ‘mare of a game
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I've always thought that Fergo tries to do too much at centre. He's much better on the wing where he can just focus on making metres running the ball up.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I think I'd rather see 4. Cotric 5. Ferguson over 4. Morris 5. Cotric
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

NSW don’t need either of Morris or Ferguson.

Between Cotric, Wighton, Ramien and Croker there are several better available combinations. The more I think about it the more I doubt Fittler will go back to losing culture players like those 2.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I do feel for Leilua here. It was his spot this year imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yeah some players just end up with a much easier path than BJ and Croker. Especially when you see players like Ramien getting close to selection already.

At least one of them probably would've played for Australia in 2016 if not for injury as well.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Can Mitchell play right center ?

Keep the club combination of Croker and Cotric on the left and play Mitchell and Addo Carr on the right.

Although this takes Mitchell away from the Cordner/Keary side.

But ethier way it would be an option for NSW to pick the next best Center and Winger available at this stage instead of reverting back to the Morris/Ferguson inclusion
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Lol. Only the GH would shift Latrell to accommodate Croker. Top stuff.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

PigRickman wrote: May 24, 2019, 8:03 am That game was **** atrocious, and fergo was the **** cherry on top
Absolute ‘mare of a game
Ever since he left us he's lost the ability to play centre. Lost the extra size and the decision making went right out the window.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

edwahu wrote: May 24, 2019, 10:03 am Yeah some players just end up with a much easier path than BJ and Croker. Especially when you see players like Ramien getting close to selection already.

At least one of them probably would've played for Australia in 2016 if not for injury as well.
I don't understand Jesse Ramien- eye test and stats point to him being a bang middle of the road centre in every department. But I guess he has high potential but it's nowhere near doing anything with it.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

One of the big factors of having Cotric at right centre is that Trbojevic will presumably slot back in to the wing role once he's back. Considering that the other candidates aren't too flash and that NSW seem keen on including Cotric somewhere, I'd roll with Cotric at centre. I'd hate to see somebody like Ramien or Morris selected just for Cotric to lose his spot and Ramien or whoever to remain once Trbo is back. I think NSW would be better off finding a winger who will be a good fill in for a game or two before going the other route.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 24, 2019, 10:19 am Lol. Only the GH would shift Latrell to accommodate Croker. Top stuff.
Only on the Greenhouse do you get this sort of knowledgeable reply during discussion. Top stuff. :thumbsup
Last edited by scotchberry on May 24, 2019, 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Raiders_Pat wrote: May 24, 2019, 12:11 pm One of the big factors of having Cotric at right centre is that Trbojevic will presumably slot back in to the wing role once he's back. Considering that the other candidates aren't too flash and that NSW seem keen on including Cotric somewhere, I'd roll with Cotric at centre. I'd hate to see somebody like Ramien or Morris selected just for Cotric to lose his spot and Ramien or whoever to remain once Trbo is back. I think NSW would be better off finding a winger who will be a good fill in for a game or two before going the other route.
R_P I reckon the Ramien thing is due to the fact he's been in the right circles, as in got notoriety at Cronulla and now he's in front of the likes of the Johns Brothers on a weekly basis so with the media influence they have it is enough to put his name forward or at least in the conversation. He's almost the last reasonable NSW right centre standing so could get a jersey by default.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

Raiders_Pat wrote: May 24, 2019, 12:11 pm One of the big factors of having Cotric at right centre is that Trbojevic will presumably slot back in to the wing role once he's back. Considering that the other candidates aren't too flash and that NSW seem keen on including Cotric somewhere, I'd roll with Cotric at centre. I'd hate to see somebody like Ramien or Morris selected just for Cotric to lose his spot and Ramien or whoever to remain once Trbo is back. I think NSW would be better off finding a winger who will be a good fill in for a game or two before going the other route.
Yes forget about Turbo - thanks for the sound and measured logic in your discussion.

If NSW do go down that route of finding a fill in winger then Tupou would not be the worse to pick and it would also make an all Roosters left side.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I think Cotric is very close to selection with a good match today. I said above I would look at Morris to partner him because he is an experienced footballer who will be good for Nic to play beside and also the fact that I reckon when Brad Fittler looks at a future side it will be with Cotric and Turbo Tom on the right edge. There are other players like Lomax from the Dragons who only need a bit more experience to also be in the mix.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Keary ruled out of game 1.
6. Walker
7. Reynolds

14. Wighton

That’s my pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson

Post by Ilanraiders »

Danaman137 wrote: May 25, 2019, 2:52 pm Keary ruled out of game 1.
6. Walker
7. Reynolds

14. Wighton

That’s my pick

X2

"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson

Post by Ilanraiders »

Ilanraiders wrote: May 25, 2019, 3:54 pm
Danaman137 wrote: May 25, 2019, 2:52 pm Keary ruled out of game 1.
6. Walker
7. Reynolds

14. Wighton

That’s my pick

X2

But I think they would go
7. Reynolds
6. Cleary
14. Walker
If the blues want to win they should pick Sam Williams!!!
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Jack and Cotric must be huge chances. Selectors won't hold the lack of opportunities against Cotric, put him in the NSW backline and he kills it.
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Pretty sure Croker did about everything he could to make sure he wasn’t selected.

Wighton did well and Cotric got limited opportunities
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Yep... I wanted Croker to get his origin glory but that was awful. Cotric and Jack were 2 bright spots today. Jack was good in a bad team, Cotric was good when given a quality opportunity. Both should be under heavy consideration for the team.

Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Fergo
Cotric
Mitchell
Addo Carr

Reynolds
Cleary